Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Glad to finally see the new release. Some thoughts:

- Options menu, and some options as you play need to be translated. They still show up in Portuguese (at least that is what Google Translate says it is). Like Yes/No show up as Sim/Nao, "Return" and "Quit" show up as Voltar and Sair. Sobre on the main menu (About I'd saybased on what shows). Display has the "Fullscreen" option as "Tele cheia", Textbox style has "Pradrao", and Volume has "Volume da voz"

Note: playing on Sandbox, if that's relevant to anything.

- Helped Olivia cook, it says I noticed "other things she is good at", but without elaborating it goes straight over to Emily.

- Upon first meeting Tasha, the only way to get to see the Class scene after talking with her is to abandon Ryan to talk to her. If you encourage him or ignore it... after talking with Tasha it says you go to class, but cuts straight to meeting Liana outside the mall.

- The option to reject watching the movie with Liana and Briana is broken. If you choose that... you still go watch the movie with them. (Not a commentary against the girls, I was just trying options to see how it would play out).

- Logan's class gave me a "Image 'Class0005' not found" error, despite there being a Class0005.jpg file in the Images/Class/ folder.
1724652818626.png

- The toilet bullies. I chose not to act... the victims still acted like I had chosen the violent option. I said I wanted nothing to do with trouble, Tom and Conner acted like I'd threatened and chased the bullies off.

- Upon meeting Natalie at the bar, you bring up some guy she was with at a club. Yet the MC has never been in a club at this point, and had not seen her with anyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: DirectXD1943

neuberg24

Sep 29, 2023
No problem, I'm sure you'll like the changes and what's coming!
I think I played the previous version of this game if I'm not confusing anything. And there were paths of choice,
which led to NTR with two main LIs (step-sister and neighbor). And implicit ones - with the step mother - when
"for some unknown reason" she goes into the shower with two guys on the beach (but what goes next was not shown, though).

In this version I don’t see the something like that at all, has the concept been changed? Can we consider the game "vanilla" for now?

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
I think I played the previous version of this game if I'm not confusing anything. And there were paths of choice,
which led to NTR with two main LIs (step-sister and neighbor). And implicit ones - with the step mother - when
"for some unknown reason" she goes into the shower with two guys on the beach (but what goes next was not shown, though).

In this version I don’t see the something like that at all, has the concept been changed? Can we consider the game "vanilla" for now?
Game starts off asking you to pick a branch - solo (no NTR/NTS), Normal (possible NTR/NTS), and HardCore (likely/guaranteed NTR/NTS). So I'd say the concept hasn't changed on that aspect, but if you want a pure vanilla experience... you can still pick Solo, and if handled the same as it was originally... you'll see no NTR/NTS at all.

Currently don't see anything that could be considered NTR/NTS in the game. So that will likely start to get added in as options (for those on those paths), next update onwards.

neuberg24

Sep 29, 2023
Game starts off asking you to pick a branch - solo (no NTR/NTS), Normal (possible NTR/NTS), and HardCore (likely/guaranteed NTR/NTS). So I'd say the concept hasn't changed on that aspect, but if youi want a pure vanilla experience... you can still pick Solo, and if handled the same as it was originally... you'll see no NTR/NTS at all.
mm..okay, thx. Didn't notice any stats, because I choosed kinetic novel mode, not sandbox.

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
mm..okay, thx. Didn't notice any stats, because I choosed kinetic novel mode, not sandbox.
You should have gotten the following option when you started the game (I play on Sandbox, but just tested with Visual Novel and still get this):
1724651010305.png

Solo = vanilla
Normal = possible NTR/NTS based on your choices
HardCore = likely/guaranteed NTR/NTS.

TBH, based on the wording when you choose HardCore, it seems more likely it's guaranteed NTR, while Normal relies of your choices whether it happens, and Solo just blocks that entirely.

Edit - using URM, and option 3 = forced NTR/NTS. If you pick that, the girls will do things with other guys... no choice/option from you.

As for stats - if you look in the top right corner, you should see the following 3 icons - this is available in both Sandbox and Visual Novel:
1724651246748.png

P = links to Patreon
Male symbol - lets you check the stats of male characters. So MC's Good/Evil, as well as friend/enemy with other male characters.
Female - lets you check love/perv/nice stats of the female characters in the game (to get an idea of how they feel about you).

Last edited:

Febui

May 6, 2022
A random mix of English and Portuguese it appears, at least in buttons. "Yes" and "No" are straight-forward enough, but if the dialog starts throwing Portuguese at me I will be entirely lost. I am NOT that good at it.
The relationship style I'm slightly unclear about. I assume solo is basically devoid of NTR, normal you can always stop it, and hardcore you cannot stop it at all, but would I miss any on Normal?
I do want to be cheated on without my consent, and hardcore says the girls will do that, so it would be perfect... But also it ironically would actually prevent me from getting NTR if the girls are swept up by other people before I start a relationship with them. Is that how it works? A little clarification would be nice.

"Hey aren't you the guy that was looking at me changing this morning?"
"Yeah"
"You're admitting it?"
"Don't you like honesty? Besides it is your fault, you should have closed the window if you didn't want to be seen"
"Huh, that's fair"
This girl is mentally deficient and I deserve better.

I might have glossed over something, but I don't think Emily and I are half-siblings, I'm pretty sure we're step-siblings.

And oh that was a bit short. And it all felt... Like it never really got started. Well... Alright.

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
Played this long time ago and by the looks of old saves last thing I did was some kind of party twister event or truth or dare... Old saves don't work so I start fresh. Went visual novel mode because of convenience, but the way it's coded is such a mess. I don't like the order/pace of events playing out, it doesn't really string well together. Choices seem very random, like what is difference between nice and great - 2 sepparate routes or just some flavor text? I found at times when you choose option to ignore a girl or deny a proposition game proceeds as if you chose to accept and even in 1 instance game straight up breaks if you choose deny option. So yeah overall a big mess is the visual novel mode..

Could someone tell me if you play Sandbox mode it's less buggy and have more content since last update? Or was this update just this visual novel buggy mess mode, that would be embarassing...

Also many parts of the game are in foreign language and I did not see options for languages in settings.

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
got this error when going to bed after watching the movie where the cat made some noise
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/Emily.rpy", line 690, in script
jump Chapter02
ScriptError: could not find label 'Chapter02'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/Emily.rpy", line 690, in script
jump Chapter02
File "C:\Users\****\Downloads\LifeinAlphaville-Version_0.6.0-pc\LifeinAlphaville-Version_0.6.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1701, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\****\Downloads\LifeinAlphaville-Version_0.6.0-pc\LifeinAlphaville-Version_0.6.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 1103, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'Chapter02'.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
Life in Alphaville Version_0.6.0
Mon Aug 26 10:26:36 2024

GameleaksStudio

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2019

The pool club scene and the truth or dare game have not yet been included in this new adaptation because I am redoing the sex scenes, making them lighter and more attractive. There will be a lot of NTR content for those who want this path in the next update.

A random mix of English and Portuguese it appears, at least in buttons. "Yes" and "No" are straight-forward enough, but if the dialog starts throwing Portuguese at me I will be entirely lost. I am NOT that good at it.
The relationship style I'm slightly unclear about. I assume solo is basically devoid of NTR, normal you can always stop it, and hardcore you cannot stop it at all, but would I miss any on Normal?
I do want to be cheated on without my consent, and hardcore says the girls will do that, so it would be perfect... But also it ironically would actually prevent me from getting NTR if the girls are swept up by other people before I start a relationship with them. Is that how it works? A little clarification would be nice.

"Hey aren't you the guy that was looking at me changing this morning?"
"Yeah"
"You're admitting it?"
"Don't you like honesty? Besides it is your fault, you should have closed the window if you didn't want to be seen"
"Huh, that's fair"
This girl is mentally deficient and I deserve better.

I might have glossed over something, but I don't think Emily and I are half-siblings, I'm pretty sure we're step-siblings.

And oh that was a bit short. And it all felt... Like it never really got started. Well... Alright.

I apologize for what was not translated, I write the entire script in Portuguese, as it makes it easier for me to check and correct it throughout the process, I only translate what will be present in the update, some things were left behind, but I will correct that, thank you for to warn!

The name of half-siblings with Emily was poorly translated, but it is because, in Portuguese, they belong to the same word "meio-irmãos".

As for NTR, there are already some visible differences. For example, in the solo game, after the night of wine and pizza, it is Olivia who caresses the MC, in the hardcore version we see Emily do this with Logan. There will be many changes in this regard, especially when we return to the club scenes in the pool and truth or dare, in the next update. I just didn't include everything in this update because, as I said before, I'm redoing the scenes and that has taken time. I'm happy with your feedback, these are things I'll need to pay attention to!

Reactions: Armada1987

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
As for NTR, there are already some visible differences. For example, in the solo game, after the night of wine and pizza, it is Olivia who caresses the MC, in the hardcore version we see Emily do this with Logan. There will be many changes in this regard, especially when we return to the club scenes in the pool and truth or dare, in the next update. I just didn't include everything in this update because, as I said before, I'm redoing the scenes and that has taken time. I'm happy with your feedback, these are things I'll need to pay attention to!
so olivia shouldnt do it on ntr? because she still touched the mc. and i got 2 more bugs. when you go to bed in the last movie night you get an error (i posted it already today) and if you say you have no time to go to the cinema with the twins(?) the scene still plays out.

neuberg24

Sep 29, 2023
The pool club scene and the truth or dare game have not yet been included in this new adaptation because I am redoing the sex scenes, making them lighter and more attractive. There will be a lot of NTR content for those who want this path in the next update.

I apologize for what was not translated, I write the entire script in Portuguese, as it makes it easier for me to check and correct it throughout the process, I only translate what will be present in the update, some things were left behind, but I will correct that, thank you for to warn!

The name of half-siblings with Emily was poorly translated, but it is because, in Portuguese, they belong to the same word "meio-irmãos".

IMHO "the pool club scene" was quite nice (i'm about the shower sex GG with step-mom in vanilla route), but the truth or dare scene sucks no matter you choose (I don’t like them at all, plus it was bugged in previous versions)

Tatsumi

Sep 3, 2017
Major dissapointment to see the game updated after such a long time only to find the NTR removed for now. It's the main factor that's drawing me to the game, though I do also like the large number of girls you can do at once.

Hope this gets updated faster, also please remove the randomness from the bottle spin game and let us choose instead.

Reactions: Saga89

Champinon

May 20, 2017
Honestly I think you should pick either Visual Novel or Sandbox focus and drop the other one because making both at the same time and is a little bit an overkill, it will end with you with a burnout and overworked and nobody wants that.

If I were you, I'd choose Sandbox over VN every day, since is more original and the Sandbox approach of the previous updates was really charming (I'm a little biased here because I love sandbox games with multiple options) but It's your game and your descision, this is just a suggestion from a guy who isn't even a Patron nd those kind of important desicions should be consulted with them.

GameleaksStudio

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2019
so olivia shouldnt do it on ntr? because she still touched the mc. and i got 2 more bugs. when you go to bed in the last movie night you get an error (i posted it already today) and if you say you have no time to go to the cinema with the twins(?) the scene still plays out.
Some scenes will still need to be included, such as the MC refusing to help the boys in the bathroom — then it will go on to a new scene with the bullies — and also removing the scene from the cinema and will be a new meeting with Tiffany and Claire, Emily's friends. But thanks for letting me know! As for NTR, there will still be! But of course, you only chose the Hardcore route at the beginning of the game.

IMHO "the pool club scene" was quite nice (i'm about the shower sex GG with step-mom in vanilla route), but the truth or dare scene sucks no matter you choose (I don’t like them at all, plus it was bugged in previous versions)
I'm making adaptations to truth or dare, to make it more attractive and less repetitive, I've also made a mode without Ryan who was present in the penultimate update. I'm glad you liked the sex scene on the day at the pool club, it will be back in the next update with improved mechanics!

GameleaksStudio

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2019
Honestly I think you should pick either Visual Novel or Sandbox focus and drop the other one because making both at the same time and is a little bit an overkill, it will end with you with a burnout and overworked and nobody wants that.

If I were you, I'd choose Sandbox over VN every day, since is more original and the Sandbox approach of the previous updates was really charming (I'm a little biased here because I love sandbox games with multiple options) but It's your game and your descision, this is just a suggestion from a guy who isn't even a Patron nd those kind of important desicions should be consulted with them.
Yes, you're right, it takes a bit of work to focus on both. But, as I already have the sandbox mechanics practically ready, I'm currently focusing on major progress in the story before getting back to it. Some other implementations will also be added to the sandbox, such as stores, quests, interactions such as fighting, etc.

there is an error when emily to go my room
Do you know exactly when this happens?

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Okay i played the newest version, harcore, but though it still felt more netori then netorare; I think the story got somewhat better, but there a few wrong things still, like when said ya have another obligation then going the cinema, the cinema scene still happened, also often the moments jumps from one moment to another, there is no transition to it, like one moment you at location A and suddenly the moment ends and jump right to location B with another girl. I hope those little bugs get worked away and there come somewhat more transition between the scenes.

Reactions: GameleaksStudio
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes