leatherboy1966

Nov 28, 2017
Wow, so downloading those illegal care packages was the thing that bricked the game! I started 0.29.0 anew anyways (I lost my previous saves in a computer crash) but it was a bit of an unpleasant surprise anyways.

Noneoftheless, I've learned my lesson. Keep my grubby paws off subscriber-only content, got it. Well played, Selebus. I'm not even mad, just impressed.

Juice86

Jan 13, 2023
Well if maya was 2nd tsun, yumi would be the 1st
she actually hinted at she WAS falling in love with him but she is too... (idk the best word) disgusted/confused with him/herself and she doesn't know anymore/like him anymore.
how true that is, we shall see though.

I hope you guys are right, I've had a massive thing for Yumi since "The town has two halves" in chapter 1. I can't wait for even the slightest rehashing of a H-scene. The one with Nodoka blackmailing her didn't satisfy. I actually like her character and want something 1 on 1 whether it be bad or good. More Yumi content is always good.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
Wow, so downloading those illegal care packages was the thing that bricked the game! I started 0.29.0 anew anyways (I lost my previous saves in a computer crash) but it was a bit of an unpleasant surprise anyways.

Noneoftheless, I've learned my lesson. Keep my grubby paws off subscriber-only content, got it. Well played, Selebus. I'm not even mad, just impressed.
Care package for anyone affected by the DRM:

Patched gui.rpy file that will disable the DRM (this is all you need if you have NOT launched the game with the Care Packages installed)

In case you DO get schwacked by the DRM and lose your saves:

1-1-LT1.save is a complete .28 save for "good uncle" path (Note: you need the Guide Mod linked in the original post to use this. Sorry!)
1-5-LT1.save is a complete .28 save for "bad uncle" path courtesy Bingoogus
persistent.zip with complete .28 persistent file
Original .29 script.rpy file since the DRM will also overwrite it

Make sure to rename the .rpy files after downloading to remove the numbers and the underscore in front of the filename before replacing the ones in your LessonsInLove-xx/game directory with them.

Saves go in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Test2-1577602671 or in LessonsInLove-xx/game/saves

Last edited:

lardtree90

Feb 16, 2018
Eh, story seems fine so far and this "war" started here, maybe Sel shouldn't prolong it but here we are and nothing is going to change anytime soon.
No don't you understand, it was outrageous of Sel to ask that people wait a whole two weeks to get the same content for free and completely inhuman of him to ask for a whole 5 dollars to get it on release. The people of this forum were really suffering...

TheLarceny

Apr 26, 2022
Care package for anyone affected by the DRM:

1-1-LT1.save is a complete .28 save for "good uncle" path
1-5-LT1.save is a complete .28 save for "bad uncle" path courtesy Bingoogus
Patched gui.rpy file that will disable the DRM
Original .29 script.rpy file since the DRM will overwrite it

Make sure to rename the .rpy files after downloading to remove the numbers and the underscore in front of the filename before replacing the ones in your LessonsInLove-xx/game directory with them.

Saves go in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Test2-1577602671 or in LessonsInLove-xx/game/saves
So no need for new persistent? Just use the save files and that will be okay?

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
There is only one variable that gets saved to it and it's only checked during the third reset (chapter 2), as well as your main menu bkg choice. It's not at all needed if you start from the included saves, but I attached one anyway just for the sake of completion.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
The persistent file is basically just a log of seen text, it's handy to have so you can skip seen text by holding down ctrl, especially in sandbox games where you can detect new shit by whether or not you can zoom past it, good little technique i use is clicking everything once and if the little 'skip' icon turns gray, there's new content there, if not, scroll back and try another option. Outside of that, it doesn't do anything, so it's not essential like a save is, but my god is it handy to have for games like LiL. I posted a copy of my persistent earlier when the drm problem was first detected, if you need/want one.

And with that, i'm going to bed... like 3 hours past my usual-ish bedtime... this night has been fun.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Legit would use subscribestar like I have with MANY other creators but guess what, I play on mobile and he won't make a port of it. Infact when I asked if he would consider it I got banned for DC. So while I love his game and his vision it's a sad fact I have to wait for a mobile port.
Is anyone else having problems trying to save using JoiPlay in this new version?
I am getting the below error whenever I try to save

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The game is just too big for mobile, mobile has limits to the size of apps for security reasons, 2GB for Android if I remember correctly, and this game is already past that very small limit.

no I believe it
you get banned there for ridiculous shit, from pointing out a a story inconstancy that needs to be fixed to making an off color joke someones butthole prolapsed over. these stories literally plague this thread.
Calling BS on the inconsistency part, he actively asked for people to point them out at one point and has never said to stop, leaving that open to being interpreted as still ongoing.

The reason I guess was that I asked him himself and that the question was asking for a "pirated" version of the game...
Official sites have a no tolerance policy on piracy talk, if the copy was pirated and stated to be, then that is extremely likely to have caused a ban.

Serious,I wait too long to see her fall in love with the MC.
Just kiss her already. The first kiss didn't count bc she was force to do that :v
This is not a fast paced game, things will happen when they are ready in the story. Yumi is one of the characters starting the most behind the others that already have content both because of the kiss early on and because of alleged forced encounters with Sensei, so it makes sense she doesn't have anything that isn't forced at this point, the Nodoka thing obviously counting as forced.

g6107419

Nov 25, 2018
the last update just shows that Sel spends more time on this "war" than on the quality of the game and it is only getting worse. the puzzle was annoying and nothing else, there are more mistakes and bugs in this update than in the last 6 put together, the story is getting worse, the characters are getting more shallow and the story is more rushed as this goes on, etc.
this had the potential to be one of the best vn out there. now it is just stupid.
Glad I wasnt the only one feeling like that, it feels like we rushed so quickly in the story this update, he had nearly 3 months on this, the fact he spent likely over a week on this "haha I deleted our file causing you to spend 5 minutes restoring it" is a bit of a joke.

Does make me wonder what he'll do once the game dries up or ends

g6107419

Nov 25, 2018
No don't you understand, it was outrageous of Sel to ask that people wait a whole two weeks to get the same content for free and completely inhuman of him to ask for a whole 5 dollars to get it on release. The people of this forum were really suffering...
Ultimately it would be better if he pretended this site didn't exist, obviously hard to when acknowledging that without it there is no game. Move on, enjoy the fact you're earning $100k a year breaking the terms of the engine you're using. Might lose less hair over it too.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I'm gonna need some time to process a lot of this update, and I've got a lot on my plate right now so it might be some time before I really can focus on it.

But one thing that really stood out was that this update was HEAVY on development for Sensei.

lol, I was making a different point when I attached the screen grab, but abandoned it, and it's not relevant to the rest of my post.

But in this moment, it felt like she was REALLY considering doing it.

Last edited:

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Lessons in Love [v0.29.0] [Selebus] Subscribestar

COMPRESSED

SIZE ~ 2.08 GB

PC: - - -

MAC: - -

FILEMAIL / (Link with duration of only one week)

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 292 Votes