Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
I genuinely thought she was selling flowers cuz she looks she was holding one, and wondered why sis was mad at me ;-;
Japanese prostitution. "Mister, would you like to buy this flower?", they do this so that if a person of the law turns up, well, they are just selling flowers... nothing illegal there.
now apply that particular bit of knowledge to some japanese RPGs, you'll be surprised (I'm looking at you Aerith Gainsborough) at the possible implications in a few games.

I could rewrite it, but it was one of those things that I didn't even think about, because I knew exactly what the implied context was.

Despite what some people would have you believe, I didn't decide to be the puritan police when I was translating the game, just took some things and changed them to either A) make more sense for westerners, or B) had a bad area in the translation where I decided to rewrite it.
And as for the SJ bit that got brought up recently, my first thought when I read it was "what?" because it really came out of the left field in a supposed fantasy world, so I decided to do away with it and put in a reference in it's place, although I will admit the whole "could this cause issues?" was also a factor... which it did in the end, damned if I did, damned if I didn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ArchiDreamZ

Apr 12, 2024
[Share][Android-1.1.8]
This is the original Japanese version 1.1.8 of the RMMV version of HBOX. I found someone who bought it, so I asked him for it. I thought F95 didn't have the 1.1.8 resource yet, so I shared it here.

Reactions: Imouto_prpr

orapnam69

Aug 17, 2020
Japanese prostitution. "Mister, would you like to buy this flower?", they do this so that if a person of the law turns up, well, they are just selling flowers... nothing illegal there.
now apply that particular bit of knowledge to some japanese RPGs, you'll be surprised (I'm looking at you Aerith Gainsborough) at the possible implications in a few games.

I could rewrite it, but it was one of those things that I didn't even think about, because I knew exactly what the implied context was.
No, your translation makes it clear enough, I was just slow. It's just that the illustration makes her look like a kid selling flowers, so I didn't think about the other alternative. Maybe adding "~" at the end of the question to make it sound more flirty(?), but I think It's good enough.

SUNCRIS1010

Dec 15, 2020
Not removing that content and not putting a label on it will probably yield discussions of Shadeishere complaining about stuff, westernizing agendas or whatever.

Once that thought's out, short of showing the untranslated script, he'll probably have to deal with a lot of complainers.
Yeah, don't remove content from the author and let the complainers complain, like who cares?
SJW Retards are everywhere, just make sure to not let them decide your actions.

Last edited:
Reactions: akapp
Oct 14, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I mean, you told us about the flowers back when you released the first part of the current version. Granted, that's now forever buried in page...~350 so new people will have never seen it, but I remember you making the comparison to Aerith and it made me laugh.

On that note, you made mention of the easter eggs and small changes and I feel like I should emphasis *small.* *changes.* I get where some are coming from, but some are trying to make it a bigger deal than it really is. Do we get the gist of the game? Do we understand the overarching purpose of said game? I guess some don't, but I will never be able to thank you enough for the translation because I had a blast looking for the easter eggs and experiencing everything that has come out of it since then.

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
Thank you, dear mods, for deleting posts talking about different game translations with people who translated it in a thread made by one of them *and* using "off-topic" as a deletion reason.

Mods are human, they are equally bound to mistakes and bouts of stupidity. Just shake your head and move on.....is what I'll like to say but nah, this sarcasm is funny as hell.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Mods are human, they are equally bound to mistakes and bouts of stupidity. Just shake your head and move on.....is what I'll like to say but nah, this sarcasm is funny as hell.
Honestly, I think the thread got pruned, because earlier, notifications had a few "your message has been deleted" also stating the off topic reason... pity there isn't a way to check said messages now, because I wold love to know which ones got deleted, because it's pretty rare for me to not talk about the game or answer a question... even if to just point out it's (90% of the time) already in the FAQ, which you have to scroll past the link for to get to the download part of the opening post (which is also in text form in the game files people! you have ZERO excuses!)

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Honestly, I think the thread got pruned, because earlier, notifications had a few "your message has been deleted" also stating the off topic reason... pity there isn't a way to check said messages now, because I wold love to know which ones got deleted, because it's pretty rare for me to not talk about the game or answer a question... even if to just point out it's (90% of the time) already in the FAQ, which you have to scroll past the link for to get to the download part of the opening post (which is also in text form in the game files people! you have ZERO excuses!)
Yeah, looks like they ate most stuff thinking it was maybe getting political, when it was actually literally in the game. The way it shows up is weird too cuz I got like, 7 alerts, but I really don't think that many of my posts were removed.

• Sad
Reactions: hurrdurrderpderp

Vendovah

Nov 14, 2022
My best guess is that the mods were given a quota to fill in order to keep their positions, so they're just going to "popular" threads and deleting whatever they think they can get away with for whatever bs reason they can come up with.

4.70 star(s) 86 Votes