alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, Miko was an error on my part. I get the story is important in this one it just seems like the balance between the lewd content and story is very uneven. The characters I mentioned are just the starting cast that I could remember and he has added how many more? It just seems like that content is moving at a snails pace and I am generally very patent with that sort of thing. One last question then I'll stop bugging you. Is it the same situation with the rest of the characters that have been added. I don't even know how many there are now but reading the changelogs since I last played seems to have added quite a lot of them, for whatever reason.
It's supposed to be, lewd content in this game is treated like what it is, side content. Basically every character is getting the same treatment, wherever they are meant to have lewds, they will, but any character that hasn't reached that point won't. So, for example, Yumi would make very little sense right now given her...position on Sensei, but Ayane, Noriko, or Kirin make sense to have lewds right now because of how they are in the story when it comes to him (that doesn't necessarily translate to they SHOULD have lewds now, just that it would make sense if Selebus added lewds at this point for those three given their attitude toward Sensei is extremely positive). Then we go to Miku and Sana, who just aren't quite prepared to take that step themselves as of the latest build, so they also make little sense to have lewds at this point, at least that they themselves consented to.

Also, for the record, it's no bother, I am happy to help answer anything I can. Just keep in mind some exact details might be a little fuzzy in my memory since I have been holding off until the rework is done.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Well, thanks for your responses. I guess I'll have to have a think about if it's something I want to try again. I personally didn't have any real problems with the story but at the same time it never really grabbed me either. But that being said I was never a huge fan of the MC so we'll see.

Reactions: alex2011

Takerial

Jul 10, 2020
I have been debating giving this another shot. Seeing the UI/QOL improvements may tip the scales for me. It was one of my biggest gripes about it before. Also has there been any progress at all with Sana or Miku?. I was checking back with every update but he seems to have been ignoring, well everyone really, except for the same handful of LIs. Has that changed at all or should I wait another year. Not saying that to be bitchy, it's literally been longer than that since I last played.
If you're talking sexually.

Sana - No

Miku - Yes

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Well, thanks for your responses. I guess I'll have to have a think about if it's something I want to try again. I personally didn't have any real problems with the story but at the same time it never really grabbed me either. But that being said I was never a huge fan of the MC so we'll see.
Yeah, I hate him with a passion, which is the intent really. Selebus kind of turned the whole 'get into the MC's shoes' thing on its head by giving us an MC that we would find it real hard to like.

Reactions: youman and Skeltom

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Thanks for the blur. That's kind of shitty to read though. It seems it's still a case of all aren't equal even after all this time. It looks like I'll be waiting even longer. Thanks for the reply. So is it still just Futaba, Miko, Ami, Chika, Makoto and Ayane? Like it has been for ages with everyone else being ignored. Oh, and the three milfy types, I don't remember their names off the top of my head.
Characters with consensual sex scenes at this point in the game are Chika, Ayane, Makoto, Miku, Futaba, Ami, Maya but only sort of, Kirin, Sara, Haruka, Maki, and Niki. Molly has nonconsensual sexual content.

Given that the next chapter of the game is called "Hateful Summer", which was the original name of the project that became Lessons in Love and which was originally slated to be a mindbreak rape game, I suspect the number of characters with nonconsensual sexual content is due for an increase.

GR1MM

Nov 6, 2019
Well, it was a long ago since last update, I saw deleted P****on page, so could any of you kind people tell me what's happened? I just don't know, maybe smth wrong with Sel? My sinceriest wishes to be okay

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Well, it was a long ago since last update, I saw deleted P****on page, so could any of you kind people tell me what's happened? I just don't know, maybe smth wrong with Sel? My sinceriest wishes to be okay
Yes, Sel got ligma
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. Doctor did what they could, but it weren't enough.
Patreon threw a fit over content in game, so Sel made a censored version specifically for them. It went ok for a couple of months, but eventually Patreon banned LiL for good.
Game went on planned (although somewhat postponed because of Patreon stuff) hiatus after this to redo chapter 1 to reflect Sel's upgraded since the start of development skills.
Redesigned chapter uno will be available 14.07 for subs, chapter 3 will start in august.

Reactions: moodle and alex2011

buff

May 29, 2017
I was checking back with every update but he seems to have been ignoring, well everyone really, except for the same handful of LIs.
There is a certain amount of focus, but that's pretty understandable- a year in you'd still be in "early flirting" stage with 20 girls instead of having sex with a few.

buff

May 29, 2017
I get the story is important in this one it just seems like the balance between the lewd content and story is very uneven.
There's probably going to be even less lewd content after the ch1 rework :-/

It is a great story, absolutely, but I'd like to see the sexual content progress. If I just wanted to read a good story I'd read a great book and save a shitload of hard drive space.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
There's probably going to be even less lewd content after the ch1 rework :-/

It is a great story, absolutely, but I'd like to see the sexual content progress. If I just wanted to read a good story I'd read a great book and save a shitload of hard drive space.
Yes and no, more like it will happen at a slower pace. The purpose of the rework was to slow down the pacing, especially in regards to how quickly some girls threw themselves at you.

• Sad
Reactions: HansDampf788

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Need to edit that "updates twice a month" thing off the front page...
Not really, as this abnormally long waiting period for an update is:

1) An anomaly
2) Clearly communicated
3) Will not happen again for the foreseeable future, if ever.

Also, great banners. I love both of those games. And just in case you didn't know, the creator of OnceInALIfetime is making a new game called Eternum, which is really awesome.:)

Reactions: akselx and alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Not really, as this abnormally long waiting period for an update is:

1) An anomaly
2) Clearly communicated
3) Will not happen again for the foreseeable future, if ever.

Also, great banners. I love both of those games. And just in case you didn't know, the creator of OnceInALIfetime is making a new game called Eternum, which is really awesome.:)
Not sure about #3 as this technically isn't the first update to not follow the twice a month schedule, just the only one to take more than a month by design.

Still, I agree that the twice a month thing is still accurate because the majority of updates after this will be twice a month even with any further occasional single release system updates, where there is only one update in that month due to the complexity or tedium of something.

At least until such time as the new standard of quality being worked into the early game now becomes less than the current one at some point in the future and the game ends up going through another rework. Not a high possibility, but the possibility of a second rework is there assuming the game goes all the way up to completion given how much longer we have in development (we're not that far in based on what has been said of the intended length and where we are now).

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
it has been awhile, computer died on me and it took 6 months to fix, looks like alot happened to LiL in that time... cant wait to get caught up

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
it has been awhile, computer died on me and it took 6 months to fix, looks like alot happened to LiL in that time... cant wait to get caught up
I'd recommend waiting to play this all over again until the next update, which won't be far away. It's an endless amount of improvements and it'll improve the experience by a long way

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
I am aware. 57% or some such on the next update. It's actually the next tab over. Wait, I lied, HHG is the next one, Eternum is the one after that.
Weird to compare Selebus, who for the last three months has been consistently posting specific dates, progress milestones reached, preview screenshots of the work he's completed, and even playable builds, to people who have been super vague and noncommunicative about what they're doing and whose stuff isn't seeing the light of day. The release date is next week.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I'd recommend waiting to play this all over again until the next update, which won't be far away. It's an endless amount of improvements and it'll improve the experience by a long way
well it seems like its only 5 updates I missed. I'm going to play it as is because I'm a bit sceptical as to what will be changed in the remake. seems selebus's usual schedule got shot. but he was talking about doing a remake 6 months ago so that probably took up a decent part of his time, also read how patreon tried to kill his work like everyone warned him would happen. glad he got away from that toxic site... I guess unless he went back to it.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: LooLoo Baloo

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I am aware. 57% or some such on the next update. It's actually the next tab over. Wait, I lied, HHG is the next one, Eternum is the one after that.
Weird to compare Selebus, who for the last three months has been consistently posting specific dates, progress milestones reached, preview screenshots of the work he's completed, and even playable builds, to people who have been super vague and noncommunicative about what they're doing and whose stuff isn't seeing the light of day. The release date is next week.
Huh? Both Eternum and HHG update development status regularly though. HHG not so regularly, it's a unique situation, but Eternum have a standard for hight quality games development cycle of 3-4 or so months between updates and they fill that progress bar consistently.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
This aint no Radiant

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes