tortlll

Jan 4, 2019
Hi there, really like the game so far!
Seems I'm running into an issue on R5 (But also R6 now that I updated to it), where if Bell has a skill (or multiple greater than E, but none actually at "E") prior to the start of the quest being created the quest "Moving Forward" blocks progress.

Here is what I'm seeing:
In the quest page, it shows the quest as "green", but objective is incomplete and I am unable to rest or continue/etc.

Is there a way to get past this?
Thanks, and keep up the good work!

(Sorry in advance for the extreme edge case here)
Some more technical details:
Windows.
Issue originally occurred on R5, persisted when updated to R6.
When attempting to go in from a previous save (Before the creation of this quest, right after killing silverback man) on R6, seems the issue still occurs.
The button to go to the "Dungeon" is highlighted.
The button to "rest" is not (I believe it should be?)

Not sure if there is normally a scene where a characters tells you that you need to get a skill to Rank E, but that does not happen here.

I tried to upload the save file, but it seems .nson is not a supported file type.

Last edited:

R P

Jan 16, 2021
Well of course he had to join some upstart - What did he expect? To join some...

Famous_Famiglia.jpg

:LOL:

What the fuck am I doing with my life...

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Seems I'm running into an issue on R5 (But also R6 now that I updated to it), where if Bell has a skill (or multiple greater than E, but none actually at "E") prior to the start of the quest being created the quest "Moving Forward" blocks progress.

Here is what I'm seeing:
In the quest page, it shows the quest as "green", but objective is incomplete and I am unable to rest or continue/etc.

Windows.
When attempting to go in from a previous save (Before the creation of this quest, right after killing silverback man) on R6, seems the issue still occurs.

Not sure if there is normally a scene where a characters tells you that you need to get a skill to Rank E, but that does not happen here.

I tried to upload the save file, but it seems .nson is not a supported file type.
Hmm... That is weird, I had made sure to test that possibility and it worked fine back when I did. I will give it another look, in the meantime could you send me the save file?

It is located in: C:/Users/<Username>/AppData/LocalLow/Winterfire/Legacy of Hestia/NaninovelData/Saves

Only the NSON file is needed, the other files can be ignored.
The NSON files are numbered the same as the slot you have saved in.
You can upload the NSON somewhere for me to download, or just send it on discord.

In the meantime I will create the same conditions and give it a quick test, thanks for letting me know the issue!

-Edit-

OH WAIT. You said none of them are at E, but greater than E.
Interesting... I did not test such a possibility, going to give it a look now... Save file might be unnecessary after all.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018

Here is what I'm seeing:

Windows.

Ok, I have found the issue: Everything is working as intended except for the fact that I assumed the rest button would be enabled at that point in the game (and in some cases it is), just not always. Basically a stupid logic mistake on my part x).
In restrospective, I should have just attempted to enable it anyways, even if I thought it would already be.

Anyways, no patch is needed for this issue, I will send you a DM on how to fix it in-game.
The quest is considered completed by the way, the objective not being green is a visual glitch that I will fix in future builds.

Sorry for the issue, and thanks for bringing it to my attention!

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021
Hey Winterfire, any plans to add Gamepad configuration to the settings? I tried playing with an Xbox controller which works for the visual novel part however doesn't work for the dungeon exploration part. Clicking up arrow or tapping w repeatedly gets tedious and it would be better to simply hold the analog stick to move up along with LB & RB to turn the camera angle.

Tried loading a previous save and got this error
LoH GodParty Error.png
[System] Exception: Failed to preload 'GodParty' script resources: [-1, 853] is not a valid range.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Hey Winterfire, any plans to add Gamepad configuration to the settings? I tried playing with an Xbox controller which works for the visual novel part however doesn't work for the dungeon exploration part. Clicking up arrow or tapping w repeatedly gets tedious and it would be better to simply hold the analog stick to move up along with LB & RB to turn the camera angle.

Tried loading a previous save and got this error
View attachment 1431186
[System] Exception: Failed to preload 'GodParty' script resources: [-1, 853] is not a valid range.
That can happen sometimes when I edit the script, if it is an important save file, I can restore it (just dm me).

I was of the idea that the gamepad also worked in the dungeon part, hmm... Probably messed up something somewhere x) Yeah, I will have that fixed in R8.
Since you are using the gamepad, how do you find your experience where it worked? Is there something you would change or it works as it is?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AlexaSky

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021
That can happen sometimes when I edit the script, if it is an important save file, I can restore it (just dm me).

I was of the idea that the gamepad also worked in the dungeon part, hmm... Probably messed up something somewhere x) Yeah, I will have that fixed in R8.
Since you are using the gamepad, how do you find your experience where it worked? Is there something you would change or it works as it is?
Gameplay Experience with controller.

Main Menu - Bigger buttons and more defined contrast between idle and highlight would be great. Only New Game, Exit, and the Support Buttons seem to have this distinction though New Game and Exit only go from white to grey. While writing this when the game lost focus the controller stopped working for the Main Menu and there was some quirk between getting it back with the Analog Stick and D-Pad.

In Game, Visual Novel -
History is mapped to RB and is dismissed with B. Given the Dungeon part it would be nice to remap this to RT and have it dismissed with the same button that called it.
LB works as Back. Another feature that isn't used much and could be remapped to LT yet that could just be personal preference.
LT and RT by themselves don't seem to be mapped to anything.
A to advance/confirm works fine.
X handles skipping.
Y seems to act funky as it makes the dialogue box flicker but doesn't go so far as to Hide it.
B seems to engage Auto but only while it's held down or does close when in another menu.
Start makes a Menu flicker but doesn't keep it open long enough to be useful. The options look like Save, Load, Log, Settings, and Title. This also makes the Game Logo flicker on the top left.
The Gamepad has no power in the Save, Load, or Settings Menu except B will close them. Given that B also does Auto the dialogue gets advanced with this.
While switching back and forth to write this the game seems to remember it has a Gamepad attached and didn't have focus issues like in the Main Menu.
Choices seem to work fine using either the Analog Stick or D-Pad to select and A to confirm. Might be an issue with getting focus but I can't remember if I just stared hitting D-Pad first to get around this.

In Game, Dungeon -
Start does bring up the Menu without it flickering. At the beginning it also enabled the icons like Bell's head, backpack, journal, and campfire before the first event treasure chest.
Analog Sticks and D-Pad don't do anything with navigation.
When a dialogue boxes comes up the Visual Novel configuration still applies.

In Game, Town -
Gamepad doesn't select between Dungeon and Pharmacy.
Nor does it handle the shop.
The Pharmacy button seems to have a difference between idle and highlight but the Dungeon button does not.

In Game, Combat -
The Gamepad has no power here except the Start button will bring up the Menu yet this time Save is removed from the list.
Combat in general would likely need to be simplified to be more controller friendly... Like the classic pick command, pick enemy, and it's go time. The standard RPG style gimmick.

Oh, I was using R6 with the patch for this test run. I'll send you my save but if you can't fix it it's nothing special just saves me a few dungeon crawls as I had things mapped out. Tapping w instead of holding it is a slight bit tedious after awhile especially when the wall is way off in the distance...

Just attaching the save folder since trying to start a conversation in F95 has it in a Cloudflare security loop for over an hour now...
C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\LocalLow\Winterfire

Last edited:

$@~

May 16, 2021
This looks fun, worth playing if you're not familiar with the show? (I'll probably watch it at some point anyway)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AlexaSky

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021
This looks fun, worth playing if you're not familiar with the show? (I'll probably watch it at some point anyway)
I find Winterfire's parodies tend to add their own flare which makes them enjoyable so yeah you don't need to see the show to enjoy the game and some things will be different since your choices matter. Having the girls get closer than this could have canonically happened as nothing really happened would beat the official games. In brief give it a try, it's fun :D

Reactions: $@~

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
It might be, but since this is only the 5th release, you may as well just bookmark this page or something and wait until you have watched the show and come back to a much more updated version of the game. I believe this way you would find the whole experience more enjoyable.

Reactions: $@~

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021
Got another bug... It doesn't give an error but it hangs at
LoH The following day.png

First time I lost some data since I forgot to save then found out I can sleep bribe myself to work... You win some you lose some :sneaky:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Got another bug... It doesn't give an error but it hangs at
View attachment 1432239

First time I lost some data since I forgot to save then found out I can sleep bribe myself to work... You win some you lose some :sneaky:

That is not a bug with the save, it is an issue with loading videos... Someone else with Radeon GPU had a similar issue.
Once I get around fixing it, I will dm you an updated build of the game so you can tell me if the problem persists, sorry for the issue!

-edit-
Save itself is fine by the way, no data is lost.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: R P and AlexaSky

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021
That is not a bug with the save, it is an issue with loading videos... Someone else with Radeon GPU had a similar issue.
Once I get around fixing it, I will dm you an updated build of the game so you can tell me if the problem persists, sorry for the issue!

-edit-
Save itself is fine by the way, no data is lost.
Neat though the first time I got to that point it wouldn't let me save so had to do the ranking up again. Hopefully figuring out what's wrong doesn't cause you too much trouble, good luck!

Pawen

Sep 10, 2020
Ok, I have found the issue: Everything is working as intended except for the fact that I assumed the rest button would be enabled at that point in the game (and in some cases it is), just not always. Basically a stupid logic mistake on my part x).
In restrospective, I should have just attempted to enable it anyways, even if I thought it would already be.

Anyways, no patch is needed for this issue, I will send you a DM on how to fix it in-game.
The quest is considered completed by the way, the objective not being green is a visual glitch that I will fix in future builds.

Sorry for the issue, and thanks for bringing it to my attention!
Have the same Issue. No way to Rest and done the dungeon a few times. I do have agility already at E rank. Please advise how to fix this.

Reactions: Doom Marine

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Pawen

1. Defeat the Silverback and reach the HUB where you should be stuck.
2. Press F1 and type "nav" in the console, then press execute:

step1.png

3. Navigate the list and find the script "EinaDate", click it:

step2.png

The rest of the game should work as intended, but do let me know if you find any other issue.

3.60 star(s) 19 Votes