Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
is there a fix for the Map building icons disappearing?
Mine have all vanished and no matter what i do they wont come back, Makes the game unplayable!.
any suggestions may help, I'm stuck and starting to feel like a loli in rope bondage!.

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
thanks that helps a little :)
Still hoping for a fix for the map icons though, but at least now i feel like someone loosened the ropes a little. :devilish:

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
How do you use the drugs on your companion? I can buy but see no option to use. Meaning rape/aphrodisiac. And the set relations for NPC doesn't work as it is the same name as 2 other mods and will replace them.

Last edited:

crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
Vinfamy

Don't know if someone's reported it or if it's a huge deal but I've noticed if you start a new game, if you've previously named a business or any building something else in a prior game, it's labeled that in a fresh game.

For example -- If my character's named John and I name a coffee shop "John's Coffee Shop", play awhile, decide I'm done with John. Start a new game on the same map with a new character named Bill (new save, John save deleted), I will still see a John's Coffee Shop on the map. (Keeps other things too like brothels and strip clubs as well in new gameplay)

Reactions: SammieJo
Jul 28, 2019
is there a fix for the Map building icons disappearing?
It's not a fix but I've found the best way to get them back is to zoom out a fair way and then use the arrow keys to move the map slightly. Sometimes need to repeat, and there can be a bit of random variation in which buildings have their icons shown.

But yes a fix would be very nice. :)

Don't know if someone's reported it or if it's a huge deal but I've noticed if you start a new game, if you've previously named a business or any building something else in a prior game, it's labeled that in a fresh game.
Solution was last given about 4 pages (and days) ago
https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v2-13-vinfamy.11321/post-2690343

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
The set NPC relations one uses the exact same names of the dungeon mod and the Vinfamy incest mod - so if you get it it will replace those mods which isn't desired. Is there one that DOESN'T do that so you can have all 3 mods? That seems a useful mod but not enough to replace those 2.

anon1010

Jul 8, 2019
So i have a question, when you're making a character you can set their dominance level but i wanna know if this can ever be changed or affected throughout while playing or if it will always stay locked at whatever you set it to at the very start when the character is made

PanzerKorps

Jun 30, 2018
As an ex-potato laptop user I emphasise with you.

Assuming you can get through character creation try using a smaller map - the default London map is very large and adds a lot to lag. I've taken to using the Monaco map which is close to 20 times smaller than London in file size and is way more snappy. You will need to check the 'Randomize Unknown Buildings' box when selecting the map (personally I've been using 10/5/50/35 % in the order that they are listed).

Another tip is to close all other appllications before launching.
Thanks, I'll see if that helps.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Vinfamy

For example -- If my character's named John and I name a coffee shop "John's Coffee Shop", play awhile, decide I'm done with John. Start a new game on the same map with a new character named Bill (new save, John save deleted), I will still see a John's Coffee Shop on the map. (Keeps other things too like brothels and strip clubs as well in new gameplay)
Esc > Select City > Reset Current City
It's a bit of a coding brain-fart on my part to keep the businesses in the map data and not the save data, now that the system is implemented long ago, it's too late to undo it and implement something more sophisticated

So i have a question, when you're making a character you can set their dominance level but i wanna know if this can ever be changed or affected throughout while playing or if it will always stay locked at whatever you set it to at the very start when the character is made
of course, the masochist / submissive stat is one of the most more common stats to be changed in scenes in the game. Must be 100+ scenes that affect it

Reactions: crewfalcons

lesbiaN7ncest

Jun 8, 2017
These freezes are not caused by my mod. I checked this before, seems to be another problem.
Some buttons are not working correctly, update will come soon. As mentioned in the description, it is still a beta.
Ok cool. Good to know. Weird though regarding the theater freezes since it didn't start happening until after I installed that mod (and only that mod). Wonder what it is? :unsure:

sexybastardo

Modder
Jul 15, 2017
How do you use the drugs on your companion? I can buy but see no option to use. Meaning rape/aphrodisiac
They aren't used in the vanilla game, you need one of my other mods to use them. In The New Goodbye you can spike the party punch with them, and during a date you have to drink with the companion. If she's dumb or drunk you can put it in her drink. It was never intended to give them the drugs via actions just like that.

You can use "Manipulate her" in The New Goodbye after the next update to raise/lower this stat faster (in exchange with karma). The game itself does also change it, but very slow.

Ok cool. Good to know. Weird though regarding the theater freezes since it didn't start happening until after I installed that mod (and only that mod). Wonder what it is? :unsure:
I have this freezes only since 2.13, also in other places. But atm I don't know.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
i always lose my home in this
right click on your character portrait , check what number Home is favorited to (most likely it's 0 )
Just press that number the next time you want to go home

straboavso1

Dec 1, 2019
I downloaded the most recent update and my mother and sister dissapeared from the game. They're no longer in my contacts list and my sister who was living with me isn't anymore. Despite this the scene where your in a relationship with your mum and one of your friends is suspicious triggered, just my mum didn't appear. Has this happened to anyone else?

cloudgeomax

Mar 23, 2018
This is a known issue. When making a character and adjusting a lot of morph's problems begin happening with the region of the characters genitals. One of the telltale signs is the black 'hair' just above the arse that can be seen in your second screenshot. In my experience once the problem arises it cannot be reverted.

Try remaking your character starting with the changes you most want and saving progressively after each change or two. Keep going until problems begin to arise and then go back to a save from before the problems. (Early signs are the 'hair' starting to emerge and/or the genitals moving slightly outwards and downwards, perhaps leaving a marked seam.)

Edit: apologies for posting before getting to the end of the thread, Vinfamy's previous comment is much more astute and informed than I will ever be. I do note, however, that the issue can also arise with the male models.
Thank you you so much for your help !!! I will make a new character, but i spend so much time doing the last one, it's disapointing ...

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I downloaded the most recent update and my mother and sister dissapeared from the game. They're no longer in my contacts list and my sister who was living with me isn't anymore. Despite this the scene where your in a relationship with your mum and one of your friends is suspicious triggered, just my mum didn't appear. Has this happened to anyone else?
you haven't moved the save data over to the new update's folder
It's LifePlay/Content/Saves - NPC data is stored in that folder.

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes