Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Beside the side girls I suppose it doesn't allow you to take the girls on dates at the tavern or in Lili's case cookouts by the campfire since for some reason she's not allowed to be invited into the tavern...
The ones not available are simply not written yet, but planned.
As far as I can remember, only Airmid is missing... She is an actual route but you cannot invite her out to dinner yet.

As for Lili, she doesn't like the Hostess of Fertility.
There would be other bars (such as the one where Welf celebrates his level up) but rather than making a new location and stuff, I just prefer having Lili date take place in the campfire at the dungeon, since that's where she and bell spend most of the time anyways.

I forget does each campfire offer different content or just finding any campfire enough? Besides rations should sell marshmallows, chocolate, and gram crackers or whatever would be lore friendly equivalents :coffee:
Campfire is universal, it calls the same script.
"Ration" is universal, it can hold any food which hardly expires with time, but in lore friendly terms it's always the same kind of food that Syr learnt to make for Bell (Funny Achievement scene for that coming someday...).

You never played the official games have you? Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate has individual routes and at the end it could be canon as nothing special happens between Bell and any of the girls that couldn't be hand waved away as innocent fun. Hopefully in a few more versiosn Liliruca will start working on being my favorite supporter which is better then the official route ended with a date that Hestia cock blocked a few times just to have the story drag on.
Most AAA games have single routes where you are supposed to replay lengthy scenes, such as Dragon Age or Mass Effect.
Of course I'd never compare my tiny hentai game to those titles, I for one loved to replay Mass Effect and do each new thing (However Tali is clearly best waifu).

Still, my point is that in such games I usually choose just one or two women I find interesting, then ignore the rest unless the game is highly replayable. I expected people to do the same when I made this game, especially since it is a parody... Characters are known, and I doubt people all of the women equally... For instance my favourite is Eina.
Although now that I am writing her scenes, I find that Airmid works quite well with Bell.

A new game plus with map support would be nice or get that sugar mama to give me my map fix for a price.
I actually scrapped the idea of a new game plus because I plan to release a sequel to this game soon after it is completed.
At that point DxD will be my main project, but since the save game will be importable and I do not expect people to hold to their saves for a long time, I will have the sequel as a side game where you will be able to import your progress and continue with the story.

So, in a way, the sequel will be the new game + :p

Sometimes you shouldn't take the lore so seriously and have fun with it. With the monster lore and repellent this is way better then what it was but still if the player is on a quest maybe increase the odds of them getting what they need to continue on as it would make them feel good and not rant so much on 5% odds. If I was hunting rabbits seeing more rabbits would make me feel like a good hunter.
5% is not as bad as it sounds.

I know it looks like a really small number, I thought the same when I upped the encounter rate to 15% in the middle floors, but damn... During the testing, that 5% more was too damn much x) Had to lower it back to 10% (which is still fairly high), and handle the way Middle Floors are described differently.

Not to mention that quest has no time limit either, it can be started pretty early in the game and it is a requirement for Cassandra (+ Unlocking some items in the shop) which still needs to appear in the game as of R15.
In a normal playthrough (Without Monster Lure), unless you are really unlucky, you'd finish that side quest by just playing until you save Lili from the Killer Ants.

Though if the girls learned it's either harem or no dick well some could be persuaded :whistle:
That is exactly how I plan to reason some women joining in the mini harem, such as Hestia and Liliruca. Haruhime, given the circumstances, would not complain.
However, when it comes to elves which are a fairly selective race and despite promiscuity (So this is 3 women already) and other characters with a stronger personality such as Airmid, it is either Bell all for themselves or nothing.

Still, a mini harem is a pretty neat secret imho, and the only way to start with one in the sequel.
I have already a pretty solid idea of how I'd like the sequel to be like, so having a Mini Harem will also be OP in gameplay terms.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AlexaSky

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021
As for Lili, she doesn't like the Hostess of Fertility.
There would be other bars (such as the one where Welf celebrates his level up) but rather than making a new location and stuff, I just prefer having Lili date take place in the campfire at the dungeon, since that's where she and bell spend most of the time anyways.
I would just like to treat Lili to crepes which is hard to serve in the dungeon. Well that and the tavern dates are right at the town hub which is super convenient instead of trying to remember where the campfires are. Hey Lili, before we go let's get a bite to eat in a nice clean location. She ate there in the anime so not sure the problem... Was it a manga thing?

Welf is meh for me as I would avoid letting other men join the party if I could :p It seems he's tagging along mostly as it's part of canon and breaking canon is breaking bad even if we're all here to see canon get broken and the girls get laid.

Reactions: vilewe7570

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
That is exactly how I plan to reason some women joining in the mini harem, such as Hestia and Liliruca. Haruhime, given the circumstances, would not complain.
However, when it comes to elves which are a fairly selective race and despite promiscuity (So this is 3 women already) and other characters with a stronger personality such as Airmid, it is either Bell all for themselves or nothing.

Still, a mini harem is a pretty neat secret imho, and the only way to start with one in the sequel.
I have already a pretty solid idea of how I'd like the sequel to be like, so having a Mini Harem will also be OP in gameplay terms.
Yes this could work but I could also see Ais in it because she has no idea about normal feelings and still has not really realized that her feelings for Bell is like leaning towards love. She helps him so much but someone who has no emotions as they learn about love they are easily influenced especially to acts of perversion as they don't have a normal meter to compare to.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Yes this could work but I could also see Ais in it because she has no idea about normal feelings and still has not really realized that her feelings for Bell is like leaning towards love. She helps him so much but someone who has no emotions as they learn about love they are easily influenced especially to acts of perversion as they don't have a normal meter to compare to.
Ais Route will not be featured in this game, but in the sequel.
I haven't thought that far ahead yet.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Yes Winter-Sama gimme Hestia + Haruhime together :sneaky:

Haruhime has a nice motherly attitude ( if you noticed with Wiene ) so perfect for our kids :sneaky: and seeing Hestia jealous is always funny

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021
I feel retarded for not having thought about this before.

Adding to the to-do list!
You wouldn't happen to have a list of which floors campfires are on would you? Until the to-do list is done I'm going through and adding stairs to my maps.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Maps 1-12 updated to include up/down stairs and campfires.
https://f95zone.to/threads/legacy-of-hestia-r12-winterfire.88059/post-7063495

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You wouldn't happen to have a list of which floors campfires are on would you? Until the to-do list is done I'm going through and adding stairs to my maps.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Floor 7 and Floor 9

-edit-
I was also thinking of adding one on Floor 14...

Reactions: AlexaSky
3.60 star(s) 19 Votes