Others - Life in Woodchester [v0.11.4] [Dirty Sock Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Uroboros_33

So...life in woodchester(0.1.3) is a classic game as many others you probably already seen before but, for the little content it has, it delivers it perfectly.

-The game runs VERY smooth, which is what you'd expect from a 5 minutes game but that's not always the case.

-The U.I. is very nice and satisfying to look at

-The writing is not phenomenal but there's a lot considering how little the dev has to work with and is generally above average (maybe a little clichè but that's just me)

-The models are pretty subjective but I like them, not identical to the other 90% of the games like this but neither too different.

Overall as of now, this game would be a 4/5 but I'm giving it +1 because it is very well done and because it has a TON of potential depending on how the dev will continue this work.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Doctor Shark

Game is only a month old at the time of review. Art is good. Not much story yet and the only location is the house. Not much content in general, but that's to be expected.

What made me write a review of such a new game is how bad the UI is. The load button on the main menu doesn't work. Once you're in game, there's no way to get back to the main menu or to exit the game (other than x'ing out). There's no way to fast-forward dialogue (even already read). Sometimes clickable objects will highlight on mouse-over and sometimes they won't. Finally, saves seem broken. They work while you're in game but once you exit all progress other than your location resets, which leads to some weird situations like having to leave your house and then re-enter in order to trigger the opening cutscene again. As a result, this game is pretty much unplayable in its current state.

Again, love the art and the devs seem very active so I'm hoping they can iron out all these technical issues and then roll out some great content.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

skullytail

[v0.1.3]

Game is pretty early right now but it was an nice start. I really like the artstyle and animations. No big scenes yet but just from the start you can tell that this game is going to be good.

I will be waiting for new updates.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

blackorange

As soon as I got into the topic and saw the game cover I became very interested, if I like the game I will think about supporting it in some way, the art looks very good and this is a very important factor for an adult game with more cardboard features.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Derp Network

Fucking Amazing Start, Great Art Work, BUILT IN Guide (mega thumbs up), not much content but i give it a pass for the first release. Cool looking open world, with a lot movement (doesn't look stale, Which means effort was put into it), also ty for letting us change what the girls relationship and names are to something we like.

Pretty good start, I'm super exited for the future of this game, hope it doesn't get abandoned.