alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Well, gentlemen, that's bad.

View attachment 2495113
Look, the MIC (medieval industrial complex) can be pretty alarmist at times, plus all the big manufacturers of catapults are posers anyway. Seriously, look at the one in the middle there, that's a massive counterweight on what is clearly a tortion-based launch mechanism; what is this, the 3rd century?

Seriously though, I highly recommend making your own, they're surprisingly simple to construct and maintain and it means you can customize the entire system for your needs, again, that centre catapult isn't gonna be throwing anything larger than a juvenile black anywhere further than 100 meters, if you really want to fling a grizzly, you need some serious custom work (a bigger basket for one).

Though I'd recommend a proper trebuchet, nothing can beat the sheer throwing ability of 20m of counterweighted pure POWER.

Last edited:

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Well, gentlemen, that's bad.

View attachment 2495113
I posted that about a year ago. Glad to see it is still relevant in the thread and still funny. Thanks for sharing it again. Also Todd's workshop on youtube has quite a few videos with a trebuchet he made for the promotion of the last Age of empires game that they gave back to him once the promotion ended. Some are quite funny.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I posted that about a year ago. Glad to see it is still relevant in the thread and still funny. Thanks for sharing it again. Also Todd's workshop on youtube has quite a few videos with a trebuchet he made for the promotion of the last Age of empires game that they gave back to him once the promotion ended. Some are quite funny.
I didn't remember from it was, but I downloaded it. Fantastic picture. I will use this post to thank for this picture. Yes, it's still actual. And in one year it still will be. I think... ;)

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Look, the MIC (medieval industrial complex) can be pretty alarmist at times, plus all the big manufacturers of catapults are posers anyway. Seriously, look at the one in the middle there, that's a massive counterweight on what is clearly a tortion-based launch mechanism; what is this, the 3rd century?

Seriously though, I highly recommend making your own, they're surprisingly simple to construct and maintain and it means you can customize the entire system for your needs, again, that centre catapult isn't gonna be throwing anything larger than a juvenile black anywhere further than 100 meters, if you really want to fling a grizzly, you need some serious custom work (a bigger basket for one).

Though I'd recommend a proper trebuchet, nothing can beat the sheer throwing ability of 20m of counterweighted pure POWER.
I brought that up from pure frustration. After PETA declared all my bears unfit for flight. Something about aerodynamic properties of a flying bears. And landings. Not too important...

And yes, MIC can sometimes be overdramatic.

AgentKoko

Jan 11, 2019
Oh no, I seem to have lost all the saves for LOML. Is there any way that someone could provide me with a save just before the current chapter ends?

oh45

Jul 1, 2017
Anyone else gonna start from the beginning when this releases on steam (I'm gonna do that for this and race of life when it releases on steam)
Yes, most likely. At the very least that'll be the only way to amass whatever 'steam achievements' that will be present.

Reactions: Joshy92
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes