Reality Mode

Jul 18, 2018
not much.
Selebus is a troll at times. This popped into my head when reading the 4th wall breaking text where he mocks people that download games with the incest tag without reading the summary because there is a large group that see the futa/trans tag and refuse to download a game. Seemed like something he would do like 2 years into the game to screw with people. We also have little development in any kind of physical relationship with Sana yet despite the long time knowing her so it might be a plot device that might throw people off the game. This could be the reason for long delays in her relationship progress so selebus gets maximum reaction from his still growing viewer base.
In game I have little to anything to really point at because selebus seems to have done his best to drip sana's background into a cup. Wearing her 'brothers' uniform to work and her reactions when brought up can be signs pointing to her mental disassociation, but it could also be something else entirely. Sara is dirt poor, I doubt she could invest money in a new outfit for her 'daughter', she also is a very go with the flow attitude and would go with any justification sana came up with for still wearing her old outfit as long as she was 'happy'. Also her overly masculine male orc DnD character who has had an appendage amputated would be a fairly apt literary analogy.
This is also probably 100% wrong. but would be a great joke/troll to bug selebus with till he does something with sana finally. Considering how much he trolls us
Though, that's kinda inconsistent with Creepy Religion Girl's comments? It'd be fucking hilarious tho :D

Reactions: alex2011

KuramaSu

Mar 12, 2019
No need, just start a new game and save over the old one. There isn't anything that carries over between saves.
Actually the thing I want to remove is the saved data of what has already been read before to be able to use the skip button to detect text that I have yet to read. Since I already have more than half of the game read, on a new game I want to be able to only skip what I have read on the new save, specially because, considering that some parts are repeated (events when nothing new happens like talking with a girl to level gain points), I use the kip as indication of new dialog.

Edit: Nvm, found the appdata folder, had to remove both this folder and the save in the game directory before openign the game for the skip to be deleted.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Actually the thing I want to remove is the saved data of what has already been read before to be able to use the skip button to detect text that I have yet to read. Since I already have more than half of the game read, on a new game I want to be able to only skip what I have read on the new save, specially because, considering that some parts are repeated (events when nothing new happens like talking with a girl to level gain points), I use the kip as indication of new dialog.
Should be a file called "persistent" or something like that in the save folder (%APPDATA%/renpy/test-XXXXX (where the XXXXX is some number I don't remember on windows iirc) just delete that and you should be good to go.

Assuming that file works how I think it does.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

Edit: Nvm, found the appdata folder, had to remove both this folder and the save in the game directory before openign the game for the skip to be deleted.
Ah, yes, the standard persistent data, which is in the persistent file.

You do know that you won't be able to skip ANY text without selecting the option to be able to skip unread text if you delete that save data, right? By removing that data, you aren't making it detect text you have already read because, as far as the game is concerned, you haven't read any text unless that file is there.

If you want to be able to detect text you have already read, you should keep the file in question so the game knows you have text that has been read.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I doubt she was the one to do it, but I do have this feeling he's already dead and that she's been caring for a corpse this whole time thinking it is a living body because she is stuck in denial of his death from emotional shock.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Ah, yes, the standard persistent data, which is in the persistent file.

You do know that you won't be able to skip ANY text without selecting the option to be able to skip unread text if you delete that save data, right? By removing that data, you aren't making it detect text you have already read because, as far as the game is concerned, you haven't read any text unless that file is there.

If you want to be able to detect text you have already read, you should keep the file in question so the game knows you have text that has been read.
That's what they want I think, they mentioned using skip to go over stuff like the repeatable mini-events (like the dorm visits) and using not skipping to mean "there's new stuff here" so they effectively want to have a do-over so that it won't skip the events they've seen in their previous playthrough(s).

johlem

Apr 30, 2018
Right but you'd at least expect to go from winter to spring to summer to fall rather than going from winter to fall
it seems to me that it is explicitly said towards the beginning of the game that there are only 2 seasons in kumon-mi (summer and winter)

Reactions: DrFree

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That's what they want I think, they mentioned using skip to go over stuff like the repeatable mini-events (like the dorm visits) and using not skipping to mean "there's new stuff here" so they effectively want to have a do-over so that it won't skip the events they've seen in their previous playthrough(s).
I'm not sure even skipping seen text is a good idea by itself, maybe coupled with already having important information memorized or written down so they don't have to look for it, otherwise they will get stuck before they even get out of chapter 1.

That said, seen text is only seen if the file they want to get rid of is there. If they get rid of it, the game will have no record of ever having gone through any text and skip will not work without the unseen text option.

so wait
they're skipping summer, just doing a winter beach trip....
and going right to halloween?
It's almost like they're stuck in a timeloop spanning 3-5 months or something.
Not kidding, I really do think they are stuck in some time loop where minor differences occur with each repetition.

Right but you'd at least expect to go from winter to spring to summer to fall rather than going from winter to fall
Not in a time loop that doesn't encompass certain seasons. If there is no spring within the time loop, we will never see spring, it will just reset to whatever season is at the beginning of the loop. Then there's also a possibility that the loop doesn't start in the same place every time or even more than once, which could make us stuck in fall or winter or could eventually even open us up to a season that occurred prior to the initial loop start point.

The seasons are disconnected. Maya called that out before winter even started. It's been a solid year (our time) of ONLY winter.
True, there is that.

it seems to me that it is explicitly said towards the beginning of the game that there are only 2 seasons in kumon-mi (summer and winter)
I don't think that was meant literally.

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes