earthunwapped

Oct 5, 2019
Yeah, it's not working for me. Right click seems to work just fine but I can't seem to use any items which I really hope doesn't soft block me.

Also, I saw something about cheats...is that still a thing?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Yeah, it's not working for me. Right click seems to work just fine but I can't seem to use any items which I really hope doesn't soft block me.

Also, I saw something about cheats...is that still a thing?
I guess it depends on which item you are trying to use?
And yes, cheats exist.

Reactions: earthunwapped

earthunwapped

Oct 5, 2019
Thanks for responding fast. I'm trying to do is use an item that stops monsters from gangbanging me everytime I take a step. Everytime I try to click an item, it just does nothing at all, but I can see it's highlighted.

Also, would you kindly point to me at these cheats or are they locked by something.

p.s. I been loving your work ever since I stumbled on Overlord H. Keep up with the amazing work, and I can't wait to see the Ishtar stuff.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Thanks for responding fast. I'm trying to do is use an item that stops monsters from gangbanging me everytime I take a step. Everytime I try to click an item, it just does nothing at all, but I can see it's highlighted.

Also, would you kindly point to me at these cheats or are they locked by something.

p.s. I been loving your work ever since I stumbled on Overlord H. Keep up with the amazing work, and I can't wait to see the Ishtar stuff.
It would help to know which item you are trying to use... Since you mentioned you click on it and does nothing at all, could it be that you are trying to use a spell instead? Your cursor should turn into a wand, and that means you need to target the enemy.

Cheats can be accessed by pressing F1 and typing "var", that'll open the variable screen where you can edit things.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
It would help to know which item you are trying to use... Since you mentioned you click on it and does nothing at all, could it be that you are trying to use a spell instead? Your cursor should turn into a wand, and that means you need to target the enemy.

Cheats can be accessed by pressing F1 and typing "var", that'll open the variable screen where you can edit things.
earthunwapped said in their post it is an item witch reduces monster attack rate (i think it was called repellent).
not trying to be a smart-ass or anything, just pointing it out since it was somewhat buried in the reply.

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Ohh, I misunderstood. I thought he meant an item to make the enemies blind and miss their attacks x) If he couldn't get that item to work, it is because its functionalities are not added yet.

If you are talking about the Encounter Rates (Morbul), then you can use that item only when you are inside the dungeon.
Just open your inventory, double click the item, and a dialogue box should appear letting you know the item has been used... Likewise, another dialogue box will appear letting you know when the effects are over.

-edit-
Also, if you have already used a Morbul, you cannot use another until the effects are over. This is to avoid consuming items by mistake.
Dialogue boxes should appear for each event letting you know about this... Do let me know if something is unclear, or some dialogue boxes do not appear where they should.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: vilewe7570

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
-edit-
Also, if you have already used a Morbul, you cannot use another until the effects are over. This is to avoid consuming items by mistake.
Maybe add a little graphic on screen to show it's in effect and a wear effect to show how long before it expires for extra clarity. This would also help if you used both a raise and lower encounter item which one is currently in effect.
man-holding-smelly-bag-waste-male-throwing-stinky-garbage-trash-bin-man-holding-smelly-bag-was...jpg

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Maybe add a little graphic on screen to show it's in effect and a wear effect to show how long before it expires for extra clarity. This would also help if you used both a raise and lower encounter item which one is currently in effect.
View attachment 1896741
I do not know if you can do that, and if you do, I think I had added that one has the priority over the other... I think the Morbul, but I could be wrong.

An UI is among the planned features in my to-do list.

earthunwapped

Oct 5, 2019
Still doesn't seem to work. I'll just have to take the barrage of monsters I guess. Honestly, I'm only trying to see the scenes you can't see in the story mode. After that, I'm gonna archive the game till a bunch of updates come out.

Otherwise, It's a fun game. I feel the exact same way I did when I played Overlord in its early stage ( I haven't played the completed version yet, which I'm going to do after I basically get 100% in the gallery ).

For future stuff, for the dumb ones such as myself, it might be cool to have a 'USE ITEM' button in the inventory, in case my situation happens to anyone else. Also, it would help to have 'CONTROLS' page mixed with the changelog and credits, just to point things.

Other than that, thanks for the help!!!

p.s. Trying to implement cheats but the variable thing won't pop in. Where exactly do I do the input?

Last edited:

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Still doesn't seem to work. I'll just have to take the barrage of monsters I guess. Honestly, I'm only trying to see the scenes you can't see in the story mode. After that, I'm gonna archive the game till a bunch of updates come out.

Otherwise, It's a fun game. I feel the exact same way I did when I played Overlord in its early stage ( I haven't played the completed version yet, which I'm going to do after I basically get 100% in the gallery ).

For future stuff, for the dumb ones such as myself, it might be cool to have a 'USE ITEM' button in the inventory, in case my situation happens to anyone else. Also, it would help to have 'CONTROLS' page mixed with the changelog and credits, just to point things.

p.s. Trying to implement cheats but the variable thing won't pop in. Where exactly do I do the input?
it's a fun game indeed but i really hope it will have a newgame+ or something. with how early some of the paths branche, lack of clarity of who actually has a path (as opposed to sharing-supporting one), it's like legacy of Hestia doesn't have a hestia path...:LOL:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018

I'll note the issue down, and test the game with a Mac Virtual Machine, it could be a Mac only issue.
As far as I know, it works fine with Windows and Linux.

Press F1 to open the console, then type "var" and either press enter or the execute button.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Winterfire uhhh, is there a command I can use to start the growth quest? was playing for an age with no progress, only to load a really old save to find that for some reason it didn't activate... but I don't want to lose my hard mode progression.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Winterfire uhhh, is there a command I can use to start the growth quest? was playing for an age with no progress, only to load a really old save to find that for some reason it didn't activate... but I don't want to lose my hard mode progression.
Can you share the save file so I can find and fix the issue if needed? I'll also fix your save if it turns out to be a bug.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Can you share the save file so I can find and fix the issue if needed? I'll also fix your save if it turns out to be a bug.
Had to convert to zip to upload it.

I managed to get around the issue though by using the nav function and then going to the hestia boob wakeup event. Although no idea if that will break anything else XD

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Had to convert to zip to upload it.

I managed to get around the issue though by using the nav function and then going to the hestia boob wakeup event. Although no idea if that will break anything else XD
By doing that you got the quest? Do you remember what you did or what happened when the game failed to give you the quest?

3.60 star(s) 19 Votes