VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Life Happened [v0.4.3] [Kinky Shop]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Lasse.9

pretty damn good in my opinion. deffinitely going to be in my top of AVN's. game has very few problems. the flashback is simply to long though, and i wish the story in flashback would stay more on track, instead of the conversation trailing off in the start mostly, and i would like a walktrough though.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

kantigura

Version 0.2.1 was my first time with this VN, and am really impressed so far. Being a rpg game player I loved the backstory. The dev does a really great job of painting the MC past and how he go to whee he is in life. Equally well done is the way the dev brings the people from the MC past to life, by the time the flashback is done, you will either like or hate the characters you meet. The "antagonist" of the story is great, I just love to hate that character.
    The characters look good, story is compelling, and while there are not many choices yet, the ones you get with Danna do give the player some nice options as to how it could turn out.
    The only thing I found a little lacking, was not having much backstory on Danna, made it hard to care about her as much as some of the girls from his past. That being said, with how the story is going, I just know the dev will, when appropriate, paint us a great story about her as well.

If you like a VN with great story and characters, you will love this.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

bonetown

Didn't expect such an ambitious and long introduction. The dev putted a lot of work in this project, the amount and the quality of renders are amazing.
    The backstory is entertaining and appealing, not a lot of choices for now but it didn't bothered my immersion.

Can't wait for the main storyline now.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Hs2211

As of v0.2.1

Very positive start to the game. Intro has a lot of exposition but the story telling is good and compelling. I could feel my heartbreak all over again.

Renders are good, so is the story so far but the choices are few and far in between.

All in all, it is a great start bu there is room for improvement by adding animation and maybe some more meaningful choices. I expect good things from this developer.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

dick bullcock

No.
    Sorry.
    Well, at least not for me.
    Renders are so good, maybe an abuse of the color lights, but it is the way the artist want to do it. So the graphic part is really good. (y) (y) (y)

Someone forgot the tag VN. with 46.000 words, and only a couple of interactions, when you gets an interaction point you has forget what was the plot about. 46.000 words is a hard work. But it needs more interaction, so much more.

The graphic artist is a great user of the tools. For me, an abuse of the color lights, anyway the art has a fabulous use of field deep and the photo frame, maybe one of the best I have ever seen. My congratulations for that!
  6. 3.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

I couldn't get past the writing mishaps. I made it about 20 or so minutes in.

PROS
    Renders
    Story

CONS
    The grammar has some misuse of words in several different dialogues
    The back story is longer than needed

Overall
    This possibly could be really good. The back story needs shortening. I only played for about 20 minutes, and about 18 of that was back story. Maybe shortening that might help. It doesn't seem like a bad VN. I just couldn't get past the opening. I recommend at least trying it out. It will peek some interests out there. Keep working and good luck
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Condemned77

Decided to rereview this game after so long.
    The game now starts off with a very very long winded introduction of the MC and his tragic, ridiculously over the top crazy fantasy past(even without including all the hot women drooling over the fat, awkward nerd) with the worst opening art ever thanks entirely to the dev putting a terrible filter over the whole thing making each picture very granny and devoid of almost all colour, i was close to abandoning the game as it went on for so long that i thought all the art was going to be like this(seriously if you absolutely have to use filters they should be for short scenes only).

After the unnecessary long and mostly pointless back story which seems to only be there to waste time as the large "conflict" which goes on for months after a large event which again took time to build is totally solved and reversed in a single conversation, after that the main story starts and given how much unneeded detail went into the back story its surprising the main story suddenly adds unheard of powerful characters to conveniently help the MC exactly when needed and then it skips huge amounts of time.

Characters are pretty bad, there is nothing good about the MC and i cant really imagine anyone wanting to play as his character, the women are mostly sex zombies(given the do it for no reason) to the MC with the exception of the main girl who is dumb and ditzy but the "crazy" who while being the "bad guy" is actually the most interesting character.

The writing is full of anime style contradictions that not only make you cringe but dosent even make any sense "you're a nice guy, don't you ever forget it" the woman says to the career criminal MC as he deliverers his next stolen car in a long long line of stolen cars.

As for the choices they let you have sex with different/more people but they have nothing to do with the story demonstrated by where they are put and what the type of choice they are, if you don't choose the "correct story choice" the game dosent make any sense, for example the story forgives a person and the MC clamies undying love for her making being faithful to her the correct story choice but then after it gives the option to cheat or not which clearly doing dosent fit the story and no it dosent change how the MC feels about her afterwards, it just carries on as if he didn't cheat.

The UI is slow and not very user friendly adding extra steps to basic things like saving, loads of advertising in game for the creator and others as well.

The era, cars, clothes, locations ages and characters don't match or make much sense, add to that the back story which is so set in stone that it makes the rest of the game obvious and you get an overly complicated boring story with lots of time wasting.

Story 1/5 (95% pointless back story)
    Sex 3/5 (some good content but nothing special)
    Characters 1/5
    Art 2.5/5 (would be a lot higher if it was actually visable most of the time)
    Choices 1/5 (dont match the story)
    Kinks 0/5 (none found)
  8. 5.00 star(s)

JohnSmith3216

This game is just getting off the ground, and in such a good way. The images are beautiful and the characters as they are have enough existing depth to be interesting and hint at future development. I very much am looking forward to the future interactions of Danna, Marco and whoever else is introduced later to complicate everything.