barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
What do you guys mean by this? I saw this a couple times but still I have no idea what it is
"chu" as in a light kiss in manga.

There's a scene in the early game in which Ayane walks in on Sensei in the bathroom of his apartment, and she lightly kisses his penis.

That entire scene is getting yeeted in the rework.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
If Maya gets rebooted would sensei even care? Wouldn't he use the opportunity to manipulate her to fall in love with him? He can create whatever personality he wants her to have for his convenience.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
If Maya gets rebooted would sensei even care? Wouldn't he use the opportunity to manipulate her to fall in love with him? He can create whatever personality he wants her to have for his convenience.
There's definitely a part of Sensei that would do exactly that. Sensei might not care.

We, the players, are much more likely to, and she's a popular enough character that a player revolt might break out if it happens. And it's the kind of existential-horror scenario that I'd expect from this game.

The main reason I think it's going to happen, beyond just the foreshadowing we've seen, is that we've reached the point in the story where Sensei doesn't need her as a mentor to help him navigate this world anymore, and much like other stories with a mentor archetype, when the protagonist has learned all he needs to learn from his mentor, it's time for the mentor to be taken away so that the hero can learn to continue without their help.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Selebus posted today on the Discord: "Please be advised ahead of 23.0 Part 2 that all subscriptions are non-refundable"

This could mean he's been getting a lot of refund requests and is tired of having to explain this to people, but there is a possibility he put that out there because he anticipates this update being VERY unpopular.

BUt this is also the last update before the rework begins, and the rework is anticipated to take two months, during which time there will be no updates, so he could just be getting out in front of people upset at percieved inactivity.

There's also the possibility that something happens in this update that could provoke a fan riot (ilke Maya getting rebooted, which has been alluded to multiple times starting with the Dorm War events).

The release announcement said it will go live for patrons tomorrow night. So get your anxiety meds ready!
Entirely possible, I would also be getting annoyed at this. In fairness to anyone who may or may not be requesting refunds, you make an extremely good point. It is well known at this point that patron types don't usually like to be kept waiting, so it is understandable that, because they are not getting the monthly release they were told they would when they signed up, that they would not want to pay for it.

However, what is not understandable is that they have been given a good reason for this period of inactivity and yet are not acting like the reason for it is valid as if they think games don't go through reworks like this.

This is, of course, all speculation as I have no inside information from Selebus to go from. As for the update, I am finally well enough to play again and hopefully I won't get sick before I get through content I have gotten behind on plus new stuff. I am very anxious myself about the Maya possibility and what that might do to Sensei not to mention the possibility that any 'good' in him might also be reset, whether he gained it over the course of the story or had it already, but we'll see what happens.

#SaveTheChu~Scene!

But given the timing of when all this started, wouldn't her getting rebooted ... not be that bad? I mean it'd still be bad in the sense that the girl we grew to know would have been rewinded, but...

Also,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Honestly, there are a lot of unknowns going into this one, so there's not telling how bad the Maya reset may or may not be assuming it happens.

At the start of the game, we wake up with no understanding of where we are, who we are, or who anyone else is.

This is what Maya is afraid of happening to her. It's what the Angels alluded to in the dorm event. Everythiing that made Maya Maya will be gone and replaced with a completely blank slate. And it's possible that this could begin a who-knows-how-long process with Sensei and Maya's roles are reversed, and he's constantly watching Maya get rebooted, each time hoping that THIS time, she'll come back as her old self, and eventually losing all hope that it will ever happen.

While Ayane is often foolish and lives with her heads in the clouds, she has acknowledged more than once that she's not stupid. She knows that getting pregnant is a disaster. If she keeps the baby, Sensei is likely lost to her forever as he gets arrested or conscripted. If she tries to get an abortion, questions get asked, and the one man she's been seen out in public with regularly probably gets arrested or conscripted anyway. There isn't a win scenario if things play out the way they would for normal people.

But Ayane isn't a normal person. She's the daughter of the second wealthiest man in the city, a man who was able to dodge the war by virtue of his wealth, and a man who could, potentially, save Sensei from the same fate. I think Ayane knows this is a long shot. But it's literally the only path forward that allows her to maintain the fantasy of the life she wants to build with Sensei.

But Sensei shot that down before she could even tell him.
That would be a scary thought, it would essentially be giving her the same treatment as Sensei got at the beginning of the game. Next thing you know, she'll be waking up in his chair with Ami sitting at her desk after school. :p

"chu" as in a light kiss in manga.

There's a scene in the early game in which Ayane walks in on Sensei in the bathroom of his apartment, and she lightly kisses his penis.

That entire scene is getting yeeted in the rework.
Unfortunately, I still feel it sets up how she is up to the first beach event and is important to her character to that point as a result. She was shown to be kind of willing to do some pretty drastic stuff, nothing like murder, but things like basically throwing herself at him right out of the gate. She kind of settled down from that sort of behavior after the first beach event and I feel it was a result of the event with Kirin.

Considering the implication is that nobody is safe, even he may be rebooted to some degree, we don't know.

There's definitely a part of Sensei that would do exactly that. Sensei might not care.

We, the players, are much more likely to, and she's a popular enough character that a player revolt might break out if it happens. And it's the kind of existential-horror scenario that I'd expect from this game.

The main reason I think it's going to happen, beyond just the foreshadowing we've seen, is that we've reached the point in the story where Sensei doesn't need her as a mentor to help him navigate this world anymore, and much like other stories with a mentor archetype, when the protagonist has learned all he needs to learn from his mentor, it's time for the mentor to be taken away so that the hero can learn to continue without their help.
I can see it, she is up there as far as popularity.

25thKnight

May 20, 2020
Sounds like what sensei would really do.

Personally I also would like to see the another side of Maya (the Maya before she the gained the knowledge of about the world and timeloops ) so I'm not really against Maya being rebooted though if ever Maya really got rebooted I would like to see sensei panic or care a bit for Maya

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
As for this whole fan revolt nonsense, hopefully it doesn't happen. I know fans can get rather rabid, especially very devoted ones of a very specific individual/character like Maya, but come on, it is just a game. That said, while I like Maya, I have no dog in that fight as a Rin fan. Even Rin getting this kind of reset treatment would fail to rile me up because it is still just a game. I might be a bit upset by it on a personal level because of how well this game toys with my emotions, meaning worried for her and all that, but I would not be revolting over it, in any sense of the word.

Sounds like what sensei would really do.

Personally I also would like to see the another side of Maya (the Maya before she the gained the knowledge of about the world and timeloops ) so I'm not really against Maya being rebooted though if ever Maya really got rebooted I would like to see sensei panic or care a bit for Maya
I am in the sense that she was essentially his guide through the loops, she was what kept him from going entirely out of control in them. Without her, things are going to get even more unpredictable than they already were and not in a good way morally speaking. I could see a rise in his antics, like what he did to Miku, a drastic one without her.

From an outside perspective, though, this opens up a whole lot more Selebus could do with the story than if Maya had never been reset. This was a good move assuming it does happen.

Last edited:

npezone

Dec 31, 2020
Selebus posted today on the Discord: "Please be advised ahead of 23.0 Part 2 that all subscriptions are non-refundable"

This could mean he's been getting a lot of refund requests and is tired of having to explain this to people, but there is a possibility he put that out there because he anticipates this update being VERY unpopular.

BUt this is also the last update before the rework begins, and the rework is anticipated to take two months, during which time there will be no updates, so he could just be getting out in front of people upset at percieved inactivity.

There's also the possibility that something happens in this update that could provoke a fan riot (ilke Maya getting rebooted, which has been alluded to multiple times starting with the Dorm War events).

The release announcement said it will go live for patrons tomorrow night. So get your anxiety meds ready!
That’s probably over-analysing.
At most; it’s likely to be a combination of things we know or expect, from the re-write having some implications on content release, to the possibility of people taking offence at drawings without clothing labelled "Chinami" and “Tsukasa”. And there’s been already some scheduling upset due to the HuggyBoy incident, which is likely to have at least a small set of ongoing repercussions with mantaining multiple storylines and image sets.

A lot of refund requests is pretty much the norm, as people these days are essentially stupid.
I mean; if you purchase something (eg. gamepass, milk), and use any portion of it; refund is going to be at the seller’s discretion unless there’s a fundamental issue (green milk).

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Selebus has said that he intends to release small standalone sidestories during the rework hiatus (like Molly's Bad Day back in December, except canonical to the story), so patrons aren't entirely wasting their money.

That said, given that this madman is releasing a 50k word update in three weeks when other adult VNs take four months to deliver a piddling 10k words of new content, I feel the value proposition for LiL is wildly in the consumer's favor, so I'd be content either way.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020

Nice, I've been waiting for some overly dramatic plot development that doesn't rectify itself or softens the blow in the next update. I feel like Sel been pulling some of the punchies. Hopefully, not anymore.
He would care. I think we might see the reverse dynamic in their relationship after Maya's hypothetical reset: she would no longer be immune to Sensei's "charms", but Sensei would no longer be interested in her "normal" self. He might also try to revert her back which would also cause a discord between them.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Selebus has said that he intends to release small standalone sidestories during the rework hiatus (like Molly's Bad Day back in December, except canonical to the story), so patrons aren't entirely wasting their money.
Good to know. I missed that reveal.

I had to cancel my sub this week for financial reasons, and am not sure when/if I'll be able to resume it, but I'm glad to hear that it won't be a total content drought.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Wait what’s this? Where can I find this?
In December, when the whole kerfluffle with Patreon went down, he released the announcement in story form, by way of Molly finding out her favorite VN was getting censored. It's all of 3 minutes, and is more an explanation of what's happening than anything else.

Reactions: moodle

25thKnight

May 20, 2020
That said, given that this madman is releasing a 50k word update in three weeks when other adult VNs take four months to deliver a piddling 10k words of new content, I feel the value proposition for LiL is wildly in the consumer's favor, so I'd be content either way.
The same reason why I really respect Selebus, A diligent guy who keep his words and doesn't leave his fans hanging like certain devs I know who just milks money out of the people who trusted them

Reactions: moodle

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
Anyone who complains about Selebus not providing content is an idiot. Doubly so if they complain on a pirate site (although that last part is true across all developers - if you're getting the game here, even one update every five years would be getting your money's worth).

Reactions: KimiNoDonuts
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes