Budoop

Aug 24, 2019
He actually has those moments, but which one are you talking about?
The one in Io's last event. About being able to stand out without needing to put others down.

I know some people like this IRL and it's really toxic behaviour.

He already does, we're playing it, and his advice is going to lead to some real bad stuff, no doubt with this being a Denpa game.
Oh I'm counting on it, but it would be nice to see some characters grow and overcome some of their flaws.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I see now why they are in the winter outfits but I'm wondering why they are bundled up inside. Not a big deal or anything it just got me thinking.

Reactions: DrFree

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I see now why they are in the winter outfits but I'm wondering why they are bundled up inside. Not a big deal or anything it just got me thinking.
Because it would be more work that really isn't necessary and would take away from the development of other aspects. I could see it as a project to be done after the game is finished, but no later.

Popletalko

Sep 14, 2019
Io: appears
Me: "Huh, she looks interesting. Supposedly a counterbalance to the bubbly Uta, eh?"
Io, the very next ig day and day after that: "I have issues."
Me, a hopeless INFJ: glowing eyes "DO I SENSE ANOTHER COMPLEX PERSON WITH PERSONAL PROBLEMS IN NEED OF HELP?!"

No but really, i do wonder if Io is an irl inspiration Selebus had/has, or if she is a thought-out project of a character? I mean i'm not even through her character events and i feel like this is not a character you come up with on the fly.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Me: "Huh, she looks interesting. Supposedly a counterbalance to the bubbly Uta, eh?"
Me, a hopeless INFJ: glowing eyes "DO I SENSE ANOTHER COMPLEX PERSON WITH PERSONAL PROBLEMS IN NEED OF HELP?!"

No but really, i do wonder if Io is an irl inspiration Selebus had/has, or if she is a thought-out project of a character? I mean i'm not even through her character events and i feel like this is not a character you come up with on the fly.
Yeah, and with Yasu, it really makes me think what would happen if Selebus hadn't reached the goal to have 10, and then 20 main girls.
I mean, with Yasu's connection to GOD its clear she is somehow important, but assuming she wasn't going to be in the game, it makes me wonder how much Sel is changing the draft of the story-line.
Maybe she is knowledgeable, but she herself won't influence the main plot that much, and her importance will be relegated to her own story events + some tweaks?
Just tweaking details here and there, and making connections on the fly. Like for example, Sana's brother issue would be known sooner or later, so Sel just used it to introduce Yasu.

alex2011
It was reeeeeeally weird how Sensei would comment in the change of appearance when winter starts after spending weeks seeing them like that.
Especially when the heat and temperature changes were mentioned, but the girls were already wearing winter clothes.
OH, and Miku's new haircut! I actually laughed there!

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
Most other games, especially on this site, are more H scene oriented and are shooting for an audience that wants to put in as little effort as possible ...<cut>. This is geared toward people actually looking for a a game to play with full focus on the game itself.
You're missing my point. It's ok that this game is different. But specifically about the "puzzle", it's too unexpected. You're not required to remember anything for almost whole game. For a very long time there's no hint that you should. The first one is way too late, maybe it's even after (but I'm not completely sure about that) you saw and forgot some other parts, because you couldn't have known that they are important.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
TIL my mental pronunciation has been off this whole time...
Yeah people who have an understanding of how Japanese words are pronounced will take much longer to get the joke. The Japanese pronunciation is the canonically correct one.

Io's really interesting in that regard. She's the only character of the 20 main girls who I didn't actually have an idea for. I just wanted to challenge myself in making a cute, green-haired girl since that's not normally a hair color I'm into. So when she and Uta won the first new dorm poll, I really started worrying. I went through a lot of different ideas in my head for Io and none of them did what I wanted them to do. It wasn't until the day I started writing this update that I figured out where I want to go with her- and she's now one of my favorite characters in the game to write for.
Yeah, and with Yasu, it really makes me think what would happen if Selebus hadn't reached the goal to have 10, and then 20 main girls.
I mean, with Yasu's connection to GOD its clear she is somehow important, but assuming she wasn't going to be in the game, it makes me wonder how much Sel is changing the draft of the story-line.
I was actually asked about this in the Discord yesterday. Around the 3k mark, I realized that there was a big chance for the second dorm room to fill up, so I started theorizing where I could go if that happened long before it actually did. I had time to connect certain characters together, like Nodoka and Futaba's relationship as well as the Yasu thing you mentioned in your post. Overall, the draft of the story hasn't really strayed from where it was always going to go- but it got a hell of a lot bigger. And I don't mean that in just an interpersonal relationship point. The underlying mystery of this world has greatly expanded and I'm now confident I can much-further embellish on why things are the way they are, how they got that way, and what (if anything) can be done to "fix" it. Granted, this also means it will take a lot longer to fully tell the story, but we've now got almost 30 congruent character subplots to focus on as well.

Having this many characters is actually kind of a blessing in that sense because it allows me to throw people into certain situations they'd have never had to deal with if the new characters didn't exist. It's also why I'm not fond of the critique of having "too many characters" or "not focusing on the ones in the game now" because, like I've been saying since the start, everything is connected. All of the characters grow together. And, not to toot my own horn here, but I think the pacing of that has been rather good.

I've kind of derailed from the purpose of this response in saying that and have now gotten myself sidetracked, but this game was never designed to let people just keep spending time with one character they like- it was to display different types of people with different types of issues and force everyone to water all of them. To cultivate a garden of broken or misguided girls that will remain with you long after the game comes to an end. The more girls in this game, the more stories I can tell and the more lessons I can teach.

Final point, long detached from the purpose of this reponse: I'm going to put as many characters into the game as I want and I am going to make you love (or hate) all of them.

Final point 2, back on topic/tldr: The grand plans haven't changed, they've just gotten exponentially more detailed.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
You're missing my point. It's ok that this game is different. But specifically about the "puzzle", it's too unexpected. You're not required to remember anything for almost whole game. For a very long time there's no hint that you should. The first one is way too late, maybe it's even after (but I'm not completely sure about that) you saw and forgot some other parts, because you couldn't have known that they are important.
Honestly, that puzzle section was just originally going to be the IP address and nothing else. But then some cuck went against the one thing I asked people not to do and ruined it for everyone.

That being said, I actually love how that scene came out and am excited to figure out another way to make people quit next.

Popletalko

Sep 14, 2019
Io's really interesting in that regard. She's the only character of the 20 main girls who I didn't actually have an idea for. I just wanted to challenge myself in making a cute, green-haired girl since that's not normally a hair color I'm into. So when she and Uta won the first new dorm poll, I really started worrying. I went through a lot of different ideas in my head for Io and none of them did what I wanted them to do. It wasn't until the day I started writing this update that I figured out where I want to go with her- and she's now one of my favorite characters in the game to write for.
Certainly a more prominent character for myself as well, and that has been done from the get go just from the introductory update. Will be interesting to see where you'll take her. I'm seeing a lot of options, one more intriguing than the next. But then again, you've already proven to be more than capable of pulling a rug from under the most seemingly mundane and "normal" characters like Makoto (I'm looking at you, Bluejay) and turning them upside down, not to mention instantly a front and center of attention and interest. So who knows what you can do with already interesting character like Io going forward. Either way, you are certainly making reading the story more and more worth it with each update.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Honestly, that puzzle section was just originally going to be the IP address and nothing else. But then some cuck went against the one thing I asked people not to do and ruined it for everyone.

That being said, I actually love how that scene came out and am excited to figure out another way to make people quit next.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember the game telling you explicitly to remember the IP address...I even took a screenshot of it and backed it up onto cloud cause I thought it would be useful later on...

The other parts about the terminal and stuff were hard though, cause that came out of the blue. Glad selebus made an option to replay every scene so it wasn't a pain in the ass going through the game again ;)

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember the game telling you explicitly to remember the IP address...I even took a screenshot of it and backed it up onto cloud cause I thought it would be useful later on...

The other parts about the terminal and stuff were hard though, cause that came out of the blue. Glad selebus made an option to replay every scene so it wasn't a pain in the ass going through the game again ;)
You're told to write down the terminal too but in a really roundabout way

Razumdar

Feb 23, 2020
Can anyone perhaps make a compressed version for android? I haven't been able to play for like the last ten updates. It won't even install at 3gb.

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
Having this many characters is actually kind of a blessing in that sense because it allows me to throw people into certain situations they'd have never had to deal with if the new characters didn't exist. It's also why I'm not fond of the critique of having "too many characters" or "not focusing on the ones in the game now" because, like I've been saying since the start, everything is connected. All of the characters grow together. And, not to toot my own horn here, but I think the pacing of that has been rather good.
I can very much understand that from my recent foray into being a writist.

My project basically only has 1 character and I find from time to time the creative juices run out. I'm getting around it by effectively writing in vignettes so I can think about another part of the story. But sometimes I just get a bit bored of writing the character.

I'm also finding by having 1 character that I'm falling into the Tomb Raider reboot problem where it feels like I'm torturing her. Imagine if all the shit you're piling on your characters was all put on the shoulders of one of them - I reckon it would just feel mean.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes