akselx

Mar 29, 2020
How can having too many affection points make you miss events? I thought you only missed events if you didn't have enough. In my latest save I grinded loads of points and didn't miss any events, did I just get lucky?
He's talking about lust scenes within event chains, mostly. If u have a plethora of affection points, this can cascade a stream of events you won't be able to stop and so u'll miss sex scenes sandwiched in between because of your lack of lust points.
the L patch is no longer relevant anymore right?
Yes.
21 part 2 was the last version that worked on correct?
Not sure.

Reactions: Riolol

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
He's talking about lust scenes within event chains, mostly. If u have a plethora of affection points, this can cascade a stream of events you won't be able to stop and so u'll miss sex scenes sandwiched in between because of your lack of lust points.

Yes.

Not sure.
Oh ok, not to sound nitpicky but that's not reallt too many affection points, it's not enough lust points. Just remember to grind both and you should be fine :)

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Oh ok, not to sound nitpicky but that's not reallt too many affection points, it's not enough lust points. Just remember to grind both and you should be fine :)
U can frame it either way just fine. U have too many affection so events trigger before u farm enough lust, or u have too little of lust points, so you miss scenes when event chain triggers.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Having to farm Lust points really takes the magic away...
I'd argue that "magic" of LiL is in the story, characters and music. So farming points, whatever it's affection of lust, doesn't bother me personally.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
the L patch is no longer relevant anymore right? 21 part 2 was the last version that worked on correct?
That's a bit murky atm.
But you should by no means apply a patch or play something that seems to require a patch.

I played the "compressed" version +patch. It looked like 0.23p2. But it broke down completely around the beach event.

The full version is quite chubby. But it looks fine so far.
Recently I declined a suggestion to wait for the update.
Now I'd give it myself ;)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
How can having too many affection points make you miss events? I thought you only missed events if you didn't have enough. In my latest save I grinded loads of points and didn't miss any events, did I just get lucky?
Affection is the primary trigger for the main events, having enough can trigger any main event without a second trigger automatically and that can cascade into multiple main events, which leaves no room for grinding lust because you don't have control if it does cascade. There are several points where lust events are connected to a main event, happening automatically with that main event if you have the required lust, so if you go into the connected main event without the required lust, you guarantee missing the lust event.

There are also some triggers for missing events directly tied to certain characters without having to make a choice, which means you may miss character events because the affection was high enough to trigger another event that blocks certain other character events.

the L patch is no longer relevant anymore right? 21 part 2 was the last version that worked on correct?
That's a bit murky atm.
But you should by no means apply a patch or play something that seems to require a patch.

I played the "compressed" version +patch. It looked like 0.23p2. But it broke down completely around the beach event.

The full version is quite chubby. But it looks fine so far.
Recently I declined a suggestion to wait for the update.
Now I'd give it myself ;)
It will not be needed going into the next version as there will no longer be separated content for the sake of following pay site rules. The huggy boy version, that is what the censored one was called, is now long dead.

Yes.

Not sure.
Exactly

U can frame it either way just fine. U have too many affection so events trigger before u farm enough lust, or u have too little of lust points, so you miss scenes when event chain triggers.
Correct, though it really is the affection because you would still be able to grind the lust without the cascade effect the affection can create if too high. If the lack of lust was the central cause, it could at least be remedied by grinding, but the cause is the cascade effect from the affection, which does not allow for grinding

I'd argue that "magic" of LiL is in the story, characters and music. So farming points, whatever it's affection of lust, doesn't bother me personally.
Mostly the characters and story, the music is really well chosen, but I wouldn't call it part of the magic, more like an aid to the other two given that they were existing works that Selebus just chose based on what fit as far as I can tell.

Deserved it for what?
Don't engage with this shizo.
I agree with Akselx here, don't engage. I foolishly tried in good faith as I would with anyone who has not shown signs that it wouldn't be a good idea, at least to me, it lasted a page and a half of just back and forth, some of it not making sense and risking thread derailment.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Affection is the primary trigger for the main events, having enough can trigger any main event without a second trigger automatically and that can cascade into multiple main events, which leaves no room for grinding lust because you don't have control if it does cascade. There are several points where lust events are connected to a main event, happening automatically with that main event if you have the required lust, so if you go into the connected main event without the required lust, you guarantee missing the lust event.
This isn't really accurate. The event chains aren't triggered by having affection, they're triggered by completing events. Beach 1, which was the first event chain with missable lust events, required the completion of a vast swathe of character events. Similarly Halloween, Christmas, Dorm Wars, and the 2nd iteration of those. If you're playing the game patch-to-patch, you will never boot up the game and get launched into a main event chain unless you've finished all the content in the past, in which case your problem still isn't affection, it's just which events you've completed.

Here's a cheat sheet of lust-based content per event chain, with what lust level you need to not miss anything:
Beach 1: Lust 10, Ami/Ayane/Futaba (Futaba's isn't a full event, just additional dialogue in an event)
Halloween 1: Lust 10, Sara/Haruka
Christmas 1: Lust 10, Chika/Futaba
Dorm Wars: Lust 15, Ayane+Kirin/Futaba
3rd Reset: Lust 15, Ami
Beach 2: Lust 20, Kirin/Chika/Makoto
Halloween 2: Lust 20, Ami
Christmas 2: Lust 20, Ayane/Sara+Haruka/Kirin

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
This isn't really accurate. The event chains aren't triggered by having affection, they're triggered by completing events. Beach 1, which was the first event chain with missable lust events, required the completion of a vast swathe of character events. Similarly Halloween, Christmas, Dorm Wars, and the 2nd iteration of those. If you're playing the game patch-to-patch, you will never boot up the game and get launched into a main event chain unless you've finished all the content in the past, in which case your problem still isn't affection, it's just which events you've completed.

Here's a cheat sheet of lust-based content per event chain, with what lust level you need to not miss anything:
Beach 1: Lust 10, Ami/Ayane/Futaba (Futaba's isn't a full event, just additional dialogue in an event)
Events which are triggered by having affection. It doesn't matter what events you complete before the target event, the one to avoid certain circumstances with, if you don't have the affection as it then won't trigger just as if you didn't complete the prerequisite events.

Meet the prerequisite event requirement, which most people who run into missed events do, and all that extra affection becomes a bad thing (Example: Schadenfreude, even though you do have to willingly go to the location, it is easy to meet the prerequisite event requirement, literally just seeing the Chika event before it, and still go into it with enough affection to trigger it without any further grinding after seeing the prerequisite event, making going to the location the only failsafe from becoming a bad homie to Rin later).

This has actually been a complaint of a few since the beginning, not including me as I find these event cascades fairly easy to avoid, when those few missed certain events, ranging from Rin's early events to lust events connected to main events later in the story.

Reactions: akselx

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021

What a helpful guy. We need more of this

• Red Heart
Reactions: moodle

Takerial

Jul 10, 2020
Events which are triggered by having affection. It doesn't matter what events you complete before the target event, the one to avoid certain circumstances with, if you don't have the affection as it then won't trigger just as if you didn't complete the prerequisite events.

Meet the prerequisite event requirement, which most people who run into missed events do, and all that extra affection becomes a bad thing (Example: Schadenfreude, even though you do have to willingly go to the location, it is easy to meet the prerequisite event requirement, literally just seeing the Chika event before it, and still go into it with enough affection to trigger it without any further grinding after seeing the prerequisite event, making going to the location the only failsafe from becoming a bad homie to Rin later).

This has actually been a complaint of a few since the beginning, not including me as I find these event cascades fairly easy to avoid, when those few missed certain events, ranging from Rin's early events to lust events connected to main events later in the story.
Except you can easily avoid those situations as they are not only affection based, they are location based in those situations.

So far, there is no situation where you can't grind up lust even if affection is high before triggering the cascade of events.

And the extra affection isn't the problem of Schadenfreude. It's a problem of triggering the event too early. Which you can avoid by simply not going to Chika's Room if you meet the requirements.

You don't even need to trigger the prior Chika event to Schadenfreude to trigger the beach events if you want to make sure you don't accidentally trigger Schadenfreude.

The only reason you should accidentally trigger it is if you're not aware of what triggering it will do.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Except you can easily avoid those situations as they are not only affection based, they are location based in those situations.

So far, there is no situation where you can't grind up lust even if affection is high before triggering the cascade of events.

And the extra affection isn't the problem of Schadenfreude. It's a problem of triggering the event too early. Which you can avoid by simply not going to Chika's Room if you meet the requirements.

You don't even need to trigger the prior Chika event to Schadenfreude to trigger the beach events if you want to make sure you don't accidentally trigger Schadenfreude.

The only reason you should accidentally trigger it is if you're not aware of what triggering it will do.
Huh? Aren't first beach event triggers automatically as soon as meet the requirements? I could be wrong, it's been awhile.

Takerial

Jul 10, 2020
Huh? Aren't first beach event triggers automatically as soon as meet the requirements? I could be wrong, it's been awhile.
Yes, as soon as you meet the requirements. Which requires certain events to have transpired.

So if you hold of on triggering even one of the events, like Molly's The Dark Entity event for example, you won't trigger What's Done is Done which is the start of the Beach Trip which means you can grind up lust values if you need to.

This applies to all of the automatic progression events like the other parties.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Yes, as soon as you meet the requirements. Which requires certain events to have transpired.

So if you hold of on triggering even one of the events, like Molly's The Dark Entity event for example, you won't trigger What's Done is Done which is the start of the Beach Trip which means you can grind up lust values if you need to.

This applies to all of the automatic progression events like the other parties.
So what you're saying is if u don't grind and accumulate too much affection points, u won't trigger the even chain and possibly miss sex scene if your lust points aren't high enough?

1656711791862.gif

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes