MorahYaladim

Jan 19, 2021
If Patreon is not an option, you can also support the game through Subscribestar or by being active on either the game's discord or following this thread, I can always use feedback or other suggestions!

The game versions shift as I release them, they are currently:
Tier 2 (5 dollars): R5
Tier 1 (1 dollar): R4
Public (Free): R3

Once I release R6 for Tier 2, R4 will become public.

Thank you for the Info :) Will do^^

CoupDeGrace

May 8, 2017
No harem is kinda a big let down. And I'm saying it not only because the source material is a borderline echi harem BS, but because of something else entirely. Games on F95 are extremely lacking in terms of actual gameplay aspects (99% of the time anyway). Mechanics are stiff and generic, same copy pasted check systems, some Relationship points bullshit and yare yare. As such, most games are abysmal to replay through and they might provide enough reason to do so if they have actually good writing and 180 the narrative or plot development, but here I can't ever imagine doing 3+ or w/e playthroughs just for some different koikatsu CGs of H-content. Your Overlord game had some good original ideas in terms of its structure, but it still was a +18 patreon game in its core, so when I reached the first "branching path" choice I just alt F4d and stopped wasting my time with its clunky engine.

It doesn't matter if you can't write harem narrative or some convoluted principles are preventing you from doing so, but for the love of God, just allow players to experience MOST of the content in 1 playthrough and make the important choices, locking people from certain paths, at the end of the game. It's really just a simple matter of respecting your player base. And it's a shame really, because I loved the idea of "leveling" in Danmachi's universe and I think it could make for quite a fun gameplay, but making it "just a grind for a single strength playthrough" sounds like such a big waste.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
No harem is kinda a big let down. And I'm saying it not only because the source material is a borderline echi harem BS, but because of something else entirely. Games on F95 are extremely lacking in terms of actual gameplay aspects (99% of the time anyway). Mechanics are stiff and generic, same copy pasted check systems, some Relationship points bullshit and yare yare. As such, most games are abysmal to replay through and they might provide enough reason to do so if they have actually good writing and 180 the narrative or plot development, but here I can't ever imagine doing 3+ or w/e playthroughs just for some different koikatsu CGs of H-content. Your Overlord game had some good original ideas in terms of its structure, but it still was a +18 patreon game in its core, so when I reached the first "branching path" choice I just alt F4d and stopped wasting my time with its clunky engine.

It doesn't matter if you can't write harem narrative or some convoluted principles are preventing you from doing so, but for the love of God, just allow players to experience MOST of the content in 1 playthrough and make the important choices, locking people from certain paths, at the end of the game. It's really just a simple matter of respecting your player base. And it's a shame really, because I loved the idea of "leveling" in Danmachi's universe and I think it could make for quite a fun gameplay, but making it "just a grind for a single strength playthrough" sounds like such a big waste.
A parody game with no meaningful choices is just a worse version of the LN/Anime or whatever the original source is.
A parody game with choices that really do not matter is just a waste of time.
A parody game with harem that happens just because, with characters breaking their personality just to offer you content because you cannot be hassled to play more than once (Despite offering you the tools to easily do that) is just a trainer game with extra (useless) steps.

I am making a Visual Novel with gameplay elements, and it is nothing truly new.
I am aware of the existence of Kinetic Novels, but it is simply not what I am doing here.

That being said, I am experimenting with an idea to add a mini-harem, it will be one of the routes you can go for.
It will not be a big harem composed by all the women of the series because again, this is not a bad take on the trainer game genre, but a game that is trying to be as true as the source material as possible while adding adult content.

Of course at the end of the day I am a mere fan of the series, not even a big dedicated fan, so my understanding of the source material may differ from yours, but I am always happy to accept feedback and ideas.

-Edit-

Also forgot to mention that I actually put effort in testing the game throughly, with no cheats, and as such grinding would slow me down as well.
While grinding is indeed an option, it is not a must. At some point in the game you are required to get E rank in order to access the 7th floor, while you can do that manually, I also offer a way to quickly get the E rank by spending some valis and time-skip.

The dungeons are reasonably sized (and made manually without procedural generation), with a map of the first four floors available right off the start.
All the other things such as monster spawns and so on have been tested throughly in order to not be annoying in the long run, and I even made it so that you can never get a game over.

I have also planned to add a difficulty setting at some point in order to disable the dungeons as a whole and have a pure VN, however if a simple branching path made you alt + f4 off Overlord H, I doubt this will help much x).
However, saying that I do not respect my player base simply because I have decided against meaningless choices or a kinetic novel is a big and erroneous statement.

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Will Demeter be a heroine?
I thought about it ever since I have added the character on R6, I did consider the idea.
If I recall, Demeter Familia is a farming one... I could add a side quest related to that, maybe she could offer Bell a meal to thank him, or something along those lines to grow closer and then go from there.

I will think about it once I add the side quests (guild location).

-edit-

R7 will feature the first hentai scenes with Eina/Hestia after their confession events on R6.

I would also like to add a brothel location in order to have a route with a few of the women from Ishtar Familia (which will ultimately progress once the story reaches that point), with the exception of Aisha which will be introduced differently. That was the mini-harem idea I was talking about, only ideas so far, so nothing fully planned.

After R7, I will start considering adding the guild location/side quests, and maybe write something for Demeter.

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
Do we have to start a new game every time? I tried loading my save but it wouldn't.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Do we have to start a new game every time? I tried loading my save but it wouldn't.
Only saves from R2 or older.
At that point there was no dungeon or any chance for anyone to grind their Bell.

If your save is from R3 or newer (so it has a thumbnail and a description), then it should load.

necrus1

Sep 3, 2020
need help, I do not know what happened, but the r3 version did not work for me and I have not been able to access the gallery 09,10,11,12, can someone pass me a game with them unlocked or pass me the screenshots of the galleries to see them?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
need help, I do not know what happened, but the r3 version did not work for me and I have not been able to access the gallery 09,10,11,12, can someone pass me a game with them unlocked or pass me the screenshots of the galleries to see them?
What does not work? Also, this is R4, not R3.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Are there any adult scenes or is this story PG-13?
Nudity happens since R1, so that couldn't be PG-13 to begin with (not to mention the warning that appears everytime you launch the game).

The first adult scenes (sex) will appear on R7.

Mar 19, 2018
This might be a stupid question, but how to use item while inside dungeon? I kinda skipped the tutorial (I played since R1 and skipped to R4) so it might be in the tutorial and I missed it. I clicked on potion in inventory and nothing happens lol.

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
Only saves from R2 or older.
At that point there was no dungeon or any chance for anyone to grind their Bell.

If your save is from R3 or newer (so it has a thumbnail and a description), then it should load.
I tried loading a save from R3 but got this every time. I just started a new game and quickly went through it again since it doesn't take long.

I probably missed something when reading the text. What's the point of grinding Bell?

Anyways, still loving the game and look forward to more releases (even though R4 was just released publicly, lol.)

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Tenzai - I got the same bug too, just ran through it again.

Winterfire - Game seemed to go alot smoother, this time around, I never really felt in danger while in the dungeon, not that I'm complaining mind you.... :D

Something I noticed, it seems you regain health sporadically while resting? I was down, like 10hp, and rested once, and got into another fight almost immediately and when I started the fight I was still down 5hp, so after that I rest twice, even that can leave some hp missing if you've had a bad fight, though.

Nice mini cliff-hanger for the ending, I liked it, I also enjoyed the mini quest, even though it was a gathering quest. :D

It's always good to get on the good side of the people you buy your healing potions from!

The hints said not a harem, at a guess how many girls are we going to have a chance to be with? (I did see your post above about a potential "mini-harem" which makes me happy.)

All in all a solid update, I am sorry to say that I didn't really feel the need to test the healing potions, maybe in the next update, I'll try to make a point to save and use one.

Oh yeah, does running away actually give you a stat boost? I thought I saw something about running away boosting your agility the last time I played, so I'm trying to make it a point to run away from at least one mob during my dungeon delving.

And what does the dungeon expenses calculate off of? How many times you rested? - Just something that caught my eye as I was exiting the dungeon.

Nice update, keep up the good work.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
This might be a stupid question, but how to use item while inside dungeon? I kinda skipped the tutorial (I played since R1 and skipped to R4) so it might be in the tutorial and I missed it. I clicked on potion in inventory and nothing happens lol.
Double click, right click to open the item's description. Not all items are useable from the inventory, for example rations have been reworked and will be spent through rest points added on floor 4 and 7 on R6.
Potions can also be used during combat on R5.

I tried loading a save from R3 but got this every time. I just started a new game and quickly went through it again since it doesn't take long.

I probably missed something when reading the text. What's the point of grinding Bell?

Anyways, still loving the game and look forward to more releases (even though R4 was just released publicly, lol.)
That can happen rarely when I edit an old script in order to extend it (I remember back then I wanted to extend Ais interaction with Bell), so the save will look at a place outside of bounds and return an error. This should happen rarely and you will often find yourself saving in the hub or inside the dungeon anyways.

Assuming you have grinded your Bell and you have no prior saves to that bugged one, you can DM me your save file and I will fix it for you.

There is no point in grinding Bell if not to make the game easier...
Back when I was a kid, I used to play tons of JRPGs, Pokemon for example: I would like to grind my starter all the way to level 10 at the starting town, then easily go through the other sections of the game :D The concept is pretty much the same.

Another reason to grind your Bell is pick some choices during some scenes, and have the ability to back up what you say with actual power... For example the scene between Aisha and Bell could go very differently if he only was more assertive and powerful (However if you are not interested in Aisha, then it'll be hardly worth it).

Tenzai - I got the same bug too, just ran through it again.

Winterfire - Game seemed to go alot smoother, this time around, I never really felt in danger while in the dungeon, not that I'm complaining mind you.... :D

Something I noticed, it seems you regain health sporadically while resting? I was down, like 10hp, and rested once, and got into another fight almost immediately and when I started the fight I was still down 5hp, so after that I rest twice, even that can leave some hp missing if you've had a bad fight, though.

Nice mini cliff-hanger for the ending, I liked it, I also enjoyed the mini quest, even though it was a gathering quest. :D

It's always good to get on the good side of the people you buy your healing potions from!

The hints said not a harem, at a guess how many girls are we going to have a chance to be with? (I did see your post above about a potential "mini-harem" which makes me happy.)

All in all a solid update, I am sorry to say that I didn't really feel the need to test the healing potions, maybe in the next update, I'll try to make a point to save and use one.

Oh yeah, does running away actually give you a stat boost? I thought I saw something about running away boosting your agility the last time I played, so I'm trying to make it a point to run away from at least one mob during my dungeon delving.

And what does the dungeon expenses calculate off of? How many times you rested? - Just something that caught my eye as I was exiting the dungeon.

Nice update, keep up the good work.
Yeah, I am trying to mimic the original source... It's a little challenging before you get Liaris Freese, and once you get a boost in stats, it'll be a lot easier. Your difficulty should spike up once again on floor 7, lower a lot on floor 8-9, only to go up a lot on floor 10-12.
Of course if you grind a lot, then you might not notice any difficulty spike at all.

Resting is really useful as a newbie, it regenerates some health which can easily be more than 1/4 of your HP when your endurance is really low. When resting, there is double the chance for monsters to attack you.

Once your hp becomes higher than 150, resting is no longer a viable option and instead you should consider using potions or finding rest points to consume your ration and regain full health (also triggers random banter with companions, if any). Rest points start to become available on R6.

The gathering quest actually serves another purpose: By helping the Miach familia like that, you will impress the already kind-of-impressed Cassandra, so by doing those quests for the miach familia, you will gain her affection once she is introduced.
However, just like the source material, she will not join Hestia Familia.

All the women you can pursue are shown in the title screen, currently (as of R6) you can confess to Eina and Hestia, both will have hentai scenes on R7.
On R7 I will also be including a brothel (part of Ishtar Familia), where you can begin a route with Samira and Lena by dumping valis on them, once you reach maximum affection with both of them, and the game gets to the point of the story where Ishtar Familia is done, they will be joining Hestia familia alongside Aisha if you were strong and assertive enough to impress her. This would be the mini-harem, whether I will include more than three is something I only considered but didn't really think it through.

Walking in the dungeon gains you agility (setting the speed movement in the settings will not change the formula, I added that setting because people found the default movement to be too slow).
Just like in the source material, every action gets you some excelia... if you get beat up, your endurance improves, if you walk a lot, your agility improves, and so on.
In future I also plan on adding some mini games like a drinking game or some card game in order to improve your excelia in a different way than dungeoneering.

Dungeon expenses are calculated by tracking how long you have been in the dungeon with a constant value (600 seconds) for the food and other utilities expenses... In the source material, the dungeons are quite big, but they are scaled down a lot in the game for obvious reasons.
So, if you were to spend 10 minutes in the dungeon which is about the time it takes to go from floor 1 to floor 4 without a map (I am bad at directions, dont laugh), you would spend 50 valis for the food or whatever other utility Bell would bring in the dungeon (hygene and such).

To the dungeon expenses are added the costs to upkeep your equipment, if you get hit a lot, you will need to spend more in order to restore the quality of your armor. I tested that with weapon costs as well, but that was too much and pointless since Bell gets the Hestia Knife rather quickly and that does not need maintenance.

Finally the highest cost is 10000 valis (in the upper floors) if you "die" in the dungeon, there are no game over screens, but if you were to pass out in the dungeon, there will be a cost for someone to drag you off the dungeon and heal you up.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
I like the theme updates speed seems doable and all, i will come back in about update R7 or R8 to check it out fully. Considering the pace of updates ect i am hopefull it wont be an forever like wait. :D (i am spoiled by games like Superpowered that got lots of content sorry!)

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I like the theme updates speed seems doable and all, i will come back in about update R7 or R8 to check it out fully. Considering the pace of updates ect i am hopefull it wont be an forever like wait. :D (i am spoiled by games like Superpowered that got lots of content sorry!)
I plan to release R7 at the end of this month, R8 on October.

• Love
Reactions: Stareagle lord

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
That can happen rarely when I edit an old script in order to extend it (I remember back then I wanted to extend Ais interaction with Bell), so the save will look at a place outside of bounds and return an error. This should happen rarely and you will often find yourself saving in the hub or inside the dungeon anyways.

Assuming you have grinded your Bell and you have no prior saves to that bugged one, you can DM me your save file and I will fix it for you.

There is no point in grinding Bell if not to make the game easier...
Back when I was a kid, I used to play tons of JRPGs, Pokemon for example: I would like to grind my starter all the way to level 10 at the starting town, then easily go through the other sections of the game :D The concept is pretty much the same.

Another reason to grind your Bell is pick some choices during some scenes, and have the ability to back up what you say with actual power... For example the scene between Aisha and Bell could go very differently if he only was more assertive and powerful (However if you are not interested in Aisha, then it'll be hardly worth it).

Yeah, I am trying to mimic the original source... It's a little challenging before you get Liaris Freese, and once you get a boost in stats, it'll be a lot easier. Your difficulty should spike up once again on floor 7, lower a lot on floor 8-9, only to go up a lot on floor 10-12.
Of course if you grind a lot, then you might not notice any difficulty spike at all.

Walking in the dungeon gains you agility (setting the speed movement in the settings will not change the formula, I added that setting because people found the default movement to be too slow).
Just like in the source material, every action gets you some excelia... if you get beat up, your endurance improves, if you walk a lot, your agility improves, and so on.
In future I also plan on adding some mini games like a drinking game or some card game in order to improve your excelia in a different way than dungeoneering.
I'm already further in my new game than the save so it's fine.

So, grinding Bell isn't really about leveling him up since that only occurs during story but EV training him. Well, EV training before it became so easy in Shield and Sword.

3.60 star(s) 19 Votes