PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
These are on purpose.
You see a vision of Gwen at the end of ep1, it is the driving force for the season one story. And the rest is also on purpose, but you’ll need to play season 2 to figure out what’s going on.
What I REALLY don't understand is how you go from v0.3.1 to v0.9.2 in a single update. Is that a typo?
Nothing makes sense here. Phat out:oops:

• Wow
Reactions: motseer

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Uhm, whats going on here? Is there new content with the new version? Savegames dont seem to be compatible at least it shows me none?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
Yeah, I don't mean to be that guy but... from 0.3.1 to 0.9.2?

Unless there is a MASSIVE amount of content in the update, this jump is... weird, to say the least.

You get to decide how to name your updates however you see fit of course, but some consistency would be expected, right?

Is the next update going to be 3.7.9? o_O

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
What I REALLY don't understand is how you go from v0.3.1 to v0.9.2 in a single update. Is that a typo?
Nothing makes sense here. Phat out:oops:
Uhm, whats going on here? Is there new content with the new version? Savegames dont seem to be compatible at least it shows me none?
Yeah, I don't mean to be that guy but... from 0.3.1 to 0.9.2?

Unless there is a MASSIVE amount of content in the update, this jump is... weird, to say the least.

You get to decide how to name your updates however you see fit of course, but some consistency would be expected, right?

Is next the next update going to be 3.7.9? o_O
OMG Joubei accidentally released the next to last version from the end! :cool: Book 2 comes out next week. :p

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PapaPhat

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I guess Mac users get left out...

Windows, Mac, and Linux for Markets

A distribution that contains the information required to run on software markets like itch.io and Steam. This isn't meant to be run directly (and probably won't work on the Mac), but should be fed to the app store upload process.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Just tried it and there is no new content between 0.3.1 and 0.9.2, the menu looks different (i think?) and i wasnt able to see any of my previous saves otherwise i didnt saw any differences.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The MAC ver should be there.
it’s a market ready version,
So it supports Win/Mac and Linux.
It's kind of a misconception, market builds rarely if ever work on Mac.

Ren'Py even shows it more than likely will not work on Mac.

Bob69 linked to me to a guide for Mac users to get market builds working on Mac, but I can't find it atm.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021

Bob69 linked to me to a guide for Mac users to get market builds working on Mac, but I can't find it atm.
I have tested it with one of my team members and they said it worked well.
if you have issues with it please tell me as its important for the steam release,
it will be a huge help.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
if you have issues with it please tell me as its important for the steam release,
it will be a huge help.
Just know from here, that most of the time market builds take some extra things for people to get them to work.

When Bob69 comes back online I will find that link about market builds.

• Hey there
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Bob69 and Joubei

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think PBS666 Can answer this questions better.
As far as I know Market builds work for steam/GoG etc. because thats what they are for, thats why they're called market build.
They don't work without modification for normal mac users on here. While the market build has everything it has to be moved around a bit.

SonsOLiberty I only have this link (I will leave it in until he is here) from PBS, but it links to a different game and that ain't good. I don't think he did a separate guide post yet :D

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
The steam version that will be out shortly will be 1.0 - as in full season 1.
this is a pre-steam release version.
Just out of curiosity, is this release, 0.9.2, very different from the last one (0.3.1)? Does it make sense to replay the game now (since old saves are not working)?

Would it be better to wait until the 1.0 is released here?

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
The MAC ver should be there.
it’s a market ready version,
So it supports Win/Mac and Linux.

it will be a huge help.
I think PBS666 Can answer this questions better.
As far as I know Market builds work for steam/GoG etc. because thats what they are for, thats why they're called market build.
They don't work without modification for normal mac users on here. While the market build has everything it has to be moved around a bit.

SonsOLiberty I only have this link (I will leave it in until he is here) from PBS, but it links to a different game and that ain't good. I don't think he did a separate guide post yet :D
Since there is some conflicting information here I investigated this some more.

Turns out that the root cause of Market builds not working on a Mac is because of the Quarantine imposed by Gatekeeper on files downloaded from anonymous sources such as Mega etc. This will almost always happen to games downloaded using the links posted here and is not limited to Ren'Py games only. RPGM and Unity games can also be affected by this.
This probably also explains why the game does work for somebody on the developer's team.

When you shuffle the components around as described in my method linked by Bob69, you are effectively creating a new app for yourself, hence Gatekeeper does not intervene.

As an alternative, you can remove the quarantine from the Market build with the xattr command in Terminal. Personally I prefer my method because that method creates a self contained Mac app and leaves less clutter.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
Just out of curiosity, is this release, 0.9.2, very different from the last one (0.3.1)? Does it make sense to replay the game now (since old saves are not working)?

Would it be better to wait until the 1.0 is released here?
So v0.9.2 is preparing for the steam release, it has achievments and it syncs with steam, and steam cloud saves.
it also works on WIN/MAC/Linux as its required from steam, and a controller...

Other then that, some dialogue fixes, some missing or wrong frames, bug fixes, mostly small things.
Playing it again would be up to you.
but there is no substantial new content.

Reactions: EricGrey
3.50 star(s) 38 Votes