Recommending List of high quality management/corruption/transformation games

Jan 25, 2018
Does that mean I should also add stuff like sengoku rance? I feel like there should be a line somewhere or every japanese turn-based strategy game would be here, and I'm not sure that Kamidory Alchemy Meister really meshes with the current list... Thoughts?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
The engine is Japanese, but the author of Renryuu Ascension is not. Same for The Last Sovereign. The choice is yours.

Jan 25, 2018
I mean the point isn't so much the nationality of the game as the genre.

"Traditional rpg" turn-based strat games are sort of a thing of their own... I don't know, I guess I could make fourth subcategory but I feel like surely there must already be a ton of recommendation lists out there recommending these games...

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
It's fine, it's your list.

Both games aren't traditional JRPGs though, they have management mechanics and what not. For instance these are the rules you can set in your kingdom in RA:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jan 25, 2018
It's fine, it's your list.

Both games aren't traditional JRPGs though, they have management mechanics and what not. For instance these are the rules you can set in your kingdom in RA:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You might be right on the "traditional" part. I never did play that many traditional JRPGs, they just aren't very appealing to me. I added them under a new category.

And sure I made the list, but I do try to keep an open mind to suggestions. I want this list to grow and be useful to other people.

Jan 25, 2018
I won't be adding Powerless because in the current build there just isn't any content. I think it has great potential, especially artstyle-wise, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone in its current state.

Cumknuckles

Oct 10, 2018
Defiler Wings - the really clunky and the translation is sort of not there
I was mostly recommending it based on having played 1.0 version which has a decent translation.

Also there's which is an interesting game about corrupting a group of magical girls, it's still relatively early but figuring out what sort of tactics are good is still pretty enjoyable.

Last edited:

Cumknuckles

Oct 10, 2018
Reactions: mazqaz

mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018
Ravager ever since I got some super early version of it and looking at it now it seems like it has gotten pretty far along.
Its great and clearly inspired by Defiler Wings, its still short though but right now he has a lot of custom art and a dozen paths to take