VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Life Happened [v0.4.3] [Kinky Shop]

1. 5.00 star(s)

DocClank

Moderator note: EDITED using Google translate, because it was not originally in English:

Great game, good image quality, impeccable and very interesting story, but the most important thing is the protagonist with power and not being weak. I hope the developer finishes it sooner or later because it was on the right track
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Spinxas

Really great renders, CG and the prologue. Sadly the game is very short and falls apart after the prologue as there is only "skip scene" choices and not a lot of content. There is a lot of gaps in the plot even though the developer tried to write everything up, the scenery and thoughts.
    In current state it is average game with great renders and poor story/plot, as it is abandoned it is very short with not a lot to see or experience.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Incombat

oof, this game can't get a break in the review score, even though the quality is there among top tier - carefully crafted backgrounds(just a bit too much filters , to obfuscate familiar assets I guess), characters(Rachel looked very unique, Chubs and Feio faces as well), story clearly inspired by 80s era movies, like "Once upon a time in America", sex scenes with some elbow grease put into it, what with different angles, fluids(Dana's drip is crazy :p), expressions and writing, and a bit of storytelling flair, like "Jacky's world effect".

Overall, it's pretty solid package, that suffered from a bit of slowburn in storytelling, and from big timeskip that cut a game into 2 separate parts, alienating those who loved the prologue with bit more romantic and teenager drama, and those that liked more "player reigns, so here's a bit of power fantasy" present part, but were annoyed that prologue is currently majority of the content.

So main fault would be only unfinished state(because I'd wager there's plenty of room to insert some side stories and flashbacks that were happening while MC was conquering his London's seat Mafia 3 style), which is the reality we have to deal with in this mostly crowdfunded industry - would love to see this in complete form some day.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    . Maybe adapting seasonal / book release format would appease some people? Idk
    And a bit of excessive description -dev should have confidence in his renders - once it's established for players that facial expressions and background detail are there for a reason, not by accident or some stock asset placeholders, you can just draw attention to them by creating movement that attracts the eye with transition between frames.

Anyway, I hope dev doesn't completely abandon work on adult projects, he clearly has passion and aptitude for it, just maybe not the planning-marketing part(which can be said for majority of devs, but worth pointing out when it's the ONLY thing lacking).
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Iraiva

This game does suffer from a preponderance of text, but excels in every other aspect.
    Be it the storyline, the renders, the scenes - all of them are top notch.
    Really, I couldn't point out to you a single flaw other than it being overly verbose.

It does say something about this game when the only complaints from those giving it a fewer number of stars are those who cannot tolerate tastes other than that of their own in a game (one easily avoided at that), doesn't it?

Sadly, this game does seem to have been subjected to review bombing from the Anti - NTR brigade.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Hahn1900

I replayed the game, once i was a fan, not anymore...

The prologue is really good, would the game go on like that, it could be one of the best around here... but it doesnt.

After the very good prologue everything falls apart.

The "jump" forward is way to big, you cant recognize the MC anymore and every connection to every single character out of the prologue is gone.

So you get thrown in a whole different approach from that part on... youre in a realtionship with a wife you dont know... there is no connection to her in any way, she is just "poof" there and thats it... you cant expect me to care about here if she just appearded out of nowhere without any introduction. And all the lovely characters from the prologue are gone. And i asked myself... why even bother to make such a big prologue with a good build up between the chracters if you drop everything afterwards?

And than we have the content with Donna... well like in the opening post, yep you CAN avoid the sharing/ntr parts... well but to precise you could say, if you play love route, you skip just every content, cause there is none... the games focuses on the NTR/sharing route alone. And sorry, after this kind of romance-prologue this is a big no go... if you give us the option between mulitple routes, there should be the same amount of content for all the routes, if you cant deliver that, dont do multiple routes.

apart from that, the whole story gets a mess too... after the prologue the last thing that makes sense, is that the MC is becoming a ruthless big mafia boss who doesnt care for anyone. That just dont makes any sense... And after the prologue most of the time the DEV decided to let a narrator describe what you can see in the renders... which is stretching out every scene so much that its getting very annoying... come on... you made a render with everything we need to see, there is just NO NEED to type several lines to describe everything about what can be seen... its just annoying and after some minutes you force us to skip so much that there is no point in playing any further.

The renders are some of the best i have seen around here... but whats the point in making good renders when you dont let them speak for themself? Some other devs have this habit too... there is no need to describe what you can see... maybe let us get some "feelings" or "thoughts" from the characters, but that should be about it... i mean, sometimes it felt like you want to make this VN "visible" for blind people too... but i dont think blind people would download a VN.

Overall, it think the DEV needs some good advice from a good author, and dont give the audience choices if for one route there isnt content... actually, you can choose to play NTR route, or you can choose to play nothing. Thats just not good.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

sixpo2

This game has awesome graphics. It would be perfect game. Unfortunately it is not like that. There are just few interesting scenes and the story is not somthing what will catch you and dont let go. But again perfect graphics.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

whizwart

Woof, the is hard. This is one of the best rendered games on here, with a well thought out story line that's compelling and up there with some of the best. There's also a fun use of inner thoughts as smaller text next to dialogue to show the character's true thoughts. I also applaud any Portuguese made content, as I think it's underrepresented, particularly the Brazilian dialect.

So why 2 stars, you ask?

Well, first, the game suffers from what I call "Moby Dick Syndrome", in that its WAY too descriptive. Emotions and actions that are better shown in the render. The old axium "Show, don't tell" gets ignored, so we end up with a Narrator that is completely unnecessary. The church scene, which initially feels tense and impactful, just drags on and on and oooonnn. Don't get me wrong, I love the slow burn, but if I had to read one more note about how one of the characters was surprised at the lack of respect from another, I was gonna lose it. The render is showing us that emotion, there isn't a need to repeatedly note it.

Additionally, the Prologue is an issue. I think I read the Dev acknowledged this, but it honestly needs addressing. At this point, the Prologue IS the game/story. Most H scenes are contained in it, and its easily the biggest chunk of content. However, it's EXCRUCIATINGLY long. So much so, I didn't even make it half way before I went back to the main menu and selected to skip it as I couldn't not take one more flashback. I think it should say something that if you feel you need to put a skip function over a large part of you game for non-updated content reasons, you need to rethink some things.

I want to be clear, I would love to see what Kinky Shop's next effort is. the craftmanship and talent are there, it just needs to get tightened up.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Crowangel

One of the best visual tales out there.. the lengthy prologue sets the scene for a truly great and immersive tale that will be hopefully one day up there with the recognised greats by ocean and others.. I was blown away by the visuals, the story, the characters and just how involved you become as the mc.. It captivated me early and once the prologue was done i was so involved in this STORY.. yes story.. finally more creators that can actually deliver on that.. I love this project and cant wait to see where it goes.. Long live the Future King
  9. 4.00 star(s)

nitkonikic

So close, yet so far away.

Game is almost perfect. Fun characters, good story, beautiful girls. It's interesting, it's different, and most importantly, it's good.

For me personally there are only 2 shortcomings:
    - Prologue is way too long. Seriously, what the heck is that thing? It's great to be introduced to whole backstory and characters from the past and give everyone development and story and all, but holy hell, it feels like a game in itself. Could've been much shorter and still been as good as it is.

- John joke. Personal pet peeve of mine is screen glitching for 4th wall breaks or something such in VNs. I hate it with passion. And then in this game every time MC introduces himself there are few screen flashes/glitches with partial wrong name until chosen name is shown. Why? What does it add? Recurring joke? Sigh...
  10. 1.00 star(s)

lukrame

Literally just a game for cucks and people who like terrible droning stories.

I am flabbergasted at how anyone could get past that prologue. The story is not engaging in any manner and straight up makes the game a worse product. I am incredibly shocked at how decent renders were turned into a snooze-fest just because how boring the story was.

Additionally, the girls are not that hot to me, but to be fair I couldn't make it past that long prologue. I did try.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

lok34

Critique - v0.4.3

Had to knock this one down a couple of stars due to the crazy plot and the kinda punk setting, it makes for a bizarre/disjointed story that doesn't quite captivate the user.

Also one of the renders is way too detailed, never seen it before but you can see the hair all over her body :sick:. It's like shes wearing a worn out fur coat.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

TheKryptonian

My disappointment is immense with this one...

The game is beautiful and starts out really strong with a great prologue that sets the whole story up and gives you some insight into this MC and how he deals with problems.

Sounds pretty great so far right? Well no...

Once we get into the main game the MC is a completely different person who left his backbone and ability to not be a dumbass loser in the past and now instead of wanting to protect the women in his life he starts whoring them out for no "reasons".

The dev stated early on that the sharing/NTR content would be present and avoidable but would be a very "minor" theme in the game. But every update except a small part of one has been focused on that type of content. So after the prologue I would say this game is 80% NTR/sharing and 20% love/romance.

Can't recommend a game where the dev goes back on his stated promises of what content to expect in the game, we have enough of those types of devs lately and this is another name to add to list
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Wolfaze14

Awsome game with an amazing story and interesting game mechanics. Been playing it over and over just to get the different scenes and to min max the stats(even though they don't matter yet. Hope we get major differences in story according to the different stats we get. The next update won't come soon enough.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

sasuke708

Great game, the prologue is long but worth it, the history have a really deep background wich is amazing, and get you deep in the rabbit hole was possible. The sex scenes is well made, the sharing/ntr content is completely avoidable, soo I dont understand why people is complaining.
    This game is truly a master piece, is just sad that the autor don't have much recognition, but I hope that change in the future.
    Version 0.4.3
    Goodluck to the dev.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

SpecY_92

Two major turn offs for me in this game:
    - The prologue is way too long (even though the dev says so in the beginning, but oh man, I didn't expect an hour or more of it)
    - Being forced into patching things up with Rachel in said prologue. At least give us the possibility of choice, since I don't always prefer to "turn the other cheek" and believe cheaters.
    The renders are nice, though. Option to turn on/off NTR, sharing and trans content is also good.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

ResolCrow

Cool game.
    The beggining of story contains a many details about childhood period of groving of man character and doesn't contain some funny content but the second part of story keeps a lot of possible ways of story and has really cool graphic. NTR is avoidable that is fine for me.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

TMBABY

This is a very odd game for me to rate, a lot of the ratings are being lowered because of the NTR/sharing portion of hte game containing content that you cannot get in the love route, however i think that they are mistaken.

I did not play the sharing route, but still got the assassin scene by following the love route, the main problem is the game doesn't tell you the explicit steps to get this route while on love route and its a little convoluted. Whereas on the sharing route, it's easy to get it.

Otherwise the prologue was one of the best starts to a story i have seen on this site, the renders and sex scenes are very good, and the story is in depth and amazing. Honestly i really wish that authors with amazing games didn't put any sharing in the game, because people always leave bad reviews, which makes other people miss out on a great game. The sharing is completely optional and you can get the best scenes without it, which makes it a shame that it has lowered the score so much. Also,if you skip the sharing it is canon, unlike some games where skipping just means it happens off screen.

I would 100% recommend this VN and hope the author learned from this mistake in the future, I'm not a fan of NTR, but this game is not that, it is sharing at most, and seeing a good VN get downvoted because of one scene is sad, next time, just make it without NTR/sharing so it wont get downvoted, and you get the recognition you deserve, because it truly is a great story.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

Nelson4ever

The Positives are the Art and the Female characters in the prologue and the Prologue story is good.
    Rest of them like the story after the prologue and the writing after it is bad .
    The change in story when Main character beating the crap out of the NPC who kissed one of the Love interest in Prologue to the point where MC sharing his Love Interest for information after prologue clearly says about the writing . And we lose a LI if we don't wanna play Trans content . And the avoidable route ( sharing ) gets more importance and content than the love and lust route , says which direction the game is going . If you are hoping for some romance in this game , you are most likely disappointed with Love route with Donna , you are stuck with her .
    Apart from the Wonderful prologue and the nice renders , the writing and the story after it messed up the game as of v 0.4.3.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

TheBadGuyofLegend

If you get off on the women you care about loving the idea of hopping on other dicks instead of yours then this game is for you.

If you enjoy great romantic scenes with the women you care about then you will be unbelievable dissapointed.

Just another NTR focused game masquerading as something else.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

AryanKarthick

Played till the latest version 0.4.3
    The prologue of this game started out nice with nice renders , loved all the female characters even though it doesn't have much choices . I personally prefer romance in the games and romance with Rachael was nice . After prologue the story and writing falls apart we are forced with Danna and majority of her content seems to be in sharing route and love / lust route is simply dull , it happens as more importance to sharing route ( updated first ) than other two routes .
    Overall after a nice prologue story jumps into the future and becomes boring with no other LI than donna ,I had to skip all dialogues till the end . I don't recommend it if you prefer romance in the game , maybe if you prefer sharing in games you may like it .