Zessu

Dec 26, 2017
Anybody knows of a way to run the game on Android 12 ? Either through emulation or something runing Java aplications. Found some old emulators but they dont even work on new android versions.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Anybody knows of a way to run the game on Android 12 ? Either through emulation or something runing Java aplications. Found some old emulators but they dont even work on new android versions.
This question has been asked a lot, and the answer is "no way currently exists, and the effort involved with manifesting it without turning your device into an explosive device would be so vast that you'd may as well just make your own game"

Jul 31, 2018
I tried playing this last year and while there elements I liked, the stuff I didn't like made me stop. At least at the time I played and from what I saw...there didn't seem to be any named NPCs with an actual storyline. Everything felt kind of flat and generic because of it. Are there any side characters that have development?
if we ignore the current Bozo-Clown state of the game's progress, yes there are so many side characters you can interact with. You gotta do the Main and Side quests to encounter them naturally.

I don't know what turned you off in particular, but you can turn on/off pretty much every fetishes in the game, and even control the ratio of furries, genders, and fetishes of the random NPCs.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I don't know what turned you off in particular, but you can turn on/off pretty much every fetishes in the game, and even control the ratio of furries, genders, and fetishes of the random NPCs.
The only thing I can think of is that most of the written side characters are locked as furry (barring save data editing). I imagine that would be a bit of a letdown/turn-off if you're not into that.

There is some text in the options screen that states this, as well as mentioning that at some point alternate non/less-furry versions may be offered in the future, but I doubt any of us will live long enough to see it.

quanticnoob

Jul 25, 2018
Got a bug, running LT 0.4.3.9 on Java 1.80_172. This has happened to 2 saves thusfar

At a certain point in the game time tracking seems to break, the game stops tracking time if I loiter, or got to bed. So the time gets moved up say 24 hours, but nothing else like shop inventories, people's status updates to reflect that. I am just wondering if anyone is also having this issue, and if there is a way to fix it. I tried searching through the forums but couldn't find anything. Sending the file back to 0.4.3.8 (Exe) version doesn't seem to fix it. Seems that some error in the save file causes time to not progress as it should.

I'll upload a save file just in case anyone who knows anything can open it up and tell me where things went wrong.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
At a certain point in the game time tracking seems to break, the game stops tracking time if I loiter, or got to bed. So the time gets moved up say 24 hours, but nothing else like shop inventories, people's status updates to reflect that. I am just wondering if anyone is also having this issue, and if there is a way to fix it.
This was a weird one. For whatever reason Scarlett's owner ID ended up getting unset, so whenever it would try to do the hourly Manor update it would try to get Scarlett's owner in order to update her affection/obedience, fail, then completely give up.

I set Scarlett's owner to PlayerCharacter, and that appears to have corrected the time issue. The updated save is attached.

XeroxedJoy

Jul 26, 2020
This was a weird one. For whatever reason Scarlett's owner ID ended up getting unset, so whenever it would try to do the hourly Manor update it would try to get Scarlett's owner in order to update her affection/obedience, fail, then completely give up.

I set Scarlett's owner to PlayerCharacter, and that appears to have corrected the time issue. The updated save is attached.
How exactly did you do this? I think I'm having the same issue, and she's disappeared from the mansion entirely for me. I can't seem to find her in my save either

Edit: Upon further fiddling, I managed to possibly fix this aswell, but I have no idea if it will just happen again or not

Last edited:

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
How exactly did you do this? I think I'm having the same issue, and she's disappeared from the mansion entirely for me. I can't seem to find her in my save either

Edit: Upon further fiddling, I managed to possibly fix this aswell, but I have no idea if it will just happen again or not
If this is happening to both of you, odds are this a bug. Here's the steps I took to correct it in the saved game:

First, I opened up the XML file and searched for "Scarlett" by name to locate her NPC. This is what that looks like:

XML:
  <NPC>
    <character>
      <!--If you want to edit any of these values, just be warned that it might break the game...-->
      <core>
        <id value="-1,Scarlett"/>
        <pathName value="com.lilithsthrone.game.character.npc.dominion.Scarlett"/>
        <name nameAndrogynous="Scarlett" nameFeminine="Scarlett" nameMasculine="Scarlett"/>
        <surname value="Kardos"/>
        <genericName value=""/>
From here, I searched for "<slavery>" to get the slavery data associated with her. This gave me the following:

XML:
      <slavery>
        <slavesOwned/>
        <owner value=""/>
      </slavery>
From here, I set the "value" attribute to "PlayerCharacter" and saved the file.

Reactions: quanticnoob

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
If this is happening to both of you, odds are this a bug. Here's the steps I took to correct it in the saved game:

First, I opened up the XML file and searched for "Scarlett" by name to locate her NPC. This is what that looks like:

XML:
  <NPC>
    <character>
      <!--If you want to edit any of these values, just be warned that it might break the game...-->
      <core>
        <id value="-1,Scarlett"/>
        <pathName value="com.lilithsthrone.game.character.npc.dominion.Scarlett"/>
        <name nameAndrogynous="Scarlett" nameFeminine="Scarlett" nameMasculine="Scarlett"/>
        <surname value="Kardos"/>
        <genericName value=""/>
From here, I searched for "<slavery>" to get the slavery data associated with her. This gave me the following:

XML:
      <slavery>
        <slavesOwned/>
        <owner value=""/>
      </slavery>
From here, I set the "value" attribute to "PlayerCharacter" and saved the file.
How long did it take you to find that one lol

I'm going to be honest, when I read their post I didn't know what it could be. And I was lazy and didn't bother trying... uh... yeah.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
How long did it take you to find that one lol

I'm going to be honest, when I read their post I didn't know what it could be. And I was lazy and didn't bother trying... uh... yeah.
Not too long! Fortunately, advancing time threw an exception, so I was able to just snag the stack trace from error.log. At that point I was able to set a breakpoint to confirm the issue and work out which NPC was the culprit.

If that failed I would have just single-stepped my way through endTurn(). I know my way around that function fairly well thanks to my previous experiments. :)

quanticnoob

Jul 25, 2018

Thank you! Now hopefully whenever this happens again I can fix it myself. I had forgot to mention that detail before, that Scarlet was suddenly in a superposition of being both my slave and not my slave. Seemed to occur at some point as I was advancing Helena's quest, I would have to guess that some part of the code there is acting real funky and unsets Scarlet's slave status seemingly around the point I paint the store?

BianTheGreat

Jan 3, 2021
i get the feeling people dont even have fun on this game anymore, they have fun digging into the coding and seeing how fucked it is
On the first playthrough i geniuenly had fun, the story sadly ends pretty quickly so I ended up just backing up my save, fucking around and breaking the game. Elemental summons are OP, with slaves you can break the economy in a week and no enchantment limit can lead to interesting events. So yeah breaking the game is more fun now than actually playing it.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Thank you! Now hopefully whenever this happens again I can fix it myself. I had forgot to mention that detail before, that Scarlet was suddenly in a superposition of being both my slave and not my slave. Seemed to occur at some point as I was advancing Helena's quest, I would have to guess that some part of the code there is acting real funky and unsets Scarlet's slave status seemingly around the point I paint the store?
So, basically, she was Schrödinger's Harpy. Her slave status was indeterminate until she was observed. Fascinating. :unsure:

That sounds like a logical explanation. Kinda sounds like the code to transition her from a slave to free ended up doing something wrong. I can say for sure that it didn't happen last time I played through that (though that was a while ago…) so it might be a new issue.

I know Inno and friends have been moving a bunch of story data out of the Java codebase and into XML files, so maybe the breakage is related to that.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Not too long! Fortunately, advancing time threw an exception, so I was able to just snag the stack trace from error.log. At that point I was able to set a breakpoint to confirm the issue and work out which NPC was the culprit.

If that failed I would have just single-stepped my way through endTurn(). I know my way around that function fairly well thanks to my previous experiments. :)
Ahh, that's not so bad then. I was expecting you to say you were stepping through and finding the issue the slow way lol

i get the feeling people dont even have fun on this game anymore, they have fun digging into the coding and seeing how fucked it is
I mean, it's been like 9 months since any interesting content was added to the game. And its been almost two months since some boring content was added to the game.

WTF else are you going to do at this point. Outside of starting the game to find the answer to someone's questions, I haven't actually played the thing in almost a year. The last time I bothered was in meraxis, or however its spelt, got some new content.

Reactions: DamnDownloadLinks

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
I usually don't comment on other devs' threads unless it's a game I enjoy. And this is the case.

I'm really hopeful that after a few years more content has been added to the game but after reading the recent comments I have a bad feeling. I'm a dev, but I speak here as a player. I remember the last time I played this game was before I started my game. That was... The main city underground (Submission...?) castle/mansion map had been added, and some content with the ancient demoness that likes human men. (sorry, that's a long time and I don't remember her name anymore)

If anyone can say precisely what year this was, I would be grateful.

I think that's at least two years... or more. The last couple of years have been pretty tiring for me, but the focus here is: How is the game now? I would like to see denser writing, more well-constructed writen scenes and characters and the last time I played it I was looking forward to seeing that.

I honestly think more than two years is more than enough for such a thing. I like text RPGs, and they are always my main preference for playing and have been my main inspiration to start my own game. Recent comments have blown my expectations though.

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
I usually don't comment on other devs' threads unless it's a game I enjoy. And this is the case.

I'm really hopeful that after a few years more content has been added to the game but after reading the recent comments I have a bad feeling. I'm a dev, but I speak here as a player. I remember the last time I played this game was before I started my game. That was... The main city underground (Submission...?) castle/mansion map had been added, and some content with the ancient demoness that likes human men. (sorry, that's a long time and I don't remember her name anymore)

I think that's at least two years... or more. The last couple of years have been pretty tiring for me, but the focus here is: How is the game now? I would like to see denser writing, more well-constructed writen scenes and characters and the last time I played it I was looking forward to seeing that.

I honestly think more than two years is more than enough for such a thing. I like text RPGs, and they are always my main preference for playing and have been my main inspiration to start my own game. Recent comments have blown my expectations though.
This jog your memory? Would have been from December 2019

Reactions: Airell

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
This jog your memory? Would have been from December 2019

Yeah, a long time and a lot has changed since then. Among this is that I unfortunately lost a lot of my free time. Thanks btw.

It's weird to see that this thread has turned into an eternal sea of tears.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017

I regret to inform that not a whole lot has been added since then. The Fields (next major area) was promised back in 2018 but only came to fruition last year, as a result of Inno's procrastination and tendency to get distracted by side-content (some of which was unplanned) and minor NPCs. The companion system was abandoned (you can still enable it, though at your own peril). I made a post about what was really done over the years (though I didn't continue past 2021). You can see it here.

According to some, the quality of the writing has deteriorated and some of the new NPCs are either too niche to be enjoyable or at least pander too much to minor crowds, making it debatable whether or not the amount of time spent writing them was justifiable at that point in time. Also, Inno's progress has been slowing down more and more each year. Some attribute it to personal problems, such as lack of motivation, others say the code is becoming a tangled mess that is making it harder and harder to add content. I think both arguments are true.

Right now, it has been 2 months since the latest release (3 months, if we count the latest free build) and we're back to delays after delays and delays for the delays. The last free update was in February, the last preview update was in March, she made two posts after that and then radio silence. Her last post in SubStar is from March (meaning she wrote an update on the blog but didn't post anything for her subscribers). And yet she is relatively active on Discord, but only for off-topic stuff...

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes