iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I was having fun with this until I got to the part where I had to go into the sewers and got molested by roving gangs of imps and the combat turned into a slog. I probably just have to enchant my gear, which I've not bothered doing up until now.

Anybody have some tips to make the combat a bit easier? I really just want to wander around and do all the cool content.
Well... enchanting you gear is step one.

You can massively increase your own health (energy) and magic reserves. You can boost your elemental damage, physical damage, melee damage (feels like those two should be combined) or lust damage by huge amounts.

Most items have five slots. The top-level enchantment is +5 in one stat.
That totals to +25 per item. You can easily equip ten items simultaneously. Not counting piercings and tattoos. (enchanting a tattoo doesn't cost essence either, just cash)

Getting a decent weapon is key too (I prefer melee so it doesn't waste my essences) A knight-sword or something.
I don't really bother with spells myself, but some of them are probably pretty powerful.
Elemental summoning gives you a whole new minion. Their magic is incredibly powerful, but they tend to be super fragile since they usually have zero body stat,
Easily fixed with potions or equipment though.

Elementals have the exhibitionism trait, so they don't want to cover up (and gain stat bonuses for exposure) but you can still equip all kinds of things on them without covering groin or chest.
You can even give them proper clothes then just set them to be permanently displaced. (A permemently unzipped leather jacket with nothing under it is a nice image)
Elemnentals also have their own stat-tree which governs which spells they can use.

You can also bring one non-elemental party-member with you. Get a slave, equip her much like yourself then level her in combat.
You can also teach slaves spells the same way you learn them, via the books.
Might be worth teaching a slave just the helaing spell, so she'll save her mana for that. I don't know how good the party AI is though.

End result is your party of you and two levelled and well equipped minions going up against groups of four powerful but poorly equipped imps.

The difficulty spike between the main city and the underground is huge though. It kinda feels like there should be a mid-tier dungeon, and there really isn't.
I guess Harpy Nest counts, but that's probably even easier than the regular city.

Oh, also. Impish Brew can very easily be converted into a +60% heal for both HP and MP. You can even stack the effect twice on a single potion to make full heals.
You can drink these between battles to recover, and even give them to your slaves.

Apparantly slaves can also summon elementals, but I don't know how to make them cast spells.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Apparantly slaves can also summon elementals, but I don't know how to make them cast spells.
To give slaves spells just buy the book, open the slaves inventory and then have them read the book. However I've tried having a slave summon an elemental so I have four party members, but the slave's elemental didn't show up in combat. So I'm not sure if it's worth teaching slaves the summon spells.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
To give slaves spells just buy the book, open the slaves inventory and then have them read the book. However I've tried having a slave summon an elemental so I have four party members, but the slave's elemental didn't show up in combat. So I'm not sure if it's worth teaching slaves the summon spells.
I know how to teach them sells. I said that in the post you quoted.
Making them cast, is the problem.

There's a button to make them dispel their elemental, but none to make them summon it in the first place.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I know how to teach them sells. I said that in the post you quoted.
Making them cast, is the problem.

There's a button to make them dispel their elemental, but none to make them summon it in the first place.
They'll randomly cast any spell they have the aura for. If you want them to summon just make sure that they have enough aura to cast it and no other spell available.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
They'll randomly cast any spell they have the aura for. If you want them to summon just make sure that they have enough aura to cast it and no other spell available.
In-battle random use then?

Cuz you yourself can summon your elemental though your menu, out of combat.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
In-battle random use then?

Cuz you yourself can summon your elemental though your menu, out of combat.
Yep. The only way I got my slave to summon was to have it happen in battle, and then every battle after that her elemental didn't appear in the battle party even though it was in the party on the map screen. Leading me to the conclusion that it's a complete waste of time teaching your companion any of the summon spells.

I now stick to teaching them one or two attack spells and the heal, if I teach them any magic at all. I tend to go 95% physical attack.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
How much content is behind the imps? I'm not sure if I want to really go through that much effort if I already have scene most of the story stuff anyway. Seems like a big focus is just on free form sandbox stuff anyhow.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
How much content is behind the imps? I'm not sure if I want to really go through that much effort if I already have scene most of the story stuff anyway. Seems like a big focus is just on free form sandbox stuff anyhow.
You have to clear out all of the imp fortresses in order to proceed through the main quest line.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
Yes, I mean how much main quest line is there left? If I'm almost at the end of the main quest I might not bother doing the rest of it.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Yes, I mean how much main quest line is there left? If I'm almost at the end of the main quest I might not bother doing the rest of it.
There's not a huge amount of the main quest left after that. It's mainly meeting Lilaya's mom and getting a lot of information about Lilith and her plans. Once you've done that there's nothing until Inno posts the next version. Assuming that she adds the new town in the next patch and doesn't push it back till 3.3+

Reactions: MrCrazy123

Fury945

Mar 5, 2018
my memory has failed me badly, I remembered the hypno-watch but not where to get it (helpful right :rolleyes:) I also remember Amber but can't remember how to go about meeting her though knowing my luck it'll be during the main quest which I've been avoiding for now. the worst part though? I somehow remember a very basic guide that for the life of me I can't find online or as a download/screenshot in my pc's folders (meaning I didn't do what I normally do and download all useful info i could get my hands on, I may not always follow it but at least it's there if I get stuck) anyway google and the search function haven't helped with the amber issue, so can anyone clarify how to meet her? hypno watch was easier to solve as you can just debug it if you get frustrated enough by the lack of useful info on the net.

justavisitor

May 26, 2018
my memory has failed me badly, I remembered the hypno-watch but not where to get it (helpful right :rolleyes:) I also remember Amber but can't remember how to go about meeting her though knowing my luck it'll be during the main quest which I've been avoiding for now. the worst part though? I somehow remember a very basic guide that for the life of me I can't find online or as a download/screenshot in my pc's folders (meaning I didn't do what I normally do and download all useful info i could get my hands on, I may not always follow it but at least it's there if I get stuck) anyway google and the search function haven't helped with the amber issue, so can anyone clarify how to meet her? hypno watch was easier to solve as you can just debug it if you get frustrated enough by the lack of useful info on the net.
Amber is in the main quest, in the villa where you have to break into when you rescue Arthur.
You get the Hypno watch after you rescued Arthur and retreived his package.

Fury945

Mar 5, 2018
Tyvm, I thought that may have been so but as I said I couldn't remember, haven't played for a couple of months due to getting engrossed in AC: Odyssey and Nier Automata.

U

User_298516

How does the orgasm denial fetish work? Can't seem to get any xp. Can't seem to get any sub or dom xp too, which is weird.

wtfthrowaway4678

Dec 14, 2018
how long is the story
I played it a lot from about 2pm the first day and 6pm the next day. I'd wager I spent maybe what, more or less 18 hours till I reached the end of development? And then I actually explored some of the stuff I passed up like some side quests, learning magic, slavery stuffs, and finally grinding up essences to minmax my gear. I'd say there's plenty to do but it certainly seems like (based on the story) that there's gonna be WAY more content to come eventually.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
If you consider the fact that there are 7 elder lilin that you have to defeat before the final confrontation with Lilith, I'd say that we're at the end of chapter 1 of 8. That is just my opinion of course.

Reactions: Lukeseagreen12
U

User_298516

How the fuck do you beat the imps? My character's worn out after just one encounter with a set of them.

4.10 star(s) 117 Votes