Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I should probably repeat one thing that was definitely on-topic in one of those multi-quotes, the claim that father/daughter(s) stories are pretty common.

My observation was that tying the story to the story of Lot and his Daughters was a masterwork. In my mind it gave a very strong framework to the game.

I wonder who will be doing the (not quite NTR) story of Onan? The one where he was expected to impregnate his elder brother's widowed wife in order to give his dead brother an heir (instead of inheriting himself, I believe). Do you impregnate your sister-in-law as dictated by custom, or be selfish and pull out?

After that, the Songs of Solomon!

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I should probably repeat one thing that was definitely on-topic in one of those multi-quotes, the claim that father/daughter(s) stories are pretty common.

My observation was that tying the story to the story of Lot and his Daughters was a masterwork. In my mind it gave a very strong framework to the game.

I wonder who will be doing the (not quite NTR) story of Onan? The one where he was expected to impregnate his elder brother's widowed wife in order to give his dead brother an heir (instead of inheriting himself, I believe). Do you impregnate your sister-in-law as dictated by custom, or be selfish and pull out?

This was also my observation. But the kicker for me is you have 5 elements in the game that you might not see at first sight.

1. The 5 stages of grief and how they all try to overcome their stages inside the story.

2. The story of Lot and his daughters is used by Denise to establish a loving and caring family once again. It's like she is so scared and shy of everything but not around her family and once she sees that others went a different way in their lives she instantly focuses all attention on that and like a machine she focuses all her energy on this goal to get a happy loving family once again.

3. A portrayal of Macy as Monster and Denise as the innocent victim but also savior of said monster is a masterpiece in and of itself as you portray a psychological struggle in a visual way. And don't forget that Denise is also talking with her mom in the afterlife and getting approval. If that is just in her mind or really happening is up to the viewer.

4. Half-orphans often struggle in life and act almost balistic once the remaining parent introduces a new girl or boyfriend. Having Brooke as a potential surrogate mother introduced to the girls portrays that so perfect as macy instantly goes balistic and leaves before she punches someone in the face. Presumably the MC for daring to put his dick into someone else but her. :ROFLMAO:

5. The office ladies at first glance are a side dish for the MC to enjoy but are actually a representation of what a mother and wife is or becomes in different stages of her life.

One is like a girlfriend that is not afraid of getting her kinks satisfied in her younger days before she settles down and starts a married life and has kids. No ring on this finger so everything is fair game papi.... oh and daddy issues ofc as all girlfriends have.

One is pregnant which means having a child under her heart that she is protecting while her own needs are only secondary to her.

One is already a mother and wife and still enjoys a sex life if she gets the chance of having one as her duties of mother and wife often end up interfering with her sex life and her needs in that regard.

If all those 5 things were intended is beyond me but after my first time playing it i was mighty impressed with what i saw.

As for the story of Onan.

You do your duty and please that booty and no pulling out.... the family line is at stake ffs.

Hmm the songs of solomon would be quite interesting depending on the approach of it.

But if we go down that rabbit hole we could find alot of stuff in that regard and make a interesting story about it like LomL.
Like Nahor and Milcah or Abraham and Sarah would make also an interesting story in a modern approach.

Also Noah would fit that boat to some degree depending on which literature you take for the story. Does his son end up with a wife of his own before humanity dies out or does he wait till his sister in law gives birth and wait 18 years to get some?
Or maybe Noah only had daughters and took the crucial task of repopulation all to himself?

And of course Oedipus but how you put the sphinx into that story is beyond me :ROFLMAO:

Oedipus: Would you look at that. A head like a human but the body of a lion.
Sphinx: Hello Motherfucker.
Oedipus: he he wait what?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
So much here to unpack! I love it!!
This was also my observation. But the kicker for me is you have 5 elements in the game that you might not see at first sight.

1. The 5 stages of grief and how they all try to overcome their stages inside the story.
Very true. Something that is easy to miss. The story is ultimately about how they find their way through the stages.
2. The story of Lot and his daughters is used by Denise to establish a loving and caring family once again. It's like she is so scared and shy of everything but not around her family and once she sees that others went a different way in their lives she instantly focuses all attention on that and like a machine she focuses all her energy on this goal to get a happy loving family once again.
Very true. Something that is easy to miss. The story is ultimately about how they find their way through the stages.
3. A portrayal of Macy as Monster and Denise as the innocent victim but also savior of said monster is a masterpiece in and of itself as you portray a psychological struggle in a visual way. And don't forget that Denise is also talking with her mom in the afterlife and getting approval. If that is just in her mind or really happening is up to the viewer.
Yes. Denise is trying to heal Macy's beast within. VERY symbolic as well.
4. Half-orphans often struggle in life and act almost balistic once the remaining parent introduces a new girl or boyfriend. Having Brooke as a potential surrogate mother introduced to the girls portrays that so perfect as macy instantly goes balistic and leaves before she punches someone in the face. Presumably the MC for daring to put his dick into someone else but her. :ROFLMAO:
True. Denise accepts Brooke because he wants happiness for her Dad (I'm not even going to add P-friendly terms). Sometimes, younger half-orphans do embrace the new parental figure, but I expect that's often influenced by age as well as temperament.
5. The office ladies at first glance are a side dish for the MC to enjoy but are actually a representation of what a mother and wife is or becomes in different stages of her life.

One is like a girlfriend that is not afraid of getting her kinks satisfied in her younger days before she settles down and starts a married life and has kids. No ring on this finger so everything is fair game papi.... oh and daddy issues ofc as all girlfriends have.

One is pregnant which means having a child under her heart that she is protecting while her own needs are only secondary to her.

One is already a mother and wife and still enjoys a sex life if she gets the chance of having one as her duties of mother and wife often end up interfering with her sex life and her needs in that regard.
Given that they are colloquially known as The Coven, these three Witches may be seen as three aspects of the Triple Goddess: Maiden, Mother, and Crone. Together, they help bring the MC growth and comfort.
If all those 5 things were intended is beyond me but after my first time playing it i was mighty impressed with what i saw.
Very true. I like to think that the touching of all these archetypes and symbols is not an accident. It does make me a little sad for those who turn their backs on the game without trying it.

Every time we talk, the game seems even richer. Thank you!
As for the story of Onan.

You do your duty and please that booty and no pulling out.... the family line is at stake ffs.

Hmm the songs of solomon would be quite interesting depending on the approach of it.

But if we go down that rabbit hole we could find alot of stuff in that regard and make a interesting story about it like LomL.
Like Nahor and Milcah or Abraham and Sarah would make also an interesting story in a modern approach.

Also Noah would fit that boat to some degree depending on which literature you take for the story. Does his son end up with a wife of his own before humanity dies out or does he wait till his sister in law gives birth and wait 18 years to get some?
Or maybe Noah only had daughters and took the crucial task of repopulation all to himself?
Yup. Abraham & Sarah: Unicorn Hunting.
After the Flood might make an interesting game...
And of course Oedipus but how you put the sphinx into that story is beyond me :ROFLMAO:

Oedipus: Would you look at that. A head like a human but the body of a lion.
Sphinx: Hello Motherfucker.
Oedipus: he he wait what?
That's good! Now I'm thinking
From the Bible to the popular song
There's one theme that we find right along
Of all ideals they hail as good
The most sublime is motherhood

There was a man though, who it seems
Once carried this ideal to extremes
He loved his mother and she loved him
And yet his story is rather grim

There once lived a man named Oedipus Rex
You may have heard about his odd complex
His name appears in Freud's index
'Cause he loved his mother!

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
i think i replayed the game 5 or 6 time since the last update came out...i so cant wait for the next one
im really crossing my fingers for a summer release!
Yes i replayed it as well a couple of times..... a bit more tough..... with a zero attached to the numbers!

But i am not addicted... i can stop anytime i want.....stop judging me.....NO YOU have a Problem.....I'm Fine....I TOLD YOU I AM FINE!!!!

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SAVE??? IF I DON'T GET MY SAVE IN THE NEXT 20 SECONDS......Oh there it is........ all good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
Yes i replayed it as well a couple of times..... a bit more tough..... with a zero attached to the numbers!

But i am not addicted... i can stop anytime i want.....stop judging me.....NO YOU have a Problem.....I'm Fine....I TOLD YOU I AM FINE!!!!

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SAVE??? IF I DON'T GET MY SAVE IN THE NEXT 20 SECONDS......Oh there it is........ all good.

So a completely normal, relaxed day of games just like mine... :p

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...)
I wonder who will be doing the (not quite NTR) story of Onan?
(...)
Well, the other day after stumbling across this image...
1624034961273.png
...I did think a little about reimagining the story of Ruth and Naomi as a short form sapphic spring-autumn love story where the older mentor Naomi has to send her young daughter-in-law lover Ruth away after the death of Naomi's sons leaves them without a means to keep up the pretense (with dour looking other daughter-in-law Orpah to the right there urging them to cut it out, worried as she is about what the neighbors will say). OTOH, I don't wanna just be "that guy that does bible stuff", so it'll probably stay with thinking.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well, the other day after stumbling across this image...
View attachment 1252830
...I did think a little about reimagining the story of Ruth and Naomi as a short form sapphic spring-autumn love story where the older mentor Naomi has to send her young daughter-in-law lover Ruth away after the death of Naomi's sons leaves them without a means to keep up the pretense (with dour looking other daughter-in-law Orpah to the right there urging them to cut it out, worried as she is about what the neighbors will say). OTOH, I don't wanna just be "that guy that does bible stuff", so it'll probably stay with thinking.
Could be something you hold onto for the next next project? But yeah, I understand not wanting to be pigeon holed, it's really uncomfortable without enough lube.

Hope you and the family are well.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Could be something you hold onto for the next next project? But yeah, I understand not wanting to be pigeon holed, it's really uncomfortable without enough lube.

Hope you and the family are well.
LOL, that does sound painful. Nothing's set in stone and I might revisit the idea in some form at some point, but one project at a time.
We're doing well, cheers, hope you and yours are too?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
LOL, that does sound painful. Nothing's set in stone and I might revisit the idea in some form at some point, but one project at a time.
We're doing well, cheers, hope you and yours are too?
Indeed! And best to do one at a time, doing two at a time just gets you in trouble with the wife.

Family is alright, this weekend is going to be tough but we'll get through it. Thank you :)

Reactions: naughtyroad

SirLoins

Aug 20, 2017
All the things! Heat wave, family reunion, first father's day since my dad died in February.

And none of the games I follow are going to have an update this weekend either... :eek:

But I forgive naughtyroad, quality is more important than quantity. :)
Pretty sure I'm part lizard, I love the heat that most complain about. My condolences on the rest though.
In all seriousness, sorry about your dad.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Pretty sure I'm part lizard, I love the heat that most complain about. My condolences on the rest though.
In all seriousness, sorry about your dad.
I like heat but not the hot...With all the damage I've done to myself the heat feels better than the cold but I can handle the 90's not 110's.

And thank you, I appreciate it. We all go through it, didn't expect it this quickly. Take care of yourself and your family.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes