Bambourex

Jan 3, 2024
Found myself a fairly hindering bug.

I get an error that crashes the game whenever I scroll down the characters/monsters menu from the journal.

Appeared after I got the "Mother Den" journal entry , under the Chapel in the wastelands.

I got the "improvement mod" installed.

Does it ring any bell ? Can someone help me fix this please ?

Last edited:

Argrond

Mar 21, 2019
Must have been asked a thousand time already so I'm sorry for the repetition. But is there any benefits for playing the other two first games (like lore knowledge for exemple) ?
Yes, you will have more insight and much more rich story background. Just be sure to install mods to run those properly, since Swegabe does not give any fuck about the state of playability of her games built on archaic engine, so, to prevent you from going on Alpha Centauri orbit right from the start of "playing" those, make sure you get at least a res mod, otherwise they are simply unplayable under current screen sizes and widths.
If you are asking for impossible - no, saves from previous games do not have any impact on descending games, so you are playing them to finish and start another one anew, but with some knowledge of "what was in previous episodes". )

DaffyRabbit

Sep 1, 2020
Found myself a fairly hindering bug.

I get an error that crashes the game whenever I scroll down the characters/monsters menu from the journal.

Appeared after I got the "Mother Den" journal entry , under the Chapel in the wastelands.

I got the "improvement mod" installed.

Does it ring any bell ? Can someone help me fix this please ?
"improvement mod" for version 3.13. You just need to play the original game and everything will be fine)

Bambourex

Jan 3, 2024
"improvement mod" for version 3.13. You just need to play the original game and everything will be fine)
Permanent sprint, numerous save slots, skipping dialogues and such are basic QoL features that I didn't find in the base game.

However I tried to reproduce the bug with the base game and it did not occur. So it does come from the "improvement mod"

Perhaps there is another mod that makes it less buggy ?

King3312

Feb 5, 2023
Permanent sprint, numerous save slots, skipping dialogues and such are basic QoL features that I didn't find in the base game.

However I tried to reproduce the bug with the base game and it did not occur. So it does come from the "improvement mod"

Perhaps there is another mod that makes it less buggy ?
it still playable so dont worry, just dont use characters/monsters menu

Raizel101

Nov 11, 2023
Can anyone tell me why some legendary enemies do not spawn? I can't see some of them, I don't know why. In walkthrough, it shows the legendary enemy at some place, but when I move that same place (and at same stage in the game), I still don't see them. So far I have encountered only the Green tree (just before you get inside to the Warengard prison and fight steel Baroness). Anyone tell me what I am missing.

Argrond

Mar 21, 2019
Can anyone tell me why some legendary enemies do not spawn? I can't see some of them, I don't know why. In walkthrough, it shows the legendary enemy at some place, but when I move that same place (and at same stage in the game), I still don't see them. So far I have encountered only the Green tree (just before you get inside to the Warengard prison and fight steel Baroness). Anyone tell me what I am missing.
You have to defeat a certain amount of minor mobs of that legendary (15 iirc), then the legendary should spawn on that specified location. zeroshark's mod shows detailed info about those, just install it and ease your journey.

Raizel101

Nov 11, 2023
You have to defeat a certain amount of minor mobs of that legendary (15 iirc), then the legendary should spawn on that specified location. zeroshark's mod shows detailed info about those, just install it and ease your journey.
Yeah. I just got to know. Do you know why is Tower of Descent (North of Arlon Farmland) is always 'Barred' from inside? How do I open it?

Last edited:

Argrond

Mar 21, 2019
Yeah. I just got to know. Do you know why is Tower of Descent (North of Arlon Farmland) is always 'Barred' from inside? How do I open it?
The last patch I've played was 3.12, at that time that gate was still sealed.
I have no idea what may be inside, but I'm sure Gabe have it planned from long ago and, at some point, that door will be opened, and not necessarily from outside. )

Raizel101

Nov 11, 2023
The last patch I've played was 3.12, at that time that gate was still sealed.
I have no idea what may be inside, but I'm sure Gabe have it planned from long ago and, at some point, that door will be opened, and not necessarily from outside. )
I watched the walkthrough, there it opened. It was not barred. There is M1 prototype (the Golem) is there, after touch Immemorial Glade Crystal (when everything destroyed), it becomes ruined tower, then again a Legendary beast is there and more. I think it is barred in the latest update instead, since in Walkthrough you can just go inside and fight.

Argrond

Mar 21, 2019
I watched the walkthrough, there it opened. It was not barred. There is M1 prototype (the Golem) is there, after touch Immemorial Glade Crystal (when everything destroyed), it becomes ruined tower, then again a Legendary beast is there and more. I think it is barred in the latest update instead, since in Walkthrough you can just go inside and fight.
Imo Immemorial Glade is the best mechanic Gabe have ever done, it's just so cool and interesting that you hardly believe to witness something so inventive in this type of games.:cool:
Un-very-fortunately, it's one of a kind by now, so, unless Gabe will be willing to get some more headache to create something similar, this is it to the mechanic. =\
As for this location in the "real world", it is barren and will be barren till some endgame I suppose, because it's just lame to reveal what's behind that door now, since it's clearly connected to that warp world and can potentially contain something very big.

Raizel101

Nov 11, 2023
Imo Immemorial Glade is the best mechanic Gabe have ever done, it's just so cool and interesting that you hardly believe to witness something so inventive in this type of games.:cool:
Un-very-fortunately, it's one of a kind by now, so, unless Gabe will be willing to get some more headache to create something similar, this is it to the mechanic. =\
As for this location in the "real world", it is barren and will be barren till some endgame I suppose, because it's just lame to reveal what's behind that door now, since it's clearly connected to that warp world and can potentially contain something very big.
Do you know any game like this one?

3.70 star(s) 74 Votes