BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Ayane does report hearing voices that command her to do things though, and that she ignores them and nothing ever comes from that (can't recall the event but it's probably late chapter 3).
Probably: Event "Meant to Be" during reset 6.

ay (Ayane) "But I’ve been hearing things too, Sensei. Actual voices. That want me to do things for them that I don’t want to do. And Ami heard...hears them too."

/e so close (time)

Reactions: Moonflare

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
In the Kaori event "Where the trees live" (the one that leads to Nao-chan's first appearance), narrator says that Nao-chan is a thing that should not exist, yet Akira will not look away from - and that she's something they're sending to help/protect him.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Then in update 0.40 we get to know that Nao-chan is also understood by the system as TEMPLATE9, and that after seemingly trying to protect/help Akira by having him place his hand on her head, she managed to go with him to the Plant show in eggtime (they are all killed after messing with her, and it's been speculated that it wasn't by her - so maybe it was Sekai or even USER4). After that, they end up in an old school at night, Akira doubts she's Nao-chan anymore, and then the system reports her as being lost.
Second interesting piece of info there is that she's restored from a backup that comes from USER4. Again, she's a thing that should not exist, therefore it was already unlikely she was sent by either of the three gods, and this further reinforces that. Now, adding those together, we could argue that TEMPLATE 9 was probably sent by USER4 to help Akira.

Given all of the above, I doubt it would be as simple as her being a spawn from two freelancers that are children of the clockwork. She seems to be a thing that should not exist and sent by a benelovent (?) fourth party.
Not sure about the "color-grading" part but the "another place to hide" thing was from:
In Chapter 3.

I'm also leaning towards this being the Shapeshifter/Himawari Narrating due to it mentioning the rules, talking about blue, seeming to pity Ayane in particular, and it implying it wants to be with Sensei nonsexually.

Of course, then she seems to lose it towards the end.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
Given all of the above, I doubt it would be as simple as her being a spawn from two freelancers that are children of the clockwork. She seems to be a thing that should not exist and sent by a benelovent (?) fourth party.
I'm likely wrong, its just during the Untitled event Long Maya says something about Moyo having something removed and I have thought that was the birth of Nao-chan.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Might be old news, but this looks like evidence/foreshadowing that Himawari was complicit in what happened to Maya:
That is indeed true. This is the event (Maya) Three Halves Make a Whole.

Thing is though Himawari seems to be a freelancer, so I'd think that is more likely that she was following Hope's directive here (as she'll be partying with the angels on "a life of prizes", that is the reset that follows this). As it is, neither HOPE nor Wires went out of their way to reset Maya, it was Pareidolia. HOPE even seemed to want Maya, for whatever reason - then again he also seemed to offer that Ayane took her place.

Before this though, Himawari only really shows up and talks to you either if you romanced Sara (at the end of "place she falls asleep at night" - that I couldn't get to trigger through replay for some reason), and at this moment if you romanced Ami. Her first real appearance (while engaging you in conversation) that isn't missable is during "Beyond the reach of God" (Nodoka). So I don't know what to make of her appearance in those two - is she only getting involved this early with Maya and Sara if you romance Ami and Sara? I'm confused (or it could simply be an easter egg, as it is with Scientific Research).

As for the rabbit, the shrine for the dead god could be Nozomu, or the god that is the three as one (since they're divided right now = dead). And if DeSkel15 is correct, then white rabbits could point to Sekai - the same white rabbit covering his eyes is used in the school during the Yumi talk about joining the Apocalypse Squad.

Then again, "what is A for" could point to Ami Arakawa being Himawari's real name, and we'd be back at her lol (but it's probably either Akira or that alphabet thing).

Anyway, thanks for the info - I hadn't realised that about Himawari's appearance being linked to the amifingered flag.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023
Hm, random boob fact, Himawari/The Shapeshifter may be a "little bit" jealous of Yumi's boobs:
"Wowza"
And I am jealous of Akira for what he's going to do to those breasts very soon

on the sidenote, Ami is a cutie patootie when she's not being crazy

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes