Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Some features have issues bellow 1080p. Like the combat screen not fitting all the info.
Nice catch! I had forgotten to apply the scaler to the new battle UI.
However, if that happens outside of combat elsewhere, please tell me where exactly so I can give it a look.

On the town screen the Dungeon button doesn't get a noticeable highlight compared to the other buttons.
That is because it is most likely already highlighted, the highlight from the controller is blue there, but even so blue/green will look the same or pretty close.
There is no really helping that, but it shouldn't be a big issue as you still can get an idea of where you are highlighting.

For some reason the bombs have text description when used outside of battle... Seems odd given the magic stone doesn't have any flavor text when selected.
You mean when using them? If so, that is done on purpose.
Some items may look like you can use them, so it displays a message when that's not actually possible.
Everyone knows you cannot use magic stones, because they are just a currency, so no message is displayed.

Coming from R17 it gives a message saying there is nothing to do in R18. Not sure what the 1 Dungeon Event added is.
A new event added on Floor 2, which adds the possibility to unlock autocombat.
Aside from that and the extended intro, there is no other new content (aside from all the changes and fixes).

Navigation arrows and turn buttons seems to be glitching out.
That is a newly added visual effect, someone had suggested it a long time ago and it had been on my todo list for a while.
I might make it toggleable like the custom Cursor from the settings at some point.

Not sure how to toggle the Combat Log with the controller. It would be great if it remembered whether I had it on or off for the next time I go into battle as I would prefer it to stay off.
Oops, I forgot to assign the Combat Log/Auto Battle buttons to the gamepad map. I'll be fixing that as well now.

Sometimes the arrow on the Minimap is facing the wrong direction.
Somebody else reported that issue before, however unless I am told how to replicate the issue, I do not know how to fix it as it never happened to me before.
I am fairly sure it is only a visual issue though, all the logic and gameplay stuff should still work as intended.

Not sure how to access Inventory while navigating the dungeon with controller as some Morbul keeps the monsters away.
With my gamepad, I can do that by doing: Y button/North button, then using the D-Pad to select the item, then using A button/South Button to confirm the selection.
An extra way to be able to tell whose item is selected is having the item name displayed when it is selected.

Don't know if this is causing the lag in the dungeon but there seems to be a menu open up underneath the dungeon interface.
No, everything is unloaded correctly. That is only a ghost left over on black bars, because there was no scaling applied there.
I am more concerned about the movement buttons being cut off... Tried 5:4, 3:4, 3:2, 16:10, 16:9 (Default ones) and the dungeon movement buttons were never cut off like in the screenshot.
What resolution are you using?

While in town it seems Bell keeps a highlighted green for some reason.
Bell is a button, so when selected he gets highlighted.
The blueish tint is because your mouse cursor is hovering over it, the green tint is because your gamepad is selecting it.
If you select something else with the gamepad and move the cursor away, everything should look normal again.

Brother girls deserve 3 hearts but besides going she-hulk they still smash. That joke could be seen in bad taste but they be green
Just like Bell, they are also considered "Buttons", they get tinted in bright green so you can tell they have been selected.
I remembered your previous feedback about the highlight not being visible enough in the past, so I went all in! :p
The hearts are the number of events, 2 each currently. They will indeed have 3 soon.

Minor but when in the novel part the Cancel button toggles the Auto function.
That is on purpose, there are 3 maps: Novel, Battle, Dungeon.
Buttons may cover different functions depending on which mode you are in.

Overall, you had the best experience with the controller so far when compared to all the other feedback I got.
We probably have the same controller x) or one fairly similar.
Hopefully with the fixes I have already made, and the ones I will be making today, that experience can be improved.

Reactions: AlexaSky

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
AlexaSky Also, what do you mean by "Lose Focus"? Do you mean by using another device such as the mouse? (eg. clicking)
If that's the case, you can give the focus back to the gamepad by clicking the element.
For instance: If you open the inventory, and decide to click out of it, you can give the focus back by clicking one of the slots.

-edit-
Also, thought it was weird you couldn't scroll down the floors since i actually tested the whole game with a pad, and it seems like I left out the old way of doing it (selecting the scrollbar (d-pad right), then scroll it with the dpad (up/down)), however, if you try to select an item during battle, it scrolls automatically. That's the new way, so I will implement it there as well. Let me know if i have forgotten anything else, ty.

Last edited:

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021
Nice catch! I had forgotten to apply the scaler to the new battle UI.
However, if that happens outside of combat elsewhere, please tell me where exactly so I can give it a look.
Happens on the Save/Load menu at 720p compared to 1080p. Somewhat minor but I noticed when switching resolution it goes from 60Hz to 59Hz and I'm not sure why since I selected 60Hz
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That is because it is most likely already highlighted, the highlight from the controller is blue there, but even so blue/green will look the same or pretty close.
There is no really helping that, but it shouldn't be a big issue as you still can get an idea of where you are highlighting.
A different highlight color would work as it being constantly highlighted makes that the idle color. How about neon blue for when it's in the controllers view?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You mean when using them? If so, that is done on purpose.
Some items may look like you can use them, so it displays a message when that's not actually possible.
Everyone knows you cannot use magic stones, because they are just a currency, so no message is displayed.
This makes me feel like somewhere in the world I'd be able to use bombs... like the bike in Pokemon, Professor Winterfire "Now is not the time to use that" :p

A new event added on Floor 2, which adds the possibility to unlock autocombat.
Aside from that and the extended intro, there is no other new content (aside from all the changes and fixes).
Thanks!

That is a newly added visual effect, someone had suggested it a long time ago and it had been on my todo list for a while.
I might make it toggleable like the custom Cursor from the settings at some point.
Perhaps if Bell could get drunk or muddled otherwise a setting to toggle it would be appreciated.
2022-09-04_11-19-38.gif

Oops, I forgot to assign the Combat Log/Auto Battle buttons to the gamepad map. I'll be fixing that as well now.
:D

Somebody else reported that issue before, however unless I am told how to replicate the issue, I do not know how to fix it as it never happened to me before.
I am fairly sure it is only a visual issue though, all the logic and gameplay stuff should still work as intended.
I can't do it consistently but it might have something to do with the two camera controls. If I rotate the camera with the Left analog stick and try to regain focus with the Shoulders it sometimes messes up the orientation of the Minimap arrow which I tend to do as the Left analog stick causes the camera to wonder off and the Shoulders allow me to move again. I captured a video of it

With my gamepad, I can do that by doing: Y button/North button, then using the D-Pad to select the item, then using A button/South Button to confirm the selection.
An extra way to be able to tell whose item is selected is having the item name displayed when it is selected.
A gamepad settings menu would tell me which buttons are mapped to what. Until then taking notes.

No, everything is unloaded correctly. That is only a ghost left over on black bars, because there was no scaling applied there.
I am more concerned about the movement buttons being cut off... Tried 5:4, 3:4, 3:2, 16:10, 16:9 (Default ones) and the dungeon movement buttons were never cut off like in the screenshot.
What resolution are you using?
Screen mode: Windowed, Resolution: 1920 x 1080 and 1280 x 720, selecting 60Hz
Windowed is mostly so I can take notes and seeing as my monitor is 1080p. This doesn't seem to change if I try the maximize button.

Bell is a button, so when selected he gets highlighted.
The blueish tint is because your mouse cursor is hovering over it, the green tint is because your gamepad is selecting it.
If you select something else with the gamepad and move the cursor away, everything should look normal again.
Even as I play around with the controller the mouse still has power. Minor details

The hearts are the number of events, 2 each currently. They will indeed have 3 soon.
:love:

That is on purpose, there are 3 maps: Novel, Battle, Dungeon.
Buttons may cover different functions depending on which mode you are in.
Showing which buttons do what would fix that minor confusion on my part.

Overall, you had the best experience with the controller so far when compared to all the other feedback I got.
We probably have the same controller x) or one fairly similar.
Hopefully with the fixes I have already made, and the ones I will be making today, that experience can be improved.
Xbox 360 controller, it's old but it works.

AlexaSky Also, what do you mean by "Lose Focus"? Do you mean by using another device such as the mouse? (eg. clicking)
If that's the case, you can give the focus back to the gamepad by clicking the element.
For instance: If you open the inventory, and decide to click out of it, you can give the focus back by clicking one of the slots.

-edit-
Also, thought it was weird you couldn't scroll down the floors since i actually tested the whole game with a pad, and it seems like I left out the old way of doing it (selecting the scrollbar (d-pad right), then scroll it with the dpad (up/down)), however, if you try to select an item during battle, it scrolls automatically. That's the new way, so I will implement it there as well. Let me know if i have forgotten anything else, ty.
By lose focus I mean switching over to Notepad to write notes, browser to see responses, and back to game play. Windowed mode is good for multitasking and I'm sure several issues would go away if I went Fullscreen. With RPG Maker once I go back to it the controller has power once again but with Legacy of Hestia I don't regain that until I hit something with the mouse.

Subscribestar loses most of it's text when highlighted... Minor but maybe go darker not lighter.
2022-09-04_12-20-46.png

Can't use A button to skip opening warning. Another minor things but so many other games allow it that I kind of got used to it.

Reactions: yummycandy

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Happens on the Save/Load menu at 720p compared to 1080p. Somewhat minor but I noticed when switching resolution it goes from 60Hz to 59Hz and I'm not sure why since I selected 60Hz
Not sure myself, but if it is a bug, then it depends on Unity so I cannot fix that one.

Screen mode: Windowed, Resolution: 1920 x 1080 and 1280 x 720, selecting 60Hz
Windowed is mostly so I can take notes and seeing as my monitor is 1080p. This doesn't seem to change if I try the maximize button.
Oh, windowed. My nemesis ever since I started this project :D.
Unity GUI defaults on truncate, and I thought that was good enough since I never played on windowed, I could have bet that the aspect ratio would have taken care of everything. Guess who was wrong? :p (Me.)

Ever since the first report, I have been converting all the text stuff to overflow, but given that by the time I was made aware of the issue I had made a lot of UI text, I have been missing pieces here and there. Save Screen being one of them, even though I remember I had actually fully converted that one.

I fixed the text ui in the screenshots, but if spot any other cut text, do let me know.

Anyways, some of that stuff (Autofocus, remapping controls, and so on) will be added at a later date.
I realized it's almost a week in September (Already?!), so I need to hurry up and add content for the next release since R18 was an overhaul with little to no content.

I focused on fixing the major issued I have found or that have been reported in order to make R18 playable, so hopefully that'll be enough for now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: AlexaSky

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Is there no harem in this if there isn't this sucks and I'm out
I had to google what is a "Harem", and oh my god. My eyes. I had to rush to the local church and get a blessing to restore the light shining in the path of the righteous.

I do not know why, or how you got here, but this game is about Bible Study.
All characters are virgin, and will stay pure until marriage (which will be added on the 100th update or so), even then I will have to censor the scene to safeguard everyone's purity so that I will not be taking heaven away from them.

You can only have one wife, you would know if you opened the bible, but I know why you are here. I bet you do not even have a bible, because your soul is completely dark. You want everybody else to fall down the same pit of perversion and flames you are in, but I will not let you!
Back off, you wicked devil... You will not have our souls! Jesus is with us!

:pepecross:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Fair enough, you can still follow me should my next project interest you (Harem Kinetic Novel, parody of DxD).
I don't usually play kinetic novels. I prefer to be able to choose if I am interested in a LI or not, if I want certain fetishes or I prefer not to have them... I like harem games, but I don't always like all LIs.

letronix

Dec 23, 2017
vilewe7570 Tenzai Winterfire Most likely now looking, it could be somoene uploaded the post on Kemono Party, which imports all posts from other support-like sites (Patreon, Pixiv FANBOX, etc), and might've done an update spree and updated with the post for the release of R18, still in that very buggy alpha state, so I wouldn't be surprised if that would've been how it got leaked. Just an educated guess on my part.

Reactions: vilewe7570

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I don't usually play kinetic novels. I prefer to be able to choose if I am interested in a LI or not, if I want certain fetishes or I prefer not to have them... I like harem games, but I don't always like all LIs.
Would not be too hard to implement a way to reject a woman, and while it's too hard to say now as I didn't design anything yet, I imagine most interactions will actually be initiated by the player from the hub.
Anyways if you do happen to play that project a day, and would like something to be different, feel free to suggest as I am mostly open to implementing suggested stuff, when possible.

Sinaravias

Oct 4, 2017
I keep freezing whenever I rest at campfire or occasionally when I interact with checkpoints like stairs. Anyone know of this is common or any way I can fix this?

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I keep freezing whenever I rest at campfire or occasionally when I interact with checkpoints like stairs. Anyone know of this is common or any way I can fix this?
From what I saw earlier, it's pretty common on this build.
Seems like it's an alpha build that got leaked, and as such, is very buggy.

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Freezing at the campfire is a bug that will get fixed on the next release, whereas the stairs is not.
What happens at the stairs is an autosave while loading the next level... Not a freeze, but depending on your machine, it may hang for a few seconds.

Reactions: yummycandy

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Freezing at the campfire is a bug that will get fixed on the next release, whereas the stairs is not.
What happens at the stairs is an autosave while loading the next level... Not a freeze, but depending on your machine, it may hang for a few seconds.
So far, the saving bug seems to happen if you try saving "too often".
I do not seem to have the issue anymore, as long as I do not try saving within the same "room".
I could be wrong, but it may be either a distance, or time thing.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
How rare are blue papillos exactly? I've been trying to find them for several hours, but I haven't encountered a single one of them yet.

*edit*: Well, got the first one... Guess I just had to ask about it then... Let's just hope the others don't take this long, or it'll take me weeks :D

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
How rare are blue papillos exactly? I've been trying to find them for several hours, but I haven't encountered a single one of them yet.

*edit*: Well, got the first one... Guess I just had to ask about it then... Let's just hope the others don't take this long, or it'll take me weeks :D
They are rare, but you'll have better odds by using Monster Lure.

3.60 star(s) 19 Votes