espguy

Dec 14, 2017
Where do I find the fruit of arcana? I did the thing with the pillars and heard a click but still cant find it.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Where do I find the fruit of arcana? I did the thing with the pillars and heard a click but still cant find it.
In a small chamber south of the third pillar (east), the walkthrough has a map:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
theres no passage south of the eastern orb pillar the passage is north of the western one.
As in you've found it north of the western one? If that's the case, the map in the walkthrough might have been mirrored for some reason. Am I correct to assume you've found it though?

Reactions: AlexaSky

AMereShadow

Feb 12, 2018
Looks like a resolution issue, are you playing in windowed mode? What resolution are you playing in?
yes im in windowed mode, my resolution is 1920 x 1080 @ 60hz. after seeing your message i tried changed it to full screen and it was normal, then i checked all the other ones including windowed again and its normal now unless i maximize the screen while its on windowed mode( not maximised windowed)

Reactions: vilewe7570

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
yes im in windowed mode, my resolution is 1920 x 1080 @ 60hz. after seeing your message i tried changed it to full screen and it was normal, then i checked all the other ones including windowed again and its normal now unless i maximize the screen while its on windowed mode( not maximised windowed)
Hm... In R26 I did some fixes to the Dungeon UI, how it scales in different ratios and that should include your case as well. I'll try it later and see if I can replicate the issue, but then I do not know if that can actually be fixed.

I already know why it happens: The minimap is actually a bunch of tiles instanced in a grid, not a single object. So I assume when playing in windowed modes, some things can offset stuff by 1 pixel here and there... Not noticeable in most of the game, except for that specific case.

espguy

Dec 14, 2017
As in you've found it north of the western one? If that's the case, the map in the walkthrough might have been mirrored for some reason. Am I correct to assume you've found it though?
Yup i found it but it was in a different place from what you said

AMereShadow

Feb 12, 2018
Hm... In R26 I did some fixes to the Dungeon UI, how it scales in different ratios and that should include your case as well. I'll try it later and see if I can replicate the issue, but then I do not know if that can actually be fixed.

I already know why it happens: The minimap is actually a bunch of tiles instanced in a grid, not a single object. So I assume when playing in windowed modes, some things can offset stuff by 1 pixel here and there... Not noticeable in most of the game, except for that specific case.
i see, thankfully its an easy fix. like i said earlier just go fullscreen then you can just swtich to whatever resolution you want (just dont maximize the windowed mode, maximized windowed mode is fine though). or atleast that worked for me

Last edited:
Reactions: Winterfire
3.60 star(s) 19 Votes