VN Ren'Py Abandoned Life is Hard [v0.3.6.2] [MarshmelloGames]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

ivanch88

Game Developer
Sep 29, 2018
Life is Hard v0.3.6 is out from yesterday for $10 patrons, so that the Episode 1 is done Yaaay !!! :love:
Hi. Interesting start and nice progress in the quality of renders. But 700Mb for 260 jpg images is too much. You really should convert everything in webp with 90-95% of the quality setting (you can use xnConverter for example). It will reduce size of images to 80Mb with the same picture quality.

iiZombie

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2019
Hi. Interesting start and nice progress in the quality of renders. But 700Mb for 260 jpg images is too much. You really should convert everything in webp with 90-95% of the quality setting (you can use xnConverter for example). It will reduce size of images to 80Mb with the same picture quality.
I think someone will compress it soon. Anyway thank you

zephrates

May 12, 2017
Is there a walkthrough? Early on, when you have the option to "Try to find out what is happening" in Nick's room, I didn't have enough relation points. I want back and changed my decision on the only choice that seemed to affect him, and still not enough points. Without a walkthrough, it seems this game would only be playable with some serious save scumming.

iiZombie

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2019
Is there a walkthrough? Early on, when you have the option to "Try to find out what is happening" in Nick's room, I didn't have enough relation points. I want back and changed my decision on the only choice that seemed to affect him, and still not enough points. Without a walkthrough, it seems this game would only be playable with some serious save scumming.
I will create Walkthrough mode soon, but to get Nick scenes make sure:

1 - You have to let him watching you in the bathroom (in the beginning)
2 - Go to home when catching Cindy in the park
3 - Tell him about Cindy

NOTE: Every choice will affect the game

heimdal74

Apr 22, 2018
the French translation is just awful to read, I can better understand the story in English !! and yet i'm french

if it's just to do a translation done with software, it's better not to do it

the French language is one of the most complex in the world

and no software can translate it correctly

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
My saves are gone... Luckily, it is not like I am well into the story. But thought I would let you know what has happened.

D

Deleted member 879257

the French translation is just awful to read, I can better understand the story in English !! and yet i'm french

if it's just to do a translation done with software, it's better not to do it

the French language is one of the most complex in the world

and no software can translate it correctly
It's the same with the German language

Reactions: heimdal74 and Narco
D

Deleted member 879257

A native did Italian translations
ask in the forum if there are people who can help you proofread it...there are people from all over the world present in this forum and most of them are really nice people who would like to help

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Well, I will still hope that this becomes what it has the potential to be. I have watched this project from the beginning, and have seen the dev figure out how they want the story to go, yet there is still a lot of work to be done with it, especially with the translation.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: iiZombie

iiZombie

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2019
ask in the forum if there are people who can help you proofread it...there are people from all over the world present in this forum and most of them are really nice people who would like to help
We actually have a native Italian translator

anschwww

May 10, 2017
how did they do the german translation?
Even google translate have better results.

Vojvoda

Mar 21, 2019
want to do something you can`t don`t have enough points ! where to see my points and how to know what is enough to see scene ? and why give players choice react or don`t react when she do the same thing whatever you choose he slap her son ???

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
It's the same with the German language
Yep - hardcore MT I guess.

screenshot0001.png

As other said - just use your native language and English. There is no point in pure machine translated text.

But the English version is hard on the engrish side too. And the writing is bad. The MC is introduced in the worst possible way. Her son is even worse ... I mean, maybe the dev is lucky enough and has not lost any members of his family, that can explain this. And it seems the father was no ass or abusive person ... And she told us the kids should not know of the situation, but they do know ...
And the first thing after she leaves her house is to check herself in the mirror? ... Wtf? ...

Later ... when the daughter says it was a great meal .. but she has not eaten anything? ... yeah... - then the MC said some wine dried her mouth, but she never drank anything ...
Oh and when she is in the bath with her daughter ... and you want to look away... you cant because you have not enoug relation points... o_O - that makes absolutely no sense at all.

But the worst is the (as in 99% of the games) free roam thing. It has no purpose - you cant do shit and just follow a linear path. You can remove it and everything is the same ... thats the best sign that an element is redundant.

To cut it here ... the game is a mess. The renders look decent, but everything else is just messy.
It needs proper proofreading - but before that it has to be rewritten alot ... and the free roam should be kicked. Its is just annoying and does not add anything to the game.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 3 Votes