Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I don't think Futaba is a fan favorite like Yumi, tbh. Yumi has always been popular from what I recall, so, like in real life, if you're popular enough, you can get away with anything.
I think this is a rather interesting topic. Because I feel like it's more of a "problem" (or maybe simply the intent) with the way the story is written. Futaba is just not a compelling character, as it has been pointed out by many people here, as well as herself and Akira. For instance, Io shares some traits with Futaba in her extreme lack of self-worth, yet Io is highly compelling.

Yumi bullies Futaba many times over, but that's just in the beginning which is then followed by "The Town has Two Halves" which radically changes our perception of her forever. I don't think it would be a stretch to say that we all feel some sort of collective guilt or pity for what has been done to her.

Then what happens? Yumi steadily grows, shows her affection for Akira at increasing rates, has a compelling emotional turmoil about liking a person that forced himself on her, has to endure being cucked by Chika constantly, either by being present or having to take care of Chinami for her best friend to have sex with the man she likes, gets in touch with her mom, gets a job, gets into the apocalypse squad, and not to count saving Akira so many times.

What about Futaba? (...) Her parents are architects and she writes an interesting horror story. Other than that, there's the stuff about Nodoka writing her book, but we already had Ayane's list of people that Akira was sleeping with, and her being assaulted by Kirin, which both served a similar purpose, way before this and were way more compelling too. Futaba just always feels to me like too little and too late. She could have known about what Nodoka did "in her name" and had something interesting happen out of that, but we were denied that too.

In fact there's so little about her that being bullied by Yumi is one of her defining traits and that hasn't happened since chapter 1.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I think Yandere's are way better... Does this game have any yandere other than Chika?
Most girls in this game are Yandere, imo. Mentally ill and "in love". Quite a few of these girls have threatened to kill someone at some point, or implied they would.

Maya Prime seemed to be the only one (besides Ayane) implied to have an actual kill count, in her timeline, though:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
She's a responsible adult and is trying to stop this kid from falling for her before it grows (unlike another adult in the series).
Hey, don't badmouth Rika like that...
But why was she so harsh with her? If she wasn't, we could've cucked her :(

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
She's a responsible adult and is trying to stop this kid from falling for her before it grows (unlike another adult in the series).
Also because Otoha assaulted her, she was gracious enough to had them both forget about it, and Otoha insisted on a later event - even though, by now, it's pretty clear to her that Niki has been in love with Akira since forever and been saving herself for him in every shape and form.

Niki hasn't reacted strongly enough in my opinion.

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
Oh look, Nodoka being a fucking disgusting scumbrain again but this time to Io. Geezus tap dancing christ girl read the fucking room.

I mean, I get Nodoka's role as the "super genius" and "mega big-brain" of the series, but IRL she would be the biggest fucking autist. Like you cannot read this and not instantly have your immersion broken right :LOL:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I mean, I get Nodoka's role as the "super genius" and "mega big-brain" of the series, but IRL she would be the biggest fucking autist. Like you cannot read this and not instantly have your immersion broken right :LOL:
I have had the unfortunate gift of having met people very similar to this though (that did similar or worse things for seemingly no reason, which is more scary than out of malice - which I have also seen). Teenagers can be really screwed up in the head.

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
I have had the unfortunate gift of having met people very similar to this though (that did similar or worse things for seemingly no reason, which is more scary than out of malice - which I have also seen). Teenagers can be really screwed up in the head.
"Hmm... so you dislike being with other people? You must have been RAPED."

- Nodoka Nagasawa, 2024

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
"Hmm... so you dislike being with other people? You must have been RAPED."

- Nodoka Nagasawa, 2024
It is something most of us assumed about Io and before anyone says Nodoka doesn't know what we know, I'd say that book of hers implies otherwise.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
My original question is “Did Pareidolia impersonate USER2 and cause the Molly incident?”, something I think you implied to be possible to a certain degree if I am not mistaken.
(and I am gonna refer to Pareidolia as "he" later on because typing it constantly feels extremely awkward lol)

If the answer to my question is yes, that means Pareidolia was constantly lying about his situation and what he can do. Not just during Molly incident, he'd be lying every time he said "as the days go by, I become stronger", “the most I’ve spoken… probably ever” during Ad Infinitum, and the “this is my first time trying this” during Paranoid.

If he is lying during all of that, the follow up questions to someone lying are “What for?” and “To whom?”, and this is the part I remain unconvinced.

Why lying about being his first time throwing millions of affection point and not admitting to his doing in Lavender's Green if he has no problem admitting his shenanigans against Karin? Why lying about his still growing power when it apparently can already get Molly raped? And why lying not to Sensei, but to viewers by using the name USER2?

He will not need to lull Sensei into picking him if he was already this capable. He will not need to say "oh that's actually not me" to what happened in Lavender's Green if he is apparently now this capable in the new chapter; he doesn't have a reason to keep lying (he could've pulled a "It was me! Dio! Parold E Dolia" on Sensei but he didn't). Most importantly, he did not need to pretend to be USER2 if no one other than the viewers can be deceived. Sensei wasn't the target of that proposed deceit because he couldn't even properly figure out who did that anyway. Sensei could only assume it was HOPE, the CAPSLOCK guy, because HOPE was the one that gave him the ultimatum. Sensei would’ve kept misunderstanding anyway had he not had asked, so there was essentially no one to lie to except for the viewers.

I could take more steps back and ponder what motives Pareidolia could have to answer each of my doubt, but just gaslighting Sensei is not strong enough of an argument. The only lie Pareidolia needed to tell was to convince Sensei that he is "a friend", that he is "on his side" in the form of false promises to maybe pull Sensei closer and have him choose the "right god". Pareidolia's plan to will work without any impersonation.

tldr is that without further decisive evidences, the whole pretending to be USER2 scenario remains something that involves an overly elaborate plot and an unnecessary stunt on Pareidolia's end to either achieve some very elusive goals or to fool no one in the game but our keen eyes; meanwhile assuming whoever got Molly raped back then being just a different god is much more straightforward and requires a lot less assumptions.

Pareidolia seems to likely just be gaslighting. Only Pareidolia has claimed others did this.

First it claims it was USER2 (caps lock guy), then says USER2 wanted Sensei to think it was HOPE (which doesn't make much sense at all), then says they all do everything, and that thinking about it, makes it not make sense... after it bragged about it's power, which according to it, is something they all could do, which makes bragging seem a little pointless.

It's basically just saying "it wasn't me, but don't think about it, and make sure to blame the others".
1715825581724.png
I agree all of this is not easy to interpret, but this is not a proof to "Pareidolia is instead the one that got Molly raped". I could argue that /////guy IS the culprit, and the whole "/////guy wanted you to think it was the caps lock guy" (an proposed incentive of Wire god told by Pareidolia) was the gaslighting part and should not be taken seriously.

1715825751897.png
This I am guessing is because Sensei worded the question incorrectly. Sensei wanted to know who exactly was the one that kept telling him to rape his students during Chapter 3 (the expected answer here is HOPE). But if Pareidolia read his question as "which one of you want me to take something that doesn't belong to you?" then the answer is unmistakably all of them. And all of them do everything to get their fills.

edit: my mistake; I realize I was the one that quoted this dialogue to begin with. You were just saying this might not be trustworthy or should not be interpreted too literally, which I agree.

The only one that's actually shown it can and would do this, is Pareidolia. It can apparently do most things. Even before it's season, it showed that it could change appearance and the way it communicated:
I understand this is the source of your theory, that you’re interpreting these occasions where Pareidolia spoke in USER2 fashions as, by extension, being capable of impersonating USER2 and doing shenanigans under USER2's name. From what I am seeing, this could be his attempt to reach out to Sensei during Wire god's season when he wasn't that capable of many things, and nothing more.

Besides, if Pareidolia really could go full impersonation based on these scenes, he didn't need to still talk in ////lower case instead of the proper ////CAPSLOCK during Abyss and Ad Infinitum. I understand that without those lower cases we as the players would never figured out that this was in fact a different god, but according to what you said this would be exactly what Pareidolia would have wanted.

It doesn't seem able to actually affect the stats of the girls, at least. Just pretend it does, like how something pretended it did with Molly, and recently Karin.
Molly did feel kinda weird all of a sudden as soon as Sensei threw his 6M MOLLY POINTS on her. Though this was drunk Molly so my argument is weak as hell, still this at best can only prove that the tricks done on Molly and Karin are the same; it can't prove that the users of the tricks are the same.

Last edited:

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
Yeah if Pareidolia is really the one behind the moments Sensei turns into a full on fucking predator, then he's absolutely more vile to me than even HOPE is.

I will say it again - POOR KARIN

Welp, now I join you all in the waiting room! I have girl events still to do but main event wise, I have crawled my way here xD

Last edited:

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
I don't how to ask this question, but..
What the fuck is happening in late chapter 3

Aug 20, 2021
Welp, now I join you all in the waiting room! I have girl events still to do but main event wise, I have crawled my way here xD

Oh just wait... You're about to enter the 0.40 content (the current build), and I won't spoil it, but... lots of interesting stuff is ahead.

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
It is something most of us assumed about Io and before anyone says Nodoka doesn't know what we know, I'd say that book of hers implies otherwise.
Again, only works because the story has set her up to be nearly omniscient. But ofc it's hard to justify so they give some super shitty "logic" to show how Nodoka arrived at that conclusion.

Just all around bad writing and the dialogue especially at that part is really stupid.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Again, only works because the story has set her up to be nearly omniscient. But ofc it's hard to justify so they give some super shitty "logic" to show how Nodoka arrived at that conclusion.

Just all around bad writing and the dialogue especially at that part is really stupid.
Depending on how it goes, Nodoka's blackmail of Yumi will fail. She also doesn't seem to anticipate Futaba's reaction to what she does if I recall correctly. I think there is a level of omniscience in relation to the quiz, but that's more for laughs than anything. Story-wise I think Nodoka can be wrong a lot of the times, especially in relation to people's reactions, she just doesn't really care.

Even the book is a good example, it was never about getting everything right, just for it to be similar enough that her objective is accomplished. I would assume the same thing is true in Io's case, she just took a shot to what would be the most fucked up possibility that would explain her behavior. Even if she missed, some damage would be done. There is something that she says about not revealing sexual assault without a reason or something just before though, I can't recall for sure - so I'm curious about that part.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Also, why is Chika stealing Uta now :mad:
I want to scratch her chin, I feel like I am getting cucked by my very own "girlfriend"
Hard to say Chika is cucking Akira when she's actively pursuing people to get into a threesome with him.

4.20 star(s) 294 Votes