barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I don't think that was meant literally.
Event: Summer and Winter

Sensei asks Sana "shouldn't we go through Fall to get to Winter"
Sana responds: "There is no Fall in Kumon-Mi, just like there is no Spring. I'm surprised you haven't figured that out already."

As in "you've lived here for 30 years, how do you not know the local climate."

For our purposes, Kumon-Mi has Westerosian seasons -- it's summer until it needs to be winter, and then it's winter until it needs to be summer.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Event: Summer and Winter

Sensei asks Sana "shouldn't we go through Fall to get to Winter"
Sana responds: "There is no Fall in Kumon-Mi, just like there is no Spring. I'm surprised you haven't figured that out already."

As in "you've lived here for 30 years, how do you not know the local climate."

For our purposes, Kumon-Mi has Westerosian seasons -- it's summer until it needs to be winter, and then it's winter until it needs to be summer.
The state I used to live in, Florida, has no winter and barely any fall. It does go through all four literally just like anywhere else on Earth, but it is said that Florida only has summer and spring because it almost never gets to fall or winter temperatures due to the climate and geographical layout of the state, being a peninsula in what is more or less a tropical climate.

In the above example, it is meant figuratively to express how the temperature never seems to get out of that summer feel, meaning freaking hot and humid, but the state does go through fall and winter with the occasional dip into cold temperatures.

In contrast, my current state goes through all four pretty clearly. It definitely feels like fall where I am right now.

That's what I meant when I mentioned it not being meant literally. Kumon-Mi might still go through all four seasons, but it may be in a position that doesn't feel like it transitions through all of them. This being set in Japan does make that less likely since Japan isn't like Florida, it does go through all four pretty clearly.

Now, it very well could have been meant in the literal sense and we could very well be seeing a time loop that doesn't allow all four seasons to pass before a reset with some characters being loosely aware of this lack of certain seasons, but I'm not sure of that yet.

Reactions: DrFree

Rameron

Jul 20, 2018
Maybe it's an idiot question, but what is the difference between Part 1 and Part 2? Have its the different story? Because I played in Part 2 but the same screenshots with the same events I saw in the description of Part 1.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Maybe it's an idiot question, but what is the difference between Part 1 and Part 2? Have its the different story? Because I played in Part 2 but the same screenshots with the same events I saw in the description of Part 1.
It's more a breakdown of how Selebus divides his work. If you're downloading the full version of part 2, it includes part 1. The only time you need to worry about that is if you're downloading the update patch, which requires you to have the most recent previous release already.

omnisora

Jun 17, 2019
My own theory on Rin

Granted that her recent actions could just be relapses. But nothing in this game ever seems that cut and dry in the long-term. What jumps into my mind more are some of her scenes and her interaction with Yasu during the test of courage.

I believe that at least on some level, subconsciously or otherwise, she remembers her past version/resets, or at least the painful parts. Given that more of the girls are "remembering" more at this point with this Sensei, I think its possible for previous resets emotions to bleed-through and add to what each girl is dealing with. Rin has noticed the ticking before, so maybe she's more susceptible to it?

Similarly I'd be curious to know if there's a "timeline" in each reset, and if her worst days match up in each reset. Granted this doesn't seem as easy to prove given we only have a general sense of how much time passes each time.

Thinking along these lines made me consider what Yasu talked to Rin about before the test of courage. Yasu knows things she shouldn't, so on the surface asking "How long have you been hurting?" seems like a pretty clear case of her knowing about Rin's habits. I just now also wonder if she meant it "through" resets as well?

Just my thoughts. Goodhomie4life :D

Reactions: alex2011

Samknowsall

Jan 12, 2021
This game is too WHITE for my liking so i made a dark mod for myself which is more pleasing to my eyes. It turned out decent so thought of sharing it here.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
View attachment 1455673
Lol, i thought you were going to add a mod that gave all the girls darker skins i.e. tsunyeo. Nice mod, it really does make a difference when you see the two backgrounds next to each other.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
nozomu is his dead brother
wire god is his dead sister-in-law
hope is his child born from hooking up with his sister in law

also

yet another Halloween event, no other holiday exists in this warped space and time. I was kind of hoping for a warped Christmas event where Selebus mocks japans love for KFC or even a valentines/white day.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I visit molly at work but I miss last rin event .
i cant call rin every time .
It took me a couple of weeks trying everything else before I realized I even had Rin's number, so there may need to be a set number of days between the previous event and getting the last one.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
So, given the new update, does anyone have any theories about Tsuneyo's father?

It's clear she seems to be hiding something, Sensei talks about the smell of machines while he's there and we had the whole of that last event to add to the mindfuck.

Thoughts?

Budoop

Aug 24, 2019
Obligatory complaint about fourth wall breaks*

Really tho what I'd actually like to complain about is how I spent an hour trying to get one of the final Molly / Rin / Tsuneyo events to play before realising all I had to do was go to Tsuneyo's room.
Fuck.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Really tho what I'd actually like to complain about is how I spent an hour trying to get one of the final Molly / Rin / Tsuneyo events to play before realising all I had to do was go to Tsuneyo's room.
Fuck.
I can't get the final Molly event no matter what I do. :mad: I've completed every other event and have contacted or interacted with Molly, Tsuneyo, and Rin every way and day I can think of. I'm missing something, or some way of interacting. Spent two game weeks trying all combinations I could think of.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
yet another Halloween event, no other holiday exists in this warped space and time. I was kind of hoping for a warped Christmas event where Selebus mocks japans love for KFC or even a valentines/white day.
We've had a Christmas event.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I can't get the final Molly event no matter what I do. :mad: I've completed every other event and have contacted or interacted with Molly, Tsuneyo, and Rin every way and day I can think of. I'm missing something, or some way of interacting. Spent two game weeks trying all combinations I could think of.
It triggers in Molly's room, so either you just need to visit her until her affection is at the next multiple of 5, or there's a days-passed threshold since the previous event that I don't remember. I don't remember having to do anything special to trigger it.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
It triggers in Molly's room, so either you just need to visit her until her affection is at the next multiple of 5, or there's a days-passed threshold since the previous event that I don't remember. I don't remember having to do anything special to trigger it.
I've gone to her room but I guess it's the multiple of 5 thing. I never knew that was a thing. Since her affection is currently 213 and I'm 745 days in game (yes, I suck at game efficiency :oops: ) I figured I had those stats covered. I'll go level her up a couple and see what happens.

Thanks.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I've gone to her room but I guess it's the multiple of 5 thing. I never knew that was a thing. Since her affection is currently 213 and I'm 745 days in game (yes, I suck at game efficiency :oops: ) I figured I had those stats covered. I'll go level her up a couple and see what happens.

Thanks.
Uh, yeah, you shouldn't need anything nearly that high. I think anything over 60 is overkill.

It might be a specific day and I just got lucky.

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes