Mod Lessons in Love Progress and Guide Mod [v0.39.0] [cckerberos]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

tehbestatgames

Mar 14, 2020
Pressing the hint button after loading the save gives me this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
  File "game/progress mod/trackers/hinttracker.rpy", line 1, in execute
    screen hinttracker():
    screen hinttracker():
  File "game/progress mod/trackers/hinttracker.rpy", line 8, in execute
    $ ProgressMod.update_all()
  File "game/progress mod/trackers/hinttracker.rpy", line 8, in <module>
  File "game/progress mod/code.rpy", line 978, in update_all
    current_event.update_status()
  File "game/progress mod/code.rpy", line 118, in update_status
    self.parse_triggers()
  File "game/progress mod/code.rpy", line 341, in parse_triggers
    chapter_status = MainEvent.chapter_progress(self)
  File "game/progress mod/code.rpy", line 899, in chapter_progress
    if (chap1point + chap2point) < self.max[current_chapter] - 3:
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpyc", line 173, in script
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    screen hinttracker():
    screen hinttracker():
    self.parse_triggers()
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 847, in __getitem__

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lessons in Love 0.23.0
Tue Apr 05 12:20:39 2022
The event list also lists events as incomplete despite seeing them and being able to replay them.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
Pressing the hint button after loading the save gives me this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    screen hinttracker():
    screen hinttracker():
    self.parse_triggers()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpyc", line 173, in script
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    screen hinttracker():
    screen hinttracker():
    self.parse_triggers()
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 847, in __getitem__

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lessons in Love 0.23.0
Tue Apr 05 12:20:39 2022
The event list also lists events as incomplete despite seeing them and being able to replay them.
1. Does the error persist if you choose "Ignore" on the error screen and then reopen the screen?
2. Does the Refresh button have any effect?

Please upload a copy of your save.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
It does persist if I choose ignore and then open the hint screen again.
The save file didn't cause me any errors, and there didn't seem to be anything wrong with the event list.

Did you use any patches when installing the game?

tehbestatgames

Mar 14, 2020
The save file didn't cause me any errors, and there didn't seem to be anything wrong with the event list.

Did you use any patches when installing the game?
Not that I can think of, but that means I should just be able to uninstall everything and reinstall it with the same save file right?

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
I've been tickering with the mod a bit over the past few weeks and just uploaded an update. Nothing really essential there that demands upgrading if you already have the last version, but take a look at the change-log.

With a couple months to go until the rework is done, I'll probably continue to make minor changes.

j1115568

Nov 19, 2018
I encountered a problem using the progress tracker for 23p2 girl events. The games own tracker confirms that Touka and Tsubasa events have been completed but this mod still thinks they are open. Thus resulting in a weird bug where I have to progress with these two but their events are completed.

I am using the current version of this mod that was updated just recently. There coud be an issue because I did NOT use a clean install for this mod... Trying that requires some time as I have to download the basegame again to see if it works with clean install.

j1115568

Nov 19, 2018
With a clean install the problem went away. It just says now: "happy event progress needed". which i dont find really useful :)

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
With a clean install the problem went away. It just says now: "happy event progress needed". which i dont find really useful :)
It's telling you you're missing a needed happy event. Click on where it says "Happy" on the progress screen.

xNezzen

Jan 1, 2022
Hey there, sorry if this is a dumb question. I see there's the mod zip and a smaller v2 zip with same name. Should I be downloading only the v2 zip as it's the latest version of the mod or is it something else?

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
Hey there, sorry if this is a dumb question. I see there's the mod zip and a smaller v2 zip with same name. Should I be downloading only the v2 zip as it's the latest version of the mod or is it something else?
Yes, the v2 zip should be all you need.

Reactions: xNezzen

kasatik_spb

Jul 15, 2020
Hi! Thanks a lot for the mod!
In the latest version of the game 0.23.0.p 1 in Kaori's hints the mod says "Main event progress needed" but in fact you need to "Call Kaori at Saturday night".
1651157578861.png
1651157627535.png

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
what does it mean how do i get on
Can you upload your save file? That "There is Nothing" hint shouldn't look like that.

The meaning of the happy event hint will be obvious when you get to the right point in the game. If it doesn't mean anythng to you, you aren't far enough in the game yet.

Reactions: Nightgamer66

Nightgamer66

Nov 26, 2019
Can you upload your save file? That "There is Nothing" hint shouldn't look like that.

The meaning of the happy event hint will be obvious when you get to the right point in the game. If it doesn't mean anythng to you, you aren't far enough in the game yet.
here the save file ^^

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
here the save file ^^
Thanks. When I open the Hint screen using your save file, it looks like this for me:

screenshot0012.png

I'm not sure why it looks so different for you, but my recommendation would be to delete the "progress mod" folder (located in the "game" folder) and reinstall the mod.

Reactions: Nightgamer66

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
Okay, I've released another short update. This is mostly just a few small bug fixes (including the one found by kasatik_spb). The only major new feature is that happy events will now show up on the Hint screen (as seen in the screenshot in the post above this one). For players who have are interested in finding the happy event on their own, I've added an option to turn off the hint.

I've renamed one of the files in the mod, so I recommend deleting your "game\progress mod" folder before installing the new version (if you don't, you won't be able to turn off happy event hints).

Reactions: kasatik_spb
5.00 star(s) 7 Votes