hasani200

Jul 15, 2018
Hi there there was a translation request for czech which i can only provide the machine translation,maybe someone alse will use it too [Ch.5 v0.6.1]
View attachment 1523910
you will need

have a nice one ;)
Who are those girls?? I feel like I've seen them somewhere before.... but its been a long time..... :)

Xasthure

Nov 17, 2021
The menu has disappeared for me unfortunately, making it impossible for me to save or do anything. I've tried to force close the game, but the game keeps reloading the scene where I'm at, without taking me back to main menu to reload in an attempt to reload my latest save where I had the menu. Anyone have any tips? :)

Edit: I'm on Android by the way

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I mean yeah, it's called piracy. Literally every digital product behind a paywall has that.
Yeah. Tbh, I didn't mean to put up a paywall (and I hadn't at the time, I wasn't using pay-up-front because I felt people should be able to sub, have a look, and then leave without strings attached if they didn't like what they see). I felt guilty for not providing better value to the people subbed at the 5$ tier and saw other devs uses timed releases, so I figured I could do that.

I hadn't figured people would actually tier up or sub in such numbers, except maybe the odd existing patron or so, and I'd figured I'd just have a look if the odd request came in to get the release, and deal by it on a case to case basis.

When the subs and requests for the game started flooding in though, I was really taken aback. At the time, support was a lot lower, and I remember thinking to myself that just maybe, I could actually end up actually making some actual money for my trouble.
I ended up enabling pay-up-front so I could handle giving out the links through a welcome message and get some sleep, and have some way of preventing sub-grab-unsub, which was simple without pay-up-front. And that went on for a few hours and everything was fine and then it leaked and the subs dried up, and then class act put up that android version with his links and people were yelling that that mac version I never built was all fucked up, and that was what I woke up to.

So I sat back, and I looked at that mess and thought to myself "what did you try to accomplish, really?". I mean, I wasn't really providing value for the 5$ tier subs, they could probably care less who else played it, as long as they got it. And I figured all I ended up doing was chumming the waters. Sure, the cash rolling in for a bit was fun, but the douchebaggery and the mess that left was not how I'd intended to celebrate having a release out.

So I decided, fuck the cash, fuck what other devs do. From now on, I'll just put it up the moment it's done, as I had before, and if that means I don't make as much off of it, who cares. I never started doing this for the money anyways.

The menu has disappeared for me unfortunately, making it impossible for me to save or do anything. I've tried to force close the game, but the game keeps reloading the scene where I'm at, without taking me back to main menu to reload in an attempt to reload my latest save where I had the menu. Anyone have any tips? :)

Edit: I'm on Android by the way
Tbh, I have no idea what could be causing it. If it keeps happening, it could mean some persistent data is corrupted?
Maybe try seeing if you can locate where that's saved and remove the persistent data save file (while keeping your save games intact)? on the ren'py forum points to where the save location is.

Last edited:
May 1, 2020

So I decided, fuck the cash, fuck what other devs do. From now on, I'll just put it up the moment it's done, as I had before, and if that means I don't make as much off of it, who cares. I never started doing this for the money anyways.
You, sir (or madam) are a prince among men! I would like to say there is karma, and the wrongdoers are in for a couple of nasty turns on the spit when they arrive down there, but eff them. It is a grand thing you do, and I think, many of us appreciate you for it.

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
NR, you are a rare nugget, a shooting star, a clinical case, or just plain crazy but in a good way. Regardless, what matters is that you find your account there and that we, your supporters, find ours there. Everything else doesn't matter, it's a good understanding between you and us. Continue to enchant us with your stories and forget all the worries of this crazy world ...

StonesBones

Aug 28, 2018
Yeah. Tbh, I didn't mean to put up a paywall (and I hadn't at the time, I wasn't using pay-up-front because I felt people should be able to sub, have a look, and then leave without strings attached if they didn't like what they see). I felt guilty for not providing better value to the people subbed at the 5$ tier and saw other devs uses timed releases, so I figured I could do that.

I hadn't figured people would actually tier up or sub in such numbers, except maybe the odd existing patron or so, and I'd figured I'd just have a look if the odd request came in to get the release, and deal by it on a case to case basis.

When the subs and requests for the game started flooding in though, I was really taken aback. At the time, support was a lot lower, and I remember thinking to myself that just maybe, I could actually end up actually making some actual money for my trouble.
I ended up enabling pay-up-front so I could handle giving out the links through a welcome message and get some sleep, and have some way of preventing sub-grab-unsub, which was simple without pay-up-front. And that went on for a few hours and everything was fine and then it leaked and the subs dried up, and then class act put up that android version with his links and people were yelling that that mac version I never built was all fucked up, and that was what I woke up to.

So I sat back, and I looked at that mess and thought to myself "what did you try to accomplish, really?". I mean, I wasn't really providing value for the 5$ tier subs, they could probably care less who else played it, as long as they got it. And I figured all I ended up doing was chumming the waters. Sure, the cash rolling in for a bit was fun, but the douchebaggery and the mess that left was not how I'd intended to celebrate having a release out.

Tbh, I have no idea what could be causing it. If it keeps happening, it could mean some persistent data is corrupted?
Maybe try seeing if you can locate where that's saved and remove the persistent data save file (while keeping your save games intact)? on the ren'py forum points to where the save location is.
That shit is inspiring yo, and I truly mean that NR.

I know I give you shit every 6 months or so but this time, you win. Fuck em, It's done when it's done. Leeeeeeeetssgooooo!!!

• Haha
Reactions: naughtyroad

XPanda

Dec 26, 2020
So I see the servers are overheating, in my optimism I am thinking, "Oh NR put out the new release." What else could it be, right? instead I see posts about a progressive tax system. Do you see what you have done to us NR? Bears, trebuchets, and now taxes.

This is nuking futz. At least we got a clear promise out of you that the update would be out in 7 days or less. That is the conclusion I am choosing to come to from your statements.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
So I see the servers are overheating, in my optimism I am thinking, "Oh NR put out the new release." What else could it be, right? instead I see posts about a progressive tax system. Do you see what you have done to us NR? Bears, trebuchets, and now taxes. Do you see what you are doing to us? This is nuking futz. At least we got a clear promise out of you that the update would be out in 7 days or less. That is the conclusion I am choosing to come to from your statements.
Heh, IKR? Actually I needed a little break because I was editing gallery entries for the last hour or two and those are seriously mindnumbing. Thought I'd drop by here for a minute for a little relaxed banter. Oh well, I guess I should have known better.

XPanda

Dec 26, 2020
Heh, IKR? Actually I needed a little break because I was editing gallery entries for the last hour or two and those are seriously mindnumbing. Thought I'd drop by here for a minute for a little relaxed banter. Oh well, I guess I should have known better.
Don't stress be happy. The last thing we need is you getting sour on the project. I think I might give up AVN altogether if you abandon due to burn out.

Reactions: naughtyroad

Whiteleaf Studio

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2019
It's always funny to me when people accuse devs of "milking" games...Like, you know that all the support you give (if any) is voluntary, right? You can just choose not to pay a damn at any moment in time. The game is free, after all.

It would be another thing if this was a paid game, like it was on Steam or something...But Patreon is mostly a tip jar, not a place to sell products.

4.70 star(s) 487 Votes