RPGM - Lisa [v2.90b] [PaleGrass]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Smellfire

Its not a bad game, its just not a very well made one.

RPGM, for what is really a visual novel really slows the game down.

The author has made it even slower with fade out transition pictures that take a really really really long time to change from one to the next. Thats the reason it has 5 hours of play. It can and has been worked around/through before but the really slow pace just ruins it for me. You either wait for ever to read the text, which I quite enjoy (the story not the wait) or you just skip the whole lot because your to bored with waiting.

Graphically its ok to pretty good. The renders are decent. The main character is actually a worse render than the "mom" she lives with. Woman lack proper nipples again, really is a bug bare. Nipples are not flat brown blobs.

Why ask at the start for you to name the relationship, then blatently disregard it? makes little sense.

Also should warn new players that they can't save the game for the first 20-40 minutes because of the scripted scene. I thought my game was broken for ages.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

naurd

Awesome game. Female protagonist games are my favorite and I have played pretty much every popular one on here, and this first release puts Lisa near the top of my list. Spoilers below.

Positives
    Lisa: gorgeous gorgeous protagonist that is also well written and feels like a real person. Her personality has layers, shy but secretly adventurous, loving girlfriend but tempted by the forbidden, momentarily spontaneous but quickly remorseful for her actions. Just a really well rounded character, potentially my favorite female MC ever.

Corruption: fantastic and believable. The care-free "landlady" and Lisa's repressed desires noted early on make for a natural progression into the increasing lewd. 90% of female protagonist games have corruption based on a need for money and the sheer stupidity of the MC. I am so happy this is not the case here; Lisa's adventures are done simply because she wants to.

Sharing: Always a touchy subject matter that is frequently poorly executed. Not here, the threesome is again very believable, with the Lisa and Danny's previous conversations perfectly setting up a night of booze fuel spontaneity and debauchery. The aftermath too was well done and realistic.

Soundtrack: Is either original or just uses lesser known songs, and is nice touch as it changes with the emotions and momentum of the various scenes. Really shows the dev's commitment to quality putting effort into a frequently neglected area.

Quantity: Easily the best and biggest initial release I have ever played. It wouldn't be fair to expect every update to be 4+ hours of content, but the fact that the dev put this much effort into the initial release before opening up the patreon speaks volumes of the dev and why they are making this game.

Negatives
    Pace of play: Even with the text speeder up mod, this game moves a bit slow. Feels like about 45 minutes of play time could have been trimmed off with faster image transitions, text, and elimination of some redundant RPGM elements (saying hi went entering the ad agency, changing at the bar, etc.). I have replayed several of my favorite scenes, but as it stands now I don't see myself doing a full start to finish replay unless new updates speed it up.

Limited player input: The big choices the player makes so far are whether to cheat, and whether to pursue the sharing story line. The small choices either earn you depravity points or do nothing. Since you need depravity points to progress, the small choices are fairly meaningless, and the nature and themes of the game heavily favors the cheating and sharing routes. I hope future updates will add in some more big choices within the "naughty routes" as well as more frequent small choices to keep you engaged in the longer scenes, and have some consequence.

No gallery: I'm sure this will be fixed later on, but the game desperately needs a gallery feature so I don't need 10 different saves or a couple hours of replay to rewatch sex scenes

Overall
    The good far far outweighs the bad for Lisa, and the negative aspects are understandable for a first time dev, and can easily be remedied in future updates. Lisa is perfect, drop dead gorgeous but also feels like a real life person. Her corruption is sexy yet believable. The dev's care and dedication to the product is evident. The foundation has been laid for the best female MC game ever. I can't wait for episode 2!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

AiDK

This game is undoubtedly one of the best I have played and it should be noted that I have played many perhaps too many for a normal person, but I do not know what makes this game look special, well after all I like to take the The role of a woman although not so strong and in other titles it is only about rape and here I let myself experience not being raped :v
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1157790

Possibly the best game I've ever played? The writing is absolutely fantastic - it does an amazing job of capturing Lisa's apprehension as she gets progressively more corrupt. The sex scenes and scenarios are great, although there is an NTR focus so if that's not your thing, beware. The MC look great - very Tifa-like.

While the good far outweighs the bad, there are problems. For one, it is a RPGM game, and while you can speed the text, you cannot speed the rate images and RPG world scenes progress, which can make it a slow process if you are looking to skip the story. However, despite the claims of other reviews, RPGM does compliment the sandbox style of the game very well as there are multiple (optional) side quests and many more planned, and I'd be the first to advocate for a switch from RPGM to Ren'Py if it was warranted. Also, as other reviews have noted, while the characters are hot, there faces can look wonky at times. Also, I encountered quite a few bugs in my playthrough.

Overall, all the bad are trifles in comparison to all the good this game brings - support this game on Patreon! However, if you don't like NTR and you're the type to skip the story to get to the scenes/CGs, you may want to pass on this one.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Habawa

A RPGM game that is... good?

Nice renders, but the faces they make are goofy af. The writing is okay, it has some funny moments and the premise opens up alot of different situations where the MC can be corrupted. The game sure has alot of potential so I give it a motivational 5/5
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2753179

Too much grind and there are no animations just pictures. I wish it was made in Renpy and boyfriend stuff is boring it would have been better if Lisa was a lonely girl who never had a boyfriend. Most of the girls are hot.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

E_nigma

They say first impressions are everything. Being on RPGM despite being way better formatted for being on renpy definitely doesn't start the game off on a good foot. Nor does the very heavy lean to a ton of tags I'd rather not see right out the gate.

MC is very attractive and a lot of the other girls have great bods but the faces are hit or miss. Graphical quality is pretty good.

As I slowly progress through the game I can't help but shake the feeling im gonna get shoe-horned into some content I don't wanna partake in. On browsing through the cgrip that feeling gets more validated.

Admittedly I haven't made it very far as RPGM requires a bit of commitment to a whole session vs something like renpy but the glowing 5 star review wall seems kind of baffling from what I've played so far.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

HaruDk

One of the best games I have played and that I have spent all the most famous games on this website, I have more than 500 games on my PC and of those 500 I loved it and I had it in a day, I want more, although it has a few bugs in total I found 4 bugs but apart from that 10/10.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Renonymous

There's no reason for this game to be on RPGM. This is almost entirely a visual novel. The few "sandbox" moments you have, you get railroaded. You'll try to go to a zone with nothing to do and get a message "I have no reason to go there" or you'll try to talk to a bystander and get only filler messages. In fact, for the entirety of the game, the RPGM interface falls away for full screen character renders with a dialogue box--the same appearance as all Renpy games.

However, because it's in RPGM and not Renpy: there's a limit on how much you can speed up the text speed, it's impossible to scroll backwards in dialogue to look something up, and you can't save at will. Some dialogue scenes are 2 minutes long, which means if you realize you're not into it and want to save and do something else, you have to skip through 2+ minutes of text before you can open up RPGM's save interface. This is such a bad development choice.

Otherwise, the writing isn't good, but it's not bad either. The lewd scenes are nicely graphic. The renders are both realistic and really fucking weird, with dudes looking like they have 0% body fat and muscles on their muscles, and the "landlady" having permanent Joker-face. I would be interested in at least skimming through it to see the perversity mechanics at work, but the game engine is such a bad fit that I don't want to play this game anymore.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Sesinho

Well, maybe it has the most fluid gameplay of all the rpgms i played. It has decent graphics, maybe the big tits thing is over the top. Sex scenes seem to be quite hot, this devs knows bussiness in that department.

What i cant really take are the face expressions, those smiles are Tim Burton evil guy shit, that doesnt look cheerful at all, and its kind of heavy altering my mood. Devs knows how to make hot sx scenes but doesnt know how to make face expressions of normal people who doesnt come from Arkham Assylum.

(The dev also knows how to put some random dude watching Lisa room, despite the fact that the windows of her room are not facing the street, and its a second floor. Cheap fanservice voyeur, i guess)

There is a decent amount of Wip stuff, and maybe there is still a good amount of content anyway, but its annoying, and i can not give it a perfect rate in the actual state.

I would like to play games of this type game where corruption its actually corruption and not harrassment. If I am not already biased to accept everything that its coming to me as player, you are only getting the MC corrupted if the player says so, (or locked game mechanichs) but not the player, but if the player is not biased, you need to create scenarios where the player, in this case me, doesnt reject the stuff that is coming from, so I, as a player can be corrupted, and as a result i decide to corrupt the MC.

This harrasement events with stats atached kind of forces the player to accept the event whatever he likes it or not, under the threat of having content locked, that is how i felt.

In some dialgues text is really slow, and it is quite annoying cause it is reaaaaally slow.
    Since there is no autosave, if you are enjoying your game, and you get to the artroom and the game crashes, you are screwed and you will have to repeat quite some amount of what you have already played.

It is impossible for me to give it 5 stars and be fair doing so, i kind of envy all the people who rated it so high, they must have enjoyed a lot. I will try if i dont encounter another crash.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Kourosh

Best RPG/Female protagonist game I have ever played . I really have high hopes for this game. The renders are simply beautiful, especially the mc. at some point you'll feel like she is dear to you. You have options for all the NTR/cheating stuff which is awesome. The story is not original but the dialogues are well written & quite funny at times. The menu needs some work & there are a lot of WIP parts & quests in the map, however there's good amount of content (mostly 1 very big event) for the first release. If you are a fan of the genre, you won't find a better game.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

rapos

Un gran lanzamiento con bastante contenido a diferencia de muchos otros que sacan una version 1.0 de 200 megas o 300 megas, para ver si engancha y si no abandonarlo.
    Alguna gente busca sacar dinero con el minimo trabajo, este no es el caso.
    Un gran lanzamiento con contenido en condiciones.
    Una muy buena historia con sutileza y que lo hace diferenciarse de otros juegos que es llegar y llenar.

Una gran sorpresa muy bueno.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

platictoad

Review for Lisa Ep 1 by [PaleGrass]
    Totally Awesome!
    Right when we thought the age of rpg games are done this one came with a bang!
    The way the story unfolds....The side stories....The renders....MC Expressions....Unexpected twists make the game mind blowing....This game deserves more than 5 Ratings!!!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

BreastsAss

I really liked Lisa, such a beautiful real woman with a beautiful kind face. I didn’t like that the game looks like rails, not a sandbox and an almost dead world, there will be no progress if you don’t walk on the rails. In general, the game is very worthy, I hope it will develop, one of the best RPG games. Very good renders. The main thing is Lisa is a heroine, because of her the game is good, but more events and stories are needed.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

vanessa's lover

the best game I ve played so far no cap . I am a fan of the cheating and netorare games and this game is one of the best in terms of story and graphics , I had a blast playing it and I highly recommend it AND I Hope the dev gets all the credit he deserves for making such a masterpiece . one thing I suggest for this game is to make a cheating route completly separate from the sharing route that would make this game even more great in my opinion nevertheless this is a mastrepiece and should definetly be in the top recommanded games . and Iam definitly a patreon now .
  16. 5.00 star(s)

ohhaiguize

Where the hell did this game come from? Heaven? It is so long and so good (even though its in RPGmaker too?!) What a great start to a corruption / NTR / Cheating game! ill jump right in to my good and bad points with some more to say after...

**GOOD**
    - The Writing: This game has great writing and amazing characters that for the most part feel real and only add to the feeling of corruption and sexy situations! Most NTR games (American ones) lack great character build up that makes the corruption even sweeter when you get to it, and this game has that.
    - Its long: Its fucking long! SO much love was put into this first release that I can hardly believe it, It feels like the dev worked on it for 8 months, the episode 1 title is definitely misleading.
    - Detailed World: I hate RPG maker games, they just wind up being a waste of time 9 times out of 10 but this game does it right by only using the RPG featured for exploration and discovery (plus letting you pick your own side quests). The story is beefy and most of the time your viewing a story part and not running around "killing 10 wolfs" to proceed (more on this in the BAD section). MOST of the time the dev makes it very clear where you go for what task, thats not to say that this doesnt need an active quest log though please. Also I loved the little H-events that just happen while your exploring like the guy who feels you up walking down the street, please let us see Lisa's progressing corruption by how she reacts to the groping (like she eventually likes it or something). Long section short those events are great spice.
    - Renders are good: I cant say they are beautiful but most the girls including Lisa look hot (the friends are hot as fuck). The moms nipples did freak me out a bit, she is missing hard nipples? all she has is areolas? huh? but otherwise nice renders and the locations are beautiful too, seeing a goofy RPG maker view then zoom to a real render always is jarring but it works.
    - Sex Scenes Detailed: The sex scenes are hot and well rendered as well, very descriptive text that isnt something stupid like "unf unf unf" " ohh mmmm" spammed 15 times. The inner monologe of Lisa is perfect and we need this for the cheating and NTR aspects, it totally helps show the corruption of Lisa's attitude and sexual drive. Plus the first cheating sex scene was so uncontrollably hot and totally took me by surprise.
    - NTR / Cheating: The NTR / Cheating is by far my favorite part (and most peoples?) and it was done so amazing. games like this ("a wife and a mother" as well) work SO well with NTR themes because its already dealing with a MC turning into a slut (becoming more sexually free). I do have some suggestions though that ill write at the end.
    - Dark: This game is not afraid to get dark and I fucking love that. The bar scene? Wow, fucking great stuff man.

***BAD***
    - RPG maker sucks: I'm sorry RPG maker games still bug the shit out of me, they are not optimized for reading text like renpy games are, like the slow speed at which text appears is painful and the skipping sucks or doesn work! There are multiple bugs I ran into that caused me to replay 30 min of dialog that I couldn't skip, not I'm not blaming the dev for this its all RPG maker lol. I know the Dev is fixing bugs very quick and I eventually installed "MV cheat" to be able to edit the characters position in the world to avoid bugs myself but it then broke the barely working "hold shift to skip" function! fuck! This Dev does make use of the RPG elements but it does bum me out to use this shit engine.
    - Animations: these would be cool ( I want to see Lisa's jiggling milkers so bad) but honestly its not necessary the game is great so far without them, no stars taken off.
    - Minor problems: some minor issues like when I accepted the main "swimming trip" quest I must have missed or blown past the "this will take three days" text because I thought the game was bugged because Lisa wouldn't go on the trip! A quest log would fix this or some text on the screen saying "days before the swimming trip". Also going home to change clothes for quests is super lame and not fun at all, I understand why it needs to happen but maybe just let her change on the spot or something.

Long story short I loved this game and Ive played more than 23 hours of it! Its so good and even the "side quests" feel like main story. I cant wait for more and ill probably be joining your patreon.
    P.S. ill make a comment in the main thread about my thoughts on some missed opportunities.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Shadow2799

I usually avoid RPGM games because I hate RPGM UI and gameplay, but I played this all day and could not get enough of it!
    The MC is absolutely smoking hot...plus it seems like the author has a genuine feel for human interaction...her relationship with anothers feels remarkably real.
    Great job PaleGrass.
    I'm looking forward for the next episode!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

canonss

One of the best new game in the last 12 months, easily. And I've tried quite a lot.
    The corruption development is great, renders are awesome, especially Lisa, who is absolutely gorgeous !! Huge content for a first release.
    It would be great to add like some kind of journal of tasks, to be sure you haven't missed anything.

Great job PaleGrass, i've read you have worked 8 months for this first episode, and it really shows in your game ! It's well polished.
    I'm looking forward for the next episode !
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Alea iacta est

Guys, this game is a jewel.

Story, plot, assets, I like all of it.

I like that sex scenes are long, very well described, full of assets and details. After the RPGM little grind the DEVELOPER correctly reward the user with long detailed sex scenes (I LOVED the threesome on the pool)...

Honestly subscribe to the dev patron and support these guys, the quality is outstanding.

What I would improve.....well I would like to see more hardcore sex scenes (rape, blackmail, etc..) the schoolboy's sex is not real my cup of tea.

Let's see next episodes.....

UPDATE April 2024,
    Unfortunately I found this game became boring and smooth like a vanilla ice-cream.
    We all know the issue with the censorship..... but unfortunately from my point of view the game lost some spark.

I lower to 4 stars because the art and the sex scenes are amazing!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

TheDwayneTrain

Very meaty start! Chapter 1 is ridiculously long for a debut, and I was fully engrossed throughout. First of all the MC is absolutely smoking hot...plus it seems like the author has a genuine feel for human interaction...the relationship with her girlfriends feels remarkably real. I'm very intrigued about the various routes, but I'm also a bit worried that despite the illusion of choice in this game, there really isn't much in the way of deviating from the main path. I.e., after sitting through a second boyfriend sex scene, it really didn't feel like I was on the "cheating" path. But besides that, this is a very promising game!