Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Heh, well it is the usual trope for introducing things like that. I suppose there's the "it was all a dream" version to be had too.
Maybe we'll see some "happy" scenes with Chinami so the readers will get scared out of it > w>

Reactions: alex2011

kaorue

May 15, 2019
Maybe we'll see some "happy" scenes with Chinami so the readers will get scared out of it > w>
You could actually make it into a punishment storywise. Have it be one of the otherworldly sequences where she acts like Ami did in her first H-scene but getting progressively more manic as the scene goes on then to it being actually detrimental to her health à la asthma; an episode showing him just how bad he really can be. (Granted, depending on the reader, it might not be a punishment to them)

Last edited:

HellBound243

Sep 1, 2020
You could actually make it into a punishment storywise. Have it be one of the otherworldly sequences where she acts like Ami did in her first H-scene but getting progressively more manic as the scene goes on then to it being actually detrimental to her health a lá asthma; an episode showing him just how bad he really can be. (Granted, depending on the reader, it might not be a punishment to them)
That sounds horrifying... Hopefully that doesn't happen or at least doesn't get that bad.

vanbummel

May 15, 2020
In the latest happy scene you can see Ami's parents' names on their grave:
Sekai Arakawa
Nozomu Arakawa

So far these are the only named characters who don't have alliterative names, right? Why is it that between all of these creepy scenes and cute girls I'm thinking about the possible significance of dead characters' names days later..?

My current head canon is that the car wreck was a lie and the space war began when aliens came to Earth and started killing everyone whose first and last names started with different letters. :p

• Thinking Face
Reactions: anon670-1

kaorue

May 15, 2019
That sounds horrifying... Hopefully that doesn't happen or at least doesn't get that bad.
I'd prefer it to be a nicer path really but really we probably won't get a canon version anyway or if we did it would be rather tame like only a handjob or he only pleasures her.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
In the latest happy scene you can see Ami's parents' names on their grave:
Sekai Arakawa
Nozomu Arakawa

So far these are the only named characters who don't have alliterative names, right? Why is it that between all of these creepy scenes and cute girls I'm thinking about the possible significance of dead characters' names days later..?

My current head canon is that the car wreck was a lie and the space war began when aliens came to Earth and started killing everyone whose first and last names started with different letters. :p
It was a happy scene so may not represent their actual names (especially since Sekai isn't a real Japanese given name).

Incidentally:

Sekai = "the world"
Nozomu = "to hope" (possibly this was meant to be Nozomi, the noun form)

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
You could actually make it into a punishment storywise. Have it be one of the otherworldly sequences where she acts like Ami did in her first H-scene but getting progressively more manic as the scene goes on then to it being actually detrimental to her health a lá asthma; an episode showing him just how bad he really can be. (Granted, depending on the reader, it might not be a punishment to them)
Yep and our MC will go pale in horror as he just took it too far and he'll go traumatized mode while blaming himself over and over for making her condition worse or something worse = w=b

I wanna see this happen 100%

Reactions: Ankoku

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
The timing in this is kinda perfect, just as you begin to forget about the weird shit, and start to enjoy the story.... AND BAM! weird shit in yo FACE! quite well done.
Yup. Constant horror elements aren't scary. You get acclimated to it. Having it every so often, with characters you actually like, adds soooo much to the scare factor since you're anticipating when the next bad thing will happen, and who it will happen to/with.

While it's done fairly well update-by-update, I didn't really appreciate it until I restarted the game and played a big chunk all at once. Can't wait for the game to be done to get the full experience.

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
So what is up with this, did I do a wrong turn somewhere or what?
You were a bad homie. It doesn't show until it's the next event, but that happened because you fingered Chika when Rin specifically asked you to wait until after she had a chance to confess to go after her. Specifically, you did Chika's Schadenfreude event before the beach event happened.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Yup. Constant horror elements aren't scary. You get acclimated to it. Having it every so often, with characters you actually like, adds soooo much to the scare factor since you're anticipating when the next bad thing will happen, and who it will happen to/with.

While it's done fairly well update-by-update, I didn't really appreciate it until I restarted the game and played a big chunk all at once. Can't wait for the game to be done to get the full experience.
honestly it doesn't scare me, more just mentally confuses, and then I just feel weird... especially that nailing to the wall bit but it is also interesting so I keep playing XD the fun part is rolling back to try and make up what the flashes are.

Last edited:

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
enable console and type rinbetrayed = False (before you have the event crossed out, so load a save just before that night bit)
if you want the full accurate story, load a beach save before you meet with rin and type chikaroom20 = False.
I don't know if this will break the game or anything, so after you finish rin events just type chikaroom20 = True to set it back.
I myself did this because I had completely forgotten the deal when playing, and well.... rin is precious, so I fix.

Reactions: alex2011 and Ankoku

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
enable console and type rinbetrayed = False (before you have the event crossed out, so load a save just before that night bit)
if you want the full accurate story, load a beach save before you meet with rin and type chikaroom20 = False.
I don't know if this will break the game or anything, so after you finish rin events just type chikaroom20 = True to set it back.
I myself did this because I had completely forgotten the deal when playing, and well.... rin is precious, so I fix.
Knowledge I wish I knew before doing a new run...

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Knowledge I wish I knew before doing a new run...
hehe, I went from using unren to see pictures, to now actually using to play the game.

I don't like to cheat, but there are many games that it is just pointless and stupid and seems to only be there to increase play time with trial and error (so I just cheat em) or games that I just want to enjoy the story without worrying about mistakes.

This game personally is neither, I just didn't want to start from scratch cause I forgot XD (although some things could do with being a little more obvious, but events tab is WIP so will hold off on that judgement).

Also helps that I am beginning to understand how ren'py code works.

Reactions: Ankoku

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
hehe, I went from using unren to see pictures, to now actually using to play the game.

I don't like to cheat, but there are many games that it is just pointless and stupid and seems to only be there to increase play time with trial and error (so I just cheat em) or games that I just want to enjoy the story without worrying about mistakes.

This game personally is neither, I just didn't want to start from scratch cause I forgot XD (although some things could do with being a little more obvious, but events tab is WIP so will hold off on that judgement).

Also helps that I am beginning to understand how ren'py code works.
I want a feature where Hope-sama will know if "something changed unnaturally" giving them a good scare
\@ w@/

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
You can also just use the save provided by Oblivion9900 on page 124 which starts right at the beginning of the beach event and has everything set up to get the best result you can without missing any scenes.
I personally recommend using that save, since a lot of the events do change in major ways depending on which other events you've done first; and seeing the changes is pretty cool.
I want a feature where Hope-sama will know if "something changed unnaturally" giving them a good scare
\@ w@/
Agreed.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
You can also just use the save provided by Oblivion9900 on page 124 which starts right at the beginning of the beach event and has everything set up to get the best result you can without missing any scenes.
I personally recommend using that save, since a lot of the events do change in major ways depending on which other events you've done first; and seeing the changes is pretty cool.
That is the much simpler and wiser solution.... although I kinda have a thing where I want to use my own save.... I blame testosterone.

Reactions: alex2011 and Ankoku

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
That is the much simpler and wiser solution.... although I kinda have a thing where I want to use my own save.... I blame testosterone.
I have the same thing. Hence why I restarted instead of using that save, despite knowing of it and pointing others to it before I had restarted.
I didn't use the console because I would rather see what changes happened earlier in the game than save some time and chance breaking stuff, making me have to restart anyway.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I have the same thing. Hence why I restarted instead of using that save, despite knowing of it and pointing others to it before I had restarted.
I didn't use the console because I would rather see what changes happened earlier in the game than save some time and chance breaking stuff, making me have to restart anyway.
I myself read the code to know where to go back to. (for the rin thing it was the beach were things mattered).

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes