manjak8

Jun 27, 2019
Sel has stated his intent to make this the longest work of written English in history. He's currently sitting a little over 2.5 million. It took four years to get this far.

The current record is 31 million words long (a Loud House fanfic, if you're curious).

At the rate he's going, he'll reach his goal in 2069. Nice.
I don't think he took into account that fanfic, cause its garbage, you can make a long garbage no problem, especially with ai now.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Now that I think about Ayane really has a thing for getting railed on other peoples beds.
Especially the beds of those closest to her, with the guy she knows they like.

There's probably a few reasons why Pareidolia seems to like her.

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
I wonder if there will ever be another event on Akira's birthday, in my opinion with the fact that he is starting to remember things it would be a nice event:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
First we should know what date/season it is (first the revelation before perhaps some event with birthday), now for some reason it's still a big unknown I don't think it's that close to happening.

Ami and Niki should know that date but for some reason they don't seem or want to bring it up, and I think it won't be a nice thing to say, quite possibly Akira's birthday is related to not so pleasant memories with Saki/Sekai, there are many references to birthday parties through happy events and sexual/traumatic events/blackouts.

Definitely if Sekai gave some gift or celebrated a birthday to Akira, nothing to think about, memories of that, in this state it would be the final dagger. :unsure:

Last edited:

apostolodieros

Jun 13, 2019
First we should know what date/season it is (first the revelation before perhaps some event with birthday), now for some reason it's still a big unknown I don't think it's that close to happening.

Ami and Niki should know that date but for some reason they don't seem or want to bring it up, and I think it won't be a nice thing to say, quite possibly Akira's birthday is related to not so pleasant memories with Saki/Sekai, there are many references to birthday parties through happy events and sexual/traumatic events/blackouts.

Definitely if Sekai gave some gift or celebrated a birthday to Akira, nothing to think about, memories of that, in this state it would be the final dagger. :unsure:
yet I clearly remember that there was an event in the first chapter where akira, emi, maya and ayane go to an ice cream shop, and it turns out that that day was akira's birthday

Mori Enjoyer

Apr 7, 2023
I was looking back on previous events, and I must say, I'm surprised Sel never capitalized on that event before the reset where Sensei was telling Io to fuck off at the party so he could calm down and didn't have her go through a meltdown because she'd figure Sensei hates her now and it's time she gave up on life or bla bla blah.
She took it quite well.
could have something to do w/ Makoto's cryptic text message shes sends during The End of the World event chp3 or something further down the line
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
only other time i can think of something similar is The Light of Last Summer event chp2 w/ Ayane trying to contact Uta during the day of the reset but wasnt able to contact her I might be reading into it too much though

Last edited:
Reactions: Duskreyn

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
yet I clearly remember that there was an event in the first chapter where akira, emi, maya and ayane go to an ice cream shop, and it turns out that that day was akira's birthday
You remember wrong. You're talking about the Ami Event (Couple's Discount (Sea of Diamonds)), but that's not Akira's birthday, it's Ami's.

Reactions: chronox42

Leoxsama

Jun 26, 2017
You guys still think were getting the purity/dark routes or did Sel change his mind on that? I'm more curious about those than anything right now to be honest.

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
You guys still think were getting the purity/dark routes or did Sel change his mind on that? I'm more curious about those than anything right now to be honest.
It's still standing, Sel hasn't said otherwise, harem route then dark route, 35 endings in purity, and after that a true ending.

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
the discussion here reminded me about this bit (Louis C.K.). first 2 minutes:
I'm totally down with telling fucked up stories, I just really don't see the point of this one. With high schoolers, you can make a point in relation to the genre (which Sel does throughout the series). Almost all VNs are set in high school, and involve a protag trying to romance them. What if we explore the idea of the objectification and fetishization of real life traumas and stories in these sort of games, and try to alter how the viewer experiences these scenarios, a sort of antidote to desensitization? That I can accept - there's an interesting point to be made, and at that stage the game didn't really focus on the MC so he fulfilled the self-insert role most of these stories have.

But with this sort of story, what point are you even trying to make that can't be made using the current cast of characters? And you can't hide behind the idea of "subversion" because your average VN isn't gonna have 8 year old heroines. It also closes far more doors than open because writing wise, adding this element only gives you one real path to develop the character - you don't cross "the line" and get away with it.

But maybe that is the intent, who knows. A litmus test on to what extent the audience can tolerate a monster and at what point will that tolerance break, or how a monster can trick normal people to "empathize" with them. Question is, do you trust Sel enough as a writer to guide the story through, or will we be talking in a few months time how it's not Sensei's fault that Maya or Tsukasa or whoever as a 10 year old tried to seduce him?

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I wonder if there will ever be another event on Akira's birthday, in my opinion with the fact that he is starting to remember things it would be a nice event:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
Since absolutely no one ever brought it up or attempted to celebrate for/with him, I bet his birthday is sitting roughly in the first two quarters of a year (preferably in those spring months) so the weird time mechanism of Kumon-mi simply skips it every time.

It’s either that or this world deletes the concept of his birthday from the face of the earth. Otherwise this womanizer’s birthday is probably like a goddamn national holiday to these girls and there is no way they’d knowingly miss a chance to do something, especially Ayane.

Last edited:

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
Since absolutely no one ever brought it up or attempted to celebrate for/with him, I bet his birthday is sitting roughly in the first two quarters of a year (preferably in those spring months) so the weird time mechanism of Kumon-mi simply skips it every time.
You are onto something, and I think I figured out the date: it's march 15th. Why? Well, see below:
And I can see spring is definitely his season. Also, on his day you can visit a monument in commemoration of his glorious penis:

JackZero

Sep 10, 2019
You are onto something, and I think I figured out the date: it's march 15th. Why? Well, see below:
And I can see spring is definitely his season. Also, on his day you can visit a monument in commemoration of his glorious penis:

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes