3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Is the 0.7 like a real .7 (70%) or is it a Patreon .7 where it's .00000000000000001 + 6 useless updates?
I've said it before, and I will keep saying it. A version number does not necessarily mean anything. It just indicates that the version with the higher number is newer than the version with a lower number. It does not indicate how much of the finished game is done, and it should never be seen as such. They don't have to go from 0.9 to version 1.0. They could go to version 0.10 and so on. And even if they go to 1.0, that does not mean that it means the game is ready for a full release.
I'd like to know because my net's shitty and I'd rather not download this if it's got no content :/
There's plenty of content in the game. It will keep you occupied for a few hours. Or at least that's been my experience. And that's with using the cheats at the start. But if you don't like reading, then I suggest you don't even bother with this game at all. The majority of play time comes from reading the dialogue, and I think that's also where the majority of the "good stuff" in this game lies. But that's just my opinion.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
A version number used to signify progress in a project being worked on. 0.7 is 70%, they should be more accurate or outright stop lying, that's the norm for Patreon but other projects have more honest version numbers like a .23b being an early beta good enough to release for a preview. Again 0.7 implies 70% completion on a project with 1.0 being an initial full release, further updates being fixes or new additions altogether. You may as well just have a date as your version number unless you're actively trying to be inaccurate and disingenuous but that's Patreon for ya, and people will defend this shitty business model with their lives if they have to while "developers" do nothing for months on end and rack in ridiculous amounts of money. Not that I'm complaining about that, people do with their money what they like, but it takes a special kind of asshole to take advantage of that so openly and willingly. Most furries and tumblrettes don't care though, and that's who you wanna pander to if you wanna be successful, the ardent devout niche.

Anyway, as far as the content goes I got 20 days in and saw what I believe is all of it, besides getting my clothes torn which is kinda convoluted and I'll leave for some other time, I also played with an alternate save file to see the fail states (which there's no consequence for as far as I know, the next day is just a full reset again except for some NPC interactions). There's a lot of fluff and a lot of talk but not much of it is interesting, a few characters are cute and charming but nothing "deep" like you're making it out to be, maybe that'll change. Either way there's no real substance so far but I'm interested in where it'll go because I like Krystal a whole lot and they did an okay job at keeping her accurate, besides the purposeful failures and obedience stuff that is, but that's gotta be in there to have a game which is good.

They really need to work on the audio though. That baby area is fucking INSANE and the volume sliders don't fucking work for half the sounds in the game, the music works just fine but it's up to chance whether or no the SFX/Ambience slider will do anything, and why are they the same slider anyway? Jesus. It's not that bad in most places but the fire sounds are super loud too, wherever there's a fireplace, and the waterfall which you gotta go to daily at least twice unlike the baby area. EHHHH!~

Overall pretty okay so far, I like the art and I liked some of the characters, could do without the tedious stick quest or some way to automate stuff like that, or speed up/skip some things, the dragging of the "Pot" is complete garbage especially the first time. Anyway.... This'll be a nice companion piece for Star Citizen since they'll both see full release in the year of our Lord 21XX.

Ramble ramble ramble~

Ioled

Jun 12, 2018
A version number used to signify progress in a project being worked on. 0.7 is 70%, they should be more accurate or outright stop lying, that's the norm for Patreon but other projects have more honest version numbers like a .23b being an early beta good enough to release for a preview.
Never once seen a project or game where the version number signified the progress until completion.

While this may be the case in some projects or games, saying that its any form of "norm" is just plain missinformation.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Never once seen a project or game where the version number signified the progress until completion.

While this may be the case in some projects or games, saying that its any form of "norm" is just plain missinformation.
That's weird because on Steam, where you're only scammed a portion of the time as opposed to all the time, most games put up 1.0 releases as the goal, slating that as the full release of the game with every version before 1.0 being various portions of the game as they're completed and every version after being added content or bug fixes and DLC. I guess that requires competent direction and some kind of........ purpose, maybe?
Crosscode, Starbound, A Robot Named Fight, Owlboy, Astroneer and some others come to mind off the top of my head and those are just on my Library.
The "norm" for Patreon is arbitrary and deliberate project delay, that's all I know for sure.

Whatever the case, it doesn't matter, game's fine.
Needs work in a few places, mainly audio and some annoyingly long sequencs of watching the character do a thing but it's fine so far.
Really needs a scene skip/speed-up button for a few things..

Ioled

Jun 12, 2018
That's weird because on Steam, where you're only scammed a portion of the time as opposed to all the time, most games put up 1.0 releases as the goal, slating that as the full release of the game with every version before 1.0 being various portions of the game as they're completed and every version after being added content or bug fixes and DLC. I guess that requires competent direction and some kind of........ purpose, maybe?
Crosscode, Starbound, A Robot Named Fight, Owlboy, Astroneer and some others come to mind off the top of my head and those are just on my Library.
The "norm" for Patreon is arbitrary and deliberate project delay, that's all I know for sure.

Whatever the case, it doesn't matter, game's fine.
Needs work in a few places, mainly audio and some annoyingly long sequencs of watching the character do a thing but it's fine so far.
Really needs a scene skip/speed-up button for a few things..
1.0 is indeed generaly considered release, but the numbers before that does not indicate how close a game or project is to completion.

For example a game can go from 0.9 to 0.10. The 0.9 does not mean that its 90% complete, just that its version 0.9.

As a example i give you Factorios version history, they went from 0.9 to 0.10 and are currently at 0.17 and is currently getting close to release. Another example is Astroneer that went to 0.10.05 as the last "alpha"* version before release.

The numbers have no real meaning other then indicating that its a newer version and sometimes to indicate that a version is a minor update rather then a larger one (For example 0.1 going to 0.1.2 rather then 0.2).

*No idea why they went from alpha to release and skipped the common beta lable.

Reactions: 156_163_146_167

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
A version number used to signify progress in a project being worked on. 0.7 is 70%, they should be more accurate or outright stop lying
What do you base that on? I can't see that version numbering system working with agile development methods.
Again 0.7 implies 70% completion on a project with 1.0 being an initial full release
No, it doesn't. That's what you make of it. 1.0 is considered the final version in most cases, but all the numbers that came before that mean little.
You may as well just have a date as your version number unless you're actively trying to be inaccurate and disingenuous but that's Patreon for ya, and people will defend this shitty business model with their lives if they have to while "developers" do nothing for months on end and rack in ridiculous amounts of money.
I get the impression that this is about more than just the version number for you. And if you want accuracy, go check on their Trello board. I haven't seen another Patreon project that's that transparent about
Anyway, as far as the content goes I got 20 days in and saw what I believe is all of it, besides getting my clothes torn which is kinda convoluted and I'll leave for some other time, I also played with an alternate save file to see the fail states (which there's no consequence for as far as I know
The game should tell you when you've reached the end of a character "arc." If it's not telling, try to get more. And if you're referring to failing the tasks when you say fail states, then you've missed a lot of the interesting stuff. One whole arc requires you to fail a task, basically.
This'll be a nice companion piece for Star Citizen since they'll both see full release in the year of our Lord 21XX.
You jest, but I'm seeing more progress in this game than some other awful Patreon milking projects.

most games put up 1.0 releases as the goal, slating that as the full release of the game with every version before 1.0 being various portions of the game as they're completed and every version after being added content or bug fixes and DLC.
And what makes you think that's not the case for this project? It's just that you have the wrong idea about <1.0 versions. And I still have no clue where you got that idea from.

With your idea of version numbers, suppose you're at version 0.9, and you want to add something that fans want. What do you do then? Do you release the game anyway without that feature? And what if you're in the middle of development, and something that you thought was feasible turns out to not be possible in an acceptable amount of time. You decide to scrap a feature. Now your version number again does not represent how much of the total game is done.

If you want to have your version number represent the amount of work done relative to the completed product, you would need to have everything planned out from the start with zero possibility of changing, adding, or removing anything. That is generally a bad way of going about developing a product, because nothing's set in stone. Things will go more smoothly or bumpier than you would have thought at the beginning. The only situation where your version numbering system has a chance of working is for projects that are small, or have little in the way of dependencies.

Reactions: Back

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
It comes down to the devs individually but the "norm" is still a 1.0 being a full release and .7 for me implied good progress given that the kind of games I follow and play having used this notation, with .52a being a thing at times because of hitches or delays, yes, because that's absolutely inevitable. There's no labels saying "oh it's super duper early beta with only 15 days worth of content" it just says 0.7 though.

I also understand some devs notate releases with more than one decimal number so .52a like I noted earlier was a thing, that they don't or can't do that just reflects a lack of proper planning, goals or direction. These other games I mentioned knew what they were, what they wanted to do, and set out to do it with some kind of a timeline to lead the way, they had proper landmark updates and minor updates for bug fixes here and there (notated .52a or something along those lines, being on top of Update 0.5 which was a landmark update with a big content addition.) They also had Beta or Testing branches in their projects, and they were made in their entirety a small group or a single person.

Patreon projects are messy and unprofessional, I shouldn't be expecting them to have these things planned out so that's on me entirely, but this is basically a glorified VN and it's so fucking easy to plan out a story that it's mind boggling now thinking about it that no one's thought to outline it, you're taught to do that in Elementary School, and to set goals as well.

At the end of the day this little discussion just boils down to me expecting more than I should from a Patreon-fed project and I'm really sorry about that, I shouldn't do that anymore.

"Minimum effort, maximum profits"™ --Patreon

Bit late on that, or you quoted the wrong post. Don't care either way.

Mr.Waffle

Jul 23, 2018
Most developers us anything below one (0.xx) to indicate a minor update and x.0 as a major update.
It depends on the developer on what they want to classify as major and minor.
Not all devs use this system and some only put 1.0 when the project is finished.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
The second number literally indicates the number of releases since the start. So if you have a 0.7 it means there have been 7 releases (this one included). 7 major updates (as opposed to patches, which is the third number).

example: 0.8.3
0 -> no full release (full release would be 1)
8 -> 8th update since alpha launch/demo/first version
3 -> patch nr. 3 for the 8th release

(First numbers bigger than 1 often mean DLC in games like this)

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
this really needs keyboard controls. Are they hidden somewhere?
The game does not have keyboard controls yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if they added them in the future. There's already been plenty of complaints about how tedious it is to move around.

Jul 31, 2018
I remember seeing somebody posting a cheat or program so i could add stats to myself and bypass the grinding does anyone know what it is? (it wasn't cheat engine btw)

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I remember seeing somebody posting a cheat or program so i could add stats to myself and bypass the grinding does anyone know what it is? (it wasn't cheat engine btw)
There's a way to cheat in the game itself. Talk to the computer at the start. Otherwise what you must be thinking of is the save editor, .

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes