Shawdawg

Jan 10, 2018
Zara is actually a classic milf so it must be that you arre not in to them if she's not to your liking. besides she's a combo - a milf and asian.:love::love::love:
I like Milfs, I think its mainly her hairstyle and facial expressions. I'm not saying she is bad, just not my favorite of all the models.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Over time, I've seen a whole lot of criticisms come by, some valid, some less so, but the ones that usually blindside me most are the ones where the player is projecting a lot into the game, and then taking the game to task for their projection.

The entire game was written on the premise that the characters are not in a "family mindset" if that's how we're putting it. They're not related by blood, and even if some players modify the game to make it appear they are, none of the characters are motivated by or hesitating over some inherent "wrongness" of their relationship, because there is no inherent wrongness to the relations out of the box, and that was how it was written.

When they are hesitant, it's over guilt for what happened in the past, or if they're doing the right thing in trying to keep the group together in a certain way, and fear it will backfire and make things worse. But they never worry over how inherently "wrong" what they are doing is, because in its out-of-the-box, unmodified form, the story does not feature unnatural relationships, that's something the player added.

So, to hear someone assert there's 1000's on lines of the characters saying what they're doing is wrong, that's... well, let's be generous and call it a hyperbole. But what it truly is is the player projecting their notions on those relationships (that they modified in to begin with, mind you), and then taking the game to task over that projection.

Which is not to say that player is somehow wrong in coming away with that experience. Consuming any sort of media is a highly subjective experience, and that doesn't stop when you modify that experience either. But in the end, that's not on the game, that's their own doing.

Shawdawg

Jan 10, 2018
I do use the "family mindset" and if that one guy thinks this is sudden and random, try other games where the MC has sex with a relative the first update, like The Visit. Becomes a good story, but the aunt fucks the MC in the first couple of minutes. We only now just did the full acts in Chapters 6 and 7.

To me, the story is about loss and lots of depression, but somehow, the Mom watching from beyond, wants the "family love" to happen, showing up in dreams. The reason it took so long? Macy and Denise were too young when she died.

The build up is definitely more sensual and loving than some too.

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
Where can I find that progress bar that was ocasionally posted regarding stuff done till future update

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Where can I find that progress bar that was ocasionally posted regarding stuff done till future update
It is in the discord chanel. It has it's own room. there is also always some acompanying sentence where Naughty is resuming his week of work. I can always repost it here if need be, but I prefer to redirect the flow of people to the original source.

The discord link is in the OP.

disp_acc

Jul 18, 2022
It is in the discord chanel. It has it's own room. there is also always some acompanying sentence where Naughty is resuming his week of work. I can always repost it here if need be, but I prefer to redirect the flow of people to the original source.

The discord link is in the OP.
Being someone who doesn't want a Discord account posting the progress report is being appreciated, while directing people to the source of the info makes a lot of sense. We have to be patient in waiting for the next release since all that great story doesn't materialize by Naughty snapping their fingers:). I guess close to the release the progress report might be posted here more often? If not that's ok, too.

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Being someone who doesn't want a Discord account posting the progress report is being appreciated, while directing people to the source of the info makes a lot of sense. We have to be patient in waiting for the next release since all that great story doesn't materialize by Naughty snapping their fingers:). I guess close to the release the progress report might be posted here more often? If not that's ok, too.
Just for you. I much prefer to post the chart for you than to shut up people claiming, dead or milking. This chart is dated from last Wednesday. Like I said there is an accompanying word from Naughty about his week of work. That I won't post. And also join the discord to get it every week. the discord links are in the OP.

1720954432330.png

Razeluxe

Mar 18, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
?? I don't know why you're deflecting so hard. It's obviously clear what the intention is no matter what pretty words you choose to cover it up. From the parallels of the bible art of the daughters seducing their father that you allude to several several times, to Brooke saying she wished her father had been so open to talking about erotic art (if you tell her you talked about it with the girls), to Zara being perfectly OK with wedding you to them because she relates to wanting your own children, to the old diner lady saying "You should love who you love.....unless it's family. This isn't Alabama" and the oldest looking sad/disappointed. Speaking of the oldest, she goes on several times about how guilty she feels for feeling the way she does and how she knows it's wrong, (or later when she says she knows it's wrong and doesn't care), and it's very clearly not because she's afraid she'll mess up the dynamic of the household you have, lol.
OR even with your late wife saying that she's left pieces of herself in those that are still there, obviously alluding to her daughters (including how much they look like her).
I did change my words around to be more platonic than familial, but it's 100% obvious what the intention here is no matter how much you obfuscate it. Especially because there are parts that don't really make sense when you think about them in non-familial ways.
And it's fine for it to be. Just own it.

Last edited:

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Sigh. It's fine if you modify the game and then interpret those lines like that, but, and I do hate to repeat myself here, without that modification, the relation you're projecting there falls away, and those very same lines, now in their original form, suddenly have different emotional meaning, revolving around guilt for words said and not wanting to betray that persons memory, among other things.

In turn, I'm not sure why you're so upset about that. I'm a firm believer in the dead author and all that, so if that's your interpretation of things, I'm not about to call you out as a pervert (or at least, any more of a pervert than any of us here).

But surely, and this is where we come to the part where it's not fine, you must be aware that there are consequences for a dev breaking TOS for certain platforms, and the ongoing purges as a result. So you interpret the story in whatever manner works for you, and cheers to you, and I'll keep on writing a story that just happens to work perfectly fine without the modifications you prefer, and does not rely on some particular taboo to drive character actions.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
When will the new version be released?
And please, does anyone have a complete save :cry:
You've got a while to wait --- months. See the progress chart posted just 3 posts above yours.

No. Saves are custom for your choices in the game. You need to play it. Also, renpy saves can have malicious code by others. See the link just above the download links in OP.

Also, I'd recommend seeing an optometrist...

meyele

Jun 4, 2017
Just for you. I much prefer to post the chart for you than to shut up people claiming, dead or milking. This chart is dated from last Wednesday. Like I said there is an accompanying word from Naughty about his week of work. That I won't post. And also join the discord to get it every week. the discord links are in the OP.

View attachment 3830310
Wow! i got into the thread to check if it wasn't abandoned, used to be a patreon of Naughty for a while so im happy to see he's still working on it.
This is one of those quality VN that don't show up quite as often as we would like, i've seen the steady progress of this game and he's come a long way since the early days, so i know Naughty puts a lot of care in his game and that's why it takes him so long, so he can give us something that's worth playing trough and so far i haven't been dissapointed, so i trust its going to be great whenever it comes out.

pablo_max

Oct 25, 2017
?? I don't know why you're deflecting so hard. It's obviously clear what the intention is no matter what pretty words you choose to cover it up. From the parallels of the bible art of the daughters seducing their father that you allude to several several times, to Brooke saying she wished her father had been so open to talking about erotic art (if you tell her you talked about it with the girls), to Zara being perfectly OK with wedding you to them because she relates to wanting your own children, to the old diner lady saying "You should love who you love.....unless it's family. This isn't Alabama" and the oldest looking sad/disappointed. Speaking of the oldest, she goes on several times about how guilty she feels for feeling the way she does and how she knows it's wrong, (or later when she says she knows it's wrong and doesn't care), and it's very clearly not because she's afraid she'll mess up the dynamic of the household you have, lol.
OR even with your late wife saying that she's left pieces of herself in those that are still there, obviously alluding to her daughters (including how much they look like her).
I did change my words around to be more platonic than familial, but it's 100% obvious what the intention here is no matter how much you obfuscate it. Especially because there are parts that don't really make sense when you think about them in non-familial ways.
And it's fine for it to be. Just own it.
You do understand that it's make believe, right? You do understand you are on literally on a website dedicated to "adult" games, 70% of which revolve around incestuous themes?
I assume you also know that you are under no obligation to play the game?

SuddenImp

Sep 10, 2023
You do understand that it's make believe, right? You do understand you are on literally on a website dedicated to "adult" games, 70% of which revolve around incestuous themes?

The thing is : for this one, if you don't modify the relationships one bit, it's not incestuous, like at all. You have to read it a certain way to make it incestuous.

Razeluxe

Mar 18, 2018
You're missing the entire point of my post. I was just saying it was odd the weird deflection from the dev, but his reply stated that it's due to patreon and sites with their morality policing. Makes sense. Now I understand the reasoning.

The thing is : for this one, if you don't modify the relationships one bit, it's not incestuous, like at all. You have to read it a certain way to make it incestuous.
If you're somewhat illiterate to the themes on display in bright flashing lights, then I see how you might see it that way. I'd feel bad for you, but I could see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: odin38 and Xythurr

SuddenImp

Sep 10, 2023
If you're somewhat illiterate to the themes on display in bright flashing lights, then I see how you might see it that way. I'd feel bad for you, but I could see it.
So you read my message (which was rather polite and non-judgmental cause you're entitled to your interpretation just like I am to mine), and you felt the need to insult and patronize me in a passive-aggressive way... Alright, guess I'll leave it at that.

Thank you for showing me why you'd be a waste of my time, and a good day to you, you sweet summer child.

4.70 star(s) 490 Votes