SecretUser95

Feb 22, 2019
Huh, the post beach fallout was a lot less violent then I was expecting. That's nice thou. Also, sensei was not as bad a person as I was expecting. Still asshole, just less so.

What I found really interesting is that the game is starting to try to get us to stop playing now. ( Lines in horror segments like "stop playing lessons in love" and "it only gets worse" ). I think there was a line like that before, but now it starts to feel like a conscious choice to fight the player. And the insults that get shot at the player more and more frequently may be part of that.

I think there was also a line that said that we are too close to discovering the truth ( I am tired, forgive any misquotes ). But I kind of doubt we are THAT close, seeing as this project has years left in it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Ami is Sensei's daughter by his sister-in-law, with whom he had a relationship that was deeply unhealthy and fucked-up on top of being adulterous. There are a lot of hints: the time she calls you Daddy in a sex scene, Sensei's musing that she feels more like a daughter than a niece, the time Ami asks if she had an incest baby with Sensei would Sensei fuck their daughter.

That said, I'm also not convinced that Ami is real. She glitches out in ways no other character does, including when Sensei isn't around and you can't just blame it on Sensei seeing things that aren't happening. There is discussion of dream-babies in the first reset event. There's a lot of content related to dead babies, either babies that never survived pregnancy or died shortly after birth. So in this weird reality which was explicitly born of wish-fulfillment, "the child that died lived instead" seems like a thing that might be going on.
I'm not so sure of this. The time she says it during sex, I thought, was her seeing her actual father in player Sensei's place, a vision brought on by inappropriate feelings toward her father, possibly returned by said father to a degree prior to the accident, coupled with the mental trauma of losing him. I am not convinced completely that she is real OR imagined, I haven't made a definite determination on what I believe in that regard.

I feel like I'll be a fucking criminal, if I don't praise visuals in the last Tsuneyo event, Things Like Stairs. They are simply amazing. Selebus once again surpassed himself in terms of setting a scene. Lighting, shadows, colors, camera angles... Pure art. For me this entire event was a main highlight for the update, not Rin's something-something.
Indeed, though I'm not sure I agree on the last part, that still had the biggest impact on me, but I am admittedly partial to Rin.

I think this is a fair thing to bring up, and doesn't feel like a complaint like others have said before. Don't think this'll irk sel to the point of adding more, because it's not like you were shitting on them. +1 from me
He's added stuff in response to less, I again point out the puzzles that have been added, all in response to people saying things that were inherently negative even if not severely so.

Idk, fells more like a substitution thing.

This one relates to Maya, thought.
That's what I got from the first part, a substitute for someone she lost.

Binged through this game just prior to the latest update. Got totally lost in it for a few days and was disappointed to eventually be caught up. Really enjoying the ride, Selebus. Your writing is very high quality and while I do struggle to 'connect' with Sensei, I don't think we as the audience are really supposed to anyway, so y'know, no big deal.

Is it weird that I both simultaneously want to see lewd Sana scenes and never see lewd Sana scenes? o_O
You're right, player Sensei is the kind of character we are supposed to hate, unlike the usual protagonists. No, it isn't weird, you're showing both your desire as the player to lewd the girl while at the same time showing that, as a person, you care about her. This game has the strange ability to humanize the girls to a high degree and that makes trying to treat the game as nothing but a game difficult.

The new option to rename saves is a really awesome addition, though it would be better if it was not called with the right click, but with left and when it asked to overwrite the save below Yes and No there would be an option to Rename, it would be times more intuitive and comfortable.
Agreed

Shit, I thought I was paying attention, more or less. Turned out, I wasn't. All this time I thought that if there were a possibility one of the girls being a daughter of Sensei, it would be Maya.
And to think that I was patting myself on the back for figuring out obvious stuff, like Sensei being in love with Ami's mother and feeling inferior to his brother, as soon as it was alluded to and then, finally, several months later, catching on to who the disembodied hands belong to...
Well, I guess all there is left for me is to just go to the corner and fucking DIE there.
To be fair, there isn't that much information to go on. There are still some pretty significant holes to fill before we can even hope to guess something as big as that correctly. That said, it is still possible to do, just not easy.

What an actual trainwreck of the last episode it has been...
First, it's Rin's depression, when it's too hard to stop feeling bad at the times it doesn't have to, it echoes in my soul so fucking much...
And then the Niki scene... I cant help but worry, it's too real... fucking Niki, still waiting on lewd scenes with Noriko, she's been waiting for far too long))
The characters wait for lewd scenes as long as it takes for the story to warrant them. Remember, the lewd scenes are nothing but side content.

Rin continues to set herself up for failure.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh yeah, Otoha is going to go off big time at this when she finds out.

At this point Rin should just be in a mental health facility.
I hate to say it, but she could use the expertise on her condition.

Not only her.

An alternate title for the game could be "literally everyone needs therapy"
Very true, everyone in the game has something whether it's trauma from previous events or depression so bad that self harm has occurred.

Huh, the post beach fallout was a lot less violent then I was expecting. That's nice thou. Also, sensei was not as bad a person as I was expecting. Still asshole, just less so.

What I found really interesting is that the game is starting to try to get us to stop playing now. ( Lines in horror segments like "stop playing lessons in love" and "it only gets worse" ). I think there was a line like that before, but now it starts to feel like a conscious choice to fight the player. And the insults that get shot at the player more and more frequently may be part of that.

I think there was also a line that said that we are too close to discovering the truth ( I am tired, forgive any misquotes ). But I kind of doubt we are THAT close, seeing as this project has years left in it.
The closer we get, the more opposed 'the game' will be. I kind of like how it almost gives an essence of sentience to it.

Arato23

Apr 19, 2021

Sensei laying it out like that to a vulnerable Molly was.. pretty scummy.

Remixmain

May 7, 2018
Pretty good update on my opinion. Interesting seeing how waiting for rin's first confesion made some dialogue change, but i wasnt a bad homie and im too lazy to go back and check. I liked the stuff with rin and the presentation of her problems and how you can act like a normal person in the worst situations. The molly and niki stuff was kind of iffy, but thats just sensei being sensei. But to me the most important thing was the last Tsuneyo event. If you care about the lore (for some reason i do), while it feels like all the times the game goes HAPPY, i feel like the thing with Tsuneyo's dad is closer to a happy event than when characters undergo tragedy. Maybe her father is somehow connected to the god of wires or something like that. Maybe im just seeing this in nothing. But still, a pretty good update all things considered. Also, love this this quote.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Varxen

Jun 17, 2017
I'm a bodybuilder for 10 years irl and built like a truck but I still cry when I play this game.

ansc

Jan 16, 2018
"stop playing lessons in love"
"it only gets worse"

Fuck yeah let's see some real fireworks.

I am bored with the Rin stuff atm. It's like "2+2=4".

Thought there would be more buildup, more time with Rin actually getting much 'higher' before taking a huge fall.
(To be clear: Huge fall hasn't happened, she is just the same fucking mess as always. Which is realistic but not as
interesting and 'gut-punching' as seeing someone fly too close to the sun in a deluded state and then crash and burn
utterly destroying their composure)

This could still happen, but we have now been reminded that 'this is Rin' and it obviously isn't going to work out.
So it might not have as much punch. We will see.

The overall drama is still good but idk... starting to lose its novelty at this level of action, ideas getting repeated, youknow.
Methinks the stakes need to be raised fairly soon.

(Better to not have something overstay its welcome. I really need to replay this game because there was a pretty good stretch where the pacing was more or less perfect imo.)

Good to see hints that might happen in the (hopefully) near future.

Keep that momentum going until the whole sordid train derails and Kumon-mi becomes the beautiful heaven hell we know it can be!

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
"stop playing lessons in love"
"it only gets worse"

Fuck yeah let's see some real fireworks.

I am bored with the Rin stuff atm. It's like "2+2=4".

Thought there would be more buildup, more time with Rin actually getting much 'higher' before taking a huge fall.
(To be clear: Huge fall hasn't happened, she is just the same fucking mess as always. Which is realistic but not as
interesting and 'gut-punching' as seeing someone fly too close to the sun in a deluded state and then crash and burn
utterly destroying their composure)

This could still happen, but we have now been reminded that 'this is Rin' and it obviously isn't going to work out.
So it might not have as much punch. We will see.

The overall drama is still good but idk... starting to lose its novelty at this level of action, ideas getting repeated, youknow.

(Better to not have something overstay its welcome. I really need to replay this game because there was a pretty good stretch where the pacing was more or less perfect imo.)

Good to see hints that might happen in the (hopefully) near future.

Keep that momentum going until the whole sordid train derails and Kumon-mi becomes the beautiful heaven hell we know it can be!
Oh no, she is much worse than she was the last time something happened. Actually, flying too close to the sun in a deluded state is a pretty good summary of what is going on and she may get burnt sooner rather than later in the form of losing people to her fixation on her targeted love interest, Otoha in this case.

Is this thing with Otoha going to work out in her favor? I have no doubt it won't and, in fact, I see it as a ruse designed to keep her from doing anything worse than she already has.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
sooo... sana
I'm not to happy with a theory I came up with because it makes me very upset.

Sara's 'son' dies, its really her daughter, her son has survivors guilt, dissociates, and starts wearing dresses insisting that he is sana because he wishes he died in her place. The military wouldn't take him because he is trans. Selebus is drawing out sana's story line to mind fuck everyone.

Last edited:

Sarakash

Jun 5, 2019
I have to admit, this game has drawn me in more then I would have imagined.

A quick question because I am a bit confused about the part1/ part 2 thing:

Is this version here the complete game or do I have to switch to part 2 at some point from part 1 ?

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I have to admit, this game has drawn me in more then I would have imagined.

A quick question because I am a bit confused about the part1/ part 2 thing:

Is this version here the complete game or do I have to switch to part 2 at some point from part 1 ?
it's just selebus way of splitting the work up.
part 1 is generally all the main story plot lines update
part 2 is the (randomly picked) 4 girls plots update

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
We've got a Halloween update coming next, and a Christmas update likely coming at the end of the year (Selebus hasn't added that to the schedule yet, but the schedule only goes through Dec 1). Last year, the beach, Halloween, and Christmas events set up all the drama that played out through the rest of the year, and I kind of expect that pattern to repeat this year. I don't think we'll see a Bluejay-type event until January, but I also think once all those events are over, we'll see MORE of those types of events than we did last year, and I would be shocked if the next time a reset rolls around we don't see multiple girls find themselves on the rooftop.

Reactions: alex2011
4.20 star(s) 292 Votes