vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
now it seems that once again there is no right answer.
Well a new game+ would wipe relationships, keep inventory/stats, and put you back right after the tutorial. Either keeping the difficulty of the last run or an option to change it.

A clear game flag in a save would mark it as ready to be carried over to the sequel. A flag that should be removed for new game+ until they reach a point when it makes sense.

something i'll never know at this rate. i think i'll play this game 1-2 routes (1 hard playthrough and maybe a normal or light one). and hestia isn't in my top 3 hence effectively no path.
For main girls there is VN, story mode. Don't worry about the dungeon and blitz through. Don't know if there are any scenes with her that are exclusive to normal or hard play.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Well a new game+ would wipe relationships, keep inventory/stats, and put you back right after the tutorial. Either keeping the difficulty of the last run or an option to change it.

A clear game flag in a save would mark it as ready to be carried over to the sequel. A flag that should be removed for new game+ until they reach a point when it makes sense.
Problem with that is that it would be redundant as in the sequel you will have the option to start a new game with one of the main routes (Hestia, Eina, and so on), only those marked with a * are the ones that can be only imported.
I'd assume harem would be one of the most popular ones as that'd mean more units at the beginning of the sequel (Which will have a Final Fantasy Tactics style of gameplay).

Also, that would mean that you could go over level 3 which would effectively break the game.
There will be a proper new game + in the sequel though, but that's only because I am positive that the sequel will be the last one which will cover the rest of the source material.

Ideally, Danmachi will also reach its ending by the time I am done with the sequel, otherwise I'll add my own custom ending as I did with Overlord H... Funnily enough, I had aleady written it for this game, but guess It'll still be a while before I can use it :p

For main girls there is VN, story mode. Don't worry about the dungeon and blitz through. Don't know if there are any scenes with her that are exclusive to normal or hard play.
Normal and Hard are the same, no content is locked there. That would be mean.
The hard mode is only meant for those who love grinding and want a slight challenge, they also get a +50 bonus each level up and a couple of other minor thingies.

The only Hestia CG locked behind Normal and Hard is the one where you can invite her to dinner (it's SFW).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: vilewe7570

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Nah, new game+ is for people that want to replay and be overpowered :p Besides if you decided to be faithful to one girl and grind for hours then it would be the only way to hop to another girl or try the brothel route while staying out of VN mode.

But Hestia is a route, just one that can easily be missed if you don't know which girls are on the table and held off to see the rest. A good reason to have an intro common route before branching off to different girls.
pretty much. i don't necessarily need to be overpowered per say but some speed up mechanics are a necessity. the paths seem to branch out incredibly early so save states are rather inadequate for this and i'm pretty sure it was stated that switching routes/dual route plays are not an option.
now that i know what actually exists i'll hope for a more stable version and just play one or 2 (haven't decided witch). i'm still surprised that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
or Ais Wallenstein (bells actual interest?) aren't routes

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
pretty much. i don't necessarily need to be overpowered per say but some speed up mechanics are a necessity. the paths seem to branch out incredibly early so save states are rather inadequate for this and i'm pretty sure it was stated that switching routes/dual route plays are not an option.
now that i know what actually exists i'll hope for a more stable version and just play one or 2 (haven't decided witch). i'm still surprised that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
or Ais Wallenstein (bells actual interest?) aren't routes
Because they will be featured in the Sequel.
Ryuu was planned for this one (her sprite is still visible on the title screen), but someone pointed out on discord that she gets closer to Bell and it would make for a good confession scene only later on in the series... So while there is some romance going on in this game, a proper route will be added in the sequel.

Same goes for the other names you have mentioned.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Problem with that is that it would be redundant as in the sequel you will have the option to start a new game with one of the main routes (Hestia, Eina, and so on), only those marked with a * are the ones that can be only imported.
I'd assume harem would be one of the most popular ones as that'd mean more units at the beginning of the sequel (Which will have a Final Fantasy Tactics style of gameplay).

Also, that would mean that you could go over level 3 which would effectively break the game.
There will be a proper new game + in the sequel though, but that's only because I am positive that the sequel will be the last one which will cover the rest of the source material.
so i shouldn't bother with this? if experiencing more then one route is redundant in the eyes of the developer what does it say about the game/story. fair enough i guess.

Because they will be featured in the Sequel.
Ryuu was planned for this one (her sprite is still visible on the title screen), but someone pointed out on discord that she gets closer to Bell and it would make for a good confession scene only later on in the series... So while there is some romance going on in this game, a proper route will be added in the sequel.

Same goes for the other names you have mentioned.
on more serious note that may be an indicator that the route content could be placed somewhere on original post or a txt file near the executable or whatnot.
the fact that the sequel will have high advantage for going one particular predetermined harem route witch leaves a bad taste in my mouth (as anything dealing with danmachi Ishtar does to an extent) and custom harems (if i can have a relationship with Liliruca + Hestia in that route why not just them <story writing i know this is a hypothetical>) kind of a good indicator for me to skip at least the sequel .

edit to answer post written while writing a reply

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
so i soul't bother with this? if experiencing more then one route is redundant in the eyes of the developer what does it say about the game/story. fair enough i guess.
The new game+ would be redundant, not the routes...

The sequel is planned 1-2 months after this game has ended, so basically "Next release" after the last.

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
Wouldn't starting a new game in the sequel even if choosing the previous LI still give you inferior stats then what importing a previous save would offer? Seen that in dot Hack trilogy as an option but it was so unpersonalized it wasn't worth it. There is some attachment to the grind which makes some games fun even if the hardship sucked it's the journey you can remember because it was your journey.

There are two paths to deal with that. 1 You're a good developer and add little perks for breaking points like Chrono Trigger when if you do things much earlier you get bonuses or 2 you just go the lazy route and don't think about it that hard.

Ideally, Danmachi will also reach its ending by the time I am done with the sequel, otherwise I'll add my own custom ending as I did with Overlord H... Funnily enough, I had aleady written it for this game, but guess It'll still be a while before I can use it :p
Either way it's your parody so I would like to see your ending(s) :D

Normal and Hard are the same, no content is locked there. That would be mean.
The hard mode is only meant for those who love grinding and want a slight challenge, they also get a +50 bonus each level up and a couple of other minor thingies.
You're a kind soul. I've seen games put people in diapers and chicken suits for easy mode :p

The only Hestia CG locked behind Normal and Hard is the one where you can invite her to dinner (it's SFW).
And thus a reason to have new game+, dinner is served :ROFLMAO:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Wouldn't starting a new game in the sequel even if choosing the previous LI still give you inferior stats then what importing a previous save would offer?
Depends on the player, I never managed to get more than 900 on a stat, and that was on normal.
In my case, starting a new game on the sequel would give me more stats since the default Bell would be stronger than me.
I think most casual players (or VN-only players) will find the default Bell stronger or about as strong.

Aside from the stats and experiencing the sex scenes and custom stuff in this game, you will import the choices you have made (Default would be the blue ones, which are the typical Bell's responses).

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
The new game+ would be redundant, not the routes...

The sequel is planned 1-2 months after this game has ended, so basically "Next release" after the last.
what i'm saying is that the new game+ or something similar would be necessary to play more routes. so are routes and new game+ redundant or not. irrelevant as i probably won't be playing the sequel at the very least

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
what i'm saying is that the new game+ or something similar would be necessary to play more routes. so are routes and new game+ redundant or not. irrelevant as i probably won't be playing the sequel at the very least
In Visual Novel mode you can hold CTRL and skip all the viewed content, and stop only when new content is being played.
A new game+ would be slightly useful only for a couple of routes, but the most time consuming part (navigating the dungeon) would still be there.

The sequel will be similar to this one, but without the Dungeon Crawling and a more "Tactics Advance" style of combat.
They will be single stages, so for the most part it will be a Visual Novel.

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
A new game+ would be slightly useful only for a couple of routes, but the most time consuming part (navigating the dungeon) would still be there.
Slightly useful for completionist, those that like the dungeon mechanics and want to see other routes, people that need an excuse to grind higher stats, or someone who would like to see what would happen if Bell was super op :sneaky:

Reactions: hofom77573

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
In Visual Novel mode you can hold CTRL and skip all the viewed content, and stop only when new content is being played.

The sequel will be similar to this one, but without the Dungeon Crawling and a more "Tactics Advance" style of combat.
They will be single stages, so for the most part it will be a Visual Novel.
navigating the dungeon with maps unlocked and enough coin to buy what you need (repel like item) and quickly dispatch nonrandom encounters wouldn't be that bad (the most annoying part is not necessary the most time consuming)

seeing that non-custom harem is kind of an advantage in the next game and it reminds danmachi Ishtar (the reason i kind of bailed on the anime) is a good reason for me to not be exited about it.

in concept it does sound good (i love tactics games an since Utawarerumono got changed in development there hasn't been many ambitions to combine it with lewd, renryu ascension comes to mind) so i wish all the best.

Reactions: AlexaSky

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
seeing that non-custom harem is kind of an advantage in the next game and it reminds danmachi Ishtar (the reason i kind of bailed on the anime) is a good reason for me to not be exited about it.
There'll be no ishtar though, although I was planning to add a choice initially... But I just couldn't see it work at the end, so at most I could add a what-if scene as an achievement in this game.

The Harem won't be a default choice, and it is semi-secret, so you'd really have to purposely go for it in order to have such an option in the sequel.
It'll be an advantage because you'll get three extra units (Aisha, Samira and Lena) which are quite strong, but if you manage to get that route, your character would be OP anyways... Well, Bell at that point of the story is OP regardless x).

I am curious though... What is Danmachi Isthar? :O Sounds interesting. *googles*

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
There'll be no ishtar though, although I was planning to add a choice initially... But I just couldn't see it work at the end, so at most I could add a what-if scene as an achievement in this game.

The Harem won't be a default choice, and it is semi-secret, so you'd really have to purposely go for it in order to have such an option in the sequel.
It'll be an advantage because you'll get three extra units (Aisha, Samira and Lena) which are quite strong, but if you manage to get that route, your character would be OP anyways... Well, Bell at that point of the story is OP regardless x).

I am curious though... What is Danmachi Isthar? :O Sounds interesting. *googles*
the entire arc is tainted for me so take a wild guess.
all my other points seem to stand and be somewhat repeated in the above post.
as said power to you an good luck.

as of Danmachi Isthar whitch post did i make the typo so i can fix it?

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021
Ishtar_Anime.png
The choice is simple, rush in, expose boobs, ???, Harem :love: Deep down Zeus would be proud :sneaky:

Yet some fans would like to carry over their grind to the next LI conquest despite logical fallacies. Levels, skills, maps, items, money, and previously read dialogue for skipping.
lunk_by_shawncoss_d8yle9c-fullview.jpg

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
View attachment 1924355
The choice is simple, rush in, expose boobs, ???, Harem :love: Deep down Zeus would be proud :sneaky:
The issue with that is that it would not work with what I have planned with Freya later on (in the sequel), plus it would be really complicated to motivate Bell wanting to have anything to do with her after what she has done with Haruhime and Aisha, given his background... Not to mention they have done a good job at writing an unlikeable character x).

It is much less of a headache to write a what-if scenario as an achievement.

Yet some fans would like to carry over their grind to the next LI conquest despite logical fallacies. Levels, skills, maps, items, money, and previously read dialogue for skipping.
View attachment 1924357
Previously read dialogue is carried over on each new game, same goes for achievement related stuff.
The rest is not really thought for a new game +, when the player defeats the minotaur, they will level up without checking if they are level two already.

When a system is not made with future features in mind, it is really hard to backtrack without causing major bugs.
At the end it is simply not worth it as the game will continue on a sequel soon after.
In the sequel you can import your current level, skills, items and money... Not maps though, as that will work differently.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You didn't expect some fans to be with maps and ocd wanting to 100% them did you :cool:
Honestly no :p

In the sequel, the dungeon will work as "stages", so rather than importing the map variables, I can just assume that if the player completed the game, they have surely reached the deepest floors available in this game.
Not sure how to handle some of the artifacts though... One artifact early in the dungeon will enable auto-combat, which would not work in the sequel. Future me will have to worry about that.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AlexaSky

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021
Not sure how to handle some of the artifacts though... One artifact early in the dungeon will enable auto-combat, which would not work in the sequel. Future me will have to worry about that.
Achievement shelf like how Rick from Rick & Morty have time travel literally shelved as a trophy. One of the silly things I miss when I was younger was had you going around digging up lore crap and putting it on display.

Reactions: Winterfire
3.60 star(s) 19 Votes