alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Hey PM me that detail you were talking about with the wall if you did not lay your hand on Ami. Also did not even realize you could replay the scene since I was focusing on using the wiki to try not to miss any events only to find out that following the guide will be SURE to MAKE you MISS events.

Now I developed a whole new method to play the game.. Ex.

1. Click on go somewhere
2. Select Bar
3. Select Sana
4. If the skip button is not grayed out than roll back
5. Select Sara
6. If the skip button is not grayed out than roll back
7. Select next option go somewhere
8. Repeat now start the call someone
9. Repeat until it's the invite

I repeat this for all of the possibilities in order.. if no new event than I will look at who has lowest lust as it seems must events require at least 5 lust.. than do the lust event. This is the only way I can figure that I will most likely not miss an event.. Once no new events than I work on raising everyone's lust to 10 equally.. Once I hit 10 repeat process. I really see no other way to not miss a ton of miss-able events.
Yeah, it was actually a new feature in the same update as the "There Is Nothing" main event.

You're stating that like you know what he'd do, but it's your opinion. Unless the Dev writes him into that situation we won't know which of us is right.
There is no way to write into that situation without either men suddenly reappearing, which could prove extremely jarring considering the whole plot revolves around the fact that 99% of men are either fighting in the space war or are dead because of it, or a total rewrite of the initial plot to include other men from the start. He can literally only be in one of those two situations as the game is now, which is the one with no threat from other men and, by extension, no need to use more drastic methods like forcing the girls into it. Instead, because the actual in game situation is him being the only viable male in town, the best option for him is to keep doing what he is, manipulating them into willingly giving in to his advances, or worse, desiring said advances.

well...16p1 was supposed to still be patron locked. So 4week max??
When 16p2 comes out for patrons, 16p1 will be made public at the same time, so 2 weeks.

That just seems like poor game design at that point. Are you sure it works that way, and the scenes are actually missable? I have no reason to doubt you but it has been a very long time since i last played chapter 1 so i don't remember, and as far as i can see from the code in chapter 2 you can't progress most of the time without completing some prerequisite events. Still tedious to search for them, but at least you don't risk losing scenes.
There are multiple scenes that can be missed by either bad choices or doing certain main events before certain character or lust events are done, yes. It's not poor game design, it's realistic game design. The main events are what move the timeline of the game along. If there are character or lust events that take place around the time of a certain main event, which there are, and you pass that main event, you are no longer in the part of that timeline where the character or lust events take place and the events are skipped and marked as missed. Also, some scenes are written for a specific outcome of a specific choice, your choices have consequences, and if you don't make that choice to get that outcome, you miss the character or lust event tied to that outcome. Example, if you say something that upsets a girl like lying to her and then she later finds out you lied, you no longer get her lust events for an indeterminate number of her events that could even be permanent. This is looking to be the case with Rin in particular where, if you were a bad homie, you don't get any affectionate variations of any later events so far. Her events are now perfectly set up to permanently lock the player out of affectionate variations of her future character events and entirely out of her future lust events.

wait I can miss scenes?
Yes, your actions and choices have consequences, so be VERY careful how you do things or even when in certain cases.

There are definitely a handful of scenes/scene variations that you can miss or opt-out of through choices you make in the story, however they also aren't that many. My question was specifically if there are scenes you can miss by just progressing normally but in the "wrong" order. If for example there exists a scene A that if done will lock you out of scene B without you making a conscious and clear choice.
There is no wrong order necessarily, but proceeding too far CAN lock you out of lust and character events that are tied to a specific point in the story's timeline.

Will there ever be a chance to 'get with' any of the lesbians (Rin, Nodoko, etc)? Perhaps by convincing them to have a threesome or that cock isn't that bad? ;-)

I noticed Yumi is slowly coming around. I mean, yes, Sensei did a bad thing, but I mean, he'd just been transported into another body and place.

Another quick question; Characters with "Lust: N/A" are they going to be always 'off the table' so-to-speak?
Those aren't lesbians, Rin is admittedly bisexual, Nodoka clearly doesn't mind being with girls, though it could very easily be less of an attraction to girls and more of just being the biggest pervert in the school so far. There will be a chance with them, but the story must progress to a point where they are open to the idea themselves. Rin kind of has a thing for Otoha right now and started with a thing for Chika, so that needs to pass first. I've got a feeling she won't go full tilt for Otoha like she did for Chika, that she will eventually open up a bit more to swinging back toward the other side of her orientation, but she needs time to do that.

Characters with Lust: N/A just don't have the stat done for them yet or the scenes to go with them. I think that might be our cue that a new girl is ready for some lust events when we see it go from N/A to 0 between builds.

Rin is already caving, although she's bi not lesbian.
Dunno about the rest.

Ami is starting to get seriously unhinged and weird.
She's BEEN seriously unhinged and weird, need I remind you of the scene in her room with her work uniform.

buff

May 29, 2017
Amazing that this guy simultaneously produces updates that are bigger than average (in terms of minutes of gameplay) *and* are at least twice as frequent as any other VN that I follow. Not to mention the quality is absolutely top tier.

So, yeah. Consistency, quality, and quantity, pick any two all three.....

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
I can't seem to trigger Ami's event "Best Friends Forever". The guide mod says that I have to invite her over, and I've done that, but I just get Affection or Lust increase scenes.

EDIT: Looks like you have to complete Maya's "Stop Looking For Answers" or "A Place That Can..." or "Now More Than Ever" first. (I did these 3 in quick succession, so I'm not sure when "Best Friends Forever" unlocks.)

Last edited:

CrioGenix

Jul 20, 2019
My "dedication" is irrelevant, there IS no explanation to be given. You tried and failed because what you said was incorrect, the same as Molitar.

When a game presents information, expects you, and even specifically tells you in some cases, to write it down, and you do not write it down. Then, when the game later asks for the information it expected you to write down, and even told you specifically to do so in some cases, and you don't have that information, you face the consequences of your actions.

Yes, lack of action is itself an action. Choosing not to write something down that will be asked for later and is even suggested to be written down by the game is specifically asking to get stuck at the part where it then asks for the information you chose not to write down.

This game is full of consequences, that is one of them.
My only problem with that puzzle was the password, i seriously didnt expected it to be the one used for a joke in one dialogue in one scene, the ip was obvious, the game directly tells you: "Hey this is going to be important so write it down or something" also didnt expected the happy scene for using HOPE as username but it makes sense, and since you can still continue without it is a neat easter egg

Reactions: alex2011

CrioGenix

Jul 20, 2019
Also, funny how they treat noriko carrying a pocket knife like, oh yeah she is a yandere she is crazy, where i come from is normal for a highschooler to carry a pocket knife, southamerican things i guess XD

buff

May 29, 2017
Also, funny how they treat noriko carrying a pocket knife like, oh yeah she is a yandere she is crazy, where i come from is normal for a highschooler to carry a pocket knife, southamerican things i guess XD
I carried one to school (USA) regularly when I was a kid (late 70s/early 80s), I need it for my Cub Scout meetings where we did a lot of whittling and stuff. (Go back 40 years before that and carrying a penknife to school was *required* in a lot of rural areas to sharpen pens.) Then in about 7th grade it suddenly was considered dangerous and carrying a pocketknife went from "nobody cared" to "automatic 3-day suspension". A few years after that it was expulsion, because "zomg the children will stab each other to death with their 2-inch pocket knives, they are all aspiring murderers and the only reason this hasn't happened yet is because they can't find anything sharp at school".

Last edited:
  • Haha

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
My "dedication" is irrelevant, there IS no explanation to be given. You tried and failed because what you said was incorrect, the same as Molitar.
Ok, one more try, and this time I'll crack it. Yeah, probably not, but let's try anyway, just for fun:

This is not my first game/VN and it's probably true for most players. So based on previous experience, I don't expect that I'd have to remember tiny details (keep reading until the end before you react), because it's almost never the case in other story-based games or VNs. Usually it's that "MC remembers", i.e. some option is presented only after he learns about something. This assumption may of course be wrong, because all games/VNs don't have to be the same.

Now let's take this game. Is there any warning at the beginning that it should be any different in this regard? No, there isn't. And I'm not saying that there has to be such warning. But it means that nothing tells me, that my initial assumption wouldn't be correct. So I'm going through the game, reading everything, but casually, not like a medical report or something, where I need to pay attention to every little detail. And only after several hours I'm told to write down one thing (address). Let's mark this moment as X.

It's only after X that player can be expected at all to look for possibly important things to remember. Although since the first one was very clearly presented as something to write down (so there's no way you could miss it, if you read everything), expecting players to look for much less obvious secrets from now on is quite a leap. But ok, it was at least a hint.

Second thing (port) is (I think) in same scene as address and you can't miss it, if you're playing with sound. Which I and probably most people do, but some don't. I don't remember any hint that sound is mandatory, but it's possible that I missed it. But if there really isn't any, then it's exactly the same thing, a completely unexpected requirement. If there is, I take this part back.

And that's not the worst of it. What about the username and password? Yes, there were some usernames mentioned, but they looked like completely random thing. There was also mention of Sensei's password, which looked like small unimportant funny bit. Unfortunately, I don't remember whether these two things came before or after X (and I'm not replaying whole game to find out, as you might do :) ; if someone knows for sure, feel free to add it). If it was before X, then there's absolutely no reason why anyone should remember it. If it was after X, then maybe, but still...

Then what Sensei's own password has to do with this <whatever it is> thing, that's whole other matter. Assuming it's not a mistake and it's for story purposes, then ok, but I still think it's asking too much from player to figure out.

Jul 11, 2019
Just going to interrupt the flow of this conversation to ask... is "cheese pizza" actually slang or acknowledged code for that or did you somehow figure it out using your brain, which has been trained by LiL?
Just asking, since I got confused why his random question about cheese pizza was answered like that.
Now, back to your discussion about There is nothing.
(Also Sensei's password was logical (to me) after getting the username right.)

CrioGenix

Jul 20, 2019
Ok, one more try, and this time I'll crack it. Yeah, probably not, but let's try anyway, just for fun:

This is not my first game/VN and it's probably true for most players. So based on previous experience, I don't expect that I'd have to remember tiny details (keep reading until the end before you react), because it's almost never the case in other story-based games or VNs. Usually it's that "MC remembers", i.e. some option is presented only after he learns about something. This assumption may of course be wrong, because all games/VNs don't have to be the same.

Now let's take this game. Is there any warning at the beginning that it should be any different in this regard? No, there isn't. And I'm not saying that there has to be such warning. But it means that nothing tells me, that my initial assumption wouldn't be correct. So I'm going through the game, reading everything, but casually, not like a medical report or something, where I need to pay attention to every little detail. And only after several hours I'm told to write down one thing (address). Let's mark this moment as X.

It's only after X that player can be expected at all to look for possibly important things to remember. Although since the first one was very clearly presented as something to write down (so there's no way you could miss it, if you read everything), expecting players to look for much less obvious secrets from now on is quite a leap. But ok, it was at least a hint.

Second thing (port) is (I think) in same scene as address and you can't miss it, if you're playing with sound. Which I and probably most people do, but some don't. I don't remember any hint that sound is mandatory, but it's possible that I missed it. But if there really isn't any, then it's exactly the same thing, a completely unexpected requirement. If there is, I take this part back.

And that's not the worst of it. What about the username and password? Yes, there were some usernames mentioned, but they looked like completely random thing. There was also mention of Sensei's password, which looked like small unimportant funny bit. Unfortunately, I don't remember whether these two things came before or after X (and I'm not replaying whole game to find out, as you might do :) ; if someone knows for sure, feel free to add it). If it was before X, then there's absolutely no reason why anyone should remember it. If it was after X, then maybe, but still...

Then what Sensei's own password has to do with this <whatever it is> thing, that's whole other matter. Assuming it's not a mistake and it's for story purposes, then ok, but I still think it's asking too much from player to figure out.
Yeah i dont know if you can get things in another order, but the user you get it after the "X", i was able to figure it was USER2 not only because that, but because the context, the mention i remember from this is the miku event where things get fucked up and the games mentions connecting to USER2, so when i started to think about a mention to a user or something in one of the "happy" inclined events i connected the dots, but the password is another thing, there is no hint or context that would make you think that the password in one conversation in one completly normal event used only for a little comedy gag would be important.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Just going to interrupt the flow of this conversation to ask... is "cheese pizza" actually slang or acknowledged code for that or did you somehow figure it out using your brain, which has been trained by LiL?
Just asking, since I got confused why his random question about cheese pizza was answered like that.
I guess you could say that this game has you to pay attention if you want to get the most out of it. And that might train you to make some connections with words used here.
But for me it was the first time seeing the term used for what it was.

I get what your meaning with the experienced gamer normally gets what to expect about game machanics in a genre he already played numerous games of.
I thought a good way to solve this would be to implement that machanic early on. Like Ami tells Sensei their adress and apartment number before he goes there for the first time and we have to manually enter it before we can get there.

But Selebus might had a reason to throw that at us so late (late for me because i read very slow) on in the game.

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
The only thing I did remember for that scene was terminal 23 and User2 as it was in nearly ever hope seen and repeated so many times that it just stuck. That was the only thing I did remember but the user name and IP address was a no go for me. So basically only those two that were repetitious was remembered. Them two were also right near the first sentences for them strange Happy scenes and were in the early happy scenes.. after about the second happy scene I pretty much skimmed them because they were just so non-sensical that I did not think they were that important.

Kind of like the Stromboki scenes from another game.. some of them scenes are kind of funny others no so much. So basically when scenes start to make no sense to me and get really weird I tend to stop reading all of them in detail and just skim over them to get back to the game. Nothing in the first scene got my attention that I needed to pay attention for clues especially after watching 2 of them.. I basically started to skip much of it by 3rd or 4th one.

Last edited:

Aconitum

Jun 14, 2017
There are multiple scenes that can be missed by either bad choices or doing certain main events before certain character or lust events are done, yes. It's not poor game design, it's realistic game design. The main events are what move the timeline of the game along. If there are character or lust events that take place around the time of a certain main event, which there are, and you pass that main event, you are no longer in the part of that timeline where the character or lust events take place and the events are skipped and marked as missed. Also, some scenes are written for a specific outcome of a specific choice, your choices have consequences, and if you don't make that choice to get that outcome, you miss the character or lust event tied to that outcome. Example, if you say something that upsets a girl like lying to her and then she later finds out you lied, you no longer get her lust events for an indeterminate number of her events that could even be permanent. This is looking to be the case with Rin in particular where, if you were a bad homie, you don't get any affectionate variations of any later events so far. Her events are now perfectly set up to permanently lock the player out of affectionate variations of her future character events and entirely out of her future lust events.
It is definitely poor game design. Perhaps you misread my second comment, but to clarify further i speak of scenes missed not because the player made a conscious choice, as in Rin's case, but simply because they viewed an event before another, without clear communication or suggestion from the game that scenes will be locked. I don't remember any such scenes existing in-game, so if you know of any I'd appreciate the info.

My reason being due to the player's lack of choice in what scenes will be played, in combination with their inability to know the prerequisites for certain main events that lock you out of others. To explain, i don't mean players literally can't choose what event they will see, but in the context of the topic at hand their choice is meaningless. If event A locks event B and i have no way to know (or guess) that, without consulting a third party, then i don't realistically speaking have a choice, it's all up to chance whether i happen to do A first and lock B. In the case of main events it's worse, since you can't postpone them or know when they will trigger, so if a main event locks another you don't even get that illusion of choice.

There is no wrong order necessarily, but proceeding too far CAN lock you out of lust and character events that are tied to a specific point in the story's timeline.
Unless "proceeding too far" means proceeding in the case the game warned you not to, such as in Rin's case, that is exactly the kind of poor design I'm talking about. The excuse of "you are no longer in the part of that timeline where the character or lust events take place and the events are skipped and marked as missed" is nonsensical, the dev has already used prerequisite scenes in order to unlock others multiple times so obviously the player's freedom to miss scenes and "write their own story", if you will, isn't a priority. Why not just add those scenes, that can be locked from viewing other random scenes, as a requirement to get those other scenes in the first place? If i remember correctly the ending of chapter 1 had an extensive list of required scenes, specifically so the player wouldn't miss them and the dev wouldn't have to account for any missed scenes.

Incidentally, that is also the reason I'm doubtful there even are any scenes that can be locked because you viewed others, without any hints from the game. Hence why i asked the question in the first place.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Darklord13, yes if your lust is not high enough from what I found out you WILL miss scenes.. as some of these scenes HAVE to be done before a main event happens. So in that aspect it's a poor design.. missing not because of a choice you made but because your lust for that girl was not high enough. With the number of girls it's hard to make sure to get there lust up enough.

Now one question I have is if you tell truth to Karin about you and Kirin does that lock you out of any scenes at all with Karin or will it just take longer?

buff

May 29, 2017
If you hang out on some of the darker and danker imageboards, you see "cheese pizza" requests a lot. It's.... not legal.

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
Heh, I thought the weirdness was just for weirdness sake, but there's a weirder story weirdness behind the weirdness!
LiL goes from funny to weird to "is Selebus OK? Does he need help?"

Reactions: BlackDays

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It's normal for normal people, but Noriko is anything but normal. It isn't just the pocket knife, it's how she acts toward to possibility that she isn't the only girl he has. She acts extremely possessive and even does things behind the backs of the other girls even at times she's supposed to be doing something else, like the time she attempted to seduce player Sensei instead of escaping while Ami had Maya distracted as she was supposed to.

I carried one to school (USA) regularly when I was a kid (late 70s/early 80s), I need it for my Cub Scout meetings where we did a lot of whittling and stuff. (Go back 40 years before that and carrying a penknife to school was *required* in a lot of rural areas.) Then in about 7th grade it was suddenly was considered dangerous and it went from "nobody cared" to "automatic 3-day suspension". A few years after that it was expulsion, because "zomg the children will stab each other to death with their 2-inch pocket knives, they are all aspiring murderers and the only reason this hasn't happened yet is because they can't find anything sharp at school".
Had they never heard of using scissors or even pens and pencils? Those can be just as dangerous with the right amount of force applied. :LOL:

It isn't my first, either, by far, but it is only my third Denpa game. This is not like other VNs and it should NEVER be expected that any game in any style will be like existing games. This one REQUIRES you to know certain details. It even specifically says to write them down in at least one case.

The player should ALWAYS pay attention to what is being said, warning or not. You do know that the game has consequences beyond getting stuck at that specific point, right? If you aren't paying attention, you could choose the wrong option out of multiple choices and lock yourself out of an entire character. Also, if you are paying attention to the story for the purpose of making the correct choices, you WON'T miss the details needed for the puzzle. The information needed is given in a way that is extremely arbitrary and sticks out like a sore thumb. It should already be making the player question why they were told that in the first place, which should be a giant red flag that it might come up later as needed information. Why else would we need to know an IP, a password, or a username but to input it ourselves? And yeah, at least one piece of the answer was specifically given and the player was specifically told to write it down when it was, if that's not a warning, then warnings don't exist.

The player is expected to look for important information from the first sentence of the game. It actually makes sense that it wouldn't be a one time thing, especially not when dealing with computer info like in the puzzle. There is always a username AND a password to deal with, there is always an IP to deal with once the internet is involved, and the port nummber bears absolutely no excuse thanks to that madness inducing, at least after multiple hours, repetitive voice. If someone is playing without sound, they are already missing a good chunk of the whole experience and that begs the question of why they are playing it in the first place if they aren't going to play it in full. That one is tough luck, they made a choice not to play with sound, they face the consequences, just like in the game. That one has no warning, but there shouldn't need to be as the music is part of the experience and, if they have the music on, they have the voice telling them the port.

Again, completely random things should be throwing giant red flags, only things that make sense to the story at that point should not. There IS a reason all of it should be remembered, because it SHOULD be throwing giant red flags. In ANY game, information that throws a giant red flag should be written down, that's just common sense from way back in the old puzzle games and text adventures.

It is not asking too much for the player to write stuff down when that stuff should be throwing giant red flags. Again, this is all common sense dating back to at least the time of comparatively primitive graphics and a prevalence of actual puzzle games, like Myst, and text adventures. This common sense has been around almost as long as computers in the homes of the general public, in other words.

I suggest taking the first letters of each word out and looking at them. What kind of adult content do those letters also happen to start spelling the term for? I'm not sure about it being slang, but it works as speaking in code for a piece of content that may or may not be legal/illegal in his area.

The only thing I did remember for that scene was terminal 23 and User2 as it was in nearly ever hope seen and repeated so many times that it just stuck. That was the only thing I did remember but the user name and IP address was a no go for me. So basically only those two that were repetitious was remembered. Them two were also right near the first sentences for them strange Happy scenes and were in the early happy scenes.. after about the second happy scene I pretty much skimmed them because they were just so non-sensical that I did not think they were that important.

Kind of like the Stromboki scenes from another game.. some of them scenes are kind of funny others no so much. So basically when scenes start to make no sense to me and get really weird I tend to stop reading all of them in detail and just skim over them to get back to the game. Nothing in the first scene got my attention that I needed to pay attention for clues especially after watching 2 of them.. I basically started to skip much of it by 3rd or 4th one.
Again, NEVER skim in this game, that's a recipe for disaster. The 'happy' scenes are the main story under the surface that the main events make up, so that automatically means 'happy' scenes are extremely important to read in full.

It is definitely poor game design. Perhaps you misread my second comment, but to clarify further i speak of scenes missed not because the player made a conscious choice, as in Rin's case, but simply because they viewed an event before another, without clear communication or suggestion from the game that scenes will be locked. I don't remember any such scenes existing in-game, so if you know of any I'd appreciate the info.

My reason being due to the player's lack of choice in what scenes will be played, in combination with their inability to know the prerequisites for certain main events that lock you out of others. To explain, i don't mean players literally can't choose what event they will see, but in the context of the topic at hand their choice is meaningless. If event A locks event B and i have no way to know (or guess) that, without consulting a third party, then i don't realistically speaking have a choice, it's all up to chance whether i happen to do A first and lock B. In the case of main events it's worse, since you can't postpone them or know when they will trigger, so if a main event locks another you don't even get that illusion of choice.

Unless "proceeding too far" means proceeding in the case the game warned you not to, such as in Rin's case, that is exactly the kind of poor design I'm talking about. The excuse of "you are no longer in the part of that timeline where the character or lust events take place and the events are skipped and marked as missed" is nonsensical, the dev has already used prerequisite scenes in order to unlock others multiple times so obviously the player's freedom to miss scenes and "write their own story", if you will, isn't a priority. Why not just add those scenes, that can be locked from viewing other random scenes, as a requirement to get those other scenes in the first place? If i remember correctly the ending of chapter 1 had an extensive list of required scenes, specifically so the player wouldn't miss them and the dev wouldn't have to account for any missed scenes.

Incidentally, that is also the reason I'm doubtful there even are any scenes that can be locked because you viewed others, without any hints from the game. Hence why i asked the question in the first place.
It is NOT poor game design, it is game design you personally don't like, but not poor generally speaking. It is a game specifically being designed to be as realistic as it can be given other elements within that prevent true realism.

What I meant by proceeding too far is doing too many events in the main line before certain events in the character lines. When the in game time frame of the character event passes because you did too many main events, the game marks the character events as missed because it no longer makes chronological sense to allow the player to see them. There doesn't need to be clear communication from the game, the player should have been raising each character as evenly as possible in the first place because some main events require events from certain or even every character, none of which are missable, but that doesn't matter because you should still be able to get the events that are missable this way. I know because I am working off a save that has no missed events that I replayed the game to have, going through every little detail and writing down anything that jumped out in the process.

I wouldn't know what events are missable based around not going too far on the main events before doing them because I do tend to just stumble into events. However, I know there are multiple.

There actually isn't a lack of choice in what scenes will be played, surpisingly enough for a game with moments where a choice is not yours to make and not even the MC's choice to make, though the surprise is not unwelcome. You can very easily control when events play based around their requirements. With only a few exceptions that require previous events, you can limit the amount of affection you grind and that will slow the progress of the main line of events. This is why it has been suggested on multiple occasions not to get too crazy with grinding the stats, except lust, that one seems to be fair game since it only deals with the lust events. This is also how you avoid running into situations like the one with Rin. As long as you fill the requirement for the one that would have been locked first, you won't get locked out of any events. As there are only lust and character events that get locked, it only requires grinding that character with the rare requirement of another character. Every event is in increments of 5 points per stat, so that tells you what you need to know on that front.

The "excuse" you refer to isn't nonsensical, it's how time works. Time waits for no man and that includes in the game, we're lucky the game is basically turn based or that could pose a problem. With every main event, the game progresses further in time, and certain character events happen around certain points in the story. Let's use an example, it would not make sense to allow the player to see an event that takes place during the winter, where we are now with all the snow in game, once it is time for the snow to have melted and the scenery to change as a result. It would be EXTREMELY jarring to see grass, flowers, and trees when in the free roam element of the game only to be met with the town covered in snow in the next event. For that reason, it is locked once the snowy version of the town representing winter is gone and whatever scenery replaces it is active.

There is no freedom to "write your own story" in this game, Selebus is making whatt he wants and we are along for the ride. The ending of chapter 1 required anything and everything that was not missable. An event being missable is a consequence, which is one of the themes in this game, consequences are everywhere, every action has one. There are consequences for every little thing you do whether those consequences have come up yet or not. To make the missable scenes required negates that consequence.

There are events that lock because you viewed others, but the only ones that lock based on that have a time limit that, when it expires, they are safe to view. If it wasn't obvious, I meant the Rin thing. The only ways to lock events are 1) Say something to upset a girl beyond any hope of recovering by making the wrong choice, 2) Do a main event that would push the game's timeline too far for a character or lust event to make sense (Ex: can't see the Halloween lust event AFTER the Halloween event), and 3) Do an event that it is required you wait to do until a bit later (Ex: Rin at the beach event).

Darklord13, yes if your lust is not high enough from what I found out you WILL miss scenes.. as some of these scenes HAVE to be done before a main event happens. So in that aspect it's a poor design.. missing not because of a choice you made but because your lust for that girl was not high enough. With the number of girls it's hard to make sure to get there lust up enough.

Now one question I have is if you tell truth to Karin about you and Kirin does that lock you out of any scenes at all with Karin or will it just take longer?
Actually, not grinding a stat enough is a choice made on the player side. The only thing it is not is a choice made by the characters. Choices have consequences, so it is not poor design because it perfectly fits one of the themes of the game. It isn't difficult to maintain the stats with the number of girls in now, it needs maybe 15 each, which is not that hard, especially on the girls that can be invited over, which will eventually be all of them, and, if you really think it is, I've got news for you. We haven't seen all the characters added yet even now.

Yes, you lock Karin out if you tell the truth. I don't know how long it will last, it may even be permanent. She was already having issues with guys and then you did that to her and blew any semblance of trust in you as a guy she had gained to smithereens not to mention any she had in you as her coach and as a teacher.

Heh, I thought the weirdness was just for weirdness sake, but there's a weirder story weirdness behind the weirdness!
Yep, that happens.

Reactions: Korbinus

buff

May 29, 2017
Yeah, the rabbit hole goes pretty deep. The discord has, like, entire tribes of theories. There's a LOT there, the porn is like 1% of the surface.

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
I thought I had the biggest brain deep lore theory of all time. Asked Seleb a clarity question on a bird image he used. In one response sentence about a bird, he shot down all my theories harder than the Iron Dome on a bunch of Hamas rockets. Back to the drawing board.

• Haha
Reactions: akselx and alex2011

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I had this one going on for a while now. Im no filthy Systemintegrator (sorry guys) or what ever that profession is called in english but as far as i know ipv6 is hexdec. But the ip we're given has an x in it? So does anyone know if thats a valid ipv6 or if Selebus might have that one just wrong or might it be intentional?

I thought I had the biggest brain deep lore theory of all time. Asked Seleb a clarity question on a bird image he used. In one response sentence about a bird, he shot down all my theories harder than the Iron Dome on a bunch of Hamas rockets. Back to the drawing board.
Never thought he'd give any response to theories at all. Surprise surprise.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes