Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Will there be a walkthrough on how to get the CGs like with Overlord H? I'm missing: 07, 08, 11, 12, 41, and 42 right now.
A walkthrough exists for all my projects, I have a tier specific for walkthroughs (Tier 3 - Necromancer), so it would be pretty bad if the game did not have a walkthrough by now :p

You can get it from here:

or

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Yamemai and Tenzai

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
A walkthrough exists for all my projects, I have a tier specific for walkthroughs (Tier 3 - Necromancer), so it would be pretty bad if the game did not have a walkthrough by now :p

You can get it from here:

or
Thanks. I didn't know because Overlord's walkthrough was on the first page of it's thread on here but not one for LoH. But, I have no way to support it so will have to wait until it becomes free, if they do that is.

Reactions: Yamemai

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
Have to agree with that one guy complaining about the dungeon crawler aspect, especially because of the routes/gallery unlocks. The game basically makes you replay it -- unless you know what choices to unlock the gallery -- but due to the dungeon/grind aspect, it becomes really annoying not being able to skip it.
Ex. The game starts you off two choices before actually going into the dungeon, of which they can lock you out of certain routes. This forces you to look at a walkthrough[paid], or restart and play again, wasting the time you might have spent grinding stats.
[ I believe the 1st choice [Eina teasing] locks you out of another choice [Eina dating/route], that appears after the dungeon exploration]

That's why I'd recommend saving the dungeon stats/increases between chapters, so peeps can skip it if they want. Maybe include it in the quest log?

Last edited:

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
Seeing as it will be like Overlord H where the right way to play this is by focusing on one route at a time(At least I did), I don't think I'd enjoy repeating the same grind/dungeon feature multiple times each route to unlock all the CGs. Although I'm actually enjoying doing everything on my first route, I don't think a couple of people and I would enjoy doing it every single time for all routes.

I haven't been playing this for too long yet so I can't recommend something to address that atm, but I just wanted to point out something which many players would find frustrating.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Have to agree with that one guy complaining about the dungeon crawler aspect, especially because of the routes/gallery unlocks. The game basically makes you replay it -- unless you know what choices to unlock the gallery -- but due to the dungeon/grind aspect, it becomes really annoying not being able to skip it.
Ex. The game starts you off two choices before actually going into the dungeon, of which they can lock you out of certain routes. This forces you to look at a walkthrough[paid], or restart and play again, wasting the time you might have spent grinding stats.
[ I believe the 1st choice [Eina teasing] locks you out of another choice [Eina dating/route], that appears after the dungeon exploration]

That's why I'd recommend saving the dungeon stats/increases between chapters, so peeps can skip it if they want. Maybe include it in the quest log?
Seeing as it will be like Overlord H where the right way to play this is by focusing on one route at a time(At least I did), I don't think I'd enjoy repeating the same grind/dungeon feature multiple times each route to unlock all the CGs. Although I'm actually enjoying doing everything on my first route, I don't think a couple of people and I would enjoy doing it every single time for all routes.

I haven't been playing this for too long yet so I can't recommend something to address that atm, but I just wanted to point out something which many players would find frustrating.
Story mode will be introduced on R11.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Anyways story mode aside, you guys have the wrong idea of what "Grinding" is.
I thought I should point it out for anyone reading who has not played the game yet, but having gameplay elements ≠ grinding.

If I put a quest that said "Kill 100 monsters", this would be grinding, but I designed such quests around the idea of gaining those monster kills by the time you reach the floor you were meant to go to.
If I made everyone go through the first floor to reach all the way to the tenth to be more accurate to the source material, this would be grinding.
If I made item gathering quests with the current drop rates, that would be annoying grinding, instead I just count the monster kills instead.

I could continue on and on, but even when you are meant to get E Rank ability you have the possibility to train narrative-wise instead, without the requirement to go to the dungeon.
You can call it grindy, but it really is not. It is just a game, rather than a pure visual novel.

That being said, I have been recently made aware of some issues related to magic scaling and even Hestia's knife which make the Floor 10 and on more difficult than it should be. I have already fixed most of those issues for R11, alongside an option to have a maximum of 4 monsters spawn at anytime in Normal Difficulty.
Thinking about it, battles with multiple mobs can be classified as grindy, but even then you have the option to easily avoid or escape them, so it is avoidable grind :p

If you do not like the game part or find the current experience too difficult because of those balance bugs, try again on R11.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Thinking about it, battles with multiple mobs can be classified as grindy, but even then you have the option to easily avoid or escape them, so it is avoidable grind :p
Kefka: Run, run, or you'll be well done!
Sadly I don't flee that often so my agility is low...

Reducing the mob size sounds nice.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Kefka: Run, run, or you'll be well done!
Sadly I don't flee that often so my agility is low...

Reducing the mob size sounds nice.
You can still use smokeballs to escape.
Although the escaping formula is something I should rework. Currently the formula takes into account the possibility Bell will get a bigger party in future, but even then... It does not make much sense, that's something I have not yet addressed but by the time R11 releases, I would like to fix that as well. It is especially severe if there are big groups like 8 monsters.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
I thought I should point it out for anyone reading who has not played the game yet, but having gameplay elements ≠ grinding.
The grinding I was talking about is the stats bit; some peeps may test/grind for stats at the start, so it's easier as they progress.
That's what I had tried doing, but the 1st round of exploration nets you 300-ish no matter what, while the couple others (till Lilly) doesn't really give much. -- Because the mobs are weak till then.
Running away from mobs seem to give the best Agi increases, but you want to collect the monster stones for cash -- mainly for restoratives, because resting doesn't heal much HP; though expenses is another reason, especially if you get KOed.

Edit: Similar to how some games have a level/exp mechanic. It's not much of one, but some people don't know that, especially when they just started the game; similar to how they wouldn't know about the choices/routes, unless they actually read comments/etc.
Edit2: And this is just my opinion, but:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeruelll

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
I'm pretty sure I know what "Grinding" is.

"Grinding(video games) - is the act of performing repetitive tasks to achieve a desired outcome."

I'm not talking about 1 route since yeah of course it's called "actually playing the game" and yes I'd definitely won't mind gameplay, but what I'm referring to it being grindy is the game as a whole. What if my desired outcome would be to unlock every CG. Since you've said we only get to pick one character at a time, that means I'll only focus on 1 route at a time, which means I'll surely miss a couple of CGs that isn't part of that route. Well, how many routes will be there? Since Overlord H had a route for every character, Legacy of Hestia may be the same. Let's say I finished Hestia's route, and wanna do Ais' route. Since your choices early on determine which route you'll be on, I need to start at the beginning or at least near there just to get to the point where Ais' route starts and continue from there. I need to run through the dungeon again, kill mobs again, do the same things I've done on Hestia's route all over again but this time while pursuing Ais. That's also called grinding or am I wrong? I mean, those gameplay elements are the repetitive tasks I need to "grind" to get my desired outcome of unlocking all CGs. Things would be very different if there was only 1 route and there won't even be a grind since you only need to do it once but this game is not that.

Yeah having gameplay elements ≠ grinding, but when you're making a game which encourages multiple playthroughs and having those gameplay elements at the same time would lead it to being grindy. Overlord H didn't have those gameplay elements so switching and playing different routes wasn't a grind. Just choose the correct choices and skip through until you get to the content which is unique to that route.

All that said, I think Yamemai and I explained our points clearly. At the end of the day it's your game and you could just ignore what everything we've said. I guess "Story Mode" when it arrives in R11 would be the go-to mode to play this after the first playthrough on the first route.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
You can still use smokeballs to escape.
Although the escaping formula is something I should rework. Currently the formula takes into account the possibility Bell will get a bigger party in future, but even then... It does not make much sense, that's something I have not yet addressed but by the time R11 releases, I would like to fix that as well. It is especially severe if there are big groups like 8 monsters.
Yeah I could run but generally don't. Same with unusually tough enemies as I'll still try to beat them like in The Alliance Alive when I ground for a few hours to save the little sister and I was happy the devs let me do it even if it did make it a rather short game :LOL: Instead of smoke bombs I used explosive bombs witch changes the dynamic of Ais "saving" me from Orcs... Oh the Land of Carnage :whistle: It's sometimes really fun to see what messed up things a dev will anticipate and reward the player for doing.

Then again I remember old school when every 5 steps was a random enemy attack as I crawled across the screen. Ah the good old days when people could be frustrated for weeks on a puzzle as there wasn't a world wide web of big brothers & sisters to help with the hard parts. Now if there aren't neon signs telling people to put the square peg in the square hole some get nervous...

Party dynamics will be challenging as every member needs to be useful. In RPGs I tend to look for Stat Boosting Seeds or Candy and force feed the team until they make the Hulk look puny :coffee:

Good luck balancing the different gameplay elements (y)

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I'm pretty sure I know what "Grinding" is.

"Grinding(video games) - is the act of performing repetitive tasks to achieve a desired outcome."

I'm not talking about 1 route since yeah of course it's called "actually playing the game" and yes I'd definitely won't mind gameplay, but what I'm referring to it being grindy is the game as a whole. What if my desired outcome would be to unlock every CG. Since you've said we only get to pick one character at a time, that means I'll only focus on 1 route at a time, which means I'll surely miss a couple of CGs that isn't part of that route.
You cannot really call grindy a game only because you need to replay it in order to explore all of its content.
The great majority of the games require a replay or two to unlock/see all of the content... Even a Visual Novel will need you to perform the repetitive task of holding CTRL to skip all of the seen text in order to make a different choice.
By taking such a factor in account, that definition would mean that any game aside from kinetic novels is grindy, which is exaggerated.

I need to start at the beginning or at least near there just to get to the point where Ais' route starts and continue from there. I need to run through the dungeon again, kill mobs again, do the same things I've done on Hestia's route all over again but this time while pursuing Ais. That's also called grinding or am I wrong? I mean, those gameplay elements are the repetitive tasks I need to "grind" to get my desired outcome of unlocking all CGs. Things would be very different if there was only 1 route and there won't even be a grind since you only need to do it once but this game is not that.
It probably feels heavier in this stage of development because you can get to the end of the content for a specific route in a couple of hours or so, give or take.
However once the game is completed, completing a single route will require playing for much longer, and that means starting over because you want to make different choices will feel less repetitive because more time has passed inbetween.

Given the settings to make both combat and exploration faster, and the points I mentioned in my previous post, it'll be slower than holding ctrl only because you need to walk in the dungeons... But those are fairly small, and taking different turns or even trying specific things will unlock new material, so they are still worth going over a few times.

I am sure a few players missed the rest points and the whole banter system scattered in a few floors, some will never enter Liliruca's route and won't have love events scattered in the floors, some will miss the Nekoya's door on floor 11 unless they are made aware of it, and once I include secrets/puzzles to get artifacts, replaying the dungeon will be the only way to truly getting "everything". This means going through the dungeon is worth it on replays, even if it slower than holding CTRL in a Visual Novel.

The grinding I was talking about is the stats bit; some peeps may test/grind for stats at the start, so it's easier as they progress.
Stats were actually the reason why I have been asked to include a harder mode, because it was too easy to get maximum.
Now I can use the extra difficulty to include what fits my vision of the game while using the normal mode to include what the majority wants... Which also makes sense for those who have played more than once.

Currently the balance of the endurance is broken because I balanced it around the source material saying that Bell should gain 40 endurance for a goblin's slap, not my smartest decision :p
As much as I want to stick close to the source material, balancing a game around that is not always possible, so increasing endurance right now is really easy until I fix the formula.

That's what I had tried doing, but the 1st round of exploration nets you 300-ish no matter what, while the couple others (till Lilly) doesn't really give much. -- Because the mobs are weak till then.
Running away from mobs seem to give the best Agi increases, but you want to collect the monster stones for cash -- mainly for restoratives, because resting doesn't heal much HP; though expenses is another reason, especially if you get KOed.
The way you gain stats doesn't work like that actually, although I wish it did.

My biggest regret is having an integer as level for monsters, it may seem so at first even if you have read and watched the anime multiple times, but in reality monsters (and probably adventurers too?) should have a not integer level, allowing for goblins in the first floor to be "level 1" and goblins on the ninth floor to be "level 1.5" or something like that, since the excelia you gain is tied to the average challenge level (which is always 1, until you reach floor 11).

That being said, it still works just fine since Bell counts as a level 1, and the formula also keeps that into account.

In short, as long as you are level 1, the first 12 floors will always give you the same quality of excelia, and agility can also be increased by just walking around and playing Demeter's minigame as well.

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
My biggest regret is having an integer as level for monsters, it may seem so at first even if you have read and watched the anime multiple times, but in reality monsters (and probably adventurers too?) should have a not integer level, allowing for goblins in the first floor to be "level 1" and goblins on the ninth floor to be "level 1.5" or something like that, since the excelia you gain is tied to the average challenge level (which is always 1, until you reach floor 11).
Yeah there is a difference between an imagined MMO stats and an actual one. You'll get it balanced someday :)

Reactions: AlexaSky

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
It probably feels heavier in this stage of development because you can get to the end of the content for a specific route in a couple of hours or so, give or take.
However once the game is completed, completing a single route will require playing for much longer, and that means starting over because you want to make different choices will feel less repetitive because more time has passed inbetween.

Given the settings to make both combat and exploration faster, and the points I mentioned in my previous post, it'll be slower than holding ctrl only because you need to walk in the dungeons... But those are fairly small, and taking different turns or even trying specific things will unlock new material, so they are still worth going over a few times.

I am sure a few players missed the rest points and the whole banter system scattered in a few floors, some will never enter Liliruca's route and won't have love events scattered in the floors, some will miss the Nekoya's door on floor 11 unless they are made aware of it, and once I include secrets/puzzles to get artifacts, replaying the dungeon will be the only way to truly getting "everything". This means going through the dungeon is worth it on replays, even if it slower than holding CTRL in a Visual Novel.
I guess everything will be fixed/addressed with time and more updates, specially after you manage to balance everything and all we have to do is wait. That said, will the story the same with source material? Or will it still stay the same, but also add unique and/or alternate events that never happened in the LN? I like the latter since I'm actually very familiar with the source and have read until the latest novel. I would welcome alternatives to the events that happened and would make the game more unique and personal-ish since all the bonus events will be from your creativity.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I guess everything will be fixed/addressed with time and more updates, specially after you manage to balance everything and all we have to do is wait. That said, will the story the same with source material? Or will it still stay the same, but also add unique and/or alternate events that never happened in the LN? I like the latter since I'm actually very familiar with the source and have read until the latest novel. I would welcome alternatives to the events that happened and would make the game more unique and personal-ish since all the bonus events will be from your creativity.
Unique and alternate events already do happen, however the main storyline will change during second season to give more focus to the "hero" part and include Artemis as part of the main cast.

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
Can someone tell me how to get CGs 11 and 12? I've done 4 playthroughs (dating Hestia, dating Ais, dating Eina, and not dating anyone) yet I'm somehow missing those two CGs.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Can someone tell me how to get CGs 11 and 12? I've done 4 playthroughs (dating Hestia, dating Ais, dating Eina, and not dating anyone) yet I'm somehow missing those two CGs.
On your first choice pick "Yes... !", Complete Growth Sprout quest, then choose "No, thank you" and complete the quest "Power Dysphoria" to unlock cg 11 and 12.

Reactions: Tenzai

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
On your first choice pick "Yes... !", Complete Growth Sprout quest, then choose "No, thank you" and complete the quest "Power Dysphoria" to unlock cg 11 and 12.
Thanks! Those were the only two I was missing. Can I ask if I'll need to follow this exact route with those two CGs in one playthrough to unlock future CGs? I've already maxed Bell's stats 4 times so I don't want to do it again unless I really need to for future CGs along this path.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Thanks! Those were the only two I was missing. Can I ask if I'll need to follow this exact route with those two CGs in one playthrough to unlock future CGs? I've already maxed Bell's stats 4 times so I don't want to do it again unless I really need to for future CGs along this path.
You'll be able to do it through story mode in that case.

3.60 star(s) 19 Votes