Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
any way to increase text speed please ?
this solution don't seem to work
https://f95zone.to/threads/lisa-ep-2-ch-2-v0-5-final-palegrass.86725/page-44#post-6169902

I've DL the YEP_X_MessageSpeedOpt.js and put it in www\js\plugins
I've edited the www/js/plugins.js adding the code line and it look like that :
Code:
{"name":"YEP_KeyboardConfig","status":true,"description":"v1.04 Allows players to adjust their button configuration\nfor keyboards.","parameters":{"---General---":"","Command Name":"Keyboard Config","Button Events":"1 2 3","Button Events List":"[]","---Help Text---":"","Key Help":"Change the configuration of this key?","Default Layout":"Default Keyboard Layout","Default Help":"Reverts your keyboard setting to the default setup.","WASD Layout":"WASD Movement Layout","WASD Help":"Changes your keyboard to WASD movement.","Finish Config":"Finish Configuration","Finish Help":"Are you done configuring your keyboard?","Assigned Color":"21","Action Color":"4","Clear Text":"Clear","---Key Names---":"","OK Key":"OK","OK Text":"OK / Talk","Escape Key":"X","Escape Text":"Cancel / Menu","Cancel Key":"Cancel","Cancel Text":"Cancel","Menu Key":"Menu","Menu Text":"Menu","Shift Key":"Dash","Shift Text":"Dash","PageUp Key":"PgUp","PageUp Text":"Page Up","PageDown Key":"PgDn","PageDown Text":"Page Down","Left Key":"◄","Left Text":"Move ◄ Left","Up Key":"▲","Up Text":"Move ▲ Up","Right Key":"►","Right Text":"Move ► Right","Down Key":"▼","Down Text":"Move ▼ Down"}},
{"name":"YEP_X_MessageBacklog","status":true,"description":"v1.01 (Requires YEP_MessageCore.js) Add a message backlog\r\nfunction to your game's message system!","parameters":{"---Backlog Key---":"","LogKeyButton":"tab","EnableLogKey":"true","---Settings---":"","DefaultLogging":"true","LogSpecialInput":"true","SpecialInputFmt":"»%1","MaximumEntries":"20","ScrollBarEnabled":"true","ScrollBarColor":"0","ScrollBarSpriteCode":"\"// Establish basic measurements\\nvar padding = backlogWindow.standardPadding();\\nvar width = padding / 2;\\nvar height = Graphics.boxHeight;\\n\\n// Calculate number of visible rows\\nvar visibleRows = backlogWindow.height - padding * 2;\\nvisibleRows = Math.floor(visibleRows / backlogWindow.lineHeight());\\nif (visibleRows < backlogWindow.maxItems()) {\\n  height *= visibleRows / Math.max(1, backlogWindow.maxItems());\\n}\\n\\n// Calculate the size of a basic scrolling increment\\nvar max = Math.floor(Math.max(1, backlogWindow.maxItems()) / backlogWindow.maxCols()) - 1;\\nthis._increment = Graphics.boxHeight / Math.max(1, max);\\n\\n// Generate the bitmap\\nthis.bitmap = new Bitmap(width, height);\\nthis.bitmap.fillAll(backlogWindow.textColor(scrollBarColor));\"","ScrollSpeed":"4","ScrollWrap":"true","---Visual---":"","BackgroundType":"1","BackOpacity":"192","DimColor1":"rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)","DimColor2":"rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)","Picture":"","PictureOpacity":"255","PictureStretch":"true"}}
{"name":"YEP_X_MessageSpeedOpt","status":true,"description":"v1.00 (Requires YEP_MessageCore.js) Let your places adjust the\nspeed the message window displays text.","parameters":{"OptionsCommand":"Message Speed","DefaultSpeed":"11","InstantText":"Instant"}},
];
and I've edited the www/js/plugins/SlowText.js line 75
replaced this : this.updateTextSpeed(this.obtainEscapeParam(textState)); with this : this.obtainEscapeParam(textState);

and when I launch I just have a black screen
so either i'm doing something wrong ( probably it ) or something have changed and this doesn't work anymore ?

LiMp17

Nov 29, 2019
any way to increase text speed please ?
this solution don't seem to work
https://f95zone.to/threads/lisa-ep-2-ch-2-v0-5-final-palegrass.86725/page-44#post-6169902

I've DL the YEP_X_MessageSpeedOpt.js and put it in www\js\plugins
I've edited the www/js/plugins.js adding the code line and it look like that :
Code:
{"name":"YEP_KeyboardConfig","status":true,"description":"v1.04 Allows players to adjust their button configuration\nfor keyboards.","parameters":{"---General---":"","Command Name":"Keyboard Config","Button Events":"1 2 3","Button Events List":"[]","---Help Text---":"","Key Help":"Change the configuration of this key?","Default Layout":"Default Keyboard Layout","Default Help":"Reverts your keyboard setting to the default setup.","WASD Layout":"WASD Movement Layout","WASD Help":"Changes your keyboard to WASD movement.","Finish Config":"Finish Configuration","Finish Help":"Are you done configuring your keyboard?","Assigned Color":"21","Action Color":"4","Clear Text":"Clear","---Key Names---":"","OK Key":"OK","OK Text":"OK / Talk","Escape Key":"X","Escape Text":"Cancel / Menu","Cancel Key":"Cancel","Cancel Text":"Cancel","Menu Key":"Menu","Menu Text":"Menu","Shift Key":"Dash","Shift Text":"Dash","PageUp Key":"PgUp","PageUp Text":"Page Up","PageDown Key":"PgDn","PageDown Text":"Page Down","Left Key":"◄","Left Text":"Move ◄ Left","Up Key":"▲","Up Text":"Move ▲ Up","Right Key":"►","Right Text":"Move ► Right","Down Key":"▼","Down Text":"Move ▼ Down"}},
{"name":"YEP_X_MessageBacklog","status":true,"description":"v1.01 (Requires YEP_MessageCore.js) Add a message backlog\r\nfunction to your game's message system!","parameters":{"---Backlog Key---":"","LogKeyButton":"tab","EnableLogKey":"true","---Settings---":"","DefaultLogging":"true","LogSpecialInput":"true","SpecialInputFmt":"»%1","MaximumEntries":"20","ScrollBarEnabled":"true","ScrollBarColor":"0","ScrollBarSpriteCode":"\"// Establish basic measurements\\nvar padding = backlogWindow.standardPadding();\\nvar width = padding / 2;\\nvar height = Graphics.boxHeight;\\n\\n// Calculate number of visible rows\\nvar visibleRows = backlogWindow.height - padding * 2;\\nvisibleRows = Math.floor(visibleRows / backlogWindow.lineHeight());\\nif (visibleRows < backlogWindow.maxItems()) {\\n  height *= visibleRows / Math.max(1, backlogWindow.maxItems());\\n}\\n\\n// Calculate the size of a basic scrolling increment\\nvar max = Math.floor(Math.max(1, backlogWindow.maxItems()) / backlogWindow.maxCols()) - 1;\\nthis._increment = Graphics.boxHeight / Math.max(1, max);\\n\\n// Generate the bitmap\\nthis.bitmap = new Bitmap(width, height);\\nthis.bitmap.fillAll(backlogWindow.textColor(scrollBarColor));\"","ScrollSpeed":"4","ScrollWrap":"true","---Visual---":"","BackgroundType":"1","BackOpacity":"192","DimColor1":"rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)","DimColor2":"rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)","Picture":"","PictureOpacity":"255","PictureStretch":"true"}}
{"name":"YEP_X_MessageSpeedOpt","status":true,"description":"v1.00 (Requires YEP_MessageCore.js) Let your places adjust the\nspeed the message window displays text.","parameters":{"OptionsCommand":"Message Speed","DefaultSpeed":"11","InstantText":"Instant"}},
];
and I've edited the www/js/plugins/SlowText.js line 75
replaced this : this.updateTextSpeed(this.obtainEscapeParam(textState)); with this : this.obtainEscapeParam(textState);

and when I launch I just have a black screen
so either i'm doing something wrong ( probably it ) or something have changed and this doesn't work anymore ?
Did you try W to speed text?

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
this is for skiping, I don't want to skip text I want to speed up text
it too slow I read the line 10 time faster than the speed it appears
You can go 2 speeds faster:
Fast x 2 hold down only the left mouse button
Fast x 4 hold down the left mouse button + the W key

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
You can go 2 speeds faster:
Fast x 2 hold down only the left mouse button
Fast x 4 hold down the left mouse button + the W key
again, THIS SKIP TEXT
I don't want to skip text I just want it to appears faster
I want to remove the "slow effect" the dev put in it , it's horrible
in any game, when you click, the next textbox appears and the text is displayed at a certain speed and if you click again on the same textbox, the line appears entirely and instantaneously, but in this game you can't make the text appears instantaneously no matter how many time you click
this is what I want, just removing the effect the dev put in the display the text soooo slowly

Shelby_Ruman

Dec 2, 2020
again, THIS SKIP TEXT
I don't want to skip text I just want it to appears faster
I want to remove the "slow effect" the dev put in it , it's horrible
in any game, when you click, the next textbox appears and the text is displayed at a certain speed and if you click again on the same textbox, the line appears entirely and instantaneously, but in this game you can't make the text appears instantaneously no matter how many time you click
this is what I want, just removing the effect the dev put in the display the text soooo slowly
I think there is. A Dash Speed On/Off thing in the Options..hope you can check that out

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
hey. use the search function to find your answer. or google it.
or you can click twice on each progress click instead of once.
there is no other way to speed up text in RPGMV.
1 : as I mentioned in my first post, I've already searched here, and I've found this
but it didn't work, so I was asking if someone know how to make it work

2 : you can't click multiple time to make the text appear faster, the dev made the text speed slow and impossible to speed up by clicking

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
1 : as I mentioned in my first post, I've already searched here, and I've found this
but it didn't work, so I was asking if someone know how to make it work

2 : you can't click multiple time to make the text appear faster, the dev made the text speed slow and impossible to speed up by clicking
Try to delete the SlowText plugin (+remove it from plugins.js too) and see if it suits your taste or not, but beware that it will have an impact how dialogues are displayed.

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
Try to delete the SlowText plugin (+remove it from plugins.js too) and see if it suits your taste or not, but beware that it will have an impact how dialogues are displayed.
thanks you but I've already tried that and yes it work but unfortunately there is now numbers at the beginning of some line
probably the number used to define the speed of a line
now that the plugin is no longer here, those number appears as just number

you can't just delete the plugin, you have to edit it to speed up text but I totally suck at coding so no idea what to do ...

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
thanks you but I've already tried that and yes it work but unfortunately there is now numbers at the beginning of some line
probably the number used to define the speed of a line
now that the plugin is no longer here, those number appears as just number

you can't just delete the plugin, you have to edit it to speed up text but I totally suck at coding so no idea what to do ...
Try my modified SlowText plugin.

Edit: Kudos to user Thunderhips for his original post.
https://f95zone.to/threads/lisa-ep-2-ch-2-v0-5-final-palegrass.86725/post-6169902

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 112 Votes