crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
It's also possible that Maya was actually the one who killed herself
And Sensei created this world to keep her around (or Ami created this world to keep everyone around, since after Maya bit the dust, Sensei may have followed suit, and then maybe Ayane.)
I subscribe to the theory that Akira killed himself by jumping off the building, that Maya shortly thereafter killed herself in her dorm room by hanging, Ami found both their bodies in rapid succession and *magic happens*

Still working on that last part :HideThePain: We know there's a bunch of gods floating around here but lots of pieces missing as to why those specific characters and how they completely relate.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I subscribe to the theory that Akira killed himself by jumping off the building, that Maya shortly thereafter killed herself in her dorm room by hanging, Ami found both their bodies in rapid succession and *magic happens*

Still working on that last part :HideThePain: We know there's a bunch of gods floating around here but lots of pieces missing as to why those specific characters and how they completely relate.
I'm starting to lean towards the various suicides being referenced in the game (roof jumping, hanging, etc) all happened after the loops began, and the "magic happens" actually leads this all off, and might have it's point of origin in the accident that killed Sekai.

When we Jump at the beginning, (and again later on), or when we see Maya hanging, we're not seeing how things began, we're seeing how earlier loops ended.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Oh, so maya hang herself after a few resets because she just couldnt take it anymore. Yeah, i like that idea.
Consider that time Maya tells the story of Altair and Vega -- two starcrossed lovers who can only spend time together for a brief moment before being seperated again. That's Maya and Sensei. Maya went the dozens, if not hundreds, of version of Not-Sensei before a version of him became whole enough that he could accept the truth of their relationship, but then she broke.

Before that, Sensei had probably endured the same thing for dozens, if not hundreds, of iterations of Maya.

And before that, a different Maya...etc, etc, etc

This is why there are so many Mayas in Sensei's subconcious (the happy scenes), and Maya very likely has hundreds of different Sensei's in hers.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Consider that time Maya tells the story of Altair and Vega -- two starcrossed lovers who can only spend time together for a brief moment before being seperated again. That's Maya and Sensei. Maya went the dozens, if not hundreds, of version of Not-Sensei before a version of him became whole enough that he could accept the truth of their relationship, but then she broke.

Before that, Sensei had probably endured the same thing for dozens, if not hundreds, of iterations of Maya.

This is why there are so many Mayas in Sensei's subconcious (the happy scenes), and Maya very likely has hundreds of different Sensei's in hers.
I like this. Remember the dorm war event where Maya goes into the room that's supposed to scare her, and she's terrified? It would be interesting if she somehow saw behind the curtain how many times she herself had died.

I bet she expected that she was really the First Maya, because she would have no memory of being reset. So to see that no, even if you've been through ten thousand resets, you're not even the first Maya to have done this, that would really fuck you up.

Again, obviously this is all HEAVY speculation based on nothing concrete, but it's fun to theory craft a bit again. Better than stupid-ass waifu wars, in any case.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
I like this. Remember the dorm war event where Maya goes into the room that's supposed to scare her, and she's terrified? It would be interesting if she somehow saw behind the curtain how many times she herself had died.

I bet she expected that she was really the First Maya, because she would have no memory of being reset. So to see that no, even if you've been through ten thousand resets, you're not even the first Maya to have done this, that would really fuck you up.

Again, obviously this is all HEAVY speculation based on nothing concrete, but it's fun to theory craft a bit again. Better than stupid-ass waifu wars, in any case.
Tsuneyo suggested that Maya's memories had been altered during the sleepover, and Maya didn't seem to react like she had already seen evidence of that.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018

You know, when i think about the idea, that this isnt the first time akira came back or maya got reseted during the loops. The story of altair and vega becomes a whole different meaning. One that hasnt to do with maya, but with nikki. Because if all of thise stuff happens before, we can assume that the other school disapearing in a sinkhole also has happened before. So the two lovers who can only spend tome together for a brief moment would be akira and nikki. Something that might happen once every million loops just to get a random number out.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
You know, when i think about the idea, that this isnt the first time akira came back or maya got reseted during the loops. The story of altair and vega becomes a whole different meaning. One that hasnt to do with maya, but with nikki. Because if all of thise stuff happens before, we can assume that the other school disapearing in a sinkhole also has happened before. So the two lovers who can only spend tome together for a brief moment would be akira and nikki. Something that might happen once every million loops just to get a random number out.
Akira is Nikki's 'one true love', Nikki is not his, not by a long shot.

Reactions: Pedro4545454

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Yeah? Then how come when she called him by his name we actually got is name and not just another blackout?
The Akita can normally hear its name from anyone, before it blocked this due to the Sekai trauma. His name has nothing to do with how much he loves someone.

His name only matters at the exact moment he tells someone because it shows that Akira cares a little about that person, otherwise it doesn't matter much because he can hear his name from anyone.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
He learned his name from her. Just after she called him by his name that akira actually became part of the story. No one else was able to do this.
I understand what you mean, but your previous comment makes it seem like Akira only hears his name when someone he loves says his name. This is not true.All Nikki did was free Akira from the chains of his mind that he put on himself.

So I repeat what Nikki did was very important for Akira's character, but Akira can hear his name nowadays normally no matter who says it.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I understand what you mean, but your previous comment makes it seem like Akira only hears his name when someone he loves says his name. This is not true.All Nikki did was free Akira from the chains of his mind that he put on himself.

So I repeat what Nikki did was very important for Akira's character, but Akira can hear his name nowadays normally no matter who says it.
He can now. But he couldnt until Nikki said it.

Edit: And that is the whole point. She was the key. No one else in how the fuck knows how many resets did it.

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes