Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Since we cannot be sure if the Sekai we see throught the game is the real person OR a projection for the sake of the convo i will assume the former.I do so because of how similar Sekai(in Akiras eyes) is compared to the flashbacks we see.

Now you said that Sekai in fact had a tiny bit of goodness into her since she treated Ami with love and was very affectionate towards her.Now this will get into moral territory so there isnt really a "Correct" answer so im just going to contribute to the converstation in hopes that it inspires something productive.Now then.

Saying that Sekai was even a tiny fraction good because she treated Ami with love and affection doesnt sit right with me.For me a parent is not good because they treat their child with love and affection.That is the bare minimum every parent has to do.

Now unto the Akira lines.Akiras "love" stems not from a healthy romantic relationship but from constant abuse and emotional manipulation.Sekai not only abused Akira(As far as we know ONLY sexually so no verbal abuse or no physical abuse) but she also had plans to take him and Ami away from Nozumo.His "love" for Sekai was just the result of the aformentioned repeated abuse and manipulation and nothing more.

Now you can ask "How was that accomplished?".I will point out 2 very important events to understand where all of this stems from.The happy event where we see akira being in a elementary(perhaps even younger but i cannot tell for sure) classroom with Sekai as the teacher.We also see a flashback of Sekai helping Akira with his hw(Also i just rember we see her playing peek-a-boo with him at some point when his name was revelead.Hype event).

In short Sekai did the bare minimum for Ami so in my opinion she cant be considered a good person at all just from that and Senseis "love" is the result of years long abuse and manipulation.

PS:I will also apologise in advance if any of my remarks sound aggressive or rude.My aim is not to admonish you(Or anyone that i engage with) but to have a productive convo about the game.Praise be!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Doesnt everyone have that experience?

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
How do you know? Shinobu exists and nobody bats an eye
Excuse you, she's called Kiss Shot Acerola Orion Heart Under Blade.

And, I mean, if you've seen Kizumonogatari she's very much an adult woman. She's just so powerful and old that she chooses/accepts to become young/"fragile" again. It's a wonderful metaphor tbh.

There are many examples that were "inspired" by her that are just lolis with the justification of being a 400 year old vampire though. Arifureta is the most obvious example in recent memory, since it's not just the appearance but the protagonist actively engages her sexually.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Excuse you, she's called Kiss Shot Acerola Orion Heart Under Blade.

And, I mean, if you've seen Kizumonogatari she's very much an adult woman. She's just so powerful and old that she chooses/accepts to become young/"fragile" again. It's a wonderful metaphor tbh.
I actively forget her adult form exists since her kid form is funnier to watch.Also kizu was peak and every day that all the monogatari LN volumes arent translated into english so i can buy them is another day filled with pain misery and suffering.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I actively forget her adult form exists since her kid form is funnier to watch.Also kizu was peak and every day that all the monogatari LN volumes arent translated into english so i can buy them is another day filled with pain misery and suffering.
such a masterpiece that it doesn't even deserve being called anime, it went beyond it.

DeanNorris

Aug 20, 2022
Just to add my two cents on the "right path" discussion:
I categorically agree with (I believe it was) Moonflare's take that, while it is up to every individual, the intended path by the author would be the green path, simply due to the fact that it has the most/all scenes, while other paths often have content cut short or removed altogether. This is true and makes sense, however, I want to also stress that the dev made a conscious decision to make this game an interactive VN instead of a kinetic novel, including diverging paths and alternating dialogues and scenarios, so I don't think anyone not following that path should feel bad or automatically think "welp, it's not canon!".

I absolutely understand people having this OCD itch (OCD not being literał here of course, I know this is an overused/misused term) to collect all the CGs and see as much content as possible and avoid the dreaded FOMO. But personally, I am also one of the tiny bitch ass pussy players who tries to immerse himself with the MC (and oh boy, is this game making it awkward to do so, amirite?) and pick the options that either I think fits best to Akira and what his reasoning would be (considering that I am being given a choice instead of being fucked over by a cruel godGOD) or that I personally would simply prefer to do/not do.

I remember, for example, in the beginning of the game that I consciously chose to bone Sara simply because I thought it would be perfectly fitting for Akira Sensei to want to bone the hot Mom of one of his students (who I thought was off-limits anyway, given her behavior back then, not knowing that apparently all girls would eventually get lewd scenes), as well as Haruka (where admittedly, her honkers made me go all BOOBA which might or might not have influenced my decision making), the latter of which I later bitterly regretted by the time that weird Pareidolia event happened (you know which one I mean).
I get that this is ultimately the authors vision of what Akira's twisted mind would really want to happen, but given a choice, I would have liked to avoid that development and had a feeling I could cope explain my decision by the fact that Akira seemed to try and become a better person. I did so when confronted with the option to go the lewd path with Maki and refusing, but that was just shortly after Makoto's mental breakdown and Akira's emotions coming to surface. And to me personally, it did not feel right to betray her like that after these experiences. Though, again, I completely understand how in the author's mind this would be exactly what Akira would do. I just don't feel obliged to follow his reasoning and gratefully accept the option to choose a different path and build my head canon around that.

_____

Now on a totally different note (I want to avoid double posting), I randomly listened to a song earlier today which lyrics immediately made me think of this game. This might have already been discussed in the past, but have you guys ever made this experience? Do you have songs that either tonally or musically remind you of LiL? I am quite unfamiliar with J-Pop so I don't think I would know any songs that would actually realistically fit to be part of the soundtrack. Disregarding this whole awkward 4th wall breaking spiel with the alt-rock band Noriko brought in during the Dorm wars episode (I was not checking the forums then, but I hope everyone else also really disliked most of those sections).

Anyways, the song I listened to was Ace of Hz by Ladytron. Again, this would absolutely not be the kind of music I would expect to play during any scene in LiL, but I found the lyrics to be oddly fitting when interpreting them as Pareidolia/Sekai/HOPE convincing Akira to collect teenager's "hearts" like valuable cards, breaking them in the process. Maybe it's just me though.

Also, talking about cards, I can't remember there being any theme or metaphors about playing cards (not trading cards) anywhere in the game, which I now find surprising, given that our Supreme Leader Selebussy is living in Texas, of all places. Then again, lore-wise, it would probably not necessarily fit the Japanese setting, because I am fairly certain they don't really play card games with the deck that is typically used in the West and instead something like Riichi Mahjong is much more popular there. I might be wrong though.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
such a masterpiece that it doesn't even deserve being called anime, it went beyond it.
That is why this series is by leaps and bound my favourite.I discovered it when i was young and rewatch it every couple of years.I cannot tell you how it gets better every time i do but it does.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I categorically agree with (I believe it was) Moonflare's take that, while it is up to every individual, the intended path by the author would be the green path, simply due to the fact that it has the most/all scenes, while other paths often have content cut short or removed altogether. This is true and makes sense, however, I want to also stress that the dev made a conscious decision to make this game an interactive VN instead of a kinetic novel, including diverging paths and alternating dialogues and scenarios, so I don't think anyone not following that path should feel bad or automatically think "welp, it's not canon!".

I absolutely understand people having this OCD itch (OCD not being literał here of course, I know this is an overused/misused term) to collect all the CGs and see as much content as possible and avoid the dreaded FOMO. But personally, I am also one of the tiny bitch ass pussy players who tries to immerse himself with the MC (and oh boy, is this game making it awkward to do so, amirite?) and pick the options that either I think fits best to Akira and what his reasoning would be (considering that I am being given a choice instead of being fucked over by a cruel godGOD) or that I personally would simply prefer to do/not do.

I remember, for example, in the beginning of the game that I consciously chose to bone Sara simply because I thought it would be perfectly fitting for Akira Sensei to want to bone the hot Mom of one of his students (who I thought was off-limits anyway, given her behavior back then, not knowing that apparently all girls would eventually get lewd scenes), as well as Haruka (where admittedly, her honkers made me go all BOOBA which might or might not have influenced my decision making), the latter of which I later bitterly regretted by the time that weird Pareidolia event happened (you know which one I mean).
I get that this is ultimately the authors vision of what Akira's twisted mind would really want to happen, but given a choice, I would have liked to avoid that development and had a feeling I could cope explain my decision by the fact that Akira seemed to try and become a better person. I did so when confronted with the option to go the lewd path with Maki and refusing, but that was just shortly after Makoto's mental breakdown and Akira's emotions coming to surface. And to me personally, it did not feel right to betray her like that after these experiences. Though, again, I completely understand how in the author's mind this would be exactly what Akira would do. I just don't feel obliged to follow his reasoning and gratefully accept the option to choose a different path and build my head canon around that.

_____

Now on a totally different note (I want to avoid double posting), I randomly listened to a song earlier today which lyrics immediately made me think of this game. This might have already been discussed in the past, but have you guys ever made this experience? Do you have songs that either tonally or musically remind you of LiL? I am quite unfamiliar with J-Pop so I don't think I would know any songs that would actually realistically fit to be part of the soundtrack. Disregarding this whole awkward 4th wall breaking spiel with the alt-rock band Noriko brought in during the Dorm wars episode (I was not checking the forums then, but I hope everyone else also really disliked most of those sections).

Anyways, the song I listened to was Ace of Hz by Ladytron. Again, this would absolutely not be the kind of music I would expect to play during any scene in LiL, but I found the lyrics to be oddly fitting when interpreting them as Pareidolia/Sekai/HOPE convincing Akira to collect teenager's "hearts" like valuable cards, breaking them in the process. Maybe it's just me though.

Also, talking about cards, I can't remember there being any theme or metaphors about playing cards (not trading cards) anywhere in the game, which I now find surprising, given that our Supreme Leader Selebussy is living in Texas, of all places. Then again, lore-wise, it would probably not necessarily fit the Japanese setting, because I am fairly certain they don't really play card games with the deck that is typically used in the West and instead something like Riichi Mahjong is much more popular there. I might be wrong though.
Ive actually talked about this before but this is Akiras unfortunate constitution as the protagonist of this world(Get cunted Nao)

Everything he touches will eventually break.Every relationship he forms will end with both people involved getting hurt beyond repair.Nothing he does will change this simple fact.Truly tragic.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021

_____

I personally think if you include choices in your game but don't properly flesh out both options or just have them lead to the same place then you are just wasting the player's time and hurting interest in your game. The fact that any of us are still here in spite of this is a credit to Sel's writing.

DeanNorris

Aug 20, 2022
I personally think if you include choices in your game but don't properly flesh out both options or just have them lead to the same place then you are just wasting the player's time and hurting interest in your game. The fact that any of us are still here in spite of this is a credit to Sel's writing.
I agree with your there in principal. The ideal way would be to include diverging paths but actually flesh them out and make the impact meaningful.

At the end of the day though, in doing so he would create a lot more complex weave of storylines, having to both add content to all possible branches, as well as pay more attention to any plot holes and logical errors. This in turn would increase the development time and/or decrease the quality of the writing.
Ultimately, as much as everyone likes to hate on Selly (often times for good reason), I pity any developer for having to make such a decision. He chose to do a compromise that won't fully satisfy either side. However, as explained in my earlier post, I can personally very well live with the current set-up as I feel like I receive the option to alter the story marginally to my liking/head canon, at the expense of missing some scenes and the realization that the decisions I made actually didn't factually change much to the general story (so far).

Still, I have to this day refused to even think about picking the Stomachache option, despite everyone raving about it, simply because I would rather read through 3,000 pages of Tiermaker ratings of forum members than have to be faced with what canonically (?) happened to poor Io (I am tearing up just from the thought of it).

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Ive actually talked about this before but this is Akiras unfortunate constitution as the protagonist of this world(Get cunted Nao)

Everything he touches will eventually break.Every relationship he forms will end with both people involved getting hurt beyond repair.Nothing he does will change this simple fact.Truly tragic.
I get what you're saying, but honestly? If that's really where we're headed at the very end — everything/one falls to shit, whoo-hoo! — I'm going to find that really disappointing and, if I'm honest, boring. Not tragic. Boring.

We're all on a one-way trip through a garbage chute (resets notwithstanding). But it seems to me that brief triumphs against entropy are a lot more interesting than focusing on the bleak and unavoidable.

Yes, Sensei blows things up, even when he doesn't want to. Especially when he doesn't want to. So I grant that's a kind of tragic flaw.

But if what we get at the end of X years of this long, strange trip through the dark is that, yup, Sensei blows things up.... I'll be pissed.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
But if what we get at the end of X years of this long, strange trip through the dark is that, yup, Sensei blows things up.... I'll be pissed.
Blowing thiings up is the journey, not the destination. The destiantion is more likely to be the girls pulling themselves back together after Akira blows out their backs. I mean blows their minds. Jesus fuck, not that. I mean blows up their lives.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Now on a totally different note (I want to avoid double posting), I randomly listened to a song earlier today which lyrics immediately made me think of this game. This might have already been discussed in the past, but have you guys ever made this experience?
I experienced something similar to this but it probably isn't what you're thinking.

My wife was watching youtube in the living room, and out of nowhere I started hearing one of Sharou's songs coming from her general direction; fucking Sharou! (iirc it was this one but I might've confused it with this artist's other songs).

Reasonably, I spilled my tea and immediately went into panic, thinking that she figured me out or worse, she played this shit too. But turned out it really was just a random youtube clip using it as BGM and it had nothing to do with LiL (the audacity!)
1724202485952.png

Ma1phas

May 18, 2022
I get what you're saying, but honestly? If that's really where we're headed at the very end — everything/one falls to shit, whoo-hoo! — I'm going to find that really disappointing and, if I'm honest, boring. Not tragic. Boring.

We're all on a one-way trip through a garbage chute (resets notwithstanding). But it seems to me that brief triumphs against entropy are a lot more interesting than focusing on the bleak and unavoidable.

Yes, Sensei blows things up, even when he doesn't want to. Especially when he doesn't want to. So I grant that's a kind of tragic flaw.

Agreed. We're more than a decade into a social obsession with everything being deconstructions of happy things, and avoiding good ends in favor of downer ends no matter what anyone does, or at best bittersweet.
It's boring. It's not clever, original, or good writing. It's boring. And maybe you could say the same of the traditional hero's journey, but at least people actually like the triumph at the end.
Struggle, fail and die is as played out and boring as "what if superman but evil?"

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Even though the update is more than halfway complete its been kinda slow in terms of previews and what not. But on the bright side we get to see Touka's bare breasts in game for the first time. And Yasu's too I suppose.
Long have I waited for this moment…

Dc345

May 27, 2020
I experienced something similar to this but it probably isn't what you're thinking.

My wife was watching youtube in the living room, and out of nowhere I started hearing one of Sharou's songs coming from her general direction; fucking Sharou! (iirc it was this one but I might've confused it with this artist's other songs).

Reasonably, I spilled my tea and immediately went into panic, thinking that she figured me out or worse, she played this shit too. But turned out it really was just a random youtube clip using it as BGM and it had nothing to do with LiL (the audacity!)
View attachment 3951632
"Honey have you heard of this game called Lessons in Love?"
"Also what's the "Word of The Day?"

sirpoff

May 23, 2017
Hi, I was wondering if there has been any discussion on the moons? I'm asking cause I was replaying the beach event with Sana where all 3 moons show up and noticed the moon's image is the backside of the moon, not the front. Do you think Sel purposely chose the backside of the moon for a reason or not?

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes