Unity - Completed - Lillian's Adventure -The Sage's Tower and the Great Cave Labyrinth- [Final] [Kokage no Izumi]

1. 4.00 star(s)

HeavyMetalSlug

This entire game feels like a long, 2-3 hour acid trip that only gets crazier by the minute. I don't know what drugs the devs were doing while making this fetish-crazed romp, but hook me up with some of that shit ASAP.

Lillian's Adventure is a small but quaint metroidvania that follows a totally-not-lewd elf's misadventures into the "Sage's Tower" and the surrounding area. The controls can take a bit of getting used to since jump is the up key and unfortunately can't be bound elsewhere. While this normally spells disaster for most games, it's not too big of an issue since the jump is incredibly floaty and there's not much of a focus on platforming to begin with. Do note that while jump and movement can't be swapped to other keys, everything else can for some odd reason.

The game provides two main ways of attacking monster gals (and the occasional guy) while exploring: Shooting arrows for distant combat and using an upward slash for close-range. Holding the shoot button allows for more arrows to be summoned, and they can even be stored for quick usage later-on (an extremely handy feature, I might add). You also have a ball you can kick while clung onto walls and a mine that shoots ink, but these moves are too slow and underpowered to be worth using. Every attack you perform (as well as dodging) consumes a part of your magic meter that slowly regenerates over time. Use too much magic and the bar overheats, leaving Lillian in a helpless state. I found the concept grating when I had played the game a few years back, but the ample amount of items that fully replenish your magic negates the issue of constant overheating.

Combat can get a bit annoying against flying enemies or those that spam projectiles since arrows can only be fired directly in front of you. Enemies can also deal an obscene amount of damage for no reason whatsoever, which makes the game's bosses a bitch to deal with since you're also crammed into an arena with nowhere near enough space to dodge effectively. Health potions are super cheap at the shop, though, so stocking up and healing when needed makes these encounters a lot more manageable. Pro-tip, but use the game's equipment system to spec into defense as soon as you can; It'll make blasting through the game much more enjoyable than opening the menu to heal every 20 seconds.

Other small but noticeable issues in this game include:
    • The final defense upgrade not being obtainable. The fourth piece of the white defense gem was accidentally turned into an extra attack gem piece, which renders 100%ing this game impossible.
    • The escape button soft-resetting the game. This could be a personal issue, but I can't tell you how many times I restarted the damn game and lost ten minutes worth of progress because I was trying to open/exit a menu.
    • After beating the final boss, you get a unique item to equip. Problem being, there's no new game plus to try it out with. You can always romp through old areas with the item equipped, but not being able to start the game again with it removes some of the fun.
    The H-scenes for this game are...interesting, to say the least. Definitely on the freaky side of the spectrum, with there being scenes for vore (with or without full tours that give Lillian the 'horny' status effect), giantess, watersports, bloodplay, hand-eating (?), being liquified into milk (??), and a particularly infamous scene where Lillian is dissolved to a pink goo by a devil-girl's corrosive farts before being sucked up that same girl's anus.

Good fucking Lord in Heaven.

Despite how much some of them make me question my will to live, the scenes themselves are well animated and would definitely provide a good time to those who are into that stuff. Bonus points are also given for the ability to unlock everything in the gallery from the get-go; Perfect for those who want to get their rocks off without playing the game.

Lillian's Adventure turned into a surprisingly fun romp that's better than I remember it being. Both the gameplay and suggestive material, while not perfect, are still better than most of what's on the hentai-vania market nowadays. As long as you've got the ability to handle some serious WTF moments, I highly recommend giving this gem a go.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

jackysexington

I played though this one a fair while ago. I only had difficulty with one boss but other then that the game is more then fair. it involves a reasonable amount of kinks and if you played any of hi other games you'll know what to expect. expect some hard core fetishes and loss scene's plus decent platforming.
    an excellent edition to my own collection and well worth actually buying to support the developer.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Squall14

Really fun side scroller! It has a unique design as well. Beautiful to look at. Chill and calm bgms. About 3 to 4 hours until completion (first playthrough). Not too difficult as well. The only challenging part for me was the training ordeal and i believe you don't even need to do it. Great atmosphere (especially the graveyard area) and cool looking enemies. However, the h-scenes would be the lacking part here. Even if they are well animated and well sounded, some of them contain gore and devour types. And they are no options when you play them. All you can do is watch. They don't last long as well. Still, this is an entertaining game with great designs and atmosphere. I would recommend.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

BronzeThrowaway

Impressively wide number of fetishes represented. The gallery makes it easy to unlock and view all the scenes. The UI and platforming is a little clunky so as a game I wouldn't necessarily recommend it but if you're just here for the smut it's easy and enjoyable.