RPGM Legends of Metrobay [v1.3a] [Oldboygames]

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Reapergod36

Jun 23, 2017
Just checked the dev's website (linked in OP) -- looks like you called it! Dev's site has a header link to the Metrobay Comix webpage. Hopefully less blueballing involved with this project, though admittedly I've never heard of Metrobay before seeing this post and your description of the comics so I really don't know anything else about this IP.

Good luck with the game, dev! Kinky superhero stuff is usually fun...
I wish I read this. The game is not a game, it's from 'fight' to 'fight' where the only option is to attack and then after three character switches I got a gameover and I don't know why. Just... okay. Seems more like a visual novel. There's a possibility it's more exploration based problem solving. But I didn't come here for that. I came to struggle or lose against dominatrix type villains.

oldboygames84

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2023
When people advertise their games as v.1.3 or 1.something then I feel cheated as in fact, it's an very early demo version.
Initial release at best, should be named v.0.1 or v0.01
People expect a finished game at v1.0
I am the game's developer. The version number issue is all my fault; as this is my first game, I did not want to confuse anyone on purpose.

oldboygames84

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2023
I wish I read this. The game is not a game, it's from 'fight' to 'fight' where the only option is to attack and then after three character switches I got a gameover and I don't know why. Just... okay. Seems more like a visual novel. There's a possibility it's more exploration based problem solving. But I didn't come here for that. I came to struggle or lose against dominatrix type villains.
In recent months, I've realized that the game would probably function better as a visual novel, and I'll most likely change in that direction with the next release.
I'd want to repeat that this is my first gaming project, and it began as a love letter to everyone who developed or appreciates the Metrobay environment.
I have tough skin, and I will continue making these projects as long as even one person appreciates them.
See you around.

Reactions: Scotsman1989

sdjins

Jul 26, 2017
In recent months, I've realized that the game would probably function better as a visual novel, and I'll most likely change in that direction with the next release.
I'd want to repeat that this is my first gaming project, and it began as a love letter to everyone who developed or appreciates the Metrobay environment.
I have tough skin, and I will continue making these projects as long as even one person appreciates them.
See you around.
First impression is that there are too many playable characters and all the game play follows the same routine: control heroine and lead her to her defeat and demise.
If you want to make the game a visual novel, Renpy is possibly a better choice.
Otherwise, having one major playable character is better for RPG. Madam Mynx, trying to defeat all the heroines, or a mind-controlled Omega Woman, choosing between regain control or submitting to her desire, would fit the game nicely.

oldboygames84

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2023
First impression is that there are too many playable characters and all the game play follows the same routine: control heroine and lead her to her defeat and demise.
If you want to make the game a visual novel, Renpy is possibly a better choice.
Otherwise, having one major playable character is better for RPG. Madam Mynx, trying to defeat all the heroines, or a mind-controlled Omega Woman, choosing between regain control or submitting to her desire, would fit the game nicely.
This is great feedback. The idea of playing as a mind-controlled Omega Woman is very interesting. Thank you very much.

Sep 27, 2023
I am going to let this one simmer until more releases to see if it is worth it or not meaning if they follow the comics or if they go their own way after all it is a parody and the dev can do whatever he wants with it even if he doesnt follow the comics.

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes