maiie

Apr 10, 2020
No but honestly the game is better without it, it was never remotely believable that Lisa would believe her relationship with Viv would upset Sharon so Paul never had any power
I'm not gonna pretend I was into the dark stuff, but yeah, the idea that Lisa was so mortified of her benign little secret getting out that she'd consent to this ratboy's sadomasochism was poor reasoning

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
No but honestly the game is better without it, it was never remotely believable that Lisa would believe her relationship with Viv would upset Sharon so Paul never had any power
I'm not gonna pretend I was into the dark stuff, but yeah, the idea that Lisa was so mortified of her benign little secret getting out that she'd consent to this ratboy's sadomasochism was poor reasoning
The blackmail was that Paul would tell Danny that Lisa cheated on him. Lisa submitted to the blackmail to protect her relationship with Danny, and also her relationship with Jo, since Jo is her best friend and also good friends with Danny. Bear in mind that Jo had already shown during the swim meet that she gets very upset if she thinks that Lisa is cheating.

The blackmail was very much believable. It would have been smarter for Lisa to refuse to submit, but people make bad decisions all the time, and blackmail does often work in the real world.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
The blackmail was that Paul would tell Danny that Lisa cheated on him. Lisa submitted to the blackmail to protect her relationship with Danny, and also her relationship with Jo, since Jo is her best friend and also good friends with Danny. Bear in mind that Jo had already shown during the swim meet that she gets very upset if she thinks that Lisa is cheating.

The blackmail was very much believable. It would have been smarter for Lisa to refuse to submit, but people make bad decisions all the time, and blackmail does often work in the real world.
You're conflating certain events. Yes, Jo was upset that she thought Lisa was cheating on Danny but that is unrelated to the blackmail storyline which is specific to Lisa, Paul, Viv and Sharon

• Angry
Reactions: TicTacPack

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
You're conflating certain events. Yes, Jo was upset that she thought Lisa was cheating on Danny but that is unrelated to the blackmail storyline which is specific to Lisa, Paul, Viv and Sharon
It is not unrelated. Lisa being concerned about Jo discovering that she had cheated was one of the reasons why she submitted, along with being afraid that Paul would tell Danny.

I think you're still remembering the original plot for the blackmail, which was centered around Sharon finding out about Lisa and Viv, and which was a much weaker plot. You should bear in mind that PaleGrass did a significant rewrite of that path. The newer version, with Lisa trying to protect her relationships with Danny and Jo, was in the game for several months before PG pulled the Paul and Duncan content.

Reactions: TicTacPack

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
It is not unrelated. Lisa being concerned about Jo discovering that she had cheated was one of the reasons why she submitted, along with being afraid that Paul would tell Danny.

I think you're still remembering the original plot for the blackmail, which was centered around Sharon finding out about Lisa and Viv, and which was a much weaker plot. You should bear in mind that PaleGrass did a significant rewrite of that path. The newer version, with Lisa trying to protect her relationships with Danny and Jo, was in the game for several months before PG pulled the Paul and Duncan content.
I bypassed the blackmail storyline this time so must've missed the changes

maiie

Apr 10, 2020

This was changed? I always knew it as Lisa was with Viv in the kitchen and Paul saw and for some reason this incapacitated Lisa into bizarre servitude.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
This was changed? I always knew it as Lisa was with Viv in the kitchen and Paul saw and for some reason this incapacitated Lisa into bizarre servitude.
After the rewrite, there are two possible ways for Paul to blackmail Lisa. Or rather, there were two possible ways, since the route has now been cut from the game.
  1. Paul sees and overhears Lisa and Viv talking and making out in Lisa's bedroom. I think he also took a photo or video of them for proof, but I'd have to go back and check on that. He threatens to tell Danny about Lisa's cheating. Lisa doesn't want to lose Danny, and she's also afraid that she'll lose her friendship with Jo, if Danny finds out.
  2. It's the same as above, except that, instead of seeing Lisa with Viv, Paul sees her with Byron.

tata19

Jul 22, 2019
After the rewrite, there are two possible ways for Paul to blackmail Lisa. Or rather, there were two possible ways, since the route has now been cut from the game.
  1. Paul sees and overhears Lisa and Viv talking and making out in Lisa's bedroom. I think he also took a photo or video of them for proof, but I'd have to go back and check on that. He threatens to tell Danny about Lisa's cheating. Lisa doesn't want to lose Danny, and she's also afraid that she'll lose her friendship with Jo, if Danny finds out.
  2. It's the same as above, except that, instead of seeing Lisa with Viv, Paul sees her with Byron.
In short, what is taken out is the rape part, but would it continue in blackmail?

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
In short, what is taken out is the rape part, but would it continue in blackmail?
This has been discussed at length since page 385 of this thread - so for the past twenty-one pages. If you don't feel like reading all of those pages, I can understand that, but even the last five or six pages will bring you up to date.

But, in short, both rape and blackmail content has been cut from the game, and will not be included, going forward.

Reactions: L7Bear and tata19

tata19

Jul 22, 2019
This has been discussed at length since page 385 of this thread - so for the past twenty-one pages. If you don't feel like reading all of those pages, I can understand that, but even the last five or six pages will bring you up to date.

But, in short, both rape and blackmail content has been cut from the game, and will not be included, going forward.
Ok I misunderstood your previous message. I thought I understood what you were saying that the blackmail part was maintained, that's why the consultation was maintained because, as you say, I had read that it disappeared from the game. My apologies

Jul 13, 2022

And what do you think about "a patch" ? do you think is it a work around for not creating a trouble for the dev if it could released by some other person ?

as you know most games have incest patch to implement changes like landlady = mother etc. A similar patch will solve this cut content ?

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
And what do you think about "a patch" ? do you think is it a work around for not creating a trouble for the dev if it could released by some other person ?

as you know most games have incest patch to implement changes like landlady = mother etc. A similar patch will solve this cut content ?
Ethically, I'm opposed to anyone creating content with copyrighted characters and settings without the consent of the copyright holder.

Practically speaking, anyone who created a patch would need to, at the very least, be a competent writer and a skilled Daz artist, or the patch would be hot garbage.

A patch to just change terminology, like changing landlady to mother, wouldn't work here, because we're not talking about dialogue changes. We're talking about existing content and planned future content which have been completely removed.

Reactions: tata19
Jul 13, 2022
I mean, patch can be done by the dev himself but will be released by "another person"
I also meant content changes, not just dialogue.

Think about rape scene in the bar. Just couple of shots with different expression on Lisa's face and dialogue changes can turn the rape scene into group sex scene with consent and vice versa.

• Angry
Reactions: L7Bear

Skorm007

Nov 27, 2017
I mean, patch can be done by the dev himself but will be released by "another person"

Think about rape scene in the bar. Just couple of shots with different expression on Lisa's face and dialogue changes can turn the rape scene into group sex scene with consent and vice versa.
Not to be an ass, but we've been over this multiple times in this thread. PG is not going to continue those paths and has actively cut them from the game (which took some time), nothing is going to change that at this point. He's also not going to sneakily continue it as a patch distributed by someone else, that's still illegal and easily traced back to him.
If you want those paths to continue and you got the skills, you could try to make it yourself.

I'd much rather look to the future than continue the same discussion we've had for the last weeks.

Jul 13, 2022
Not to be an ass, but we've been over this multiple times in this thread. PG is not going to continue those paths and has actively cut them from the game (which took some time), nothing is going to change that at this point. He's also not going to sneakily continue it as a patch distributed by someone else, that's still illegal and easily traced back to him.
If you want those paths to continue and you got the skills, you could try to make it yourself.

I'd much rather look to the future than continue the same discussion we've had for the last weeks.
"easily traced back to him." So are you deep web expert ha ? Ok enlighten me please how can it be traced ?

"that's still illegal" If you can't prove that patch made by PG, not illegal.

Skorm007

Nov 27, 2017
"easily traced back to him." So are you deep web expert ha ? Ok enlighten me please how can it be traced ?

"that's still illegal" If you can't prove that patch made by PG, not illegal.
If he worked on it and police apprehend him or his stuff (which is what he's worried about), it can be very easy to discover that he in fact made it.
In the end he is just not willing to work on something that is illegal in his country because of the understandable fear of being discovered, so it's not worth it to keep hoping and discussing it for months on end.

S.A.M studios

Jan 3, 2020

Well i gave the same suggestion that turn those scenes into non rape scenes and show all things happening with consent but game got already changed so now there is no point to argue on something again and again game not going to be change second time.

4.30 star(s) 113 Votes