DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I'm worried about Chinami.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In conclusion: buy giraffes.
Chika's reaction would probably be something like this:
Except way worse, considering that's just what happens if you try to get her to call Sensei "Chinami" sexually.

Also considering Chinami's link to information, and how she's somewhat undergoing constant maintenance to stay functional, I can definitely see her being related to The Wire god/The Calm/The Tree-like Computer-like god, since it even seems implied to be in The Old District like Chinami is. (Tsuneyo's father who shares these similarities could be a red herring)

I also find it sickeningly ironic that a god might take the form of a child to win over a pedo...

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Actually, I just realized that there's 3 gods, 3 chapters, and each chapter introduced a wizard, so now there's 3 wizards, and there's also 3 moons.. on top of currently 3 characters that can make it to the rooftop, and Sensei seemed to have 3 love interests pre resets, etc.

Yasu(?) really wasn't kidding:
Also there might be 3 seasons soon.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Actually, I just realized that there's 3 gods, 3 chapters, and each chapter introduced a wizard, so now there's 3 wizards, and there's also 3 moons.. on top of currently 3 characters that can make it to the rooftop, and Sensei seemed to have 3 love interests pre resets, etc.

I definitely see a pattern here.

Reactions: LuisD and DeSkel15

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
If it is accurate to real world Japan, where Kumon-Mi is based off of, the Japanese school year starts in April. Here's the thing, though, we don't know how far into the school year they were at the start. It never mentions the first day in game being the first day of the school year. Even if it did start in April as in real Japan, it could be a couple weeks in or even a different month when the game starts. The odd seasons also don't help much to figure it out.
We can guesstimate based on a few factors.
1) Chapters end around Christmas/New Years, and a change of seasons follows. This is also likely the end of the loop.
2) Chapters span a period of two resets.
3) Per Maya, resets happen roughly quarterly, so 3 months, give or take a couple of weeks.
4) The class is familiar with Sensei at the start of the game. Enough so that his shift in teaching style is identified immediatley as out of character. We also have Makoto, who's become impressed with his intelligence. This is clearly not the first month of the school year.

I think the game starts in July, stretches over the Christmas, sometimes going as far as into the first week of January, and then skips back to July.

This gives us ideal beach season, Halloween, and Christmas. I believe this also covers every character whose birthday is actually mentioned as an in-game thing that happens (rather than a nebulous day that happens offscreen).

But the span isn't consistent. Maya acts like her birthday doesn't happen often, and chapter 1 seemed to skip it entirely.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
1) Chapters end around Christmas/New Years, and a change of seasons follows. This is also likely the end of the loop.
3) Per Maya, resets happen roughly quarterly, so 3 months, give or take a couple of weeks.
4) The class is familiar with Sensei at the start of the game. Enough so that his shift in teaching style is identified immediatley as out of character. We also have Makoto, who's become impressed with his intelligence. This is clearly not the first month of the school year.

I think the game starts in July, stretches over the Christmas, sometimes going as far as into the first week of January, and then skips back to July.

This gives us ideal beach season, Halloween, and Christmas. I believe this also covers every character whose birthday is actually mentioned as an in-game thing that happens (rather than a nebulous day that happens offscreen).

But the span isn't consistent. Maya acts like her birthday doesn't happen often, and chapter 1 seemed to skip it entirely.
Chapter 1 didn't seem to make it to Christmas as the first (and second) happens in Chapter 2.

Maya seems to usually just go alone on her bday, so it does seem to be something that's common, albeit the resets themselves aren't set in stone:

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

The only thing this reminds me of is
1695397054823.png
:ROFLMAO:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, Selebus is a Fernando Alonso fan, the 33th is coming home
I was thinking more along the lines of either a behind the scenes reference, like how the Halo series has always had an obsession with the number seven and makes tons of references throughout the games, or potentially a reversal of a certain Latin phrase, Omne trium perfectum, “everything that comes in threes is perfect.” Sel has been known to use foreign languages in the past. Notice that it talks about perfection, something that runs counter to this game. Reverse that and you have imperfection, which can be seen as bad things happening.

This was my point with the weird seasons, we could guess based on when certain things like holidays happen, but remember that the seasons are all out of whack, they are so messed up that this may actually prove unreliable and backfire on the guess we make, pointing us in a completely wrong direction.

On the teaching style, now this is potentially identifying. Their familiarity suggests they've been around him a while, this isn't their first day or the early part of the school year when they are still getting used to him.

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Reactions: WICKED9999

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
We sacrifice DeSkel15 and fdasdf_p under the notion that we are allowed to finally understand maya and the nori sisters.

Everything is now a dice roll. Please correct this timeline so i don't have to think.
I'm beginning to think I'm just sacrifice-able. Not even the first time I've been sacrificed today.

Also let's hope it's not Rin's dice that is being rolled.. fives, fives everywhere:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I was thinking more along the lines of either a behind the scenes reference, like how the Halo series has always had an obsession with the number seven and makes tons of references throughout the games, or potentially a reversal of a certain Latin phrase, Omne trium perfectum, “everything that comes in threes is perfect.” Sel has been known to use foreign languages in the past. Notice that it talks about perfection, something that runs counter to this game. Reverse that and you have imperfection, which can be seen as bad things happening.
Sel does the number 7 thing too.
There are a lot of places where the number seven or it's tenfolds are used where it seems mildly strange.
For example Wakana say's something like "I'll punch him 700 times".

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
Hello there, I'm here to provide your daily dose of semi-schizoid and probably wrong connections. Today, we examine two of the recurring flowers in the story: sunflowers (often connected to Sekai) and daisies (connected to the Shapeshifter).
In flower language, the sunflower represents: 1695426857464.png
As for daisies:
1695426903471.png

That's all for today folks, see ya probably when the next patch drops

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Hello there, I'm here to provide your daily dose of semi-schizoid and probably wrong connections. Today, we examine two of the recurring flowers in the story: sunflowers (often connected to Sekai) and daisies (connected to the Shapeshifter).
In flower language, the sunflower represents: View attachment 2949452
As for daisies:
View attachment 2949453

That's all for today folks, see ya probably when the next patch drops
Considering Sekai sung a song about "Daisy" to Ami:
And the Shapeshifter mentioned being Sensei's "little sunflower":
I think they are both connected to daisies and sunflowers and eachother. Still, that wouldn't change what the flowers tend to represent, and like the Shapeshifter and Sekai, the flowers are technically apart of the same family (if the Shapeshifter is actually Sensei's daughter of course).

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
Aren't daisies connected to Sekai too?

Also always seemed weird to me why she used to sang that song to Ami (the one that goes "daisy daisy, give me your answer do"), and the fact that it was the first song ever singed by pc in real world, and how the game seems to be like in a simulation with all of the "user1" "user2" "terminal 23" and stuff

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes