Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I knew the update would be big. But this big? Dear sweet mother of jesus. :eek:

Excuse me now i must download. Lock my door. And turn of phone and internet to enjoy this update. Afterward i will come up with explanations on why my door was locked for a week and why i wanted food brought to my room.

Who am i kidding. I won't explain shit and enjoy every second of it.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Nice to see this updated and it seems to be a real thicc one at that too. I'll be having fun tackling this game again after so long. My real problem is using my saves or not. It's been a minute and I do want to reconnect with Macy again, in more ways than one, so I might just start over.

Reactions: naughtyroad

Blubberino

Mar 25, 2017
Am I going crazy in my old age or did this game have a WT mod and now it does not? Not really needed of course so would be more "nice to have", just wanted to confirm I remember correctly lol.

Jan 14, 2023
Idk if it's me and my crappy computer but the game crashes a lot without a prompt or anything.

I had the same issues. There are two .EXE file in your Lite of my Life folder. One is Lightofmylife.exe and the other one is Lightofmylife32.exe. I used the Lightofmylife32.exe that's when the game keeps crashing and bugging out, Just use the Lightofmylife.exe version instead. That seems to fix my crashing issues, hopefully it'll work for you and people that may have the same problems.

Reactions: NinKing and mrk7632

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Am I going crazy in my old age or did this game have a WT mod and now it does not? Not really needed of course so would be more "nice to have", just wanted to confirm I remember correctly lol.
It hasn't had a walkthrough mod in a VERY long time and won't any time soon. There's nothing in this VN that requires a WT mod. See the Developer's Notes in OP for more information. (This is like the 4th time I've shared this in the thread in the past 7 hours).
I had the same issues. There are two .EXE file in your Lite of my Life folder. One is Lightofmylife.exe and the other one is Lightofmylife32.exe. I used the Lightofmylife32.exe that's when the game keeps crashing and bugging out, Just use the Lightofmylife.exe version instead. That seems to fix my crashing issues, hopefully it'll work for you and people that may have the same problems.
yes, one is for 64bit computers (LightofmyLife.exe) and the other is for 32bit computers (LightofmyLife-32.exe) - don't use the wrong one.

Blubberino

Mar 25, 2017
It hasn't had a walkthrough mod in a VERY long time and won't any time soon. There's nothing in this VN that requires a WT mod. See the Developer's Notes in OP for more information. (This is like the 4th time I've shared this in the thread in the past 7 hours).
yes, one is for 64bit computers (LightofmyLife.exe) and the other is for 32bit computers (LightofmyLife-32.exe) - don't use the wrong one.
Ok, so remembered correctly. Thanks.

And rule of thumb is to never use the -32 exe. Unless you have an early 2000s computer that somehow can run these games, which I doubt exists. Only reason there even is a 32bit exe is because RenPy generates one by default.

Reactions: Count Morado

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Hmm, thanks for that info. I'm gonna try and a fix that in the next update and remove that exe so no one makes that mistake.

SSBBSNAKE

Jul 27, 2017
For those with crappy pcs from 10 years ago, download the old renpy sdk, rebuild the whole game and test if that worked, it has worked for me in several games and im still on win7

massagecook01

Oct 6, 2022
i tried the regular version and the compressed version and the 64x and 32x and all of them don't start the game it keeps saying windows can't find the file or wount work this happens on a number of games i've tried.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I think its fine. It has diehard fans that will scream to everyone how amazing it is, but imo its just ok. The models are different and take some getting used to but its nice not seeing the same characters over and over in games, and the story is...fine. Imo its not in the tier 1 of games on here, buts its in the tier 2.
Name two or just one Tier 1 games as i find that very hard to believe.

I write for a living and i yet have to see another game that reached this level of writing. To give some examples that i am not just pulling this statement out my ass.

Light of my Life.
1. The story goes through the 5 stages of grief. (denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance) with most people not realizing this at all.
2. The story references to itself in the museum by talking about lot and his daughters portrayed on a picture. (also not alot of ppl catched that because they skip through it all)
3. The coven from the office (3 office ladies) represent the three stages of motherhood, being single, pregnancy, advanced motherhood.
4. The wards (denise and macy) like real people handle their grief over their mothers death differently. One gets angry and the other one becomes shy and hides from the entire world. This is well established and documented psychological behaviour of kids or young adults who lose a parent early in life. I never saw a VN who portrayed this better than this game in my entire life.
5. The characters are deep and well written to the point i would deny it being written by an amateur and would describe it as the early work of someone starting his/her professional writing career.
6. The story in and of itself is believable and not forced at any given time. We got no mcguffin device to advance the plot and it all feels natural and at flow like a river. Even in the professional world the use of a mcguffin happens over and over again and the audience swallows it by turning their brain off while watching movies, reading books or watching episodes of their favorite show with no substance.

To name a few (cause i really wanna play now instead of writing) and i don't want to attack you or your opinion about the game being just a tier 2 in your opinion or by your personal choices.

However as someone with over 26 years in this business i can say without the shadow of a doubt that this is one of the best if not even the best story written game on this entire board. If you got something that even tops this i would like to take a look and see for myself if this is the case.

As i am around this board for quite a while i also got some devs who can do an amazing job but when it comes to depth in character development they all fail and keep their characters shallow and one dimensional. They appear layered but are shallow.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
i tried the regular version and the compressed version and the 64x and 32x and all of them don't start the game it keeps saying windows can't find the file or wount work this happens on a number of games i've tried.
This almost sounds like you have an antivirus software making some bad decisions on your behalf. I would be curious to hear if turning off your AV software, downloading, extracting, and trying again solves this.

Slimeee

Oct 8, 2018
I like the story but I dont think making characters represent things/themes is automatically a good thing. Overall I enjoy it but the writing and pacing can get somewhat tiring at times and the dead ghost mother is a character I could really do without.
And more subjectively I am disappointed that the sisters turn lesbian for each other no matter what, its not only convenient for the writing so that the writer doesnt have to deal with jealousy between them or other developments but also IMO pretty boring.
Edit: meant as a reply to Miðgarðsormr

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes