Megumeme501

Sep 25, 2021
Don't know if it's been mentioned already but the game really needs a "Skip to latest content on X route" option for story mode players or at the very least a Chapter skip option for storymode

If you lose a save be it deleting it over accidentally overwriting it it's painful to get back to where you were each time even with the ctrl skip ability

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Jimmy Two Times
I would thank you for your review, but... Calling me a thief, really? Or rather, "90% thief" when there's literally a Credits.txt file included with all the builds? :D
The music and ambient used is a mix of Free Music (the famous incompetech.com), Patron exclusives (from Alexander Nakarada) mixed with free music of his, and music/effects purchased from game dev bundles (From HumbleBundle).

When writing reviews you should at the very least pay enough attention to the most obvious things, then you'd notice this game is also a pure VN (Choose Story Mode at the beginning) if you do not like Dungeon Crawling and you can also increase the movement speed (assuming the "frame by frame" was not due to your Computer not being able to run the game properly, which could very well be the case if you had frequent crashes, in that case the settings also contain a way to lower the quality, default is highest quality).

It is a long review, but you never expand on any of your points...
"It is inadequate and poorly designed" - How?
"ungodly amount of recurring problems" - Such as... ?
"Game froze after I cleared dungeon 9 and no matter what i did after that, it stuck at the same place." - Attaching your player.log after the freeze could have had me fixing the issue :p

"this game is a bug ridden heap of mess. It falls short... Well, no, FAILS HORRIBLY at every aspect it tries to grab on to because of the bugs, soft and hard locks through and through. Saves get corrupted randomly, so you play the same parts over and over just to get a game freeze before you reach your former point. I can't begin to tell you how nerve wracking it is to get a sudden CTDs and perma freezes that happens like every 5 minutes or so while exploring or during dialogues. I'm not exaggerating. It happens. So. Friggin. Often. You can’t trust your saves, you can’t trust where to tread on, you can’t decide if you should open that chest in that dungeon or go though a campfire sign, because you don’t know if it is going to freeze again or not..."
I have some active players, aside from the testing I do myself, and if that was the case for everybody I'd know.
You keep mentioning the horde of bugs, but you haven't given me a single example, so even if I wanted to fix one of them, I can't :D
I am going to assume the mini freezes are the auto-save which happens on most key points of the story, which should not be noticeable, but needed if you have any issue with your current save and want to load a previous state.
However, those issues should be rare... If you truly keep crashing randomly, then it is not a bug that can be replicated and fixed, therefore it is an issue with your machine.

"Stay away from it until dev fixes everything i mentioned."
I would love to fix bugs, as I always did whenever someone reported them (Except for the Auto-Battle one which some people have reported above, but I hadn't the chance to dig further in this issue since it works for me, so I'll have to test different scenarios, possibly a new game solo or only with a few companions).
However, as I suggested above, I cannot fix what is not reported as I am unable to mindread people.

The only thing I have gathered from your review is that you get random crashes and that corrupts your saves...
Random crashes suggest that the game ran out of memory and terminated, bug-related crashes would occur only on specific points and would always be replicable (and therefore fixable).
You can overcome the save corruption by loading the first quick save (Latest one), but the game offers better alternatives such as Story Mode (Pure VN) or lowering the quality to at least Medium.
There is one thing that has been suggested but has not been added though, and that is displaying the GPU in the settings... I still need to overhaul that screen to include controls, but one thing you should look out for if you are using a laptop is to make sure the game is running with your main GPU.

Reactions: AhrimanH

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Don't know if it's been mentioned already but the game really needs a "Skip to latest content on X route" option for story mode players or at the very least a Chapter skip option for storymode

If you lose a save be it deleting it over accidentally overwriting it it's painful to get back to where you were each time even with the ctrl skip ability
Yeah sorry about that, someone mentioned to include a warning on whether you want to overwrite/load a save, I still need to include that to avoid players misclicking.

For now, if that ever happens, quickly switch to "Quick load/save" and load the first one which is the latest auto-save made.
Up to 8 are made, so even if you advanced in the story a bit, you should still find it there.

Pyrot

Feb 11, 2019
I would love to fix bugs, as I always did whenever someone reported them (Except for the Auto-Battle one which some people have reported above, but I hadn't the chance to dig further in this issue since it works for me, so I'll have to test different scenarios, possibly a new game solo or only with a few companions).
However, as I suggested above, I cannot fix what is not reported as I am unable to mindread people.
Just started playing this yesterday. If the auto-battle bug is referring to the game getting stuck or freezing during an auto-battle then I've run into it a few times and it seems to only happen if I click the auto-battle after doing something else in a battle. If I click auto battle at the start, I never have it happen. I also noticed during one of the times it happened that after I targeted and killed one of the enemies around the middle, clicking the auto-battle after that would start with attacking the enemy to the right of the one I killed and continue to the right getting stuck once the rightmost enemy is killed. So my guess would be that something is missing in the auto-battle loop to reset the enemy target choice the first enemy once it reaches the last one.

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Just started playing this yesterday. If the auto-battle bug is referring to the game getting stuck or freezing during an auto-battle then I've run into it a few times and it seems to only happen if I click the auto-battle after doing something else in a battle. If I click auto battle at the start, I never have it happen. I also noticed during one of the times it happened that after I targeted and killed one of the enemies around the middle, clicking the auto-battle after that would start with attacking the enemy to the right of the one I killed and continue to the right getting stuck once the rightmost enemy is killed. So my guess would be that something is missing in the auto-battle loop to reset the enemy target choice the first enemy once it reaches the last one.
Thanks! Going to try this and see if I can replicate the issue this time.

Aug 21, 2019
Jimmy Two Times
I would thank you for your review, but... Calling me a thief, really? Or rather, "90% thief" when there's literally a Credits.txt file included with all the builds? :D
The music and ambient used is a mix of Free Music (the famous incompetech.com), Patron exclusives (from Alexander Nakarada) mixed with free music of his, and music/effects purchased from game dev bundles (From HumbleBundle).

When writing reviews you should at the very least pay enough attention to the most obvious things, then you'd notice this game is also a pure VN (Choose Story Mode at the beginning) if you do not like Dungeon Crawling and you can also increase the movement speed (assuming the "frame by frame" was not due to your Computer not being able to run the game properly, which could very well be the case if you had frequent crashes, in that case the settings also contain a way to lower the quality, default is highest quality).

It is a long review, but you never expand on any of your points...
"It is inadequate and poorly designed" - How?
"ungodly amount of recurring problems" - Such as... ?
"Game froze after I cleared dungeon 9 and no matter what i did after that, it stuck at the same place." - Attaching your player.log after the freeze could have had me fixing the issue :p

"this game is a bug ridden heap of mess. It falls short... Well, no, FAILS HORRIBLY at every aspect it tries to grab on to because of the bugs, soft and hard locks through and through. Saves get corrupted randomly, so you play the same parts over and over just to get a game freeze before you reach your former point. I can't begin to tell you how nerve wracking it is to get a sudden CTDs and perma freezes that happens like every 5 minutes or so while exploring or during dialogues. I'm not exaggerating. It happens. So. Friggin. Often. You can’t trust your saves, you can’t trust where to tread on, you can’t decide if you should open that chest in that dungeon or go though a campfire sign, because you don’t know if it is going to freeze again or not..."
I have some active players, aside from the testing I do myself, and if that was the case for everybody I'd know.
You keep mentioning the horde of bugs, but you haven't given me a single example, so even if I wanted to fix one of them, I can't :D
I am going to assume the mini freezes are the auto-save which happens on most key points of the story, which should not be noticeable, but needed if you have any issue with your current save and want to load a previous state.
However, those issues should be rare... If you truly keep crashing randomly, then it is not a bug that can be replicated and fixed, therefore it is an issue with your machine.

The only thing I have gathered from your review is that you get random crashes and that corrupts your saves...
Random crashes suggest that the game ran out of memory and terminated, bug-related crashes would occur only on specific points and would always be replicable (and therefore fixable).
You can overcome the save corruption by loading the first quick save (Latest one), but the game offers better alternatives such as Story Mode (Pure VN) or lowering the quality to at least Medium.
There is one thing that has been suggested but has not been added though, and that is displaying the GPU in the settings... I still need to overhaul that screen to include controls, but one thing you should look out for if you are using a laptop is to make sure the game is running with your main GPU.
Eh, kinda wish you understood what i said the way i meant it. It seems you took offense to some of them. That was definetely wasn’t my wish so I’ll cut what i had in mind at first into smaller bites. I can explain it for you in more detail, but i can’t understand it for you, so take all I’m about to say with a grain of salt.

First thing that i’d like to address that I’m not policing you about morality of the issue of “pilfering”. And most importantly, I didn’t call you 90% theif. I said some media in game kinda felt like it is pilfered from other games, i wasn’t specific to your credit and it’s not a light subject to mention haphazardly. What i mean was the dungeon ambient, definetely could swear it was from some other games. First thing that came to my mind was old fallout games, such as 1,2 and tactics ambient sound. At least some parts of it. Check with the guys you bought it from if you want to go to bottom of this. I don’t have the mentioned games, nor have the drive or care to make a side by side comparrison, but i’m still thinking it has parts of it taken at the very least altered. But like i said i’m not 100% sure, only 90% sure. That doesn’t mean you stole 90% of the media from other games and thus you are a 90% thief. That means I give myself 10% chance to be wrong about that feeling. With that margin, it is a strong claim and maybe a bit ignorant, but you should have taken that as what it essentially is. And i wouldn’t have said that if i wasn’t seriously thinking this is the case but it’s not a subject i care enough to rummage through game credits like a crazed noir detective to prove my point or sanity.

And hey, I wouldn’t have minded that if it was pilfered as long as you did an awesome job with the rest of the game, I doubt crunchyroll, sentai filmworks, muse communication or mvm entertainment gave permission and licence rights for you to make a game using story and characters from DanMachi. And even though you are not selling the game directly, you make profits from it via patreon using their assets as “fan project”. It’s a loophole i love and endear very much. You must be glad they are not owned my nintendo huh? But from their perspective this is straight up scooping something you don’t own or invented. Thus not fair without their share. But I didn’t say anything about that or mentioned it was wrong in the review haven’t I? Because i don’t really care about that much. People do that here and it is largely accepted as a fair practice as well. So that little comment was just that. A comment to share what i thought of the familiarity of the media. I didn’t mean it as an accusation as you rightfully perceived. Hope we are clear on that now.

What I mean by “It is inadequate and poorly designed” was explained why on later like many of your questions later on. I’m not oblivious to the fact that you are still developing this. But i’ll explain it further. For example, combat is unbearably bad. It is bare bone as bare bone can be. Gets old after the second encounter. The combat is just there to be “there” as a gameplay feature. Repetetive, boring and poorly designed. I’m not expecting you to make the next Grimoire but this is what minimum effort and poor design looks like. Spawns are not balanced between levels. The “monsters” you encounter don’t have variety nor strategies attached to them. Only thing that changes are the portraits what will eventualyl repeat itself at later dungeons and same monsters with increased health, dodge attack values whatever their “in game excuses” may be... You even made a mask to quickly skip fights which i used after finding it. It’s like you knew it is not where you want it to be and wanted to give people a way out.

Another example would be exporing dungeons. It is slow and full of freeze hazards. This this is where that “ungodly amount of recurring problems” comes in. I explained it then, i’ll explain it now. You don’t know if a random chest, camp fire icon or story point you are about to walk into will freeze your game, then crash it. You don’t know if clicking “hospital” will freeze your game. You save before doing any of that to avoid any time loses. And sure enough that action will freeze your game and crashes it. You try to load your save and see there is nothing in that save slot anymore. So you load an older save and pray it won’t happen again. But it does, sooner or later and sometimes before you reached your former save lost point. This happened so many times all the experience i remember from the game you poured your heart and time into is largely this. I know it sucks but that’s the truth. From the other reviews i can see many people had problems with bugs like me. So I doubt the problems such freezes, crashes and stuttering issues was unique to my machine only. I play other games just fine with my pc. This game isn’t exactly on par with Star Citizen level to give my machine any trouble. It is just as “stable” yes, but this game shouldn’t deman much now should it? So, accept it or not, it’s not my machine, it’s your game that has problems.

“Attaching your player.log after the freeze could have had me fixing the issue”

Please don’t take this the wrong way, i know you are trying to help despite all this. But I review games to give other players heads up before they invest their time or money on them. My first instinct when I encounter a problem is not to find the dev and send info their way to fix the issue, i’m not working for you to alpha test your game. I’m not aiming to be constructive even. I simply relay what experience i had to other potential players to maybe help them decide if this thing you are developing and asking donations for is worth their time and money. I wasn’t giving you a direct feedback, I would have messaged you direclty if that was my aim. I didn’t review it for you to make the game better, that’s up to you to take what you can from ratings. I adressed your comment now even though you choose to be snide with some of your comments, largely by saying “i would thank you but”, even though I wasn’t expecting thanks from you or anyone to begin with. Anyways, I’d hate to see this evolve into an argument, so i hope i cleared some things up for you. I wish you the best.

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Eh, kinda wish you understood what i said the way i meant it. It seems you took offense to some of them. That was definetely wasn’t my wish so I’ll cut what i had in mind at first into smaller bites. I can explain it for you in more detail, but i can’t understand it for you, so take all I’m about to say with a grain of salt.

First thing that i’d like to address that I’m not policing you about morality of the issue of “pilfering”. And most importantly, I didn’t call you 90% theif. I said some media in game kinda felt like it is pilfered from other games, i wasn’t specific to your credit and it’s not a light subject to mention haphazardly. What i mean was the dungeon ambient, definetely could swear it was from some other games. First thing that came to my mind was old fallout games, such as 1,2 and tactics ambient sound. At least some parts of it. Check with the guys you bought it from if you want to go to bottom of this. I don’t have the mentioned games, nor have the drive or care to make a side by side comparrison, but i’m still thinking it has parts of it taken at the very least altered. But like i said i’m not 100% sure, only 90% sure. That doesn’t mean you stole 90% of the media from other games and thus you are a 90% thief. That means I give myself 10% chance to be wrong about that feeling. With that margin, it is a strong claim and maybe a bit ignorant, but you should have taken that as what it essentially is. And i wouldn’t have said that if i wasn’t seriously thinking this is the case but it’s not a subject i care enough to rummage through game credits like a crazed noir detective to prove my point or sanity.

And hey, I wouldn’t have minded that if it was pilfered as long as you did an awesome job with the rest of the game, I doubt crunchyroll, sentai filmworks, muse communication or mvm entertainment gave permission and licence rights for you to make a game using story and characters from DanMachi. And even though you are not selling the game directly, you make profits from it via patreon using their assets as “fan project”. It’s a loophole i love and endear very much. You must be glad they are not owned my nintendo huh? But from their perspective this is straight up scooping something you don’t own or invented. Thus not fair without their share. But I didn’t say anything about that or mentioned it was wrong in the review haven’t I? Because i don’t really care about that much. People do that here and it is largely accepted as a fair practice as well. So that little comment was just that. A comment to share what i thought of the familiarity of the media. I didn’t mean it as an accusation as you rightfully perceived. Hope we are clear on that now.
Oh yeah, worded it wrong.
Didn't mean "90% thief", but more "You are at a 90% a thief".

Anyway, the whole point is that everything is contained in the credits, except for Asset Store bought assets or Humble Bundles from which I got a lot of music/effects, example:
Will the "Game Character Undead Voice Pack" sound like some undead in a movie/game? Maybe, but that doesn't mean I went and ripped things out.

There is a huge difference between implying negative things at a 90% in a review, and at the very least ask "hey where did you get this from?" if you are too lazy to check the credits or it is not contained there.
I mean if you are putting that much effort in writing a long review, you may as well check things you are not sure about.

As for my fan game and the legality behind it, I never said "I made an original game!" the fact that it is a parody is mentioned here, on Patreon, and eventually once the game is completed, on the credits roll as well just like in my previous game.
You could have very well mentioned you do not like or find nice to make parodies like this, and that would have been fine since it is a fact. What is not true is your implying that I am "Almost surely" going around ripping other games' audio x).

What I mean by “It is inadequate and poorly designed” was explained why on later like many of your questions later on. I’m not oblivious to the fact that you are still developing this. But i’ll explain it further. For example, combat is unbearably bad. It is bare bone as bare bone can be. Gets old after the second encounter. The combat is just there to be “there” as a gameplay feature. Repetetive, boring and poorly designed. I’m not expecting you to make the next Grimoire but this is what minimum effort and poor design looks like. Spawns are not balanced between levels. The “monsters” you encounter don’t have variety nor strategies attached to them. Only thing that changes are the portraits what will eventualyl repeat itself at later dungeons and same monsters with increased health, dodge attack values whatever their “in game excuses” may be... You even made a mask to quickly skip fights which i used after finding it. It’s like you knew it is not where you want it to be and wanted to give people a way out.
Combat is a standard turn based.
It has attack (with different weapons), it has skills, it has magic, it has items and you can escape the encounter.
I do not think it is that much different than the pokemon's battle system, old final fantasy or any standard RPG Maker system, and if I am missing something, you are free to correct me so that I can implement whether I might have missed.

In the past, the combat system was different and when someone also said how the combat is bad and I couldn't understand why, someone said RPGM combat is better because you can spam an attack with the keyboard (back then it was mouse only), after I overhauled the combat system, all the common input (Mouse, Keyboard and Gamepad) is supported.
The only bad thing about it right now is that it is slow, in the past there was a setting to make the HP bar drain faster among other quality of life things, but I still need to add them back.
However, it is mostly a problem in Hard mode... In Normal mode, only so many monsters appear so finishing a battle should be relatively quick even without that setting.

As for the monsters lacking strategy, they are designed as such.
I like my parody games to follow the lore as closely as possible, and in the source monsters are basically mindless.
There are some exceptions (Monsters using magic) but magic for companions/monsters has not been added yet.
However, even when that will be added, the only noticeable effect will be the blue butterly monster healing enemies and escaping when it is alone.

The mask was made to reuse part of the old code...
Back in the previous battle system (the one with mouse only), companions acted on their own, so you only performed your own turn. At the same time, some people were asking for auto battle, so I thought I'd unite the two things.
Other games have auto battle, even AAA ones, I thought it was a good way to add an extra event on the lower floors for new players to discover and use when they need it.
Unfortunately it is currently bugged, so that may be the cause of a good part of your freezes.

Another example would be exporing dungeons. It is slow and full of freeze hazards. This this is where that “ungodly amount of recurring problems” comes in. I explained it then, i’ll explain it now. You don’t know if a random chest, camp fire icon or story point you are about to walk into will freeze your game, then crash it. You don’t know if clicking “hospital” will freeze your game. You save before doing any of that to avoid any time loses. And sure enough that action will freeze your game and crashes it. You try to load your save and see there is nothing in that save slot anymore. So you load an older save and pray it won’t happen again. But it does, sooner or later and sometimes before you reached your former save lost point. This happened so many times all the experience i remember from the game you poured your heart and time into is largely this. I know it sucks but that’s the truth. From the other reviews i can see many people had problems with bugs like me. So I doubt the problems such freezes, crashes and stuttering issues was unique to my machine only. I play other games just fine with my pc. This game isn’t exactly on par with Star Citizen level to give my machine any trouble. It is just as “stable” yes, but this game shouldn’t deman much now should it? So, accept it or not, it’s not my machine, it’s your game that has problems.

“Attaching your player.log after the freeze could have had me fixing the issue”

Please don’t take this the wrong way, i know you are trying to help despite all this. But I review games to give other players heads up before they invest their time or money on them. My first instinct when I encounter a problem is not to find the dev and send info their way to fix the issue, i’m not working for you to alpha test your game. I’m not aiming to be constructive even. I simply relay what experience i had to other potential players to maybe help them decide if this thing you are developing and asking donations for is worth their time and money. I wasn’t giving you a direct feedback, I would have messaged you direclty if that was my aim. I didn’t review it for you to make the game better, that’s up to you to take what you can from ratings. I adressed your comment now even though you choose to be snide with some of your comments, largely by saying “i would thank you but”, even though I wasn’t expecting thanks from you or anyone to begin with. Anyways, I’d hate to see this evolve into an argument, so i hope i cleared some things up for you. I wish you the best.
As I mentioned in my previous point, the Dungeon is designed to be compact, the settings offer an instantaneous movement and the game offers items to exclude encounters, traversing can be as quick or as slow paced as you wish.
If crashes are random (ie you cannot replicate them again) then it is not a bug that can be fixed, but it crashes for some other reason. There have been instances where there was a bugged script due to some mispelling, but once reported, I quickly fixed them.

As for your doubts, I had a few cases of people using their laptop to play which were running the game with their integrated GPU by mistake, even though they were sure they were using their main GPU.
Saying you can run x game doesn't really prove anything... Poorer visual quality doesn't translate to higher performance, I aim to have the least amount of draw calls as possible (In order to have better performance), as such atlases or lightmaps can be 8k or more. A 8k texture is a 8k texture whether it looks nice or not.
Not to mention deeper floors are also completely covered in grass, and have extra light.

That is not to say you need a high end machine to play this, but if you have performance issues, the game does offer a way to edit the quality.
It is fine if you do not want to report the bugs you have found for the sake of not being "an alpha tester", or even attach the log to discover what truly is the issue with the crashes you have experienced, but I really doubt you could define your reviews as helpful to other players if you conveniently exclude essential things such as the fact you can play this game entirely as a standard Visual Novel or that you can edit the settings in order to solve performance issues. Assuming they are performance issues of course, that I'll never know :p

As for being "snide", that is something that happens if you decide to go on full conspiracy mode just to spice up the review.
Responding to reviews is something I do when I believe there are inaccurate or missing information, similarly to you, for other potential players to read.
I do not really want to create an argument either, but you should at least take into consideration for your future reviews to be less "snide" yourself, and at least wonder if all those crashes are truly due to the game (Ie. Tried to play on lower settings, double checked the game is running with my main GPU, etc.), expanding on points can be useful to players even if you are against alpha testing a game. I could go in any game with ultra settings and write how often I crashed in a review too, but if I do not expand on this, it will not help neither the dev or the player reading it as no one will be able why those random crashes occured.

Aug 21, 2019
Oh yeah, worded it wrong.
Didn't mean "90% thief", but more "You are at a 90% a thief".

Anyway, the whole point is that everything is contained in the credits, except for Asset Store bought assets or Humble Bundles from which I got a lot of music/effects, example:
Will the "Game Character Undead Voice Pack" sound like some undead in a movie/game? Maybe, but that doesn't mean I went and ripped things out.

There is a huge difference between implying negative things at a 90% in a review, and at the very least ask "hey where did you get this from?" if you are too lazy to check the credits or it is not contained there.
I mean if you are putting that much effort in writing a long review, you may as well check things you are not sure about.

As for my fan game and the legality behind it, I never said "I made an original game!" the fact that it is a parody is mentioned here, on Patreon, and eventually once the game is completed, on the credits roll as well just like in my previous game.
You could have very well mentioned you do not like or find nice to make parodies like this, and that would have been fine since it is a fact. What is not true is your implying that I am "Almost surely" going around ripping other games' audio x).

Combat is a standard turn based.
It has attack (with different weapons), it has skills, it has magic, it has items and you can escape the encounter.
I do not think it is that much different than the pokemon's battle system, old final fantasy or any standard RPG Maker system, and if I am missing something, you are free to correct me so that I can implement whether I might have missed.

In the past, the combat system was different and when someone also said how the combat is bad and I couldn't understand why, someone said RPGM combat is better because you can spam an attack with the keyboard (back then it was mouse only), after I overhauled the combat system, all the common input (Mouse, Keyboard and Gamepad) is supported.
The only bad thing about it right now is that it is slow, in the past there was a setting to make the HP bar drain faster among other quality of life things, but I still need to add them back.
However, it is mostly a problem in Hard mode... In Normal mode, only so many monsters appear so finishing a battle should be relatively quick even without that setting.

As for the monsters lacking strategy, they are designed as such.
I like my parody games to follow the lore as closely as possible, and in the source monsters are basically mindless.
There are some exceptions (Monsters using magic) but magic for companions/monsters has not been added yet.
However, even when that will be added, the only noticeable effect will be the blue butterly monster healing enemies and escaping when it is alone.

The mask was made to reuse part of the old code...
Back in the previous battle system (the one with mouse only), companions acted on their own, so you only performed your own turn. At the same time, some people were asking for auto battle, so I thought I'd unite the two things.
Other games have auto battle, even AAA ones, I thought it was a good way to add an extra event on the lower floors for new players to discover and use when they need it.
Unfortunately it is currently bugged, so that may be the cause of a good part of your freezes.

As I mentioned in my previous point, the Dungeon is designed to be compact, the settings offer an instantaneous movement and the game offers items to exclude encounters, traversing can be as quick or as slow paced as you wish.
If crashes are random (ie you cannot replicate them again) then it is not a bug that can be fixed, but it crashes for some other reason. There have been instances where there was a bugged script due to some mispelling, but once reported, I quickly fixed them.

As for your doubts, I had a few cases of people using their laptop to play which were running the game with their integrated GPU by mistake, even though they were sure they were using their main GPU.
Saying you can run x game doesn't really prove anything... Poorer visual quality doesn't translate to higher performance, I aim to have the least amount of draw calls as possible (In order to have better performance), as such atlases or lightmaps can be 8k or more. A 8k texture is a 8k texture whether it looks nice or not.
Not to mention deeper floors are also completely covered in grass, and have extra light.

That is not to say you need a high end machine to play this, but if you have performance issues, the game does offer a way to edit the quality.
It is fine if you do not want to report the bugs you have found for the sake of not being "an alpha tester", or even attach the log to discover what truly is the issue with the crashes you have experienced, but I really doubt you could define your reviews as helpful to other players if you conveniently exclude essential things such as the fact you can play this game entirely as a standard Visual Novel or that you can edit the settings in order to solve performance issues. Assuming they are performance issues of course, that I'll never know :p

As for being "snide", that is something that happens if you decide to go on full conspiracy mode just to spice up the review.
Responding to reviews is something I do when I believe there are inaccurate or missing information, similarly to you, for other potential players to read.
I do not really want to create an argument either, but you should at least take into consideration for your future reviews to be less "snide" yourself, and at least wonder if all those crashes are truly due to the game (Ie. Tried to play on lower settings, double checked the game is running with my main GPU, etc.), expanding on points can be useful to players even if you are against alpha testing a game. I could go in any game with ultra settings and write how often I crashed in a review too, but if I do not expand on this, it will not help neither the dev or the player reading it as no one will be able why those random crashes occured.
Worded it wrong? You missed my whole point about that media comment despite me trying my best to open and clear to you again. I tried to tell you that if i were to seriously mind it that much I'd call your whole "fan game" as a ripoff but said the whole thing is a "loophole i love and endear very much". I don't know how something like that passes over someones head, what do i need to say that i don't actually mind it that much? I told you even if it was something stolen like the theme and character looks and rest of the story of this game i would be ok with it if the game was fine. But it's not. It was a just a comment then but it's something bigger now becauese you want it to be. It's ok. You can still think i called you a dirty stinkin theif and dwell on it to your hearts extent. There isn't much to be not sure about with my experience with this game. I wrote it as what it is. You can disagree, find excuses because you got load of em, but you can't tell me how i relay it to others. It's my experience with your "game" if you can call it that. I don't say things just to spice things up, i mean what i say and it's up to reader wheter they agree or not. They can play it and see it themselves if they wanna test my opinion. I didn't want to argue but let me be more blunt then since i'm having a hard time getting through you. My review deosn't have a review button. Your game has. And i reviewed it. It sucks. Because i think you couldn't do it right. It's not performing good. And the rarest of times when it does, it's boring, tiring and pointless. I detailed it why. I wrote what's good and what's bad. You find excuses and telling me how should i review it still. That's not your job and that's not how it works. You don't get to argue with me what is essential for me or not. This is the experience i got from this game. Do your job better and fix the issues i listed if you care what other people think about your game. Fix your bugs instead of stalking people and telling them off. I don't need this shit. I'm not on a laptop, this isn't a load or performance issue. Your "game" is filled with bugs and unplayable. Deal with it.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Worded it wrong? You missed my whole point about that media comment despite me trying my best to open and clear to you again. I tried to tell you that if i were to seriously mind it that much I'd call your whole "fan game" as a ripoff but said the whole thing is a "loophole i love and endear very much". I don't know how something like that passes over someones head, what do i need to say that i don't actually mind it that much? I told you even if it was something stolen like the theme and character looks and rest of the story of this game i would be ok with it if the game was fine. But it's not. It was a just a comment then but it's something bigger now becauese you want it to be. It's ok. You can still think i called you a dirty stinkin theif and dwell on it to your hearts extent. There isn't much to be not sure about with my experience with this game. I wrote it as what it is. You can disagree, find excuses because you got load of em, but you can't tell me how i relay it to others. It's my experience with your "game" if you can call it that. I don't say things just to spice things up, i mean what i say and it's up to reader wheter they agree or not. They can play it and see it themselves if they wanna test my opinion. I didn't want to argue but let me be more blunt then since i'm having a hard time getting through you. My review deosn't have a review button. Your game has. And i reviewed it. It sucks. Because i think you couldn't do it right. It's not performing good. And the rarest of times when it does, it's boring, tiring and pointless. I detailed it why. I wrote what's good and what's bad. You find excuses and telling me how should i review it still. That's not your job and that's not how it works. You don't get to argue with me what is essential for me or not. This is the experience i got from this game. Do your job better and fix the issues i listed if you care what other people think about your game. Fix your bugs instead of stalking people and telling them off. I don't need this shit. I'm not on a laptop, this isn't a load or performance issue. Your "game" is filled with bugs and unplayable. Deal with it.
It is not about whether you mind or not, it is about presuming or even being "almost sure" about something that is totally wrong. I simply corrected you on that point, and commented about the rest.
Also, as I have said before, I comment all the reviews that I believe are not accurate or lack some points, I would have done it regardless of your assumptions. It is not about you, but about players that might want to know why you are having such a bad experience and what is done about it, hence why commenting reviews is an upcoming website feature as it is much simpler and straightforward.

Also, I simply gave you a simple suggestion after you said I was being all "snide", there is no need to take it personal.
If you believe it is a good idea to assume "almost surely" something negative, then be surprised if the dev responds to it when it turns out it is not true, go ahead. No one is going to babysit you, surely not me.

And sure bud, I will fix all the bugs that I will find myself or are reported by others, and try to help those that actually want to play the game and are experiencing issues (Or should I say Alpha testers?!).
Unlike "pilfered" and "snide", I'll spare myself from commenting about the "Stalking people and telling them off." since this is not about the game/review anymore, and I do not want to go off topic more than I have already done now.

Aug 21, 2019
It is not about whether you mind or not, it is about presuming or even being "almost sure" about something that is totally wrong. I simply corrected you on that point, and commented about the rest.
Also, as I have said before, I comment all the reviews that I believe are not accurate or lack some points, I would have done it regardless of your assumptions. It is not about you, but about players that might want to know why you are having such a bad experience and what is done about it, hence why commenting reviews is an upcoming website feature as it is much simpler and straightforward.

Also, I simply gave you a simple suggestion after you said I was being all "snide", there is no need to take it personal.
If you believe it is a good idea to assume "almost surely" something negative, then be surprised if the dev responds to it when it turns out it is not true, go ahead. No one is going to babysit you, surely not me.

And sure bud, I will fix all the bugs that I will find myself or are reported by others, and try to help those that actually want to play the game and are experiencing issues (Or should I say Alpha testers?!).
Unlike "pilfered" and "snide", I'll spare myself from commenting about the "Stalking people and telling them off." since this is not about the game/review anymore, and I do not want to go off topic more than I have already done now.
Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night. With your nose so high up on air and being a petty defensive cry baby i don't think you can redeem this one. I can't wait to see abandoned tag on this one. We'll se who was right or wrong then.

rafsanbinyamin

Aug 21, 2022

Man I love your patience. I do not know how you managed to keep your cool infront of that choosingbegger.Do not worry we love your game and will always support you.

Fake Rabi ~

Oct 22, 2018
this game is good, played the earlier versions, but wishing there's a compressed version of it since the file size is too damn big and i don't want to play every update re-downloading the whole game. but if it's like a patch system like the game Out of Touch, it would be better and easier to download. guess i'm just gonna wait till the end build...

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Happy new year, everyone!

I made a public post on Patreon discussing the future of this game:
with a few Work in Progress previews to break the wall of text :p
Nice! I'm a huge fan of tactics games, so changing up the combat system sounds great to me! :love:
Keep up the good work. (y)

Reactions: Winterfire
3.60 star(s) 19 Votes