Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
Do you guys think there's too many girls on the roster or would you like there to be some more? I think that there's never too many but I imagine it must be hard for the average player to keep up with so many characters.
I'd personally like more side girls from like a different class like Karin or something, a goth girl from Wakana's class would be nice
I'm not worried about players not being able to keep up with a lot of characters. I'm worried about Selebus having to neglect characters for an entire year so others can have their turn. 35 is already pushing it in my opinion.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There are so many possibilities regarding this omg...

Unlike stomachache, I very much doubt Yumi would feel bad because of something Akira did, or subject herself to something for him. So for Yumi to feel bad, it would have to do with Chika, Yuki or Chinami.

The obvious one would be Chika, but why would Yumi feel bad for Chika finding out about being cheated on? It could be the safe option of "how dare you betray me by not telling me if you knew" from Chika. Or the much more serious "I catched Akira cheating with you".

I'm going to throw my guess and say that Chika finds out, blames Yumi for being a bad friend and lying to her about it (not telling the truth sooner), Yumi is devastated and finds consolation in Akira (since they'd be the two that are able to talk about this), cue in her revealing how this sucks even more since she also likes him.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I don't think they're Maya's boxes, they're a lot bigger and don't say "Don't Open" on them. On the other hand, Sensei is mysteriously unable to open them, just like Maya's boxes, so there could be a connection.
I'm not sure what the closed wing is supposed to mean, but it has something to do with HOPE, since it's his angels that say they're making renovations. The branches in the background are also one of HOPE's symbols.
Maya actually has a variety of boxes:

She also implied all those boxes and stuff in Reset 3 were her stuff, in Ayane's Chapter 2 'Before The Sun Comes Up' Event:

Presumably she's referring to this stuff in Reset 3 as shown in Chapter 2's 'Backwards Dancing' Main Event:

Overall: Sensei seems to just carry a small box every now and then, while Maya moves the rest. Or, well...moved. Still curious about how the next reset will be.

Kind of hoping that this is just Yumi's response to hearing Ayane sing her favorite song over and over...and over.

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
Do you guys think there's too many girls on the roster or would you like there to be some more? I think that there's never too many but I imagine it must be hard for the average player to keep up with so many characters.
I'd personally like more side girls from like a different class like Karin or something, a goth girl from Wakana's class would be nice
I think I'd have preferred if he kept it to the original 10 or maybe like 15 characters tops. Each one has a decent amount of unique characterization put into them but their personalities still overlap a lot

Also I agree with the others that I don't like waiting 84 years to see progress on a particular character/story arc. Even when I'm playing ~a year's worth of updates at a time, I get a bit frustrated at times because there'll be some interesting event with some character and then you don't get to see them again for like 3-4 hours of game time. And then by the time you see them again, everything has cooled down, the urgency/excitement is lost, and nothing really happens. I think the justification for things being pushed under the rug tends to be either a) there was a reset, so everyone forgot about it or b) there was some supernatural shit going on so everyone forgot about it, and sometimes c) time heals everything (which are kinda acceptable reasons) but it's still frustrating.

And ofc the wait is worse when you're playing update-by-update but that's a sort of self-inflicted wound :p I tend to switch between playing every update upon release and letting many months worth of updates build up. Was thinking of stepping away from the game for ~6mo again after .41 but it turned out to be S-tier and I've been keeping up with the previews for .42 so I can't wait to play it!

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
I think I'd have preferred if he kept it to the original 10 or maybe like 15 characters tops. Each one has a decent amount of unique characterization put into them but their personalities still overlap a lot

Also I agree with the others that I don't like waiting 84 years to see progress on a particular character/story arc. Even when I'm playing ~a year's worth of updates at a time, I get a bit frustrated at times because there'll be some interesting event with some character and then you don't get to see them again for like 3-4 hours of game time. And then by the time you see them again, everything has cooled down, the urgency/excitement is lost, and nothing really happens. I think the justification for things being pushed under the rug tends to be either a) there was a reset, so everyone forgot about it or b) there was some supernatural shit going on so everyone forgot about it, and sometimes c) time heals everything (which are kinda acceptable reasons) but it's still frustrating.

And ofc the wait is worse when you're playing update-by-update but that's a sort of self-inflicted wound :p I tend to switch between playing every update upon release and letting many months worth of updates build up. Was thinking of stepping away from the game for ~6mo again after .41 but it turned out to be S-tier and I've been keeping up with the previews for .42 so I can't wait to play it!
I agree. Having been playing since like the 4th or 5th update, the time between updates with characters that I actually care about has been one of the more annoying non-purposeful frustrations with the game. It doesn't help either that there are a handful of characters that get much more love from the developer than others, and if you don't really like those characters then too bad. I personally don't care about Makoto or Futaba pretty much at all, but often times they (esp. Makoto) are so consequential to the overarching story that you can't even really afford to just ctrl past their events without missing shit that is relevant for other aspects of the game. I remember distinctly when the second floor started getting added and I just knew that things were going to start getting spread too thin. If any more characters were added at this point I feel like any sort of further meaningful development and conclusion to certain character's arcs would just be either impossible, or take so long that the game itself would run out of steam. And as much as I enjoy the story, it already feels like things need to start wrapping up fairly soon.

I've already started getting tired of Akira's new particular flavor of self-loathing with the Maya situation and I personally don't need 10,000 more lines of dialogue about how new Maya isn't her and how he lost her and failed her and blah blah. That should've been minimized and he should already be well into the mindset of "I promised her I'd bring her back and I need to figure out how." I get he's a piece of shit and cowardly and all that but juxtaposing him losing Maya once with her losing him countless times, I'm just kind of sick of his mentality. This was his 6th reset and he's "lost" literally everyone else multiple times, including the people he cares about most. I never felt that the Maya thing should take this long for him to come to terms with. I get that she was his anchor throughout the resets but I think there is a lot to be said about the story just kinda getting on with it at this point. More characters would only dampen what little momentum has already been built up with Akira's character in figuring out what he needs and wants to do.

thegeo

Aug 10, 2017
As someone who last played in March and took a break until this update (3 updates? Or was it only 2 because of the break but anyways) its crazy how trash of an update the Nodokathon/Dorm Wars update was compared to the most recent update. Spent a few hours just reading through the thread here about the Io choice.

If every update was at nodokathon level I think id be almost ready to just check out permanently or take a loooong break but damn im just instantly pulled back in again after this. Though I am quite unsatisfied with the Kirin/Karin drama as that was the big cliffhanger when I last played, and if anything this update has just solidified my super low opinion of Kirin.

Kirin went from being someone who leveraged blackmail over Sensei to essentially fuck with Ayane for no reason to just being a complete spineless wimp, in my eyes she has lost every bit of spice/interesting factors that separated her from the rest of the class when she was first introduced. I just see no reason to be interested or motivated to care about anything she says/does at this point compared to all the other interesting shit going on right now.

Last edited:

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
Dorm 2 characters have kinda grown on me as being more distinct over time. Dorm 1 was designed as basic dating sim archetypes but with a manipulative predator as the MC. And of course over time Sel fleshed them out and added twists to them. But Dorm 2 is better built to explore Akira's character and his dark side. For instance his wizard attraction: originally we would have only seen that through flashbacks with Maya and maybe scenes with Chinami. Now there's Io, Uta, Tsukasa, and Tsubasa who can all confront him on it in different ways. Maybe even Noriko or Nodoka could bring it up later. So when this is all finished I think the expanded roster will fit Sel's vision a bit better. But boy, as an update-to-update reader I would have loved for there to be less girls and thus less time waiting to get through character arcs.

Also, this is all except for Karin. I still don't think Karin has added anything to the story that couldn't be accomplished some other way. Give her screentime to Moyo; everyone loves Moyo.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Can you do the beach even without doing anything naughty with chika
As it has been said, there are two paths possible. In one of them you have schadenfreude (event with Chika on her dorm) before the beach trip, which triggers bad homie. If you wait to do schadenfreude after the beach trip, you trigger good homie (the optimal Rin path imo).

Kissing Chika after taking her home is fine in regards to the homie situation. Rin will not fault you for it. But schadenfreude is a no-no.

Edit: since I think I got this to you too late, here's a tip on an upcoming event (down the line). If you ever play "fuck, marry, kill" with Kirin, do not choose kill for her or you'll miss an event (any other option is fine). I say this because iirc the guide doesn't mention this.

Reactions: Nobodyknowsmeok

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
I remember Maya saying that the boxes was just her lunch/reset supplies. Or did we think that was just a half-truth for some reason?
Not sure I remember that, but either way too much focus has been put on it and she's too secretive about them for it to not either be something to be revealed, or a gag down the line if it is something innocuous. The idea of Maya dragging around MREs is very funny though

• Haha
Reactions: Antosha and aramaug
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes